Prologue (Meet the Characters)

Married for Benefit

Son Yejin

A-list Korean actress with tons of achievement in entertainment industry. Her beauty and low-key behavior managed her to be accepted by people surround her. As the one of the best collaboration actress, invited producers to have a work with her in film or drama. However, her newest scandal with top Korean actor flipped her life in once. Producers would take a step back to offer her a new project.

Kim Hyunbin

A famous potter with lot of unique artworks under HB signatures. His closed personality brought him not to easily recognized by people. He really made sure that his circle wasn't broad enough that anyone would easily come. His ex- lover who was trying hard to broadened his circle ended up being ignored by him. No one would change him, not even his lover.

Jung Woosung

The most handsome veteran Korean actor with endless charisma that whipped all Korean citizen. His humble personality would always make his co-stars fell for him. Some of them would misunderstand his action.

Jo Junyoung

Hyunbin's ex- lover that was always being ignored by him. Always do everything to catch his attention. Her 'always she is the best' thought, aroused her ego. She should get whatever she want, even it took whether in a good or bad way.

Son- Family

Son Jaehoon (Father) - Kim Nayoung (Mother)

Son Woosik (Son Yejin's brother) - Lee Hari (Son Woosik's wife)

Kim- Family

Kim Jeonghyun (Hyunbin's Father) - Jung Inha (Hyunbin's Mother)

Son-Family and Kim- family were closer than siblings. Their bond as neighbors for years turned to be inseparable one. The only son of Kim-Family made the two families arranged a marriage for Kim's family only son and Son's family daughter.

Other than those reason, the arranged marriage had it several ways and alibies to make it happen.

 

********

"Oppa, let's make it happen!" Yejin said as her legs were swaying in a top counter of Hyunbin's worktable. She had repeated the statement for times almost made him throw his anger to her, if she wasn't his bestfriend's little sister.

"I won't.." Hyunbin replied bluntly to her. He put his potteries to a safest place in shelves, knowing that everytime she came, at least one of his pottery was being in a danger.

"It would be a good one whether in your side or mine." she said with her sheepisly smile. Her hands were leaning on the counter comfortably.

"Yours not mine." he stated with his eyes look straight on hers. Yejin pouted her lips showing her dissapointment and sprawling her hands freely.

'PRANG'

A loud sound of shattered pieces of his artworks widened her eyes in shocked. She blinked her eyes twice.

"YAHHH -SON YEJIN!!" he screamed in shock seeing his only one artwork that broken in pieces, again.

"Omo-Oppa!" she jumped down and helped him who was readily clean the mess. Yejin started helping him, picking the fractions carefully with her fingers.

Suddenly, a code of his door was being clicked with someone outside. Their eyes met knowing who would come.

"Yah, you're an actress, right?" he whispered.

"Yah.. oppa are you fighting with her?" Yejin asked him back.

"Don't do anything when I do something to you!" he told her in hurry.

"Yah what do you want to do?" she questioned him. A loud sound of door being opened was heard. Hyunbin brought Yejin to his hug and kissed her lips deeply. Yejin shocked in a minute. She blinked her eyes seeing the person in front of her closing his eyes deepening the kiss.

"Hyunbin-ssi....you really don't have any sense.." the voice that was familiar to them coming to the room. Yejin who already knew the situation replied his kiss and grabbed his neck tightly, with intention the one who was just coming, could see the view clearly. Hyunbin didn't even reply the woman words, though.

"Alright.. if it is what you want. And you should know. You are the one who started the mess." Jo Junyoung added with her cracked voice. The words surprised him. He looked at the one who was kissing him in daze. Right after Jo Junyoung closed the door, Yejin unlocked their lips and wiped her lips with her hand.

"Alright, let's make it happen!" Hyunbin claimed fast.

"Yah why out of nowhere? You are already knowing that it gives you a benefit too, right? You also get a kiss from A-list actress.. huh." she snorted.

"Yah Son Yejin.." he tried to keep his voice calm and he lifted a fraction of his artworks, waving at her. Showing, how much the cost she should pay if it was really being sold and she just broke that minutes a go.

"I understand. I don't mind the kiss though.." she cleared the throat.

"So?" he replied.

"I won't.. it just gives a benefit for your side not mine." Yejin chirped repeating his own words that was still fresh lingers on her mind, like a bird.

"Forget it! I won't!" he stated and stood up fast. Yejin grabbed his hand holding him to go further.

"Understand Oppa.. sure we can talk in a good way. Okay.. let our parents know our answer.." Yejin stated with her sheepisly smile. Hyunbin pulled her to get up.

"Okay Oppa.. High-Five." She opened her palm to him. Hyunbin clapped his palm on hers lazily and leaving her to get a broom, cleaning his million cost's artwork fractions.

 

Author’s note:

Would get some weeks of hiatus for preparing the story and keeping up with my real-life schedules and you can check the progress of new story on my social media (IG and Twitter) : @byeorii17

Kindly check my other works The Binding Angel (Completed), Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^