Chapter 15

Married for Benefit

Chapter 15

Hyunbin worked at the dining table with his netbook on. He looked at the footage in Daegu closely. There were only Yejin, Junyoung, a black suit man whom he didn't know so far, and himself. As far as he remembered, the men in the exhibition were almost using a black suit. Even the workers in his team also were wearing a black suits. He clasped his hands together to his chin replaying the footage while his eyes trying to look out the detail of the black suit man.

'DRRT DRRTTT DRRT'

Yejin's phone was ringing and an unknown number was shown on the screen. His eyes took a glance from the phone and the bathroom door in exchange. The sound of water was still loud echoing from the bathroom indicating that she might take the shower longer. Gingerly, he took the phone in silence.

"Hello..." he greeted the phone as he picked it up.

"Oh, God... Why should you, the one who picks up the call?" The same voice with a voice changer was heard.

"Why?" He smirked.

"You! Go away from my way to get rid of Yejin!!"

"I don't want to ..." he laughed mocking at the caller.

"Don't you pretend as her husband while your wedding was all set up to cover the scandal," the voice raised its tone.

"Seems like you are already tired of sending those terrors?" He teased the voice knocking his fingers on the table, remembering he didn't get any boxes again.

"That's all about you who get rid of my important messages to Yejin!!" The sound of glass was being thrown was heard loudly in the background.

"Yah... How did bloody pictures and dead animals are important messages??? That fishy things were making me nauseous. So, it is my right to get rid of that trash thing."

"YOU!!" another glass was broken and Hyunbin raised his brow getting aroused by the voice's anger.

"Let's meet up and end this in the right way!" Hyunbin insisted.

"I don't have a business with you!"

"I am her husband." Hyunbin gritted his teeth in anger.

"Oh really! Let's hear this!" The voice played a record with voices he knew so far. He scrunched his brows and his grip tightened.

"You, don't you say that you are getting married to him to cover our scandal?"

"I don't..."

"Yejin-ah... please, be honest to me!"

"I did, Sunbae. But it is not only the reason I am getting married to Oppa..."

"Do you love him?"

"I...." 'PRANG'

The record stopped and the voice smirked on the other side.

"How about this? Are you still thinking that your marriage wasn't a set up only?" The voice was mocking at him.

"What do you mean?" He gritted his teeth.

"If I think about this situation, I might make another move which would bring massive effects."

"You..." he slammed the table.

"Ehm... okay, since you are always getting in my way. So, I should take a rest until the movie is being released and taking massive actions. For the change of these days fails and make it fair, Mr. HB Signature's owner? How about this? The movie is released, the scandal of the cast being in a set up marriage to cover the scandal, and the husband is the mysterious HB Signature's owner. What a brilliant!! Thank you so much, my brother-in-law. I can drag her down that easily with those scandals. Ups... it is not a scandal, it is a fact." The voice laughed loudly.

"You!!"

"Bye!" The voice hangs up the phone and he bit his lower lip tightly and sighed his breath deeply. The fact that his in-law knowing all the facts, making his mind in a mess. He d his phone in his pocket and called the name he always called when he needed some information.

In the middle of calling Hwang Yijeong in hurry, the bathroom opened and Yejin was coming out while she was draining her hair with a towel.

"Who is calling, Oppa? I heard you talking all loud while I am showering," she walked toward him and he just put on a slight smile.

"No, just a friend," he replied while his phone was still on his ear.

*****((()))*****

-three weeks later-

Day by day was passed without threats or terrors again. They were still living in Yejin's apartment, act like usual. Playing and mocking like they usually did. They were still working. Yejin with her soon to be released movies needs and Hyunbin with his classes and Exhibition. The last conversation with the caller was still lingering on his mind and it was actually drained him. It always put him in worry and stress sometimes. But, the presence of Yejin who was happily smiling with him faded the terror and he focused on his goal about what their next relationship would be.

And it was D-day. He put his last potter on the shelves before he left his workroom. The day he needed to hear what she would say. Even in the early morning, he was smiling ear to ear imagining what would they do ahead. The time he was waiting for so long. The thing that they should settle soon as a married couple. A married couple with love and sincerity from both sides. He put off the apron and washed his hands. The reflection of the smitten man who was looking at himself in the mirror. A slight curved- lips aroused his confidence before he took the invitation of movie premiere and locked his workroom to go straight to the cinema. The place he promised that he would never go and the place that would be his future. The future decided he should continue the marriage or else. However, his efforts since he lived in Yejin's apartment, gave him hope. Hope about the closeness between them was no longer in a brother-sister relationship.

