Chapter 6

Married for Benefit

Chapter 6

"OPPPAAAAA......" she shouted scrolling her phone after waking up. Her scream was loud enough until the tent was shaking. She pulled out the zip on the sleeping bed and went to sleeping Hyunbin's happily. She shook his body with a big smile on her face.

"Why?" Hyunbin woke up squeezing his eyes and sat in his place. Yejin hugged him tight in sudden.

"Oppaaaa .... You're right! I should take a step back! I felt like I want to cry now ..." she said. Hyunbin who was still in a daze, frozen after feeling her hug.

"Why?" he replied.

"I got my name back ... Oppa ..." she replied turning her face to Hyunbin with tears and a smile on her face. After a second, she hugged him tighter on his neck. Her body hugged him in a rush that made his body fell to the sleeping bag again.

"Thank you, Oppa..." she sobbed on his neck.

"I can't thank you more." she then kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Oppa ..."

"Yah ... Let's go home! I should go to work." Hyunbin pushed her aside after the kiss. His eyes rolled afar and cleared his throat. Fortunately, his phone was ringing and he took it in no time.

"Hello..." he replied the phone and looked at Yejin who was still in confusion seeing his reddened face.

*****((()))*****

The filming set was being crowded since yesterday. The crews were preparing the location, the artist also costumes. The director had been ready on their spot and the lighting was all set.

The makeup artist started fixing the makeup while Jung Woosung was sitting on his chair. His manager came and brought a cup of coffee to him.

"Woosung-ah... since the scandals about Yejin had burst nowadays. The photoshoot also canceled yours too." The manager said in a low voice. The photoshoot that should be taken after the movie, was suddenly being canceled. That was the big impact when someone involved in scandals whether it was true or false.

"Ahh.. so..what should I do? Everything will be fine soon. Let's focus on this first!" He mumbled the makeup artist started fixing the makeup on his lips area.

"But, you get an offer too." The manager added still in a low voice.

"What is it?" Woosung turned his face on him.

"The photoshoot with Choi Junyoung in N Magazines." Woosung signed the makeup artist to stop and leave the two of them. Right after the makeup artist left, his manager sat beside Woosung and took the chair closer.

"We are not talking about this, yet. Who is behind this?" Woosung sighed knowing something strange about that. The couple photoshoot for series was normal, but to be shoot in a magazine was too much for a mini-series.

"I don't know. But, the Park Daepyo, agreeing on this." The manager added. It was Vin's Entertainment's who decided it. The place where Jung Woosung and Choi Junyoung were living in.

"Really?" Woosung asked in disbelief.

"Told you so. If you agree to this, you will start involving in her matter."

"That's fine. It is easier to prove what she is doing in this industry." Jung Woosung cut him in a minute.

"Do you want to leak her flaws?" The manager asked.

" I am not that mean. I just need proves that would make me don't want to involve her again. And if she is going too far. Please help me with that!" He added in a serious tone.

"Are you serious?"

"What do you mean? If she goes too far, I need something to prove that I am not in her play. For the God's sake, I am in this entertainment after putting much effort and I should keep my image as much as I put when I was entering this industry, right?" Woosung shrugged his shoulders.

*****((()))*****

Hyunbin slurped his coffee calmly waiting for the woman who suddenly asks him out in the early morning to speak a word. Her stare in front of him tried to intimidate him. But, he didn't care about her presence whatsoever. His thing was because of his wife's need.

"Bin- ssi ...," she started the conversation and he put the cup of coffee on the table. He clasped his hands calmly waiting for her to continue her speech.

"The scandals of your wife become a trending topic in Korea. Don't you want to give up already?"

"What do you mean? I am his husband, now," he smirked with her nonsense. She suddenly d her pocket and pushed a picture of him kissing Yejin's forehead when she was sleeping in his first exhibition. The picture she used to threaten him back then. The time when Yejin just got her fame as an actress. The time when she just got attached as the national first love and the picture that might drag her down back then. The reason that made them being in a heartless relationship.

