Chapter 1

Married for Benefit

Chapter 1

Son Yejin was sitting on the couch, massaging her temple with her hand and the other was put on the edge of the couch. The news on the television kept repeating about her and Jung Woosung, the veteran Korean actor after their first movie together got massive worldwide attention. The movie was sad and heartbreaking enough and well portrayed by them. Their chemistry attracted the viewers that made them rooting for them to be together in the real life. The worst was they got caught by DeSpeech, the most trusted media which easily unwrapped the most wrapped things by artists. They spotted together in a dinner that speculated them being in a relationship that covered every and media for days in Korea and it was their humble personality made them getting closer easily and it was something that shouldn't be that weird for them to go together. Since Jung Wosung was the most senior than her, and for the sake of politeness as the junior, Son Yejin went with him.

And for God's sake, they were with their manager together, but DeSpeech took good timing on snapping their picture together. Meanwhile, Yejin's manager was going to the toilet and the other was busy getting a menu done.

The rumor just made everything that was well planned, fall apart. Especially, the sequel of their latest movie Moment. They wanted to make another movie, but it seemed they should hold it for a while, waiting for the rumors started calming down. As for the information, scandals were taboo in Korea.

"Huh..." she sighed. Park manager who was watching the news about them suddenly turned the television off. The CEO of DNTeam, Yoon Daepyo-nim (CEO) who was sitting on his chair clasped his hands together above his worktable, thinking about the rumors which actually would bring a negative effect for Yejins career.

"Why? Does your head hurt about the news? Should I hold a press conference and deny it?" Yoon Daepyo started the conversation, right after the television was turned off. He was very caring to Yejin since he got her loyalty to the agency. Since she was the most impressive actress in South Korea and bring fame to his agency.

"No... just let them be.." she sighed shaking her head. She knew it was just wasting time to clarify that shouldn't be.

"Yah why Yejin- ah? You should do something to clear your name and being away from scandals. Your offers are all canceled the contracts already." Park manager who was right in front of her, got a death glare from her. He cleared his throat when suddenly he gets sudden goosebumps.

" AAhh.. even that happened." Park manager changed his words and turned his head to Yoon Daepyo. "ehmm., Yejin is someone who wouldn't do something like that. Since, she never cares if it wasn't a true one, Right? Yejin-ah!" Park Manager smiled sheepishly at her, making an 'I did the right thing, right?' look.

"So, why do you seem like in a deep thought right now?" Yoon Daepyo asked her, again.

"My parents asked me to get married soon, this morning." she sighed shaking her head.

"WHAT???" The two men shouted in unison.

-----Flashback-----

Yejin yawned loudly on her bed after getting a good sleep in her parent's house. After the rumor of her and Jung Woosung was bursting, she decided to sleep in her parent's house than her apartment. Since there would be tons of reporters in the lobby. She scratched her head and took a gulp of drink on her bedside table and woke up from the place which had the biggest gravity effect in the morning. She walked out of her bedroom lazily.

"Yah, Yejin-ah come here!" her father voice opened her eyes which were shut tight to open it widely right after opening the door. She saw familiar faces in the early morning. She squeezed her eyes hard and take a look at a clock on her bedroom wall and it was still at 09.00. 'What the heck is happening in the early morning?'. She turned her face to the living room and seeing Kim's family and Son's family were gathered completely include her new sister in law that was just married to her big brother 3 months ago, minus her.

"What had happened this early morning?" she walked lazily and took a seat beside Hyunbin who was also as lazy as her.

She knew that he was knocked out last night and her brother helped him to reach his parent's house which was located right beside her parent's house. Not only her brother, but she also helped him to go to his bed when his brother was being called with his wife on the phone. She should work hard to drag him inside his bedroom with his beast body. Just thinking about last night, her body started aching. Dragging a beasts body was no joke. He still looked sober and his eyes were as sleepy as hers.

"Yejin-ah, Hyunbin-ah, I think you two should get married together." Kim Jeonghyun, Hyunbin's Dad opened the conversation right after her touched the couch. Their eyes, Hyunbin's and Yejin's widened up like they weren't that sleepy again. They looked at each other and burst their laugh together.

"It is a joke, Dad / Uncle." they waved their hands in unison to Kim Jeonghyun make painful smiles.

"No, we are serious." Kim Jeonghyun and Son Jaehoon, Yejin's Dad added with a serious face in short, precise, and undebated words. Seems like, they shouldn't debate that undebated words. They gulped their saliva together hearing the shocking news, even before they got their consciousness together in the early morning.

