Chapter 2

Married for Benefit

Chapter 2

Jung Woosung smiled lightly seeing the article. He was sitting on his seat while his manager was standing beside him peeking out the article he was reading, even though he knew it already.

"Do you believe this article?" Jung Woosung started the conversation after closing the article and put the pad on the table.

"People will," he replied not being too careful with his words.

"Hhhmm.... do you already contact DNTeam about this rumor?" Jung Woosung closed his hand together and put it on his chin slightly scratching it.

"I did. But, they answer something strange."

"What is it?" Jung Woosung turned his body to see his manager.

"Yejin's wedding.. and they said don't worry about the rumor and let it pass!" he answered tilting his head. He repeated Yejin's manager's words.

"Wedding? Why doesn't she tell me?" he started taking his phone and dialed Yejin's number.

*****((()))*****

"It is not like that, Sunbae-nim. It is something that I can't tell about it yet." she smiled sheepishly sitting on the wooden table in the place full of unique shapes of potteries. She slurped her caramel macchiato with her finger tapping the table being impatient. She kept looking at the main door waiting for someone to come in.

"Oh..really? It seems like our project will get delayed for some more?" Jung Woosung replied on one side of the phone e. The sound of shoes coming near to the room and her eyes tried catching his existence. The man was being surprised seeing her sudden appearance in his workplace, in the house. He was taken aback at first and sighed deeply when she was waving her hand at him brightly. He closed the door tight and the door locked with a beep.

"I think it is, Sunbae-nim. I am sorry, Sunbae-nim. I should hang up first. Bye.." Yejin hang up the phone and blinking her eyes cheerfully at him. Hyunbin passed her and went straight to get a glass of water from the dispenser. Yejin followed him from behind and took a seat on his nearest worktable so that he could see her face.

"Oppa.." Hyunbin almost choked his throat seeing her sudden appearance beside him.

"How can you enter this place?"

"123456. You still didn't change, Old-man Oppa!" she laughed. Hyunbin ignored her later and put on his apron after firing his potteries on the kiln outside. (note: Kiln is a place for firing the potteries).

"Oppa won't you change your passcode? Don't you scare that this place would get robbed? Especially, if someone stalked you and knowing where you live." Yejin said out of nowhere. Hyunbin looked at her straight.

"Am I you?" He put his hand on his waist saying in a poker face.

"Just if, Oppa!" she smiled sheepishly. Hyunbin didn't talk back to her and just looking at her.

"You can change to your birthday, though! So, you can't forget easily!" she added but, her eyes trembling to see his fierce eyes. However, she should do it. In the name of her career.

"Or my birthday?" she tugged a big smile.

"Why?" he finally replied to her. It aroused her excitement when he was into the conversation with her.

"Because I would be your wife soon!" she said widening her eyes feeling excited all of herself. Hyunbin replied with his unpleasant smile. He started ignoring her by doing something in front of him.

"Oppa, let's make it happen!" Yejin said as her legs were swaying on a top counter of Hyunbin's worktable. She had repeated the statement for times almost made him throw his anger at her if she wasn't his best friend's little sister.

"I won't.." Hyunbin replied bluntly to her. He put his potteries to the safest place on shelves, knowing that every time she came, at least one of his pottery was being in a danger.

"It would be a good one whether in your side or mine." Her hands started leaning on the counter comfortably.

"Yours not mine," he stated with his eyes look straight on hers. Yejin pouted her lips showing her disappointment and sprawling her hands freely.

'PRANG'

A loud sound of shattered pieces of his artworks widened her eyes in shock. She blinked her eyes twice.

"YAHHH -SON YEJIN!!" he screamed in shock seeing his only one artwork that broken in pieces, again.

"Omo-Oppa!" she jumped down and helped him who was readily clean the mess. Yejin started helping him, picking the fractions carefully with her fingers.

Suddenly, a code of his door was being clicked with someone outside. Their eyes met knowing who would come.

