Chapter 16

Borrowed From God (Ongoing)
“Micky, you’re not supposed to be here,” Hikaru uttered as soon as she saw him.

“I’m sorry. But I’ve got to talk to Muko. She went to the apartment. And I think she might have accidentally heard me say something… something…” he suddenly stopped talking. Somehow he couldn’t find the exact words to tell what Muko might have heard him say.

Hikaru smiled bitterly. “Something upsetting?” she continued. “I think she did hear something because right now instead of preparing for the wedding. She’s alone in her room crying. I thought that it was just her normal moody side. But now I understand why she’s like that.”

“Please, I need to talk to her,” Micky begged.

Hikaru gently widened the opening of the door. “She’s in her room on the second floor, left side, near the stairs. The door of her room is neara painting of an angel. You won’t miss it. Her room isn’t locked, so you can easily get in. Just make sure you fix everything. I don’t want to see my sister crying while walking down the aisle.”

“Thank you,” Micky uttered as he hurriedly ran up the stairs.

Micky’s heart was pounding very hard as he stood in front of Muko’s room. Somehow he was afraid to face her. He didn’t know what to say once she asked him about what he had said.

He quickly drew in a deep breath. He knew he needed to talk to her. He needed to clear out a lot of things. He knocked on the door twice before finally opening the door.

He was instantly taken by surprise by what he saw. Muko’s room was ten times larger than his room and everything inside it were obviously very expensive. Somehow this made Micky feel quite ashamed of himself. He suddenly felt like he was taking a princess away from a palace and putting her in a cave.

Micky’s heart sank down as reality again hit him straight in the face. Muko was too different from him. How in the world would someone like him be able to make someone like her happy.

Sadness quickly entered his heart. He then slowly approached Muko, who was lying down on her bed.

“Muko, we need to talk,” he softly uttered.

Startled, she quickly sat up from her bed and stared straight at Micky.

“What are you doing here?” she asked with a low voice, while trying to hide her tears.

“I came here to talk to you,” he answered.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” she quickly uttered.

“Yes, there is… Why aren’t you getting ready? Our wedding will be in just a few hours,” Micky said as he sat down on the side of the bed.

“Why? Why do I need to prepare? Didn’t you just say that… “ she was about to continue when Micky interrupted her.

“Please listen to me,” he said as he looked straight into her eyes. “I am sorry about the things I have said. I didn’t mean to hurt you and I certainly didn’t mean that I don’t want to marry you. I know our situation is kind of strange, but I’m not regretting that I agreed to this set-up… I… I like you, Muko. I agreed to marry you because I like you. I have never felt like this before in my entire life. I want to get married with you… because I don’t want to lose you.Yes, we’ve known each other for only a short time. But I believe that destiny really made sure that we will be ending up in each other’s path. That’s why I don’t want to lose this chance to be with you. I want to take the chance… and I want to see if we’re really meant for each other.”

Muko felt like her heart was overflowing with joy. Micky’s words were enough to take away all the doubts and pain she was feeling.

“Micky, are you sure about this? Are we really doing the right thing? I’m afraid… I am afraid of everything. What if we suddenly realize that we made the wrong decision? One year is such a long time Micky… I don’t want you to suffer for such a long time. I know how hard it is to be in a place that you don’t want to be in. I certainly don’t want you to experience that kind of feeling,” she uttered.

Micky slowly moved closer to her, then he gently took her hand. “You don’t have to be afraid of anything. I will always be by your side. And you don’t have to be worried about me, because I am exactly where I want to be, and that place is here with you. I don’t care where we live or what kind of problems suddenly arise, as long as you’re with me… I am willing to face them all.”

Tears quickly fell from Muko’s eyes. “Micky, thank you… thank you for everything.”

Micky smiled and then took Muko into his arms. He wanted to make her feel that she was safe and that everything was going to be all right.

*****************************

The most anticipated event finally arrived… Micky and Muko’s wedding.

The wedding was set up in the most expensive and most prestigious hotel owned by the Satou family. It was like a dream wedding. Most of the guests were well-known personalities from the business, political and entertainment fields.

Max kept on looking from left to right as guests kept on arriving every minute. He was totally awed with the different persons he was seeing.

