Chapter 8

Married for Benefit

Chapter 8

He drove the car with Yejin who was sleeping beside him on the passenger street. The long drive to Daegu made him spacing out about their future. He was always playing with her and they were far from being serious. The times they spent with a lot of laughter than throwing anger or speaking out their thought about each other. However, the marriage started it over. His feelings were being played by the word of marriage. Sometimes, he wanted to hug her wholeheartedly, while his thought was covered by the statement of she was loving Jung Woosung. He massaged his temple with his free hand out of steer. He often felt the jealousy arising after seeing her being called by Jung Woosung. He wanted to snatch her phone for the reason that 'he is her husband'. But, knowing they were only married for personal reasons stopped him.

Not only that, the marriage started arising his dominance as the head of the family. He was aroused to make Yejin obey his word. Even before they started their marriage, he asked her to get permission from her biological father whom he didn't know where he lives. He looked like forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do. That was their first time to be in a quarrel. That was also the first time he felt hurt after being in a quarrel with her. They often bickered and they didn't feel them as a quarrel. However, the topic of her father got them flaming their anger. That experience started making him take a step back not to involve her business. He didn't want to be away with his beloved one with the quarrel. He wanted to keep her happy not in sorrow.

He didn't all the normal married life as her wish, but, she did other. That was the first time he knew her obeying his request. He felt wrong about that, and it also made his head hurts. He didn't mean that, he didn't want her to be hurt. He took a can of coffee and gulped it in instant remembering his mistake in the early marriage. His mind went far after remembering she was saying her reason to follow him to his exhibition.

-Flashback-

Yejin peeked into his bedroom with her round eyes. She opened the door lightly and found him on the bed, being busy with his netbook on his lap. He focused on the screen and Yejin tiptoed walking to the bed.

"Just walk as you usually did!" He mumbled but his eyes still locked on the screen. Yejin sighed and walked normally to the bed. She took a seat beside him pulling the blanket over her laps and put her head on his shoulder.

"Waaahh... I like this bed..." she said while touching the bed for the first time.

"What do you want to say?" he asked on point. She pouted knowing that he can read her mind.

"Oppa, I want to go to Daegu," She replied and her eyes also locked into the screen netbook which was filled with the plan for HB Signature Exhibition in Daegu.

"You said it already," He mumbled still typing and scrolling to revise the plan.

"I want to meet him," Hyunbin stopped his activity on the netbook in instant. His eyes were trembling after realizing he did a wrong movement. He shouldn't say it for the first time. He knew that she would get hurt remembering her father. However, he just said it before their marriage. Sure, she looked fine outside, but he didn't know her feeling after that.

"Are you sure?" he turned his face to Yejin.

"Uhm...I realized that we should inform him about marriage."

"Why out of nowhere?" he asked once again closing the netbook.

"You said that," she replied fast. Hyunbin sighed roaming his eyes to his bedroom. He bit his lips feeling uneasy. Right, that was because of him after all.

"I didn't mean the words."

"Oppa ... please!" She whined.

"I am not forcing you to meet your father. Don't force yourself! Take it slow until you can readily face him." He closed the netbook fully.

"I am ready, Oppa."

"Yejin-ah ... "

"At least, you are always beside me," she replied looking into his face that turned too close to see his face. Hyunbin pushed her forehead with his finger not to make it too close with him, slowly. Just being in the same bed, he was feeling uncomfortable already, like he always did. Yejin pouted after being pushed away from him.

"We are married already, though," she added sighing her breath.

"So.."

"I believe in you, Oppa!" She said looking at his eyes with sincerity. Hyunbin gulped his throat didn't know how to react. Even what he said might hurt her, but she kept being nice and acted as nothing happened.

"At least, if he throws something on me because I didn't tell him I got married to you, I can hide behind you," she added with a sheepishly smile. Again, she always put her smile even she might get hurt.

"Yah.." her words aroused his anger.

"AHhh...Oppa.." she grabbed his arm swaying it and whining like a kid.

"Alright, then!" he sighed.

"Assa... " Yejin squeaked and pulled his face closer but his palm stopped her before her pouting lips touched his cheek.

"Don't kiss me!" he asked coldly.

"Why?" she whined again.