"Yah, you're an actress, right?" he whispered.

"Yah... Oppa are you fighting with her?" Yejin asked him back.

"Don't do anything when I do something to you!" he told her in hurry.

"Yah what do you want to do?" she questioned him. A loud sound of a door being opened was heard. Hyunbin brought Yejin to his hug and kissed her lips deeply. Yejin was shocked in a minute. She blinked her eyes seeing the person in front of her closing his eyes deepening the kiss.

"Hyunbin-ssi....you don't have any sense.." the voice that was familiar to them coming to the room. Yejin who already knew the situation replied his kiss and grabbed his neck tightly, with intention the one who was just coming, could see the view. Hyunbin didn't even reply to the woman's words, though.

"Alright... if it is what you want. And you should know. You are the one who started the mess." Jo Junyoung added with her cracked voice. The words surprised him. He looked at the one who was kissing him in a daze. Right after Jo Junyoung closed the door, Yejin unlocked their lips and wiped her lips with her hand.

"Alright, let's make it happen!" Hyunbin claimed fast.

"Yah why out of nowhere? You are already knowing that it gives you a benefit too, right? You also get a kiss from an A-list actress.. huh." she snorted.

"Yah Son Yejin.." he tried to keep his voice calm and he lifted a fraction of his artworks, waving at her. Showing, how much the cost she should pay if it was really being sold and she just broke that minutes ago.

"I understand. I don't mind the kiss though.." she cleared the throat.

"So?" he replied.

"I won't.. it just gives a benefit for your side, not mine." Yejin chirped repeating his own words that were still fresh lingers on her mind, like a bird.

"Forget it! I won't" he stated and stood up fast. Yejin grabbed his hand holding him to go further.

"Understand Oppa.. sure we can talk in a good way. Okay.. let our parents know our answer.." Yejin stated with her most sincere smile. Hyunbin pulled her to get up.

"Okay, Oppa... High-Five." She opened her palm to him. Hyunbin clapped his palm on hers lazily and leaving her to get a broom, cleaning his million cost's artwork fractions.

*****((()))*****

Hyunbin and Yejin sat in front of their parents who were happy seeing them agreeing to the marriage. Son Woosik and Lee Hari just stayed seat in awe.

"Wahh.. that's fast !" Son Woosik mumbled clapping his hands. Hyunbin just scrunched his face feeling disgust with his best friend's tease.

"But, can I do it as fast as it can?" Yejin tried to shrug the silent happiness which also made the people in Son's family house startled, especially Hyunbin who looked at her in horror.

"Alright, Yejin-ahh.. aunty will help you to hold this wedding as perfect as it should be in a short time." Hyunbin's mother replied happily clapping her hands.

"Isn't it, Mrs. Son?" Hyunbin's mother touched her soon to be in-law happily.

"Alright, Mrs. Kim." Yejin's mother replied happily while the fathers suddenly cleared their throat in unison.

"Yah, Yejin-ah! Even we agreed for the wedding but, we should get proper preparations though!" Yejin's father shrugged in the conversation.

"No...no..no we can handle it together." The mothers replied giving a death glare to their husbands. Mr. Kim and Mr. Son gulped their saliva together after receiving such a death glare from them.

"Uhm.... Alright! do it as you want!" The husbands gave up on their wives' wishes.

"Do you like it? You two!" Son Woosik, Yejin's brother gave the soon to be bride and groom with a smile full of meanings. Hyunbin who knew what he was thinking, signed him to shut up or he will get beaten after the meeting was over.

*****((()))*****

Choi Junyoung walked toward someone who had been waiting for her with a cup of coffee in front of him. She took a seat in front of him giving a serious look.

"How about mine?" she started the conversation without any further slight conversation.

"I am sorry, even I did some overboard good news about you, it couldn't be a trending topic news so far." he slurped his warm coffee lightly.

"What should I do then? You know what kind of news that would be a trending topic, right?" she stated while folding up her arms and put her leg on her lap.