*****((()))*****

Choi Junyoung came side by side with Jung Woosung and a bunch of cameras spot them in front of the cinema. Even the thing wasn't important to do so. She came like an extra which she wasn't needed there. The spotlight was the one she was searched for and she did it well. They took pictures more than the cast should be taken.

"Go inside yourself, I will go to the place where the casts are gathered," Woosung whispered behind her ear slightly, while the cameramen were still taking the picture of them.

"Alright!" She replied and after they left the bunch of cameras, Woosung went straight to the casts waiting room.

-----

Choi Junyoung went inside the cinema looking for a place to sit. She looked at the space while they were still having a bunch of it. Her eyes roamed through the place and found a man she was familiar with for so long. The corner of her lips raised and slowly she came toward the man. As she predicted, she was taking a seat beside him.

"Haven't you got the invitation? Is it your right place?" Hyunbin asked with a deep voice.

"I don't know that you're coming to the cinema. Didn't you say that you've got a phobia?" She whispered lightly. He tried to wake up from his seat and her hand grabbed his arm. "Don't do that for your wife's safety purpose!" She smirked looking straight into his eyes.

"What do you want to do?"

"I am missing my lover..." she whispered.

The crowd started coming as the premier would begin in minutes, disturbing their conversation. A man came to Junyoung want to take his seat with his invitation.

"I am on the 37th seat. Can we switch the seat?" She smiled sincerely while pointing at the seat up above her.

"But.." the man stuttered.

"Woosung-Oppa wants me to sit beside his brother. And he didn't get the number in a row so I got the 37th. Please!" She smiled showing her sincere smile with her beauty.

"Ah...Right.." he replied but still standing in his place. Junyoung tilted her head aside with a warm smile looking at him. "But, can we..." the man blushed which made Hyunbin sighed in disbelief. The man just didn't know her true self. The man wouldn't do that if he knew her closer.

"Alright, I will give you a selfie. And don't forget to post it on your social media!" She fulfilled the man's wish in instant.

"Yes..??" the man flustered by her words. It wasn't usual but also a good thing for a fan who gets permission to upload their selfie on social media.

"I thought you would post our picture. Don't you?" She asked him which looked like a force.

"Ah...Yes of course Junyoung-ssi," he giggled like a fool and Junyoung hugged the man closer as the man pulled out his phone. They took pictures and the man bowed politely to Junyoung before leaving her. As Hyunbin predicted, she would change her facial expression. The fake facial expression he had known for so long.

-----

The premiere started with a small talk with the casts before the movie was started. The famous comedian woman leads the premiere brightly. She started by coming to the stage first and greeted the crowd. The sequel movie that was rarely brought commotion to the crowd inside the cinema

The premiere's time was begun and started worrying him. Hyunbin stomped his feet impatiently while looking at his watch. The one he was waiting for was still nowhere to be found and he was gaining his heart to get ready for all of her decision. The time is coming to the cinema where they were separated in coming because of her wish that wouldn't make his identity to be leaked out raising his longing for her presence.

The MC started calling the name of the cast as his back straightened on the seat. He clasped his palms together excited to see his wife's appearance. The male lead for the movie started coming with big applause and screams from his fans. The echo filled the room when he waved his hands with a wide smile. But, Hyunbin loses his excitement.

"Hello, I am Chulso from Moment's Sequel, Jung Woosung."

The crowd started rising and it almost explodes in everyone's ears.

"Hello, Jung Woosung-ssi. Long time no see..." the MC pulled out the chance on hugging that famous actor. She also stuck the tongue which made the crowd screams in envy. "Hahaha...You want it??"

"Yes..." the crowd replied.

"No, You can't. Jung Woosung-ssi already has a girlfriend. Where is she? I saw her before .." she mumbled and roamed the crowd and found Junyoung's appearance after looking at her super eye-catching dress. "AH...Hello, Junyoung-ssi, How are you? Do you come here to support Woosung-ssi?" Junyoung stood up in instant and bowed to the crowd with a blushed red she used. A crew came to give Junyoung a microphone to answer the MC.