-----

-Flashback-

Choi Junyoung suddenly appeared in his exhibition with her Oppa who likes potteries for so long. She didn't know that she would meet her first love, Hyunbin. The first time she saw him after so long, rush her curiousness. She followed him wherever he goes in silence inside the Exhibition hall. He looked like the art's collectors who was watching one by one HB's Signature's artwork and blended into the crowd which aroused Junyoung's curiousness

She was excited following him until she catches him covering a woman's body with his coat and mesmerizing the sleeping woman's beauty. He tugged a slight smile before leaning his body forward to kiss the sleeping woman's forehead she knows well in a hidden place, behind the exhibition hall. The woman laid her head on the table, sleeping with her head was put on her arm. Her face was clearly shown. Face she hated so much. The face that snatched her works and threw her aside. Suddenly, she smirked knowing she could beat her this time. Her fast hand took the scene perfectly with her phone. She made sure the face of Hyunbin and her appeared on the screen and sent the picture right after.

Not long after she sent the picture, he turned his face realizing someone laying eyes at him and Yejin. He walked to Junyoung while she took steps behind slowly avoiding him.

"Give me your picture," he said coldly sprawling his hand to her.

"Hello, Bin-ssi," she hides her phone behind.

"Who are you?" he furrowed his brows feeling irritated.

"I am Choi Junyoung..." she smiled while introducing herself to him. She knew he would know her.

"What are you doing here?" he replied standing up in front of Yejin who was sleeping.

"I've sent the picture to the reporter. So, under my words ...," she peeked at the person behind him. "She would lose her fame ..." she replied calmly.

"Don't ..." he begged in a low voice after taking a glance behind.

"I won't! If you are my man." she smiled walking toward him closer.

"I am not linking to your rivalry to Yejin," he sighed in disbelief.

"I love you! And Yejin has been my rival since ..." she stopped talking. She looked at his face with a smirk knowing that he would understand what she is talking about. "Got the point, Hyunbin- ssi?" Choi Junyoung walked closer to him and lean her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't do that!" he mumbled in a low voice.

"I promise. Trust me!" she whispered putting her lips closer to his ear.

"OMO ..., Oppa! You have a girlfriend?" Yejin's voice shocked him. 'Why did she wake up at the wrong time' he thought.

Hyunbin sighed rolling his eyes to the incident he didn't want to be. Yejin who can just see his back didn't know what was his face looks like, stood up in awe fixing Hyunbin's coat that wrapped her bare shoulder. Yejin only saw Junyoung's smiling face to her.

"Ohh ..., Hello, Hyunbin Oppa girlfriend!" Yejin squeaked happily.

"Eohh ..., Choi Junyoung-ssi ..., Nice to meet you here!" Yejin greeted the actress who worked as her happily.

-End of Flashback-

-----

"I am giving this back to you. I've found something bigger than this." Choi Junyoung handed the picture to him.

"What do you want for sure?" he took a glance at the picture uneasy.

"I am Yejin's rival. So, why do you still ask me the reason?"

"She doesn't even care about your presence," he mumbled.

"But, I bet you know that Yejin and I got involved in something back then, even she didn't realize it," she smirked and he sighed calming his emotion.

"What should I do?"

"Don't do anything! I lost my interest in you. I found something bigger outside..." she stood up pulling her handbag ready to go.

"So, what is the ing reason you meet me here?" he pissed off.

"I missed you, babe..." she with an annoying word that he doesn't want to hear from her.

"Leave her alone!" he mumbled before she passed him.

"I am ... If she stayed at your home after the wedding longer."

"The fame, is it really important?" he sighed in disbelief.

"Ah... I remember! Congratulation on your next month's Exhibition ... or Happy Birthday .... uhm not now ... I might go there because I might have finished my mini-series. So, wait for me there ..." she traveled her finger through his shoulder and leaving him behind. Hyunbin exhaled his breath cupping his face frustratedly. He took a glance at the picture that was left by her with a wrong feeling.