"Why out of nowhere?" Yejin replied with her hands covering her face, remembering her problem that just added in the early morning.

"Yah, Hyunbin-ah. Just marry Yejin, since you passed the age for a proper marriage! Just marry her! I give my blessing to you. And we can decide the winner between us who can give our parents a grandchild first!" Son Woosik, Hyunbin's best-friend also Yejin's big brother giggled which made the two of them glared at him.

"LOOK.!! YOU TWO LOOK GOOD TOGETHER!" Son Woosik laughed hard pointing his finger to them who did everything in unison like they were practicing for a long time together.

"YAH" the two of them shouted at Son Woosik, ready to throw their punch on him.

-----End of Flashback-----

Yoon Daepyo snapped his fingers in awe. He clapped his hands in pleasure.

"BRAVO...Yejin-ah!" He said.

"What is bravo?" she still massaged her temple feeling dizzy with news and also sudden arranged marriage by her parents.

"You can deny the rumor about you and Jung Woosung in a second without you are the one who denied it, and also it can put the attention back to you again."

"It looks like I am a player, though!" she glared at Yoon- Daepyo.

"No...no..no... Yejin-ah!" he waved his finger. "You said that he is your neighbor playmate."

"You can just say that you are in a long relationship with him since you were young. So, you can ask media to calm down the rumor to protect your soon to be husband's heart!" Park manager added snapping his finger with his big smile facing Yoon Daepyo. They winked at each other satisfied with their matching idea. Their experiences in Entertainment made them got an idea fast to debunking the rumor in a slight dramatic's way.

"PERFECT!" they shouted together.

"That sounds good! But, asking his agreement is the most difficult thing to do.." she sighed knowing well Hyunbin's coldness and behavior since they were growing up together with her brother, for almost two decades.

*****((()))*****

She wore her jacket, hat, and black sunglasses tiptoeing to a clay class which was taught by Hyunbin. The students were mostly women and men in their twenty to forty who were searching a peace in their minds. They listened to Hyunbins in awe while their hands keep kneading the clay in front of them. His eyes were always peeking on her since he knew she was waiting for him from outside, but he stayed calm, being professional.

The class finally reached it ends and Hyunbin ended the class as usual and the women walked out from the class one by one. She hid not too much showing her face against the opened door.

"What are you doing?" She felt a poke on her shoulder.

"You shocked me, Oppa!" Yejin sighed in relief seeing the one who pokes her was Hyunbin. His eyes narrowed knowing something weird would be happened, especially for a dramatic's mind like her.

"I will buy you a coffee, Oppa!" she smiled sheepishly grabbing his arm casually. He closed the door and locked it tight and put the key in his pocket.

"I won't.." he replied lazily, knowing her intention in a minute.

"Come on.. or you want a popcorn in the cinema?" he glared at her. She knew his flaws and she liked to play with his flaws. Knowing he would be angry with that, she prepared a thing to compensate for her nosiness. Not Yejin who was scared with those glaring eyes, In the other, she replied with her crescent smile and clinging to his arm.

*****((()))*****

Vin's Ent

Choi Junyoung walked toward Jung Woosung who walked inside the agency. She followed him knowing he was the most humble as a veteran actor. He never hurt other feelings. Jung Woosung went inside the lift. So did her.

Knowing someone was coming inside the lift other than him, he greeted her warmly.

"Choi Junyoung, Good morning!" he said with his warmest smile.

"Good morning sunbae-nim (senior)... Do you have any meeting with the CEO about your rumor?" she said without even thinking. She was the most heartless and egoistic person ever. Even for her senior, she couldn't hold back her urge.

His face changed but, he kept smiling at his junior in the agency.

"It is just a rumor, I just want to talk about the new film that should be played by Son Yejin. But, I think it would be delayed for some before the rumors were redeemed," he replied without any burden.

"Is it should be Son Yejin. who will take the lead actress?" Junyoung put her strain of hair behind her ear wanted to attract that handsome actor who whipped the women's heart in Korea. He just smiled seeing her gesture that was too much to show how the world that she wanted the offer, badly.

"It should be played by her. Because the movie is a sequel to the latest movie and couldn't it be strange? If the lead actress is different? I can't even think another actress than her, since our chemistry a good enough till it became a trending topic." he stated without thinking too, with a giggle. The simple words, but surely broke the one who was standing beside him.

"Oh... I see.." her tone turned uninterested.

*****((()))*****

There he sat in front of her in a coffee shop with his cold americano with Yejin who was smiling like a stupid seeing at him.

"Why?" he asked after slurping the coffee.