"I don't know. But, one I know is an achievement or making a debut to Hollywood?" he replied calmly.

"How can I?" she sighed disbelief.

"It is better than you drag someone down, though!" he slurped his coffee, chuckling. Choi Junyoung glared at him.

"Excuse me, the one who paid you is me, here!" she replied being irritated.

"Well, or you can make some scandals like you always did?" he finished his coffee and left her, dumbfounded.

*****((()))*****

Jung Woosung was sitting in a chair after the meeting. He read a script handed by his manager. He got another mini-series offer. He sipped a bottle of water and read it meticulously.

"Who gets this script too?" he asked his manager with his soft-calm voice.

"Choi Junyoung." Woosung furrowed his brows trying to remember the name.

"She is also in his agency, though." his manager replied whispering right on his ear.

"Ahhhh... I see... The drama is quite intriguing to me. Let me read it for the whole at home, first!" he closed the script and tried to stand up. But, his manager held him to get seated again.

"You want this drama?" he asked Woosung carefully.

"I don't know!"

"If someone had been in a drama with her, it would be the biggest scandal after that!" his manager was trying hard to convince Woosung not to take the offer.

"Yahh.. everyone should be given a chance to develop themselves up! Don't be that mean! She is also under our agency, though. Even Yejin who was working with me also gets a scandal with me. Is it true? Not at all, right! As well as keep professionalism." Woosung said wisely.

"Are you sure?" he convinced him again.

"The more you convince me, the more I want to work with her to know the truth. At least, this project would help me fill my schedule when my movie with Yejin is being delayed." Woosung replied with his pure smile.

*****((()))*****

Yejin fitted her wedding dress with her mother and soon to be in law while Hyunbin was sitting far from the mothers busying him with his fingers. He got no friend in that case. The mothers and Yejin were in the same group. They waited for Yejin who was standing behind the red curtain trying one by one wedding dress. The curtain was opened and the mothers clapped their hands happily.

"Yejin-ah...you are pretty!" The mothers squeaked in unison while Hyunbin was looking at her pouting his lips. He thought that the wedding dresses she wore were all the same since they were all in white color.

"How about it, Hyunbin-ah?" Hyunbin's mother asked him.

"Uhmm...pretty," he said lazily still playing with his nails.

"Yahh...my head hurts. How can I gave birth to this kind of son?" His mother touched her nape feeling dizzy.

"Yah... Mom.. you ask me, I answer what I thought," he replied.

" At least, you choose which one is better for her." his mother replied, again.

"All is pretty on her, How can I choose one?" he shouted and unconsciously standing up aroused by the situation. But then, he realized what he had said. He gulped his saliva and blinking his eyes, innocently. While the workers beside Yejin were holding their laugh. Not only the workers but also Yejin.

"Am I pretty, Oppa?" she while her body was swaying right and left, shyly. The mothers were satisfied enough with the answer and silently whispering to each other gossiping about him together.

"Forget it!" he sighed and sat on his seat again playing with his nails over again.

******((()))*****

The mothers were walking in front of them after walking out of the boutique. They talked whispering not to get Yejin and Hyunbin attention. Suddenly, they stopped their steps together and turned their body around facing the soon to be bride and groom.

"Hyubin-ah... I am tired. You two should get your rings by yourself. Yejin's mother and I would take a cab first to go home." Hyunbin's mother started massaging her temple, acting like she was really in a pain.

"That's right, Hyunbin-ah! Seems like we are too old already. Aigoo...my back!" Yejin's mother added.

"Why, Mom?" Yejin asked her in worry. But then, Yejin got a wink from her. Hyunbin who was knowing the mother's act just sighed deeply, roaming his sight far.

"Aigooo...TAXII!!" the mothers waved their hand in unison after seeing a cab coming near. Yejin and Hyunbin turned their head behind and seeing a cab stopped right beside them.