"Ah...Yes... Hello, I am Junyoung. Honestly, I don't want to overshadow the movie. So, Moment fighting!" She replied as nice as she can which made Hyunbin and Woosung sighed in disbelief.

"Aigoo... How good your girlfriend is, Woosung-ssi. Okay, as she wishes. Moment fighting! Everyone claps."

The crowd clapped loudly as Jung Woosung was taking a seat the crew had prepared before. He gulped a bottle of water while his eyes were glancing to Junyoung who was sitting next to Hyunbin full of meaning. 'Does she plan something?' Her gestures that purposely took a seat next to Hyunbin raised his suspicion.

"Okay, Let's welcome the female lead, Son Yejin-ssi..." the MC called Yejin's name which made Hyunbin's lips curved. After a long-waited, he looked at the woman with a white dress that wrapped her perfectly. Her smile and eye smile while waving to the crowd calling for screams even louder especially the men. He almost dropped his jaw looking at her. Unconditionally, he felt her wife that always bickering to him and else turned into a drop-dead gorgeous goddess he had ever seen. Her way of pulling in her strained hair behind her ear and smile made him blushed. He blushed, even more, when the pair of eyes of her fell on his eyes.

"Hello everyone, I am Sujin from Moment, Son Yejin...."

"Oh...Are you fine?" the MC cut Yejin's greeting. The crowd started rising but not because of the greet but the actress who was sitting on the viewer seat collapsed.

Yejin's eyes leaned at the laid body who fell on Hyunbin's shoulder. He was startled at first since his eyes were still falling at Yejin's, but the collapsed body beside him was ruining his moment. Looking at the crowd that was focusing on him, he couldn't just sit and start lifting the weakly body next to him hurriedly with the help of some audiences that came to him.

Yejin froze at the show in front of her eyes. Her husband lifted another girl with the crowd outside leaving the most memorable moment that she thought she could give to their relationship. Her heart suddenly being throbbed and she hardly held up her tears. The day she would proudly announce her heart to the world with all the wear she prepared for long. But, the one she expected to be there listening to her heart was just leaving with another woman. Even it was caused by accident, she couldn't bear it with her heart. The arising jealousy aroused inside her and her lips trembled hard. She bit her lower lips holding her tears and looked down to the ground when everyone was busying with the collapsed body in the audience's seats.

Woosung looked at Yejin who drastically showing her feeling after Junyoung collapsed from the audience seat. The throbbed heart he felt as he was seeing her slight trembling lips and shaking body holding in her anger.

"Okay... I am sorry for the inconvenience, let's get back to our main stars today," the MC started diverting the focus back to the movie. " Jung Woosung-ssi, Is it okay if you are still here?" The MC asked Jung Woosung as he turned his face to her.

"Let me go out first!" Even for this big occasion, he should try to act like Junyoung's lover. Her fox's mind was ruining his job. He shouldn't agree with that idea of being her lover from the start though. The awkward situation that was also ruined his feeling. He gulped his throat, trying to leaving with weighted steps.

"Okay...., let's go back with Son Yejin-ssi. How are you? How is married life so far?" Woosung's step turned slower after hearing the words.

"Eoh... That's fine.." she replied weakly. Woosung turned his back to see her appearance on the stage after reaching backstage. He could see her blinking eyes in a daze on the stage clearly. He sighed feeling the sudden twitch in his heart. From her gestures he could know, her eyes were only for her husband. The sudden slight shaking body beside him when Junyoung's body collapsed to Hyunbin's shoulder then she was losing her focus. He just knew she didn't do the marriage only to cover up the scandal, but she was serious.

"Does someone special come here, Yejin-ssi? You looked bright when you first come to the stage. Is your husband coming?" the MC tried to lighten the vibe after the incident with some adlibs which might succeed in the event with a remained audience in the place. Woosung turned his body to see what she was trying to say. He only saw her dazing sight from afar before she looked down to the floor.

"No, he isn't ..." she replied weakly before turning her head to the MC hiding her remorse with a slight smile.

