Chapter 11

Married for Benefit

Chapter 11

The girls were screaming loud from their classes' windows, looking at the football players in the field passing the ball one to the other. They didn't look for the match of the blue team and red team but, a player caught their attention. With the sweat all over his face and wetting his blue shirt and the way he communicates with other players that swaying the girls in their teenth. The screams reached it the loudest when the guy finally made a score.

"Hyunbin Oppa... Hyunbin Oppa..." the girls screamed from the top of their lungs seeing the match ended with the score on the blue team side. Not only for the girl in the same grade as Hyunbin but the two grades below him also shamelessly showing their affection to their senior in Daehan Senior High School.

The screams went louder while the players in the field clapped their hands together and showing that the spare was over fairly.

"Hyunbin Oppa ... Hyunbin Oppa ..." the girls kept repeating the name while the one who was being called turned his face to the crowd awkwardly and nodding his head with a slight smile after got whispers from his friend in the field. The simple gesture automatically made the screams even louder.

"TRINGG .... TRIIING ...TRIIINGG"

The school bell rang didn't end their commotion and the boy in the class were covering their ears with their palms.  The girls kept screaming until a teacher came and hitting the whiteboard with a stick.

"Sit down, Please!" The teacher loud voice turned the girl's focus and they were back to their desks hurriedly and ready to face the lesson.

------

Young Hyunbin who always comes out with a bag full of chocolates or gifts from whoever girls he didn't even know, walked toward the bus stop in front of the school. He put on a slight smile and reached for the new student in the first grade in his school who was sitting at the bus stop waiting for someone.

"Waiting for Woosik?" he asked as he sat beside her with a wide smile.

"Euhmm..." she answered nodding her head, not looking at Hyunbin's face.

"Have you called him?" he asked again.

"Euhmm... I don't bring my phone today," she answered again as her legs fidgeting with each other.

"Should I call him?" he genuinely asked and got her nod.

"Ah... Sorry can you please keep it for me for a while?" he asked the girl beside him to keep his bag full of chocolate and gifts steady. The girl nodded and got a big smile from him. "Thank you!" he added and taking his phone to call Woosik.

He started the conversation light and he told where Yejin was. He told Woosik every single detail of their meeting at the bus stop until not long after he called Woosik, he was readily throwing with some arguments and curses. He was standing up and went back and forth scratching his chin. Sometimes the conversation made him exhaled his breath disbelief and covered his forehead feeling something planned by him. After a few minutes of debate, he hangs up the phone and carefully took a seat beside the girl who keeps watching him from the very start.

"Euhm...Yejin-ah, Woosik said that he is already home. He forgot that you're waiting for him." he said gingerly clearing his throat.

"Ah... yes ..." she sighed and looked into the ground, tightening her grab on her ransel. She was on verge of tears and ready to take whatever transportation that passed in front of her. Even after all this time she was used to doing anything by herself, though. 'Why is she being like a crybaby after being adopted to Son's family?'. She gulped her tears back and tried to look forward.

Looking at a helpless gesture of a girl, he looked for something on the bag full of chocolate and gifts. He d something that caught his eyes.

"Don't worry I will go home with you! He might not get used to you these times. Since he is always alone. I bet he just got beaten by your parents now." he said reassuring young Yejin. "Do you want a chocolate?" he offered the chocolate from his bag.

Yejin looked at him slowly and blinked her eyes. He looked cold when Woosik first introducing him to her. But, this side was the new one. Her new brother's close friend actually would be her close friend too.

"Yes..., Thank you!"  she took the chocolate carefully and folding her lips inside while tugging her corner lips into a smile.

"Don't worry! If he leaves you times ahead, just call me! You know my name, right?" he asked again.

"Hyunbin-Oppa ..." she mumbled.

"Oh..." He froze after listening to a soft voice of her. His eyes strayed at her face in a daze while he scratched his nape blushing hard and ended up diverting his focus from her.

"Oppa... you have fans..." she suddenly said.

"What?" He twitched his brows.

"Look at them!" she pointed her index finger to the main gate of his school that was crowded by a group of girls looking at them.

"Is it fine if I take your chocolate from them? They look pissed off" she put the chocolate into his bag carefully, but his hand stopped her.

"No, it is okay. It is mine already, anyway."

"No, it is not like..."

"Look, there also boys are looking at you!" he pointed his index finger to some of the boys in the main gate looking at the new appearance of their school. "You also have fans, newcomer." he .

Yejin looked at him with her questionable look and ended up bursting their laugh together. They ignored a pair of eyes looking at them furiously and they were in their world just in a minute.