"Bye.. kids! Get a good time together!" they went to the cab fast and waving their hand to them who were standing dumbfounded.

"It is no joke! Seems like they want us to get together ..Tsk!" Yejin mumbled and started walking ahead.

"Marriage is no joke and you still need to ask about that?" Hyunbin replied while his hands were putting on his jacket to get warmer. He walked following her pace.

After the mothers were leaving they walked in silence. The marriage was no joke and it gave a big impact on them. They grew more awkward after the marriage was settled. They didn't know to start the conversation like they used to do. They were in deep thought while walking.

"Yejin-ah..."

"Eoh...Oppa?" she replied still watching the road.

"Where will we be living after the marriage? Since, it is not a real one, living with our parents is not a good choice. The choices are between yours and mine." He thought about that for a long time when he chose to agree to the marriage's plan.

"Uhmm...Oppa. Do you need to be mysterious?" Yejin asked him again. She knew him, the one who can't be shot with the spotlight. He was a very private person and it was also her responsibility as the one who needed this marriage first. Hyunbin didn't answer that question and keep walking.

"I read an article days ago. Jung Woosung and I got into a relationship when he was standing in front of my apartment," she added while Hyunbin jaw tightened and sighed his breath, deeply.

"My apartment is sure not a good choice, Oppa." Yejin sighed.

"But, my house is not a good choice too. Since you always broke my things." he giggled.

"Yah, Oppa!" Yejin glared at him.

"Why don't you get married to Jung Woosung? You are his biggest fans even before you step on Entertainment." Hyunbin asked her again out of nowhere.

"I can't, Oppa."

"Why?"

"OH...OPPA tteokbokki.." she pointed something in front of them. Hyunbin looked to where did she point for and cursed.

"Aish." he looked at a petite body who was trying to run out from him. He pulled her collar from behind and dragged her into him.

"YAH.." he looked straight into her while she was roaming her sight a far and pouted her lips.

"Alright, then! You look uglier when you are standing beside him, right?" he pissed off and blurt out nonsense. Whoever would agree to that. The most handsome actor in Korea so far.

"Yahh.. a Oppa." she attacked him with her keen eyes. Hyunbin widened his eyes and grabbed her to come closer to him.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Magazines."Yejin rolled her eyes like a scared cat and folding her lips inside.

"You went to my bedroom!" he stated fast.

"Aisshh... it is okay, we will marry not long after this, though!" she waved her hand calmly distracting his focus. Hyunbin put on a death glare which made her gulping her saliva, nervously.

"YAH, Oppa...UFO!" Yejin pointed the thing behind his back and stupidly he turned his face and lessening up his grab on her. She ran fast from him. The only stupidity she knew about him that would never change even they have grown up well.

*****((()))*****

Someone was sitting in front of his computer typing word by word in enthusiast. With his glasses and an americano beside his worktable. His hand was busying with typing and moving the mouse, ignoring the situation around him.

"Reporter Kim, Who would be your trending topic again next week?" A tall person with his curiousness coming to his worktable. He tiptoed and looking to the monitor again.

"Choi Junyoung??" He added.

"Just see for next week!" Reporter Kim replied without turning his face on him.

"Yah.. scandals again of her? She didn't even have good news to be shown off." He added.

"Not a scandal, she would get the mini-series with Jung Woosung." Reporter Kim kept typing on the computer.

"Ahhh.. no wonder. Whoever stands with Jung Woosung would get a spotlight. But, it is different when he was with Son Yejin, she looked stunning even without him." He mumbled mesmerizing Yejin's beauty. He looked like a hardcore of Son Yejin and knowing every inch of her.

"By the way, I heard that Yejin would be casting for the sequel movie of her and Jung Woosung." He added tilting his head.

"It got delayed. Because of her latest scandals." Reporter Kim added.

"But, you wrote those articles, though!” the man who suddenly realized what he had said stopped for a while and looking at Kim reporter intensely. Don't you say that!" He shut his mouth seeing the change of facial expression and took steps away without any sound.

