Chapter 12

Borrowed From God (Ongoing)
Micky looked at the piece of paper he was holding. Somehow he couldn’t believe what happening and especially what he was reading.

“What’s the meaning of this?” he asked in a raised voice.

Hikaru just stared at him with a calm and annoyed manner. “Can’t you read? It’s a prenuptial agreement. Do you think I would let you marry my sister without even thinking about her welfare? She’s going to be the sole heiress of a multi-billion company. So what else do you expect?”

Micky angrily threw the paper back into Hikaru’s direction. “I don’t care about your sister’s money or wealth. You don’t have to worry. I won’t take a single cent from you or your sister,” he uttered with his face already red with anger.

Hikaru laughed. “Just sign the paper. . . and then I will believe what you are saying.”

Micky looked back at Hikaru with disgust and hate written all over his face. “Has anyone ever told you that you’re such a monster? I have never been rude to a woman before . . . but you have certainly made me break my own rules. I have never met a more despicable person than you.”

Hikaru stared back at him with a maddening smile on her lips. “I’m sorry. . . but I have to do this. I don’t mean to offend you or anything. . . but this is the way I handle things. If you don’t have any problems with the prenuptial agreement, I suggest you just sign it right away so we can get on with the details of the wedding,” she said calmly.

Micky felt like his head was going to explode. He wanted to scream out of frustration and anger, but there were a lot of people around including Mukades and his friends,

“Hikaru, you don’t have to make him sign that agreement. Please don’t push him too far . . .” Mukades begged. She could see the mixed emotions that Micky was experiencing right at that moment. And she couldn’t stop herself from pitying him..

“Just sign the agreement. I don’t have the whole day to waste just waiting for you to sign that paper. Aside from arranging your wedding . . . I also have a big business meeting supposed to be held next week . . . So please stop wasting both of our time. I really don’t have the patience to play around,” Hikaru said coldly.

Micky wanted to say harsh, but after glancing at Mukades, his anger somehow decreased to a point that he was already able to control himself.

He then sighed heavily. And with a heavy heart, he reached out for the paper that Hikaru had placed in front of him again.

Micky momentarily closed his eyes. He was trying to gather all his self control and he was also trying to calm himself down. After he opened his eyes, he gave Mukades one last look before looking at the paper again.

With slow , he carefully signed the prenuptial agreement. And as soon as he was finished, Hikaru’s secretary immediately took the paper.

“See . . . that wasn’t so hard . . . was it? Now moving on about the details of the wedding . . .” Hikaru said with a happier tone.

“Make it quick. Just say everything that you want to say so I can get out of here already. Frankly I don’t want to see your face anymore. And the more I see you. . . the more I hate you,” Micky said with anger in his eyes.

Mukades suddenly bit her lower lip after hearing Micky’s words. Somehow she had a feeling that those words were meant for her. And it was really a shock and very painful for her to hear such words from a man she thought was the most gentle and most perfect man she had ever met.

“Micky . . . be careful with the words you’re saying,” U-Know warned. He had seen the shocked expression on Mukades’ face after hearing what Micky said. He had a feeling that Mukades was hurt with Micky’s words.

Micky looked back at his friends. He suddenly lowered his head. “I’m sorry . . .I guess I’m being too emotional,” he uttered softly.

Hikaru stared at her sister. She immediately noticed the tears that Mukades was trying to hide. “Mukades . . . you’re crying?” she said with concern.

Micky worriedly looked at Mukades’ direction. He also saw the tears that had already started falling from her eyes. And immediately his heart ached after seeing her tears. “Muko, I . . . I’m sorry,” he quickly uttered.

Mukades shook her head, then started to sob. “No, I . . . I should be the one saying sorry. If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be in this situation. I’m sorry, Micky. Please forgive me for ruining your life,” she said in between sobs.

“Muko . . . please . . . don’t say that,” Micky said softly. Somehow he wanted to go to her side and just take her into his arms and wipe her tears away.

Mukades cried harder. “I’m sorry. . . I know you don’t want to get married with me. . . and you’re just being forced to do it. I’m sorry. . . you can just forget about it. You don’t have to marry me . . . I shouldn’t have allowed you to get mixed up with my personal problems right from the start. You should marry someone because you love her . . . and not because it is needed or because of other reasons. Let’s just forget about this arrangement. I will deal with my problems on my own . . . You’re free Micky. . . You don’t have to worry about anything . . . You’re free to go . . .” she said while trying to stop herself from crying.

“Mukades . . . what are you saying?” Hikaru shouted.

“I don’t want to force anyone to marry me Hikaru. I don’t want to tie Micky in a situation that he will regret for the rest of his life. Can’t you understand me? I . . . I don’t want to make him unhappy,” Mukades finally found the strength to talk back to her sister.

Hikaru was stunned. It was the first time that Mukades had the courage to answer her straight. Somehow Hikaru felt defeated instantly. She then let out a long sigh and just lowered her head in defeat. “Very well . . . if that is what you want.”

And after saying those words . . . Hikaru instantly tore the prenuptial agreement that Micky had just signed. She then looked at Micky with sadness in her eyes.

“You’re free, Micky. You don’t have to marry Muko anymore. Don’t worry about the scandal in the hotel. I will fix everything. And I assure you . . . not a single article will ever be written about it after this meeting,” she uttered.

Micky felt lost all of a sudden. Somehow he didn’t want his marriage with Muko to end. He wanted to have her . . . He wanted to marry her . . . He wanted to tell everyone that he was willing to marry her not because he was being forced . . . but because he was already in love with her.

Mukades looked at Micky, one last time . . . And again she started to cry. . . . She didn’t know why but her tears just kept on flowing. She couldn’t understand why she was so hurt with the thought that he didn’t want her. She was aching because somehow deep inside she wanted to be with him. And after knowing that he was totally refusing her was just too painful for her.

Mukades unexpectedly stood up and started to run out of the meeting room. Micky immediately ran after her. He wanted to explain. He wanted to continue . . . He didn’t want to lose her . . .

Micky ran as fast as he could to catch up with Mukades. As soon as he was near her . . . he quickly grabbed her by the arm and took her into his arms.

Mukades didn’t know the feeling she was having while she was in Micky’s arms. Somehow she felt so safe and contented. How she wished . . . if she could only stay in his arms forever . . .

“Why did you have to say that?” Micky uttered softly as he held her tighter.

Mukades cried again. “I’m sorry,” was all she could utter.

Micky slowly released her and carefully wiped away her tears. “You know I hate seeing you crying. It just breaks my heart . . . And you’re wrong . . . I am not refusing you. . . And I absolutely want . . . to marry you. So please don’t break our arrangement. Please marry me . . .” he said in the most sweetest way.

Muko looked deep into his eyes. And at that exact moment . . . she had seen heaven . . . a place where she was willing to spend the rest of her life. . .

Slowly Micky leaned and covered Mukades’ waiting lips. Instantly everything had a new meaning. . . . Everything had stopped . . . they were the only ones in the world now. . . Nothing and no one seemed to exist. It was only them . . . Micky and Muko . . .

Micky’s kiss deepened and Muko just gave in to his kisses. She was totally taken in a roller coaster ride by his kisses. It was her first kiss . . . And he was the first man she had learned to love. . .

Hikaru was filled with so much joy after seeing the scene. She was very happy that she had finally made a right decision. Now she knew her sister was going to be happy with her new life.

The other DBSK boys couldn’t help but smile. They were very happy for Micky as well. They knew that he already had feelings for Muko, but was just hiding it for certain reasons.

And now . . . somehow everything was already perfect . . . or so it seemed . . . . .