“Hyung, did you see that? Hyung, isn’t that Han Ga In? She’s here! I can’t believe it,” he uttered excitedly.

Xiah laughed. “I told you to take a look at the guest list that Hikaru gave Micky. There are other Korean celebrities that are invited as well.”

“Really? This is totally unbelievable. Do you think we can sit next to her?” Max asked with joy.

“Slow down, Max. You might suddenly get a heart attack or something. Maybe you can get the chance to talk to her once the wedding is over,” U-Know uttered with a laugh.

Jaejoong just shook his head and smiled, then he carefully arranged the front part of his suit he was wearing. “I was really worried that I wasn’t going to have the chance to wear this suit. Good thing Micky was able to fix everything. So what do you guys think? Don’t I look handsome in this suit?” he asked while trying to make a joke.

Max laughed. “I’m thinking about Han Ga In. Jaejoong is thinking about his suit. What about you two? What are you guys thinking about?”

Xiah smiled mischievously. “I am thinking about Muko. I am wondering how beautiful she is in a wedding dress. I am sure Micky’s mouth will drop open once he sees her.”

U-Know couldn’t help but laugh after hearing what Xiah said. “While you’re thinking about that…. I am thinking about what happens next after this….” Then he laughed again. “Do you think you can imagine Micky wearing an apron while preparing breakfast for Muko?”

Jaejoong suddenly stopped and stared at U-Know with a shocked expression on his face. “Totally creepy,” he uttered.

“Micky doesn’t even touch the stove. So how can he possibly make breakfast?” Max replied.

“I think I will be ordering take-out foods, if he happens to stay in the kitchen,” Xiah uttered as he lightly shook his head as if to get the image of Micky out of his mind.

Jaejoong, Max and U-Know all nodded.

“Make sure you order enough for all of us,” U-Know uttered jokingly.

The four DBSK boys continued to talk until the wedding finally started.

And as soon as everyone saw Muko, they were all instantly captivated by her beauty.

She was wearing a simple yet very elegant wedding dress that showed her perfect figure and somehow enhanced her beauty.

Micky took in a deep breath after seeing her. Somehow he couldn’t believe that such a beautiful and amazing woman was going to be his wife.

As Muko stepped closer to him, both their hearts were pounding very hard. They were both feeling very nervous and scared… scared of the things they knew they were going to face once everything was over.

Only minutes passed… Micky gently took Muko’s hand. Together they bravely stood in front of the priest.

Muko took a quick glance at Micky. She wanted to reassure herself that she was making the right decision.

Unexpectedly, he also looked at her as well. And for a few precious seconds… their eyes met.

The nervousness and fear in Muko’s heart, quickly disappeared. And her heart finally calmed down after seeing the warm and loving smile on Micky’s face.

“What is this feeling?” she asked herself. “Is this what they call love?” she again asked while staring at Micky.

**********************************************

An hour later….

The wedding went by without any problems. Luckily, no unexpected guests arrived and no disaster happened. Muko’s grandmother didn’t show up which gave Hikaru a great relief.

Micky and Muko were already going around and greeting the guests when someone unexpected finally arrived.

“I think you guys need to look at this. I think trouble is coming,” Max uttered as he pointed the other DBSK boys to look at the approaching figure.

Jaejoong, Xiah and U-Know quickly looked at the direction that Max was pointing to. And they were instantly dismayed with what they saw.

“What is she doing here?” Jaejoong asked irritatedly.

“I do hope she’s not here to cause any problems,” U-Know added.

“But who invited her?” Xiah asked again.

“Whoever it is that invited her, doesn’t matter now. It’s already too late. She’s here now. There’s nothing we can do but hope that she doesn’t make a scene,” U-Know answered.

**********************

Micky felt like his whole world was shaking right under his feet after he saw the person who was slowly approaching him.

Somehow he wanted to run and hide. He didn’t want to meet her again. He thought he had already forgotten everything about her. But it seems… in reality, it was only his mind that had learned how to forget her… but not his heart.

Micky’s heart immediately skipped a beat after seeing her. It was like a certain spark quickly ignited inside his heart the moment she appeared.

Minutes passed…

Micky stood like a frozen statue in front of the woman who he had loved for so many years.

“Hello Micky….” the woman softly uttered.