*****((()))*****

He was standing in front of the class with an apron on him. He talked about anything that connected with clay whatsoever which she never knew it for the whole life. Yejin was just sitting in the very back like the most stupid students in the class. She put her chin on her hands, seeing him trying to get a focus on the theory. The students in the class still were trying to steal the glance toward her. Since, she came to Hyunbin's class the eyes started putting obvious questions that might appear on their forehead like 'What is she doing here?', 'Is she Son Yejin who got scandals with Jung Woosung?', 'Is she the one who marry without her biological parent's blessing?'. The questions that might hurt her and she just let those craps away sighing her breath. But, even there were students that curious about her appearance, there was also a student who put their attention to their teacher.

"Seonsaengnim.. (Teacher)..." a woman on the very front desk raised her hand.

"Do you have any questions?" Hyunbin said with a smile which showed its dimple.

"Do you know HB Signature? There are a lot of unique potteries and the owner always released a lot of pottery in a short time. But, Is it possible to get a lot of inspiration in a short time?" she ended the question by tilting her head.

"You choose a good answer, woman. Since he is the owner. Tsk.." Yejin murmured in a low voice. Hyunbin put on a big smiled before he answered the question.

"Okay, I don't know what the owner is thinking in that short of time. But, I can help you search for inspiration," he talked with his hands were clasped tight.

"Tsk..., Liar...See...He is nervous already." Yejin mumbled seeing his gesture.

"If you are having a hard time finding the inspiration, you can start from the closest thing that attracts you. Maybe, you can start from..." Hyunbin rolled his eyes to put a nice word as he used to when teaching, but not when he was with Yejin.

"Tsk.. just blurt out as you did to me.." Yejin mumbled again.

"Love. Love from the closest person like parents, brother or sister, lover, an idol? Hahaha " he smiled awkwardly. "Or wife....husband" his eyes met Yejin when he said wife, but Yejin just pouted her lips being jealous of his action which being soft to others, not to her. He also left her when she needed help from being covered fully with the sleeping bag, even in the end he opened it after she wiggled for almost minutes that felt like years.

"The moment with the closest person, the ambiance you felt with the person, or the feeling itself can help you to raise your imagination. I think it might be some tips from me." He ended with a smile.

"Alright.... since it almost the time. Let's practice for slabbing technique." He started the practice.

---

Yejin followed his instruction from the very front class and kneading the clay diligently. She then took a wooden stool beside the clay and started rolling to the clay. Her eyes kept looking at him who was visiting each table and giving tips and tricks and sometimes he took the charge when the technique was difficult to understand. Some younger women directly showing their affection toward him who teach them one by one. But, as usual, he ignored the affections from them.

"Tsk... Hello, you already have a wife here," she mumbled to clay in front of her and rolled the wooden pin roughly.

"Yah...if you do something like that, you would tear the clay." Hyunbin voice suddenly appeared behind her. The slabbing technique needed to make the clay into a thin layer. Parts of thin layers could be combined and turned into the cuboidal or angular craft. Yejin stopped rolling the clay and turned her face to Hyunbin.

"What are you doing until your face dirted by the clay? Are you a toddler? Tsk." He wiped her face with his thumb. Hyunbin took the rolling pin and started rolling above the clay and made the clay thickness equally on every side. Yejin pouted and stood beside him.

"Oppa.. the puzzle craft in your bedroom. Is it also using this technique?" She asked him in a low voice of a sudden.

"You roamed my room thoroughly," he kept rolling the pin.

"I want to make it too. If you write 'Broken pieces that can't be like the new one' on your puzzle, I would make the couple that writes 'can be fixed even it will be imperfect one'. Cool isn't it?" she imagined it with a smile.

"Are you a poet? Just do it right!" He put the rolling pin harsh beside the clay. Yejin looked to the clay in awe. The form of clay was much better than her. Not much better, but it was just right in every inch of sides.

"Oppa... waa it looks perfect." she tried lifting the clay happily. Suddenly, the clay tore apart and Hyunbin who saw the view was just spacing out after looking at it being torn. Yejin put the clay to the table hurriedly and turned her face to Hyunbin, feeling sorry. Hyunbin turned his back and waving his hand signing didn't know what to do anymore.