"Let's go home! Or else we will get killed by them." He grabbed her hand and his bags at once.

"Let's go, Oppa!" she followed him and they walked away from the bus stop. Not far from the bus stop, they suddenly ran after they passed some of their fans in their way.

*****((()))*****

Yejin was sitting in front of the mirror while having her hair and make-up done in her waiting room. Her filming started getting busier and she often slept in her apartment than Hyunbin's house. Running from him wasn't her reason, but it was indeed true when she felt unseen tension aroused between them. Her head hurt thinking about it. Even after she was trying as natural as it was, but still they were different from their past. 

"My apartment is closer to the filming site than your home." The reasonable reason she talked to him when he was holding her back. Remembering the scene, she grabbed the americano in front of her and gulped it slowly. Sometimes, the drink she didn't like gave reassurance to her by its bitterness.

Her phone rang and there was a message from him. It would feel normal back then but, it felt so long after the confession and also the separation. Hyunbin with his works also her who started the filming that would take a long time to be in the same place again. His words were indeed a true one. They need time to develop their feeling as lovers than friends. But now, she was here being away from him. The time they talked was like an impossible task one. She sighed as she bit her lower lip. She opened the message and it was written a message from him.

"I have my free time today. Let me go to your apartment and cook for you. I miss you."

The simple words he talked about after a confession felt much burden for her. She lost her bright's side as she looked at his serious sight. It felt more awkward. He seemed hard to reach when he showed it. She knew it took time to get used to his trials but, the works itself helped them to be away from each other soon after the confession.

"Okay, Oppa," she replied sighing deeply and put her phone on the desk.

"Yejin-ah ..." a man voice came to her room and she peeked to the door.

"Yes, Woosung- Sunbae. Is it the time already?" she asked putting her americano to the desk.

"No, there is a package for you," he pulled out a chocolate box and went inside her room. The hairstylist and makeup artist who already finished their works left their position and took a rest for a while outside. Woosung and Yejin were left inside after they left.

"Thank you, Sunbae-nim.." she replied as she received the box.

"But, don't you feel strange? It is only your name being written on this without an address or anything." he scratched his not-so-itchy hair. Yejin raised her brow and flipped the box to find the sender's information, but there was nothing.

"Son Yejin-ssi and Jung Woosung-ssi..." a crew called their name behind the door.

"Yes, we will go there..." they replied as Yejin collecting the box beside her clutch.

*****((()))*****

The dim light inside the club and people were dancing on the floor behind their backs. Choi Junyoung was sitting swiping at a tab while the man beside her was having a cocktail. Sometimes, she raised her brow and furrowing her forehead.

"How did you get it?" she asked the one beside her.

"I don't know. Someone sent me that video this morning."

"You came this far for this? Did you do this to threaten me?" She sighed in disbelief.

"As you see, I came this far for you and I am the one who keeps your scandals this far," Kim reporter sipped his cocktail once again.

"How much do you need?" She put the tab down and folded her hands in her chest.

"I don't need money this time." He put his tab back in his workbag.

"So?"

"Help me!" His eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of a man came closer to them. Kim reporter smirked while turning his head to Junyoung. "Call me if you've made up your mind! I won't disturb you today with your lover." He woke up leaving Choi Junyoung while the man who passed him looked at him with a questionable look.

"Who is he, baby? Why does he look so familiar?" He sat beside her and she s her hand on his neck.

"Someone you shouldn't know..." she replied and grabbed his face closer to her.

*****((()))*****

Hyunbin was sitting in the chair in the kitchen looking at his mother preparing some food. He ate the chips and munching like a child.

"Yah... Did you do that when Yejin is around? So childish!" His mother mumbled while closing the meal boxes carefully.

" Is that for a feast? You never do that for me." He smirked teasing his mother. His mother always showed the world she was loving Yejin more than her child.

"I am preparing for my daughter-in-law. Is it a crime? You rascal!" She attacked him again and preparing a thermos for soup.

"Not really..." he mumbled keep munching the chips.

"I am preparing this food in case she is pregnant. You don't know that she is pregnant or not, because she has a slim body and she might not realize she is pregnant since she is a hard worker." She talked with a smile on her face.

"She isn't pregnant."

"Yah.. you don't know because you're away since she started the filming. You didn't know that she might feel that nausea and she keep it by herself. Aigoo.... that's why a wedded couple shouldn't do a long-distance relationship. How pity my Yejin is!" She said while closing the thermos and packed the last one.

"She wouldn't. I swear!" He replied and munched his chips with a dazed look, ignoring what will be happened next.