"Just go to sleep. I am tired." He means the words. Every day with her, every day with her sudden explosive movements almost broke the lock he was keeping for so long on his heart. He knew it would happen but, it was too fast for him.

-Flashback end-

The woman beside him would meet her biological father, but why he didn't want her to meet him. He was the one who insists first, but why he couldn't help if he might be seeing her hurt after the meeting. His jaw tightened and his eyes suddenly burnt. He just felt wrong and he didn't feel right to do the meeting. Unconsciously, his grip tightened and he hit the steer, feeling sorry.

*****((()))*****

"Eoh ... Sunbae-nim, I am in Daegu! Where are you?" she replied to the call right after they reach the villa. Hyunbin who was still sitting on the driver seat turned his face away. He rolled his eyes listening to the caller. It was like the caller's time was much free-er than he thought.

"Ah ... Do you want to meet me?" Yejin replied which made him unbuckled his seatbelt harshly.

"I have free time ...." she added and he sighed disbelief. He opened the car door and left the driver seat harshly. He went to the car trunk and took the items of luggage off. He did all the activities by himself. His mood was dropped after hearing that she was called by Jung Woosung. For the God's sake, they were going away from Seoul and he was still trying Yejin's attention.

"Oppa!" she already shouted beside him. After losing his mood, he didn't have the energy left to reply.

"Oppa ... I will help you!" she still smiled happily didn't know what is happening to the man beside her. She pulled her luggage by herself with effort. She tried to lift it and Hyunbin snatched her luggage and brought them in once. He dragged the items of luggage with his two hands to the villa.

"Oppa ..." she kept whining beside him. Hyunbin stopped his walk after reaching the villa.

"Meet Jung Woosung. I will prepare for my exhibition. Don't disturb me!" he sighed and replied to her lazily.

"We will meet on the 2nd Day of Exhibition, though. Liar! You said that your Exhibition is well- handled by your team." she replied while Hyunbin dragged his luggages to his bedroom.

"Oppa..., Let's go for groceries! We will stay here for four days we should buy some things for us." she grabbed his arm tight.

"I want to take a rest," he mumbled.

"Oppa, why are you suddenly being harsh?" she added and he stopped his way. He took a deep sigh before looking at her.

"Alright, you must be tired from driving. Let's take a rest for hours before we're going to do groceries," she said lessening her grab knowing he was in a bad mood and she couldn't say more. She walked to her luggages want to drag it by herself to her bedroom.

"Give me hours to rest and we will go for groceries and to your house," he said after grabbing her arm.

*****((()))*****

Choi Junyoung took a seat beside Jung Woosung in the wrap-up party of the mini-series. The mini-series got huge love from viewers, especially for Woosung. The plot of the story had gotten viewers heartbroken. As his partner, Junyoung also got the viewer's attention, but not as much as him.

"Cheers ..." the director hold up a glass of beer high and followed by people around him included the main stars Jung Woosung and Choi Junyoung

"Cheers ..." the crowd filled the room happily. The crowd started seating again and do some small talks.

"Yah, Woosung- ah. You are amazing as usual," the director said after cheering.

"Don't be too much! It is the only one I can do good," he replied being humble.

"Yahhh... this perfect man," he praised Woosung again.

"How about your movie with Son Yejin? I bet it would be another success for you," he added made Choi Junyoung's grip on her glass tighter.

"Ah, I don't talk about this yet. Because I would be going to Daegu, so did Yejin," Junyoung stared at him being puzzled. 'Is he going to HB Signature's Exhibition?' she thought while eavesdropping on the conversation.

"You, don't you say that?" the director .

"No, I won't. She went to Daegu with her husband to see HB Signature's Exhibition," he said with a somewhat sad view on his sight. Junyoung who saw that narrowing her eyes trying to get something about that facial expression.

"I thought you would express your feelings to her," the director shrugged his arm to him. Junyoung gulped her beers slowly not to show her face too much. Junyoung's eyes still taking a glance at Woosung he seemed being burdened after hearing that question.

"What do you mean? She is already married." Woosung gulped his beers again.

'It is interesting...' she thought.

