Chapter 11

Borrowed From God (Ongoing)
Later that evening . . . .

Hikaru just kept on laughing like crazy while her friends just stared at her with mixed expressions on their faces. They were in a private room of a very exclusive bar.

“You’re really one weird sister,” Nuki uttered as she took a sip from the wine glass she was holding.

“I think she will be bursting in a little while. She’s been like that ever since we got here,” Gloria added.

“Should we call for an ambulance or something?” Lyn jokingly asked.

Des laughed out loud. “Just give the girl her moment of happiness. She’s totally amused that her plan actually worked.”

“Hmmm. . . so Hikaru, was it really you who told those reporters about Muko and Micky?” Lyn asked seriously.

Hikaru stopped laughing and then looked at her friend. “Yes,” she replied without any hesitation.

“But . . . but why? Didn’t you even consider Muko’s feelings? You know she wants to enter the convent and be a nun. . . So don’t you think. . . interfering with her plans is just too much?” Lyn asked again.

“She’s my sister and I know what is good for her. And when I say she’s not fit to enter a convent . . . then I will definitely make sure that she can’t get into one,” Hikaru answered with a cold tone in her voice.

Lyn just took a quick gulp of the wine she was drinking. She knew she couldn’t win an argument with Hikaru. She was way too stubborn and too argumentative especially when it comes to topics regarding Mukades.

“So tell me . . . is Muko’s grandmother really a part of your plans?” Des suddenly asked while playing with the empty wine glass.

Hikaru’s expression suddenly changed into a serious one. “Honestly, she wasn’t a part of my plans. I was really worried when she just showed up. But now. . . all I can say is . . . I never thought that old hag can be good for something. I think if she hadn’t showed up, then Micky wouldn’t have agreed to marry Muko. So now . . . I actually have something to thank her for.”

Gloria just shivered. “Oohh.. You’re too scary. Sometimes I keep asking myself how did I end up being your best friend. You’re too ruthless and too evil when dealing with other people, but then . . . you still manage to keep a golden heart when it comes to Muko. You’re really making me confused . . . do you know that?”

Hikaru laughed. “So in short, what you’re trying to say is that I am a devil and an angel all in one, is that it?”

Gloria smiled and then laughed as well. “Yes, exactly.”

The other girls immediately laughed.

“Yes, that would be a perfect description for Hikaru when it comes to Muko. She’s so protective of her . . . Sometimes I am afraid that I might accidentally say something bad about Muko and she will end up fighting with me,” Des uttered.

“Don’t worry. I will never fight with you guys. All of you know how much I love you as well. It’s just that I am quite different when it concerns Muko. She’s my baby sister. And I will make sure that she will end up with a good man, a good home and a happy life. That is what I want for her . . . not a life inside a convent and in total poverty,” Hikaru tried to explain.

“We know. But sometimes . . . your plans are already too much dear. You’re really scaring all of us. It’s like you’re someone new when you have problems with Muko. You just change into an evil character . . . something like that,” Lyn said softly.

Hikaru lowered her head. “Sorry. But I really need to do this. I promised myself that I would arrange everything for Muko. I want the best for her. And this is the only way that I can make sure that she doesn’t end up being a nun.”

“So what now Hikaru? Micky has already agreed to marry Muko. What now? Have you thought about her situation when they finally get married? She will be living with a man she barely knows. Don’t you pity your sister?” Gloria asked seriously.

Hikaru stared at Gloria. “I would be pity her more if she ended up living inside a convent. I would rather see her living with a man she doesn’t know than living in a convent for the rest of her life.”

Gloria just decided to stay quiet. She knew Hikaru was becoming sensitive about the topic regarding Muko.

“Hikaru, Gloria is right. What now? You do have plans regarding her marriage with Micky right?” Des asked seriously.

Hikaru smiled. “Of course, I have plans. But I will need your help to do it.”

Des shook her head and then just covered her face with her two hands. “Uh-oh, I think I smell a big trouble here. Why do you need my help? Don’t tell me you need me to do something illegal again?”

Hikaru suddenly burst out laughing. “Illegal? And when did I ever asked you to do something illegal?”

“Just a few days ago . . . remember. . . you asked me to leak out the news about Micky and Muko being in the hotel suite. Don’t you consider that illegal? And I was even the one who assigned the security guards to be on a break time when those reporters entered the hotel. You really gave me a heart attack with your plans,” Des said with a deep sigh.

Gloria, Lyn and Nuki were all shocked with what they heard. But then they quickly started laughing.

“You know . . . the two of you are really fit for each other. The two of you are really so bad,” Nuki said to Hikaru and Des teasingly.

“Hey, I was just ordered to do that. She’s the one who thought and planned everything,” Des protested.

The other three girls continuously laughed while Des just sighed and Hikaru continued to smile like she had won the most priceless possession.

Meanwhile back in the DBSK boys’ apartment . . . .

“Are you sure of what you’re doing?” U-Know asked Micky straight away as soon as they all entered the living room.

Micky quickly sat down. Somehow he was feeling like his whole body was going to give up. He was feeling nervous, excited, happy and scared all at the same time.

“Frankly I don’t have any choice,” he uttered.

“You did have a choice. . . It’s why you’re in that situation now,” Xiah said as he also sat down beside Micky.

“But you know what? I really admire what you did hyung. We all know that you only agreed to marry Muko because you wanted to save her from her grandmother. You’re really a good man, hyung,” Max said with such high admiration for his friend.

“Everything’s been decided. There’s no backing out now. All we can do now is support Micky and Muko,” Jaejoong suddenly said out loud.

U-Know immediately nodded. “We have already gone through so much together. This is just another of those trials we need to overcome. We have to stay strong and continuously support one another. I know everything will turn out okay as time moves on.”

Max. Xiah and Jaejoong all nodded their heads in agreement.

“We will surely get through this small problem. All of us will always be helping each other . . . and we will always be together,” Max uttered with a sweet smile.

Micky tried to smile. Even though the words of his friends were giving him strength, he still couldn’t brush aside the fear he was feeling.

“What will happen now? I will be marrying Muko in a few days . . . I just wanted to help her, but I guess I chose the wrong way to do it. Now we’re both surely going to suffer,” he suddenly thought. He then closed his eyes. Somehow he wanted to pretend that everything was just a dream. Somehow he wanted to wake up. As he continued to close his eyes, Muko’s beautiful face appeared and then it quickly started to fade away.

“What have I done?” Micky repeated in total regret.