Chapter 7

Married for Benefit

Chapter 7

The class was over and the men started grouping on Yejin's side taking photos with an A-list actress who suddenly appeared in a clay class. Hyunbin drank a bottle of water and saw the crowd with his daze looks, smirked in disbelief. The younger women who like Hyunbin started to gather to Hyunbin's side.

"Seonsaengnim... Do you want to go to HB Signature's Exhibition in Daegu the next month?" A woman on her twenty asked him to be excited. Hyunbin closed the bottle water lid and put a smiling face.

"Uhmm... Maybe.." he smiled sheepishly.

"Ohh... Seonsaengnim, Have you gotten married?" Another woman who accidentally looked at his left hand pointing her finger into his ring. Hyunbin coughed while the woman who saw the sudden appearance of Yejin in the class, turning her face to Yejin who was still in a photo session with the men.

"OMO...Seonsaengnim and Son Yejin got married??!!" The woman screamed covering , realizing the news about Son Yejin's marriage was the real one. All eyes in the room looked at the woman and they started looking at Hyunbin and Yejin left hand to see the rings. Naturally, Yejin and Hyunbin covered their left hand awkwardly.

"Oh...that's right! There is the same ring." The woman who screamed walked toward Yejin and looking to her hand in awe. "Waaaa... Daebak!" She added in her high tone voice loud enough to make people in the room turned their face on her.

Suddenly, their faces looked into Yejin and Hyunbin's face. They smiled awkwardly and scratching their not so itchy nape.

"Congratulation... eonni.." another woman who looked like Son Yejin's fan approaching her and tried to shake her hand. Yejin replied to the handshake and nodded her head in awkwardness.

"Eonni, can I take a picture with you and Seonsaengnim?" The fan asked politely. Yejin's eyes met Hyunbin's and she just smiled.

"I am sorry, you can take a photo with me, but, not with Oppa." Yejin agreed with the wish.

"Ahh.. right! Seonsaengnim doesn't want to take pictures." the fan disappointed but turned her face fast to Yejin. "Eonni...Can I take a picture with you?"

"Come here.." Yejin instructed them to get closer to her. They took a lot of pictures without Hyunbin. After they got enough pictures they left the room one by one bowing their back and wish them a good marriage. Yejin took a side beside Hyunbin who was ready to go out and cleaning his desk.

"Oppa.."

"Uhm...How can you make your students obediently not to take a picture with you?" Yejin asked realizing all of them didn't ask more after Yejin told them that Hyunbin doesn't want to take a picture.

"Simple... WRITTEN AGREEMENT!" He emphasized the words with a smirk. Yejin cleared knowing what he means. She rolled her eyes searching an idea to win the situation.

"Ahh...Oppa, let's go for groceries. I just knew it this morning that my peaches were all eaten. I don't know who eat that, but if I count the amount correctly, it should be two more days left I can eat the peaches. Where are those peaches gone?" She said with purpose while taking a glance at Hyunbin who was spacing out after hearing her sarcasm.

"Alright...Let's go then!" He walked away leaving her with a sly smile.

*****((()))*****

Son Woosik was eating a slice of apple while watching the TV with his wife on the sofa. His mother and Hyunbin's mothers were also watching the TV together. The news about Yejin was still going to the orphanage warmed their hearts.

"Woosik-ah... are you sure the photos are the new one?" Kim Nayoung, Woosik's mother asked him while slicing the apple after looking at the news that showed the photos of Yejin in an orphanage. The title about 'The warm-heart Yejin, in her past living orphanage.' was like the latest scandal's clarification. The news brought a lot of sympathies that also buried the news about her biological father. At least without she was putting much effort, the name itself has found its way back to the owner. Even though it wasn't fully recovered her name but it was special enough because of the written caption on the web where the photos were posted. The kind-hearted Yejin was shown through the written letter by the kids in the orphanage who were standing up beside her with their sincere words.

"I am 100% sure," he replied taking the still fresh-cut apple in the plate his mother had sliced. Hari's hand also took a slice of apple her mother-in-law had cut.