*****((()))*****

"Oppa. Why are you being like this?" Junyoung grabbed Jung Woosung arms tight. She looked straight into his eyes deeply. Jung Woosung who felt the emotion, already bursting his tears.

"CUT" the director shouted with his speaker. He stood up being impatient after filming the same scenes for times. Choi Junyoung turned her back to see the director and bowing lightly to apologize.

"I am sorry." Choi Junyoung shouted back. Jung Woosung who was already tired also almost losing his patient.

"Junyoung-ah.. do you have any problem? Seems like you are losing your focus." He kept his voice calm.

"No... sunbae (senior) I will try again.," she replied but her gestures showing somewhat strange.

"OK.. 1.2.3 ACTION!" the director instructed from the monitor.

"Oppa. Why are you being..." she fell on Jung Woosung hug before finishing her line. Jung Woosung who was the one in front of her caught her body in his embrace. The crews started crowding to their place.

-----

Jung Woosung went to the toilet that passing Choi Junyoung's waiting room. The shoot was delayed waiting for her to regain her consciousness. He walked calmly while playing with his phone.

"Yah.. did you capture that?" Choi Junyoung's voice was heard by him who was almost passing her room. Luckily, the door was not fully closed and he could see the back view of Choi Junyoung and a woman in her thirty, who was Choi Junyoung manager in front of the mirror. They were focusing on the handphone in Choi Junyoung's hand. Remembering what his manager was said, he leaned his body closer to the door.

"See...I did." The manager said with a proud in her voice.

"How about it? Did it show too much?" Choi Junyoung asked.

"I don't know. But, seeing there was such a big commotion. I think you did fine." She replied. "Junyoung-ah, can't you just focus after this and end the scene fast. I am tired already."

"I did my best. But, I don't know the director kept saying 'CUT'. I did my best though." Junyoung said worrying what will happen next.

"Don't you want to start learning acting further? Seems like you need an improvement!" The manager asked her.

"How can I do that in this situation? This mini-series started already." Junyoung rubbed her hair frustratedly.

"Who asked you to do this fast?" The manager sighed.

"You don't know that my name as an artist started drowning? " Junyoung took a glance at her.

"But, I think you asked Daepyo-nim such in a hurry." Woosung furrowed his eyebrows listening that it was connected with his CEO.

"Don't talk about it again! We should finish this no matter what." Choi Junyoung replied. The shocking information that he would never imagine before. He sighed disbelief. The power of Choi Junyoung.

-Epilogue-

-20 years ago-

"Who is she?" Young Hyunbin asked Woosik after playing football with their friends. They walked side by side, went in the same direction. His friend followed his sight who was landed in front of his house. There she was coming with her pieces of luggage with Woosik's parents. Her innocent face with her long black hair entering the new house with awkward gesture. Her eyes still roamed the house in awe as the new parents alse led the way excitedly.

"Eoh.. she comes here today," Woosik mumbled. He fastened his walks being impatient to go to their house.

"Woosik-ah.. who is she?" Young Hyunbin caught the Woosik's hand.

"My new family member," He smiled while Hyunbin furrowed his eyebrows being puzzled.

"My mother is still longing for a daughter after losing her baby years ago. So, she adopted one." Young Woosik added knowing the one beside him would questioning that.

"Eoh.." Hyunbin turned his head down didn't want to show his puzzled minds. It wasn't his business, though.

"Let's go! Let me introduce you to her!" Woosik added and ran in front of him. Hyunbin froze and seeing excited Woosik who wanted to meet the new family member.

"Yah...Let's go!" Woosik shouted waving his hand to Hyunbin. He followed Woosik running beside him. However, he didn't know he had put slight smile along the way to her.

–to be continued-

Author’s note:

Thank you for reading and supporting ^^

Kindly check my other stories The Binding Angel, Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^

Sincerely, Byeol-nim