"What do you mean?" His mother looked at him cautiously. "You still don't touch her???" Her voice tone raised.

" I....I mean..." he stuttered and closed the chips jar and put it back to the table fast.

"Yah..."

"Eomma..." he begged with his faintly smile.

"Yah.. how can a husband didn't touch his wife??? What are you doing this time?" She stomped her feet and reached for the nearest broom. She came to him swinging the broom on him and he covered his face with his hands.

"She couldn't get pregnant for her movie. So, I couldn't..." He screamed before the broom touched his face.

"You didn't make up a reason, right?" His mother replied and putting down the broom.

"I don't..." he put his hands cautiously in case his mother still had an urge to hit him with the broom.

"But you did, right?" She intimidated him while her hands on her waist. 'What the hell she is asking? It is a private thing and everyone couldn't talk about it freely like it is an opera' he could only think on his mind.

"Woosik gave me a protector, though..." he replied with his tone that was being lowered in every word he said.

"Oh... Thank God!" She was back in the kitchen and cleaning the leftover. Hyunbin gulped his throat while looking at his mother like a scaredy-cat. At least he didn't lie, Woosik did give him a protector even he used it or not. At least his mother ends the conversation up to that, and he can exhale his breath in relief with his trembled eyes.

*****((()))*****

Yejin and Woosung shot the scene perfectly and got big claps from the crew. They bowed and kept repeating the words "Thank you for the good work!" to crews. Yejin walked to her waiting room and followed by Jung Woosung. After she reached the front of her waiting room, she realized Jung Woosung behind her.

"Sunbae..."

"Eoh...Yejin-ah!"

"How did you get the package?" She asked curiously.

"I found the package on the floor in front of your waiting room." He shrugged his shoulders also questioned the sender of the package.

"Ah...alright! Thank you, Sunbae..." she was ready to come inside her waiting room also Woosung who went to his waiting room that was placed beside hers. His manager welcomed him with a warm coffee and he went straight to his chair.

"Is there any problem?" Woosung asked him, who unusually acted too much on serving him.

"Daepyo-nim... want to meet you..." He said cautiously. Woosung who was used to his behavior raised his brow and signed a hairstylist and makeup artist to leave the waiting room. His manager ran toward the door and closed it in case someone would hear their conversation and back to Woosung's side in a second.

"He wants you to confirm something.."

"What do you mean by confirming something?" Woosung sipped his coffee slowly.

"He wants you to confirm a date with Choi Junyoung.."

"WHATT??" His eyes widened and put his coffee angrily.

"YEJIN-SSI......" suddenly a scream was coming from Yejin's waiting room. Without any further do, Woosung ran hurriedly toward her room.

He found Yejin's body shaking after she opens the package that was shattered in front of her. She fell on the ground with the crew who started gathering around her. The package shattered on the ground with papers that were written by someone using blood. Woosung came forward and looking for her who pulled out her hair and almost bursting tears.

"Are you okay?" he mumbled softly beside her while his hand was on her back to calm her. He tried to read papers in front of her gingerly.

"YOUR FATHER KILLED MY MOM...."

"YOUR FATHER KILLED MY FUTURE..."

"YOUR FATHER DESERVES DEATH..."

The papers were sent followed by a dead bird inside. Yejin started biting her fingernails remembering her childhood again.

"Noo... my father wouldn't do that....No...he would never do that...." she kept repeating the words with her tears. The crews snatched the package hurriedly while Woosung started hugging Yejin's shaking body.

"That's fine..." he her shoulder lightly.

*****((()))*****

Hyunbin was standing in front of her apartment with his hand carrying a bag full of meals from his mother and drinks he bought from the nearest market. He d his pocket and pulled out his phone. He called Yejin in an instant and waiting for her to pick up. The first attempt was failed and up to the third attempt, she finally picked up the call.

"Yejin- ah ... I am in front of your apartment. Are you home already?"

"No, Oppa. You can come inside first. I will send you the passcode." she replied weakly.

"Yejin-ah. Are you okay? Do you have a problem?"

"No, Oppa. I am just..... tired. Will be back home soon!" she added but with a better tone.

"Yah, Yejin-ah. Should I pick you up?" he asked her worriedly with his furrowed brows.

"No, Oppa. I am on the way back with Woosung Sunbae," she replied.

"What???" he gritted his teeth hearing her reply and his grip tightened.

"Please, Oppa! Woosung Sunbae helps me today and we are on the same way," she explained knowing that his voice changed louder.

"Alright... I will wait for you inside." He ended the call. He exhaled his breath deeply. "What??? She is with Woosung?" He bit his lower lip impatient and took a can of soda after feeling the sudden thirst in his throat.