"Where is Hyunbin? Yejin told me that she was stuck with him all the time," Hyunbin's mother sneaked in and take a slice of apple in front of her. Woosik also takes a slice of apple after her.

"Hyunbin doesn't want to be taken, though. I mean the picture," he replied calmly.

"But, he wasn't that shy before ..." Hyunbin's mother answered.

"I don't know. He changed when he was in 3rd grade of Senior High School???" he rolled his eyes convincing his answer. He then took a slice of apple again in front of him.

"But, you are very sure that Hyunbin loves Yejin, Right?" Hyunbin's mother's turned her body to him.

"I am 99,99% sure." the mothers and Hari turned their faces to Woosik in unison. Woosik's roamed his eyes being shocked by the sudden spotlight.

"Really? I just don't want Hyunbin to hurt Yejin in the marriage. He seems cold to her." Hyunbin's mother replied sadly.

"Don't worry, Aunty! He is just a bastard that doesn't know how to express his feeling," Woosik took a slice of apple and munching again.

"Woosik-ah, But, Does Yejin love him too?" Woosik's mother asked.

"Yejin .... is a complicated one. I don't know whom she loved this far since she can act. But, the one I know, she loved Jung Woosung since she was in Senior High School."

"YAH---" the mother shouted at him which make Woosik and Hari took a slice of apple in alert.

"Don't worry! If she loves Jung Woosung, she wouldn't choose to be married to Hyunbin. Finished! The End!" he replied.

"Don't play with a marriage!" Woosik's mother said.

"If I wasn't sure then why I plan about their marriage for so long with you mothers ... Don't you remember when I ask you two before asking the fathers to plan the marriage for them. He was hurt for so long, trust me. I just can't help when he was knocking out of drinking, he would always mumble Yejin's name in sorrow when he looks all fine outside," he replied.

"Can I put our belief in you?" the mothers asked.

"Just let them be together so that they could realize it themselves." he tried to take a slice of apple and suddenly he got a hit from his mother.

"Yah.. it is for my soon-to-be grandchild," his mother snatched the plate and brought it to Hari's side.

*****((()))*****

"You just pay me back with a cup of coffee?? Yah.., you are unbelievable.." Hyunbin mumbled after being dragged by her to the coffee shop they usually met. He just got robbed in the supermarket and she said that she would pay back into something nice. Yejin ignored all his words and dragged her to the cashier to order.

"Uhmmm...one caramel macchiato and one america.."

"Two caramel macchiatos..." Hyunbin cut her words. After receiving the order, the man cashier started typing the order and got Yejin's card. Yejin turned her face to Hyunbin, still being shocked by his order. The facy that he didn't like something sweet since they met, put her in a daze.

"You don't like sweets," Yejin said at him right after receiving her card back after the payment.

"Who said that?" He replied roaming his sight to the menu bar.

"Oppa.. Look at me!" Yejin tried to make his face turning to her by her hands.

"Yah..we are outside. What will others think about us?"

"Are you sick?" she ignored his words and roamed her palms over his face.

"Yejin-ah.." he started worrying when the people in the coffee shop started looking at them. Especially, they were still on the very front side where they were fully exposed.

"Two caramel macchiatos," The cashier pulled out two cups of caramel macchiato to them while holding his laugh seeing their funny gestures. Hyunbin grabbed the cups with his two hands and started leaving the cashier so did Yejin who was still asking why did he order a sweet one.

"Oppa.." she walked beside him.

"I love this too... happy now?" He handed a cup of them to Yejin and slurping the one on his hand. He walked toward his car fast and Yejin followed him with a slight smile.

-----

Yejin entered the passenger's seat and put the seatbelt on. She checked her phone still slurping her caramel macchiato.

"Eohh.. what's happening?" She mumbled after seeing her phone which was being ignored all day. Hyunbin stopped his way of starting the engine. She caught missed calls coming from her manager and CEO of DNTeam.

"Something important?" He asked.

"Oppa, Daebak...." she put her cup on the cup holder and scrolling to her phone.

"Why?" Yejin was still being enchanted by the screen.

