Chapter 3

Borrowed From God (Ongoing)
"Muko, what are you thinking?" Karin asked her friend.

"Maybe she's thinking about a guy. . . Oh! I do hope that she really is," Alexa said with a grin.

"As if that would ever happen. . . Only a miracle could actually make her notice a guy. It's like she's totally forgotten the male species," Jija said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Hey, Jija, you're being harsh again. Stop it. We have to respect what Muko wants. We all agreed about it, remember?" Rainny said with a different expression on her face.

"Let's just change the topic girls. I think this will just lead to another discussion. We're all here to have fun and not to argue," Nitoome said to her other friends as she handed all of them different bottles of liquor.

Mukades smiled and shook her head as if to say no as when Nitoome finally handed her a bottle of beer. "You know I don't drink."

"For heaven's sake Muko, give yourself some freedom before you actually hang yourself," Jija said with irritation.

"Jija," Rainny said as if to stop her friends from fighting.

"You only have two months to enjoy your real life, after that . . . you can basically just hide yourself from the outside world as long as you want. . . But please just give yourself a chance to enjoy life as it comes," Nitoome said softly but with a sharp tone in her voice.

Mukades looked at Nitoome, then at Jija. She knew that even her friends didn't approve of what she wanted to do. Somehow she suddenly thought that they were right. She only had this one last chance to be her real self. She only had two months to experience life . . . a real woman's life.

She then smiled and nodded her head. "I'm sorry. All right. . . From now I will join in everything that you guys want to do. I won't be such a boring friend anymore," she said to Nitoome.

Nitoome's eyes suddenly lit up with joy. "Really?"

Jija, Rainny, Alexa and Karin suddenly stared at Mukades with happiness in their eyes.

"That's good. You finally understand your situation," Jija said with a smile.

"Don't worry. We will make sure that you will never forget the remaining time you have," Alexa said with a light laugh.

"Remaining time left? Hey, that sounds like she's dying or something," Karin said to Alexa.

Alexa surprisedly looked at Karin. "Sorry, didn't mean to. I was just so happy that she finally decided to be just like a normal girl."

Mukades smiled at her friends. She was very happy that even though she had been away for so long, they still cared about her very much. "Thank you guys for always being so concerned about me. And I am really sorry that I can't be a good friend to all of you. I know that I have been very stubborn. But I promise this time I will make sure that I will surely have fun with you guys. And I will no longer be such a lousy friend," she said with mixed emotions.

"Yes, now we can truly have a good time," Alexa shouted with happiness written all over her face.

Rainny laughed as well. "How about we all go shopping tomorrow?" she asked her other friends.

"That's a great idea. Let's all go out tomorrow. We're all going to paint the town red," Nitoome said with smile on her face.

Mukades just nodded her head in agreement. "All right, how about we go out early in the morning, then we can just have lunch at a restaurant?"

Jija looked at Muko again, as if unable to believe what she was hearing. "You're really going with us huh? Oh I am so happy," she said as she quickly hugged Muko.

Karin laughed. "I am so happy. I will make sure that I am going to pick some new clothes for Muko. I really don't like the kind of clothes she's wearing right now. It is. . . too outdated," she said as she shook her head.

Nitoome also nodded her head in agreement with Karin. "Yup, her clothes are truly. . . how should I say it?. . . too plain?" she asked Karin.

"Nope, ugly is the right word for it," Karin replied with a loud laugh.

The other girls all followed Karin's laughter. While Mukades just stayed quiet. She knew that her friends were right. She just wore clothes that she thought were comfortable and she certainly didn't give any consideration to what the current fashion or trend was. So in turn her friends all considered her to be too old fashioned.

Not far away from where Muko and her friends were talking. . . Hikaru and her own set of friends, namely Nuki, Gloria, Lyn and Des were all chatting as well.

"So . . . I can clearly see that you're finally happy now," Lyn said to Hikaru with a smile.

Hikaru then gave Muko a quick look. Then she faced her friends again and nodded. "I feel so complete now. . . Now that she's here," she replied.

Des also looked at Muko. "She's still very beautiful and quite young. I really can't imagine how she could stand being locked up in such a horrible place."

"Hey, she's in a school. What's so horrible about that?" Nuki asked.

"A school controlled by nuns. But frankly I could never really understand why some people still get the idea of going into a convent or a seminary and devoting all their lives to either being a nun or a priest. For me, it is just plain nonsense," Des said.

"That's your own opinion. But to some people, especially religious ones . . . being a priest or a nun is a blessing, a special calling," Gloria tried to explain.