*****((()))*****

Yejin walked through the snack shelves and taking the snacks, milk, cereal she needed and put it into the cart while Hyunbin obediently pushing the cart. They roamed the supermarket and when they stopped at the fruit's shelves, Yejin put a lot of peaches and put it into the cart.

"Yah... That is too much.." he said after trying to lessening his anger as he doesn't want to rise into an awkward situation between them. They kept his sudden anger cool as he was tired after driving. After that, they decided to go to her house in Daegu to meet her father after buying groceries.

"No... it is enough since not I am the ONLY ONE who eats this." She emphasized the words slowly in purpose. He sighed and closed his mouth again. Yejin then went into the testing stall in front of the meat corridor. The old woman diligently grilled the meat waving them to get closer.

"Aigooo... Son Yejin-ssi! Come here!" the old woman invited them happily.

"Grandmother... Can I taste this?" Yejin picked the small-cut grilled meat and put it into . She chewed the meat happily showing her crescent smile to the old woman.

"You are pretty, Son Yejin-ssi. Just eat it again!" she asked her to eat more and she picked the grilled meat again.

"It is tasty, Grandmother."

"Aigoo. Is he your husband? I heard that you are already married." The old woman looked into Hyunbin and he put an awkward smile on her.

"You're a lucky handsome man. Eat this too!" The grandmother picked a toothpick and small-cut grilled meat for him. But, Yejin's hand took it first.

"I am sorry, grandmother. I will be jealous if someone feeding my hubby.." she teased the grandmother and feed the meat into Hyunbin's mouth. He opened his mouth obediently and looking at her in disbelief. This was not even her first time doing strange but still, he couldn't aware of all of her surprising actions that flutter his heart.

"I will take two boxes of premium beef. Grandmother." Yejin shouted in happiness that widened Hyunbin's eyes.

*****((()))*****

Yejin suddenly became silent after groceries. She looked to the old house which was darker under the dark sky from the car. Hyunbin took a look at the boxes of beef behind and looked at her, feeling sorry.

"Should we go?" he asked to the muted Yejin.

"No, Oppa ..." she replied grabbing her hands uneasily. She looked trembling even from the darkness. He grabbed her trembling hands, softly.

"I said, you can do that if you're ready to face him."

"Oppa ..., let me take a look at the house first," she asked him holding her tears that were ready to fall anytime.

------

She walked to the house full of dust and spiderweb slowly. She took a look inside the house which seemed left by the owners for so long. Hyunbin followed her from behind doesn't want something bad to happen to her while his hand snatched the spider web. She suddenly found a broken photo frame. She took the photo carefully. Finally, she saw his new face again after decades. That was the first time he saw the photo other than she had in her purse. She was being emotional that her tears started streaming on her face slowly. She covered being speechless. That was when she was five when her pregnant stepmother leaving her to the orphanage. She said that her father wanted her to be adopted by someone. Her father's economy was just enough for two and she also pregnant which cost much. Being a child who didn't know to reply just crying loudly after she was left in front of the orphanage in Seoul.

She cried hard remembering the memory she wanted to erase. She sobbed hard after feeling a sudden weight in her heart. She almost lost her breath from crying and grabbed her chest tightly remembering the past. Hyunbin who was standing behind her hugged her petite body tightly.

"That is fine ..." he said softly and she turned her body facing him. She cried loudly on his hug, redeeming her crying sound hard. He gulped his throat hard. 'See that was because of him, if he didn't initiate it first, it wouldn't happen!' he thought. The scream on his chest also made him hurt. He couldn't help tears escaped from his eyes and patted her hair slowly.

"I miss him ..." she was shaking on his tight hug.

"Just let it out, I am here..." he said reassuring her.

*****((()))*****

Hwang reporter took pictures before the crowd started coming. He took each pottery which was being shown in the exhibition. He looked around with a smile tugged on his face. The artworks always lightened his mood up. He worked early with the team that prepared for the exhibition. His camera didn't stop taking pictures until he caught someone who he knew so well. He went to him with a slight smile didn't know he would be there for an exhibition.

"Oh, Hi, Kim reporter? Why are you here?" Hwang reporter asked him brightly but he didn't look interested in Hwang Yijeong.

"Is there someone you want to meet?" he asked again.

" I am sorry ..." Kim reporter replied before leaving.