Woosung froze by her statement. He knew the presence of her husband even before he was coming. He also noticed her bright smile after coming to the stage and their eyes met endearingly. Just if when Junyoung didn't collapse what will she do. He looked at her with saddened eyes. He knew he just can beat him.

"Ah.... alright...Since the main stars not fully here, should we start the movie first and do the small talk after!" The MC tried to look calm after hearing her unexpected statement as she started flipping the rundown paper. She cleared before changing the rundown's occasion after the sudden accident which made a mess. "Okay, Everyone let' start the movie!

*****((()))*****

After the event, Hyunbin went straight to Yejin's waiting room. His heart thumped waiting for her presence and wanting to hear her explanation about what is happening to the cinema, especially the movie. After a long time of waiting, a glimpse of her appearance was walking toward the waiting room. Her eyes met him but then she diverted her eyes looking to the ground.

"Yejin-ah.." he called her name after she was near with an unbearable wide smile.

"Oh... Why are you still here? Didn't you leave the event early?" She said as diverting her eyes far and walked into her waiting room.

"Let's go home together!" He grabbed her hand.

"Please, don't make a commotion here! I will go home by myself," she said trying to snatch her hand fast, but his grip tightened.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Told you don't make a commotion here! Don't you know the commotion earlier? You knew it though," she said as rising her brow feeling irritated.

"Yejin-ah...I don't understand.."

"Stop it, Oppa! There is a lot of cameras here. Don't make a scene! I am tired."

"What are you saying?"

"I am having a wrap-up party. Please, leave me alone!" She snatched her hand and slammed the waiting room's door harshly.

"Yejin-ah..." he knocked on the door louder hoping she would open the door for him.

"What are you doing?" A familiar man's voice came nearer. There was Jung Woosung with his hands on his pockets after leaving the stage after Yejin.

"Just don't know!" He sighed.

"Is she mad?" Woosung asked knowing his frustrated face.

"I don't even know why she is..."

"I thought every woman would act as her after her husband holding woman other than her," he cut shrugging his shoulders. "Be strong!" He tapped Hyunbin's shoulder giving reassurance.

"Do you know where is the wrap-up party taking place?" He asked looking straight into Woosung's eyes.

"I don't know."

"What??"

"We would do it, but we don't do it today, why?" Woosung asked innocently, but then he realized something as he shook his head. "Ah... married couple's problem! Stay strong, Hyunbin-nim!" He tapped his shoulder and leaving him to his waiting room.

*****((()))*****

"Yejin-ah..." he knocked on the Yejin apartment's door helplessly. After hours of waiting for her in the cinema in his car hoping that she would come out from the event, but suddenly Woosung came and told him that Yejin was already leaving the site earlier. And now he was standing in front of her apartment, being locked and she had already changed the passcode. The day was his precious moment and he was just being locked outside and didn't know when will he can go inside the apartment.

"Yejin-ah... Open the door!" he knocked on the door helplessly. He hit his forehead on the door and kept calling her name.

"YEJIN-AH. THERE IS AN UFO OUTSIDE!" he acted all excited by himself and still he didn't get the answer. He narrowed his eye and sighed deeply regretting what was happening in the cinema.

"Yah, Yejin-ah I am sorry..."

He looked at the passcode and tried to press some number combinations. On the first attempt, he pressed 000000 and he sighed when the passcode was wrong.

" 123456 " he sighed again when it wasn't. He pressed her birthday date again hoping that he made a mistake on pressing before, but he couldn't open it.

"What kind of number you ..." he pressed 654321 and he got nothing.

"What the... I am stupid. Please think Hyunbin-ah..." he mumbled walking back and forth with his index finger scratching his chin.

"Ahhhhhh..." he snapped his fingers with a wide smile. He thought he could open the door. "But, it is impossible!" He tilted his head aside convincing his idea. "Don't you say that..." he pressed a combination number he thought would open the door with an eye being closed. After he clicked the last number he was dazing in awe. He gulped his throat when the door opened knowing the number combination was true.

-to be continued-

Authors note:

Hi my beloved reader ^^

Here is an update ^^

Enjoy the story and meet me again next chapter ^^

And for the last, kindly check my other stories The Binding Angel, Through Their Lenses, and The Luckiest ^^

Sincerely, Byeol-nim