"Oppa... I can't say anything right now." She looked at him with teary eyes. But, she was smiling.

"Why?" Yejin hugged him in sudden making him choked his throat a bit.

"Oppa... I am happy right now. The movie would start filming soon, the scandals didn't affect me. I am excited!" She wiped her tears in joy. She released her hug and facing the dazed face in front of her.

"I can't believe it! I LOVE YOU, OPPA" she caressed his cheek and kissed it in happiness. She hugged him tighter while their cheeks were still crashing in joy. Hyunbin gulped his throat and blinking being puzzled. 'Did she catch that?' He thought. His eyes looked at her, who is already living in her world smiling happily, still looking at her phone and slurping her caramel macchiato again. Unconsciously, he tugged an unseen smile on his face.

Her phone rang and she picked the phone in instant with an alluring smile on her face.

"Woosung sunbae-nim.." she greeted the phone caller. Hyunbin's smile faded in instant and he looked straight into the road in front of him. He started the engine while his ear eavesdropping on Yejin's conversation.

"Thank you sunbae-nim.." Hyunbin sighed and took his caramel macchiato from the cup holder and slurped it in instant. He scrunched his face tasting the sweetness of the drink, the taste that was too sweet for him. His heart felt the sudden weight on his heart and strayed his face away hiding the anger from Yejin.

"EOhh...HB Signature Exhibition in Daegu?" Her voice lowered and she took a glance at him. She stopped for a while before answering. Hyunbin smirked knowing that Woosung man was HB Signature artworks fans. In the end, he was higher than Woosung man except for popularity.

"I will go with my husband since he is a fan of HB Signature artworks too," she replied to the phone happily.

*****((()))*****

The newlywed went to Hyunbin's house to prepare a feast meal together with families. Yejin hugged her mother and Hyunbin's mother tight. They visited their mother after buying the premium beef and they decided to do barbeque with their family. Hyunbin who was standing behind her waiting for the reunion ceremony ended.

"Aigoo ..., You should call us before!" Hyunbin's mother snatched the bunch of plastic bags on his hand ignoring his presence. He sighed glancing at his mother who has already reached the kitchen, disbelief. He looked at Yejin's mother dragged Yejin to the sofa with a tear on her face.

"Yejin-ah, Don't think too much about the news! Eomma and Appa are always your parents forever!" her mother tapped Yejin's shoulder lightly. Yejin hugged her mother leaning her head. He smiled realizing no one would be her first supporter than the parent, even they weren't the biological one. Their intention for adopting her was beyond everything. Adopting a child wasn't a simple task but they still wanted to adopt was an incredible one.

He left the daughter and mother and went straight to his bedroom, leaving them into a reunion. He sat on the bedside and exhaled his breath. Her burden that started involving his life. He just couldn't handle his heart to be as hurt as her. He didn't know when was it started since they used each other for a long time. He sighed and suddenly his sight laid on the puzzle potter he first made on the bedside table, the one which was mentioned by her.

He reached the puzzle and looked at his first work when he still studied in Switzerland. He remembered the first came. into his mind when he made it. The feeling was still lingering in his heart even after so long.

"Broken pieces that can't be like the new one ...," his finger traveled to the round side one of the puzzle's craft side which was supposed to be the part of another puzzle's part if it were the real puzzle. He giggled remembering what she was talking about the puzzle.

-----

Son Woosik and his wife went straight to the back garden and followed the barbeque. They put a lot of plastic bags filled with snacks and alcohols to lighten the party. The party was shined by the moon and stars in the sky.

"OOIIII ..., Son Woosik is coming!" he shouted lifting the plastic bags happily and took a seat in the garden. He went straight to bump his fist with Hyunbin's happily.

"What's up, Bro?" he hugged Hyunbin's shoulder disturbing him on grilling the beef. The smoke has gotten into Hyunbin's vision and he wiped it ignoring Woosik's presence.

"Have you done it?" Woosik's whispered right at his ear. Hyunbin turned his face to him fast and he got Woosik's wink.