"Well if I was in Hikaru's shoes, I wouldn't let my sister go into a convent either. I would just grab her by the hand, tie her up and just make her stay away from such a place. It is such a waste. . . to actually give yourself into something so . . . uncommon," Des said again.

Gloria laughed. "I can see that Hikaru has really influenced your way of thinking regarding convents and nuns huh? It isn't that bad, Des . . . believe me."

"But it is really a shame if Muko were to continue and really go into a convent. She's so beautiful, smart and talented," Lyn said with a hint of disappointment.

Hikaru lightly laughed. "And who ever said that I would actually let her go into a convent? I would die first before she goes into one."

Des, Lyn, Gloria and Nuki all stared at Hikaru. They all knew that she was really determined to stop Mukades from what she wanted to do.

"So what are you planning to do? Maybe we can introduce her to some guys. I have some friends. Maybe we can set her up on a date or something?" Des said with a smile.

"A date? Not a bad idea . . . I already have the perfect guy in mind for her," Hikaru uttered with a maddening smile.

"Oh god, why do I have the chills when I see you smile like that?" Gloria suddenly uttered.

"So who is the guy? Do we know him? How can we help?" Lyn asked.

Hikaru stared at her friends again. "Well, all of you sort of know him."

"Who?" Des asked curiously. "Come on, spill out already. You know I hate surprises."

"Well . . . " Hikaru tried to utter.

"Well. . . what? . . . Come on, tell us who the guy is," Nuki said with excitement.

"Muko just met him a few hours ago . . . in a grocery," Hikaru uttered.

"What?" all of Hikaru's friends asked in unison.

"I said that Muko met a guy in a grocery store," Hikaru repeated with irritation.

"Yeah, we heard that part. But what we don't understand is . . . why are you going to let your sister get hooked up with a guy whom she just met in a store. Isn't that too much?" Gloria said as she shook her head in disbelief.

"And besides what's so special about that guy that makes you think that Muko will actually like him?" Des asked.

Hikaru laughed again. "She already likes him. I can easily tell by her eyes after she met him," she answered.

"What's the guy's name?" Nuki asked seriously.

"Park Yoochun," Hikaru answered straight.

"What? Park Yoochun? You're kidding right? If I am not mistaken, he's one of the members of DBSK. So how can that be possible?" Des asked in disbelief.

"It's true. I finally found the perfect guy to match up with Muko. And the good thing is . . . I can definitely say that she is interested in him as well."

"Yoochun . . . Micky . . . hey, he's a superstar. How can we set him up on a date with Muko? Isn't that a little bit too hard?" Gloria asked.

Hikaru suddenly let out a laugh. "Too hard? Are you guys underestimating me? You all know that there isn't a single thing that I have wanted that I didn't get. So if I say that I will get Micky for Muko. Then I will definitely do everything just to get him."

Nuki sighed. They had all forgotten about Hikaru's stubbornness and willful way of dealing with things.

"So what do you plan to do now? Please don't tell me that you're planning to have Micky kidnapped and locked up," Lyn jokingly asked.

"Not a bad idea. But I am thinking of a more civil approach. I think I will be paying Avex Trax a visit tomorrow," Hikaru said with a smile.

"Why? What are you planning? Come on, tell us," Nuki said again.

Hikaru looked at her friends. "Girls, I suddenly decided that my company will be doing a fund raising concert. So I will be asking DBSK to perform . . . what do you think?" she asked with a certain glitter in her eyes.

Lyn, Nuki, Gloria and Des exchanged glances with one another. Hikaru was really a very powerful woman. She was currently the CEO of the largest multi-national shipping company in Japan. Her company was also connected with all the major groups and companies all over the world. So it wasn't really hard for her to do anything she wanted. Aside from that, their father had his own finance company which basically controlled most of the businesses in Japan and all over Asia.

"I think this is going to get ugly," Nuki uttered to Lyn as she shook her head.

Hikaru laughed after hearing her friend's remark. "Don't worry. I am not going to do anything harsh. Just something plain and simple . . ."

"Now that is what we are all afraid of," Lyn said with a light laugh.

"Poor Micky. He won't even have a chance to fight once Hikaru starts with her plans," Gloria whispered to Nuki.

"Let's just keep an eye on Hikaru. Let's make sure that she doesn't do anything that will eventually hurt Muko or Micky," Nuki said to Gloria.

As Hikaru continued to stare at Muko. The only thing that kept repeating in her mind was that she had finally found a way to make Muko stay.

"Des, clear your schedule tomorrow okay? We're going to give DBSK a visit," Hikaru uttered with a devilish smile.