"Oppa.. you know. Our parents.."

"I won't." He replied cutting her words, quickly. She pouted at him and gulped a caramel macchiato in front of her.

"Why? You also broke your relationship with Choi Junyoung."

"I won't," he said as staring at her.

"Oppa, my first ever scandal had popped out." she pouted again and blinking her eyes innocently.

"Yah.. can't you think further? How if you suddenly love someone in the future? Do you want to be a widow? Are you crazy?" he replied with his body came closer to the table reaching her, who was putting her head on the table. She then blinked her eyes thinking about those words.

"Honestly, up until now I didn't or I can't feel anything toward guy.." she mumbled.

"You like a woman??" he widened his eyes, shocked.

"It is not like that." she still blinked her eyes.

"Then? If I am loving someone in the future, then I should be a ...." he furrowed his eyebrow.

"Let's not divorce then!!" she stated.

"WHAT??? YOU LOVE ME!!!???" he almost screamed. The statement but also a question.

"I am not saying that I love you, but not to divorce!" she replied.

"Yah...so? You don't even love me? But, you won't divorce me?? Hah... this is crazy!" he gulped his americano fast.

"Oppa know it. I don't want scandals to overcome my profession. As you know I am professional. And the one that can clean my name was marrying you. And I would get to film the movie with Jung Woosung, again." she slurped her caramel macchiato calmly.

"Then marry him! You don't even have to lie about your feeling. You loved him since then, not only then but, till now!" he leaned his back against the head coach.

"Oppa, you don't even understand entertainment. It is so hard to explain to you. She pouted. Her eyes rolled upward thinking of something. Okay then! we would divorce if one of us find the right lover. At least we should make our parents happy by making this true. How about that?" she replied.

"Hah.." he sighed disbelief. "You have a dream on making me be a widow, right?" he stated.

"No, just think about it! No woman can ever be this close with you other than me! See ! even that Junyoung!" she replied confidently. He gulped knowing that statement was indeed true.

"Yah.. write the agreement then. Call a lawyer! Both of us should sign above a letter! It should say that if one of us finds a lover we should divorce! And this marriage is under parental supervision!" he stated.

"Parental supervision?? Do you think we are toddlers?" Yejin slurped her macchiato again.

"You said that for the happiness of our parents, didn't you?" he widened his eyes, he was into the conversation already.

" At least you agree. It is not that bad being single after we are divorcing!" She smiled knowing that she almost got him into the same boat with her.

"Call a lawyer!" he put his finger on the table and looked at her straight.

"We won't do that!" she smiled and blinking her eyes brightly.

"WHAT?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"If someone finds about the letter. Then, I will get an extremely massive scandal in the future. I shouldn't do that. Let it be our unwritten agreement!" she explained her thought calmly.

"I won't then!" He grabbed his americano and walked away from the seat.

"Yah...Oppa!" Yejin followed him in rush, knowing he just jumped out from the same boat she thought before.

*****((()))*****

Yejin laid on the couch in her house while masking her face with slices of cucumber. She wore a pink jacket and headband. She sighed remembering how hard to get his agreement to be in a marriage. She clicked on google's 'Easy way to get a cold man's agreement.' and then there she got tons of article.

"Yejin-ah!" her mother shouted from the kitchen. She sighed and put back her phone. She cleaned the cucumber and went to her mother, quickly.

"Why, Mom?" she walked toward the kitchen cabinet and sat in the chair.

"Give it some to Jung Aunty!" she said while feeding her a spoonful of rib stew's stock on . Yejin gulped it in a second.

"It is delicious, Mom!" she replied. Yejin's mother packed some rib stew and stirred another noodle.

"This..bring this !" her Mom started busying with kitchen things again. Their close bond couldn't be denied. They always shared anything so they can taste together since the mothers were liking to make delicious food together.

"Alright then!" Yejin grabbed the box and walked to Hyunbin's parent's house.

-----*****-----

"Aunty...I am coming!" Yejin opened the main door calmly. A middle-aged woman came toward her happily. She grabbed the box from Yejin's hand and gave her a mother's loving smile.

"Yejin-ah... Come here! What do you want to drink? Cola? Juice? I got fresh fruit this morning." Jung Inha, Hyunbin's mother then grabbed her waist leading her to go to the opened kitchen in the house. Yejin was used to be in Hyunbin's parent's house since she always came to the house when her parents do neighbor's talk thing, especially for the mothers. Yejin sat on the chair in the cabinet, watching Hyunbin's mother with her palms under her chin.

"You like strawberry, right?" she put a bunch of strawberry into the juicer and the machine.