"Clink"

A message came and Yejin answered for the passcode.

"My passcode is my birthday, Oppa," she replied without emoticon or anything she always used to mock him. He sighed knowing that something wrong might happened. Since they separated, Yejin was different and he didn't know what is happening. After getting used to her presence in his house, he felt empty after she left. But, it wasn't his goal to let her go to her apartment, he should try to get her heart as he said. He couldn't let time passed without he was doing something. He should do anything he can.

He put on his phone and he clicked the passcode. As the hotness grew inside him, he shook the can on his right hand after successfully opened the door.

"Don't worry! You still have more time before the movie is released. That is why you are here today." He calmed himself while shaking the can with his pouting lips. Woosung's name burnt his heart but he should ignore the fact and keep on his mind. "I am her husband, not Jung Woosung."

The shoes were already pulled out from his feet and he went straight to the kitchen still shaking his soda. Right after he reached her kitchen which wasn't too far from the main door, he put the bag full of meal from his mother and sat on the chair. He slammed the can and opened it to wet his sudden dried throat from the hotness that suddenly appeared after he called Yejin.

'ZRASSSHHHHHH' 

The soda exploded after he opened it and it was a mess. His clothes, table, and everything beside him were dirted by the soda.

"WHAT THE HECK? I AM TAKING A COFF.....??? WHATT?? SODA??" He screamed after reading the written words in the can.

"OH ! I am not bringing my clothes here." He sighed.

-----

Hyunbin went to the closest bathroom he could reach. His face was looking for something he could wear to change his dirty clothing. He opened the drawer one by one and pulling out a towel he first saw. His hand dapped the dirt on his face with the towel and opened another drawer.  Suddenly, he found a red maroon robe that might be Yejin's which hanged inside.

"I think it is much better than I wear her clothe." He closed the drawer and went straight to get a shower.

-----

He whistled while cleaning the mess after getting a refreshed shower. He mopped every inch of the floor and made sure the dirt was well- cleaned like the first he came. After he made sure the floor and table were clean, he warmed the food his mother packed and prepared on plates.

'Click, Click, Click"

A smile was shown on his face and he went straight to the main door to welcome his wife. The door was opened and there he saw his wife and a man he hated behind her.

"Oppa ..." Yejin held her laugh seeing at him. Jung Woosung also stood behind her forcing his lips to shut even he wanted to burst a hard laugh. Seeing what they were laughing for, Hyunbin watched himself from his shoulder to toe. The red maroon robe wrapped his body tight from shoulder to his knee. And the point was the robe made his muscles wanted to explode inside and his wet hair made him looked pathetic. He bit his lower lip didn't know that man would also come to see this kind of look. For Yejin he would be fine but, he wouldn't show it in front of the man who looked so fine with his casual white t-shirt and blue denim jeans.

 

Without any objection, when these two different looks were shown to the public, people would leave the red maroon robe man within seconds. 'No, he wouldn't show his pathetic side to him. He won't lose to him. Since he is the husband here!' Hyunbin calmed himself on his thought.

"Oh. Hi, why are you laughing, Honey? I am missing you so much so I want to feel your presence through this robe. You know I miss you when you're wearing the robe." He winked which made Yejin wanted to burst her laugh. She looked at the two men one by one and it could be seen that the rivalry between them, even in this situation Hyunbin would look like a squid beside Jung Woosung.

"Oh, Oppa. Did you cook something?" she said after smelling something good inside. He looked at the dining room.

"Definitely, I cooked for you my baby." he smiled while combing his wet hair behind trying to look cool.

"Yejin-ssi, that is enough for today. I will go home." Jung Woosung asked for permission.

"Sunbae-nim, didn't you say that you will do a practice with me? And for treating a meal, can I do that here, since my husband is here. I scare that it would make a scandal if it is just the two of us," she grabbed Woosung's hand.

"Oh.... I remember. Okay, then..." he replied and looked at the eyes which full of jealousy inside.

"Oppa, Is it fine if I ......" she asked for Hyunbin's permission but he cut it in once.

"It is fine, honey. Let's eat the special dishes that I made for you!" Hyunbin replied and looked at the actor behind Yejin with his raised brow.

 

-to be continued-

 

Authors note:

Hi my beloved reader ^^

Here is an update from me.

Thank you for giving a tap on the star, comments, and direct messages that support me much ^^

It lightened my days ^^

Enjoy the story and meet me again next chapter ^^

And for the last, kindly check my other stories The Binding Angel, Through Their Lenses, and The Luckiest ^^

Sincerely, Byeol-nim