"How does it feel? Your long long love is already yours." Woosik added again. Hyunbin cleared his throat and gulping his throat while seeing the happy Yejin who was already into women's talk with the mothers and Hari. He then turned his face to the beef again.

"You still can't touch her, huh?" Woosik asked whispering. Hyunbin just gulping his throat.

"I bet you didn't touch her even inside the small tent." Woosik sighed in disbelief.

"Congrats on your wife's pregnancy..." Hyunbin diverted the focus while cutting the grilled beef on the plate.

"Yah, you make me upset. You didn't know how much I help you to make you two get married??"

"Did you?" Hyunbin bit his lips on Woosik's cringing smile in disbelief. He didn't even think that Woosik planned the marriage behind his back.

"How can I help you? Watching you desperately in jealousy at her when she wasn't even yours. You also don't want to go to the cinema in case you see all the posters about her and her co-star being intimated. You don't want to go to the cinema because of a phobia!!?? What a reason!" Woosik grabbed his waist closer and whispered to his ear.

"You ...How far do you know?" Hyunbin stuttered.

"Heol ... your face tells everything!"

"I was dating Choi Junyoung back then."

"It was the biggest bull ever. I can't see a bit of love for her. It was just diverting your focus on Yejin. How about that? Have you done it?" Woosik raised his brows playfully.

"Ehmm..." Hyunbin cleared his throat while Woosik scrunched his face being speechless.

"Ah I see, you can't make her pregnant because of her next movie?" Woosik gave up on Hyunbin. He then d his pocket and pulled out something and slipped it in Hyunbin's back pocket.

"What is that?" Hyunbin scrunched his face feeling something wrong.

"Cond... ehm Protector ..." Hyunbin widened his eyes and glared at him.

"You ..." he wanted to reply but Woosik had put his finger on his lips.

"You are legally touched her. It is weird if you don't do that," Woosik replied with his seriousness.

"Oppa, What are you doing?" Hari shouted from afar and the women stared at Hyunbin and Woosik who were positioned in a weird position where Woosik hand covered Hyunbin's mouth and the other hand still tugged on Hyunbin's back pocket which showed like he had touched Hyunbin's . The men just blinked their eyes innocently while the women sighed in disbelief.

"No ... it is not like what you are thinking about?" Woosik pulled his hands from Hyunbin slowly, embarrassed.

"So, What are you doing?" Yejin replied feeling disgusted seeing her brother acted like that to her husband.

"I am teaching him how to burn the bed ..." Woosik then shocked by his own words in a second. "I mean how to burn the beef." Woosik smiled sheepishly to the women.

*****((()))*****

Hwang reporter roamed his sight and viewing the old small house which looked like long left by the owner. He looked at his phone and matched the photo with the view in front of him. He walked roaming the place meticulously and tried the faucet outside the house. The water didn't come out.

"Young man ...! What are you doing there?" Hwang reporter turned his face to the old woman who was standing in front of the house shouting at him. He bowed his back and walked to the old woman.

"Grandmother ... I am Hwang Yijeong from Seoul. How do you do?" he greeted the old woman warmly.

"The owner had left that house for a long time ago. Who do you want to meet with?" she said as narrowing her eyes from being blinded by the sunlight.

"Do you know the one in this picture?" Hwang Reporter handed her his phone. He showed the picture of the middle-aged man and a little girl who stand side by side. The old-woman frowned her forehead trying to recollect the memories that happened decades ago.

"Ah... this man. I don't know. He left this house more than a decade ago. Why do you want to meet him?" she explained watching her words as she was scared about the misstep memories.

"Do you know him much, Grandmother?" he asked again fixing his slipping bag full of anticipation.

"Ah... I want to forget it! Don't ask me! It was still lingering on my head how he did bad to his wife," she then shivered after recollecting her memories.

"Was he?"

"He was. I don't know but, he changed after marrying his second wife," she said tilting her head convincing her memories.

"Second wife?"

"His first wife was dead when his daughter turned 4 and he married to make sure his daughter was well raised. But, I don't know he changed much after marrying his second wife."

-to be continued-