*****((()))*****

Yejin laid on the couch after picking up her things from Hyunbin's house. The best place for them after the marriage. They would go freely everywhere since he chose the private place and the most important things they got a bedroom for each. They couldnt do that in the parent's house, looking at where the marriage started, it couldnt be impossible if they want them to be locked in a bedroom forever after the marriage.

They prepared for the wedding together include the invitation for relatives and close friends of them by themselves, except artists. It was dangerous for Hyunbin. Hyunbin who was sitting on the floor with his back against the couch, putting the invitation one by one on the envelope and writing the name himself.

"Oppa... Isn't it too private?" Yejin mumbled seeing the invitation were less than a hundred. Hyunbin just kept doing his things and Yejin turned her body to see him closely and put her head above her palms. She watched him who was still silent and she started pulling her head closer to him.

"OPPA" She screamed right beside his ear.

"YAAA.." He squeezed his ear glaring at her. "Forget it if you don't want !" Yejin pouted and laid her head back.

"Oppa....I am sorry." She bit her lips. "...also, Thank you.", she added. She blinked her eyes in deep thought.

"Thank you for this cooperation .. promise I will do anything you want after this. Promise!" She smiled. She knew it, the marriage mostly gave a benefit for her, especially to redeem her scandal. Meanwhile, for him, it was just to make a clear line for that so-called Choi Junyoung who was freakingly wanted him again. As at first, he didn't even care what Choi Junyoung did to him. In conclusion, the marriage gave more benefits to Yejin than Hyunbin.

"Don't make a promise, if you won't do that later!" he mumbled.

"Ummm...I will promise that I will be a good girl for you after this." she started her first bid.

"Tsk. What kind of a good girl do you mean?" He giggled remembering her clumsiness and her ignorance on being polite to him.

"Uhhhmmm.... I will cook for you?" She changed the bid.

"You gave me a burnt spaghetti on my first touch in Seoul after completing my studies overseas." He chuckled shaking his head. The taste was still lingering on his head even after years.

"Right... uhhmmmm... I will clean the plates?" She blurts out her second bid.

"You broke my potter days ago!" He stated without even thinking longer.

"Right...Uhhmmmm... I will clean the house?" She blurts out her last bid.

"I wake up earlier than you." Yejin was deep on thought remembering the parents meeting and he was already at her house even she was still sober.

"Then, what should I do?" Yejin gave up on making a bid. Since, the bids itself, she couldn't do that. They were in their deep thought again. Hyunbin stopped his activities remembering something he didn't want to blurt. The sensitive topic that to be honest would be awkwardly spoken.

"Don't you want to get permission from your father?" He said in a low voice. The statement that shocked her. The words that changed her in a minute. Her heart twitched hearing his sudden question that she wanted to forget forever. She didn't even know, where he was living after she was left by her step-mother in front of an orphanage. 'He might even forget if he had a daughter before' she thought.

"Don't we get our permission already?" She woke up from the couch and walked away from him.

"Parents would still be our parents, even he did bad to us," Hyunbin said it wisely. Yejin wiped her tears and locked the bedroom's door harshly, ignoring his words.

 

-to be continued-

 

Author's note:

Thank you for reading and supporting my beloved readers ^^❤

Let me say something first!

Thank you for your patience on waiting the chapter of my story, it touched my heart ^^

Thank you for bearing my slow update since I am a slow writer (write-revise-write-revise the plot) that is the reason why I took times longer, it is my first reason.

My second reason is I am still in a college, not really in a college. Because now I am a dental co-assistant who also need a practical things not only lectures. So, I am also keeping up with my real-life schedule that is getting busier lately and trying hard to keep on updating at least on Friday ^^

Really wish I can update twice a week like I did in The Binding Angel ^^ But, I will try if I have more spare times ^^ Wish me luck and pray for me to get more spare times ^^

Love you all

Sincerely, Byeol-nim ❤