"Don't do a mistake here!" Hwang reporter warned him with sarcasm that made him stopped his way.

"You know that HB Signature's owner is a mysterious one. So, please behave here!" he added with an indescribable tone. Kim reporter turned his face behind to look at Hwang Reporter's face.

"Anyway, Enjoy the exhibition!" Hwang replied to his confused look with a super bright smile.

*****((()))*****

The exhibition started and the crowd started admiring the potteries one by one. Far from the crowd, there was a small hidden room with a couple in it.

"Thank you for coming, and I hope you can enjoy the artworks I made this season," Hyunbin talked to the microphone with a voice changer. Yejin who was just dropping her jaw in awe, clapping her hands.

"Whoaa ... Oppa! You have put efforts to make you well-hidden!" she said coming to the microphone he just used. She admired the inch of the microphone and looked like she was living in a remote area before.

"Can I try it?" she said excitedly. "HELLO EVERYONE, ENJOY THE HB SIGNATURE EXHIBITION FOR FIVE DAYS AHEAD, CALL YOUR NEIGHBORS, COUSINS, NEPHEW & NIECE, BEST FRIENDS AND CLOSED FRIENDS TO COME HERE. LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING HB SIGNATURE ALL THESE TIMES! For your information, I am not an HBSignature owner but, I am the number one fan of the owner! Don't be mistaken!" Hyunbin turned the microphone as fast as possible.

"Yah!!" Hyunbin then took a look at the screen monitor and the crowd started giggling at what just happened. He sighed in disbelief looking at the innocent eyes who were looking at him.

"The voice changed mine, though! You still need promotion and I am here to help you," she said with a cringed smile also looking at the crowd feeling satisfied.

"Yah, you... Huuh..." he couldn't do anything other than sighing deeply. Yejin pouted looking at him full of meaning.

"Oppa, I am being thankful, I want to make HB Signature famous and can give me much money ..." she smiled in happiness while he was frowning his brows.

"You don't need to act as my real wife though," he put his forehead on his palm.

"At least, for times I am being your wife. So, I can live in leisure much more..." she whispered to his ear.

Suddenly, the door opened and they turned their faces to the person who opened the door. The woman with her red maroon dress was coming to them with a smirk. She looked like knowing the hidden place well.

"Still being mysterious, Bin-ssi!" she said. Naturally, Hyunbin put his body covering Yejin who was confused with the situation.

"Choi Junyoung- ssi, How are you?" Yejin looked at Junyoung and Hyunbin one by one. She knew it was an unusual stare at them. Yejin knew she rushed the marriage and it would affect Hyunbin and her for sure. She sighed and knew she should leave the two into a deep conversation.

"Oh... I think you two have something to talk about after the marriage, I will leave you two together," she said while peeking from Hyunbin broad shoulder behind. Yejin left them feeling wrong, she looked like snatching Choi Junyoung's boyfriend.

"What are you doing?" Hyunbin asked her seriously.

"I think she is the type who already know that she played wrong herself."

"She is not wrong, we were over for long before the marriage."

"The marriage that you think you can protect her better? You know that I am not that stupid."

"You betrayed me. You put her first scandal even when I was still yours," he sighed in disbelief.

"Do you think I did it without reason?" she smirked.

"What do you mean?"

"I think I felt familiar with the orphanage that the kids in the news were in. How can I? Ahhh ... I saw you two were going to the orphanage together," she mocked him with a giggle. He was taken aback by her reason. He sighed after knowing the scandal started from him.

"I won't be fooled by you, again. I will protect her at all cost," he sighed and walked ignoring her presence. He wouldn't hide anymore for nonsense and keep his beloved one as it is.

"Protect her at all cost, and I would do what I want," she said with a slight smile. Hyunbin stopped his way.

"Oh...wait a minute. Happy Birthday, Bin-ssi!" she whispered when she realized he stopped beside her. Hyunbin shook his head in disbelief and left her in the room.

–to be continued-

Author’s note:

Thank you so much for reading and supporting through votes and comments.

It made my days. I uploaded the new chapter today because of special day (BINJIN Update) and I don’t know I could make an update on Friday.

Hope this update will satisfy you all ^^

Love you ^^

Sincerely, Byeol-nim