"Where is Oppa, Aunty?"

"Do you have to ask? He is in his house. This house just his passing by, when he knocked out after drinking." she mumbled being irritated to Hyunbin's behavior.

"Aunty, do you want me to be your in-law?" Yejin asked her curiously, remembering they came to the house so early in the morning.

"Yah...Yejin-ah, Am I lacking seriousness? Did my appearance yesterday still making you in a doubt?" she took a glass from the kitchen drawer and put it beside the juicer.

"It seems like, you don't want Choi Junyoung to be your in-law, though! She is an actress too." Yejin added.

"Yah... Trust mother's inner feeling! I feel nothing good about her appearance. I am not searching for an actress. But, someone who can make Hyunbin being comfortable besides." Hyunbin's mother turned the juicer off and poured it into the glass.

"You just only see me because I am always around, Aunty." Yejin pouted.

"Yah... Yejin-ah, if he is falling to that Junyoung girl, then why I can't find a single picture of her in his bedroom? I just see the picture of the three of you." she added still wanting the marriage.

"But, he doesn't want to be my husband though, Aunty," Yejin added innocently hoping she would help her. Aunty Jung was pushing the glass of juice in front of her with her furrowed brows.

"WHAT??? This rascal is really.." she pissed off hearing Yejin's word with her hands on her waist. Yejin gulped the juice in silence, praying she would succeed this way.

"Aunty, Can I come inside his bedroom? I want to search for something that could make him agree to this marriage." Yejin blurts her idea which can give her the advantage to make him agree to whatever she said to be on the marriage.

"YOU WANT THE MARRIAGE, RIGHT? THANK YOU, YEJIN-AH..!" Aunty Jung held her hands almost screaming while Yejin widened her eyes, shocking.

"Just go! I won't tell anything to Hyunbin. Promise me that he would agree to this marriage!" she added.

"Understand, Aunty!" Yejin replied with a sincere voice with her fist in the air.

*****((()))*****

Yejin put her head closer to the monitor in Yoon Daepyo's worktable and she was sitting in Daepyo's chair. She read the article about her, while Yoon Daepyo and Park manager were standing behind her being frustrated with the article since it was published.

"Who writes this?" Yejin scrolled the article searching for the author. "KIM REPORTER?" she shouted out loud. "He wrote my latest scandal too, right?" she turned her body around and got a nod from the two frozen men behind.

"You should move fast!" Yoon Daepyo started the conversation.

"That is right, Yejin-ah!" Park manager added. The article was going too much and far from the fact. The article was written with "SON YEJIN AND JUNG WOOSUNG WERE SPOTTED LIVING TOGETHER". The picture that was attached is when Jung Woosung was standing right in front of her apartment and they did a conversation. Yes, they were living in the same place but, not together. Jung Woosung was living on the highest floor as he was the VIP and he greeted her after knowing that Yejin was living in the same building as him, after shooting for their movie.

"Seems like I should report the security in my apartment! I don't even get privacy there as they promised." Yejin mumbled angrily.

"So, should we hold a conference?" Yoon Daepyo asked her since the problems started spreading elsewhere.

"No, it would make nonsense and no one would believe that if we hold a conference, though. People only believe what is seen… So, prepare for that! My wedding pictures." she narrowed her eyes furiously and turned her face to the two men in front of her. Her stares intimidated them enough to make them stand upright with their chins lifted.

"Daepyo-nim, I would take a rest until this case is closed and I got my name back!" she stated fiercely and she turned her face to her manager. "Oppa! Search for anyone who stands behind my scandals! It looks so weird, nowadays!"

"Okay.." they nodded in unison. Yejin turned around to look at the article again. She took her phone out and called for someone. Her face was damn mad while waiting for someone whom she called.

"Why?" a cold voice of him turned her face into the brightest smile ever.

"Oppa, I think we should get married, sooner!" she smiled sheepishly.

"Hung up now!" then the sound of the phone being hang up was beeped loudly, shocked her.

"Hello...Oppa?" She repeated looking at the phone screen and put it back again on her ear. And it was beep's voice left. The two men who knew that Yejins intimidation couldn't affect the soon-soon-to-be husband sighed deeply.

“Yah..! trust me I can make it! Yejin took a glance at them clearing .

 

– to be continued-

 

Author’s note:

Hi my lovely readers ^^

See you again ^^

Thank you so much for anticipating this fiction ^^

Hope you can like this fiction lik The Binding Angel did ^^

Kindly check my other stories to Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^

FYI, You can find me on Twitter or Ig @byeorii17