Chapter 24

Borrowed From God (Ongoing)
“What?” Alexa asked with her eyes fully rounded with shock.

Muko and all her friends were in Ah Sang’s apartment. They immediately went there to discuss about Muko’s problem.

“I can’t believe your sister said that. Right now, I am feeling like she should really die or something,” Karin somehow whispered as she shook her head in total disbelief.

“Karin, don’t you dare say that about my sister,” Muko said in a high tone. She was already hurt with what was happening to Hikaru. And no matter how bad other people may see her sister, she still considered her to be the most wonderful person in the whole world.

“Sorry,” Karin spoke softly as she lowered her head and just stayed quiet afterwards.

“But Karin’s right. How could your sister demand such a crazy thing from you? It’s like telling you to commit suicide. Isn’t it enough that she literally manipulated you and Micky to marry each other? Now look at the two of you… It’s like you barely want to be 10 feet near each other,” Tantan said in defense for Karin.

Muko lowered her head. She didn’t know what to say next. She knew that her friends had a point, but she loved Hikaru no matter what she did. She was willing to do anything just to make her happy.

Ah Sang looked at Muko more closely. “Don’t tell us you’re really planning to follow what your wicked sister said?” she asked slowly.

Muko slowly lifted her head and looked straight at her friend. “I love Hikaru. And I will do anything just to make her happy.”

“Oh! For God’s sake! You’re not a saint. You can’t possibly be serious!” Ah Sang said in a loud voice. She was totally stunned and angry both at the same time.

“Hey, think it over Muko. Sleeping with Micky can be considered acceptable on some grounds… But having his child? I think that is a little bit too far. You already want to break it off with him right? So all of a sudden… you’re going back to him again? And you’re considering of getting yourself pregnant with his child just to satisfy your dying sister? Even if your intention has a noble side, I would still consider it as stupid… Sorry,” Yuuki said with a sharp tone.

“It’s like you’re suddenly putting an innocent child into a helpless and miserable situation. Sorry to say this… but what happens after your sister dies? Have you ever considered that? What about the child? What about you? Just looking at your current situation, I think as soon as the agreement regarding your marriage with Micky is over… he will surely push through with the divorce. So that would leave you with what?” Eve also voiced out her opinion.

“If you’re not worried about yourself… just think about the poor child you will be bringing into this world. A child should be brought up by a father and a mother… and not just one… Believe me, growing up with just your mother will cause some kind of problems for the child later on… Have some pity. Spare an innocent child,” Rainny added.

“Are you really all against me?” Muko couldn’t help but ask out loud.

“Yes! We’re your friends. We will never lie to you. And we will never consent on something that we know will have more serious consequences later on… especially when we’re talking about a child’s life…” Jija answered.

“But…. What about Hikaru? Should I just let my sister down? Can’t you guys understand that it is her last wish… She wants to see her niece or nephew before she …”

Muko bit her lower lip to stop herself from crying. Somehow she was expecting some kind of sympathy and support from his friends. But she never expected that all of them would totally have a strong disapproval of what she was planning to do.

“We’re not your enemies, Muko. We are here to help you. But we won’t help in something we know isn’t right,” Nitoome softly uttered.

“But always remember…. no matter what you decide… we will always respect it. We just want you to hear our opinions first. So you can have different views on what you’re planning to do. It’s like giving you the pros and cons on your problem. We aren’t condemning you or anything like that…” Kumiko said with a smile.

Ah Sang sighed. “I might sound harsh. But I just want you to know how I feel because I also love you. We all love you. We already know you’re hurting because of your current situation with Micky. So if you continue with what Hikaru wants… then it will just make matters more complicated. Please think it over one hundred times more.”

“Better yet think it over a million times…” Syaira added.

Muko shook her head. “Hikaru doesn’t have much time left. Please understand. I need to do this. I want to make her happy before she… goes…”

“You’re being narrow-minded. You want to make Hikaru happy? Think about Micky and the child you will be having… Listen to yourself… You’re actually planning to have a child for a very wrong reason. You want to be a nun, remember? Didn’t they teach you about the importance of life and the true meaning of having a child? A child is supposed to be brought into this world because two people love each other. And not because someone told you to have one,” Anam uttered without any conscience.

Muko was somehow stunned with what her friend said. It was very strong and it affected her so much that she immediately burst into tears. “I thought you guys would understand. I am sorry… But I need to leave now…” she said as she hurriedly left Ah Sang’s apartment.

“Hey, Muko… wait,” Kumiko tried to stop their friend.

“I need to be alone now… I will just call you guys later,” Muko tried to utter before finally leaving.

As soon as Muko was gone…

“We were too tough on her,” Syaira uttered to the others.

“It’s okay. She needs to hear all the bad things anyway. We can’t just tell her it is all right when we all know it isn’t,” Yuuki replied.

“Anyway everything will still depend on her decision. But I do hope that she chooses the right decision,” Ah Sang added.

“Poor Muko, it seems her life just gets more complicated as days pass by,” Nitoome uttered with a sigh.

“I just wish that Hikaru would somehow find the light and change her last request. Honestly… it’s her that is making everything difficult for Muko,” Jija said out loud.

The other girls nodded their heads in agreement.

“Yes, let’s all pray that something happens and Hikaru’s plan doesn’t happen,” Anam said.

************

Later that same day….

A knock suddenly made Micky stop and stare at his door. He was currently reading a book. Thinking it was one of the boys, he quickly went to the door

“Hey, why are you guys knocking all of a sudden?” he said with a smile which immediately disappeared after he saw who was standing in front of his room. “Muko?”

Muko’s eyes were red from crying non-stop and she was still sobbing.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” Micky asked with concern. He immediately touched her face.

Muko unexpectedly embraced Micky and cried in his arms. “I am sorry… I don’t have anyone to run to. Even my friends are all against me… Please I need someone… I need you now,” she uttered with a low voice.