Chapter 4

Married for Benefit

Chapter 4

Potteries filled almost the whole house. Starting from the living room and dining room. The household furniture was made by HB Signature. Yejin was sitting on the chair looking at Hyunbin's back coming back and forth taking and putting the plates after they got a good meal. He didn't let her touch every single thing in his house. Like they agreed before, their decision to stay in Hyunbin's house where there were a bunch of potteries he made, rather than being spotted living on Yejin's house, making him extra careful to protect his babies.

They had moved to Hyunbin's house the day after the wedding to get their free time without the intervention from their parents. In Hyunbin's house, they wouldn't hear wishes or voice, to make them do a couple of things.

Another reason was Hyunbin's work. As a potter, he was glued to his job. His house was big enough which contained two main houses other than apartments. The one was his 'work things only' house, while the other was his privacy. He never let anyone meet him in his main house which was his privacy. He would let someone coming only to his workhouse.

The conference was over and they got a good meal together in the house. Yejin was standing beside him who was cleaning the dishes realizing that she was bored just to see him without doing anything. She put her palms on the cabinet while peeking at the man beside him, glancing at him full of alert. He cleaned the dishes roughly after seeing the conference, at least it was on Yejin's mind. His silence, even it was his nature, but it was different for her after calling him "old-aged-man" at her press conference.

"Oppa, are you still angry?" Yejin pouted seeing at him.

"Huh? Do you even care?" He sighed disbelief after her. He kept cleaning the plates even it was already clean.

"I am sorry," She played front and back playing with her legs. "I will buy you an ice cream then after this." She smiled sheepishly facing him. He turned his face on hers and took another deep sigh.

"Yah .., do you think I am a toddler?" He snorted.

"Yah... Oppa so what do you want, then? You don't want to be called with old, but also you don't want to be called with ...," she stopped her words thinking a very nice word to not making another upset if she leaked his job as a potter. "Young ...," she smiled knowing she had found a good choice.

"Huh ...," he started placing the plates on the shelves, carefully.

"Ahh , I am sorry, Oppa. I won't do that again. You said that you should hide your identity. So, I did that," she lost her patience which should be Hyunbin, the upset one. But, on other hand, she was the one who became upset being ignored by him. She then pushed him away from the sink and took a charge placing the plates, pouting .

"Yah ..., Don't do that!" Hyunbin screamed in horror seeing her started touching the remaining plates from the sink. She smirked knowing he was looking down on her.

"Tsk, If it is just placing the plates, I can do that," she smirked in anger and harshly put the plates on the shelves. Until the last plate slipped from her slippery hand and it broke into pieces on the floor. Ups .., Yejin mumbled widening her eyes and blinking in shock.

"Auuhh ... My head hurts!" Hyunbin grabbed his nape tightly. He was frustrated seeing her and walking back and forth to redeem his anger. And for the last, he fell on the ground with his knees in the front of his body. Yejin reached on his eyes, pleading with her two hands clasping on his knee.

"Oppa ..., I am sorry," she pouted. Hyunbin rubbed his hair until he took a long deep breath trying to calm his anger.

"At least, you had known it yourself, how big the lost I would make after marrying you!" He sighed his breath deeply in a daze, dont know what to do anymore.

*****((()))*****

Jung Woosung and Choi Junyoung started their first script reading with the other supporting casts. The director and the scriptwriter started explaining the project and introducing the casts one by one. The script reading was indeed a smooth one. It lasted after all the casts tried their lines and ended with a big applause. The people started leaving the room minus Jung Woosung and Choi Junyoung. Jung Woosung just took a slight rest and reread his lines while Choi Junyoung started peeking at him. She took a deep breath and took a seat beside him.

"Sunbae-nim, can I take a seat beside you?" She asked him first and getting a slight nodded from Jung Woosung who was focused on the line and practice his lines. Choi Junyoung bit her lips nervously and took a seat beside him.

"Excuse me, sunbae-nim, Can I ask you which kind of tone I should use for this line?" She started the conversation and successfully distracting Jung Woosung's focus on her.

"Where is it?" he said and Junyoung started moving closer to him until her was accidentally touching his elbow. Jung Woosung casually, pulled away from his elbow still thinking it was an accident. He was still keeping his distance from her while Junyoung started pointing her finger on a line.

"I think you did a great job, before," he praised her and gave a slight smile.

"But, I think It is still lacking somewhere I don't know, Sunbae ...," She said as biting her lower lip in purpose. Jung Woosung furrowed his brows just looking at her with an awkward smile, not giving any further response. Suddenly, his phone rang and the screen was showing his manager's name.

"Oh ..., I should pick it up first." Woosung picked up the call.

"Why?" he replied on the phone.

"I am outside the room. There were no people other than me," Jung Woosung turned his face to the door. "Just come out fast! Don't be fooled by her! You can destroy your image in a second," his manager whispered on the phone.

"Alright, then!" He hangs up the call and brought his script and cup of coffee in front of him.

"I am sorry, Junyoung-ssi. I should leave, first. See you next time." He still put on his best smile. Junyoung replied to him with a smile too. But, right after he left, she hit the table hard knowing she was failed on her first attempt.

*****((()))*****

Yejin hugged a middle-aged woman with the nun's uniform. She replied her hug back happily.

"Aigoo ., Yejin-ah, How are you?" her cracked voice brightly greeting the newlywed.

"I am okay, mother. How about you?" Yejin released her hug and put a big smile on her face. She signed by winking her eye on a place where Hyunbin was standing. The nun knew him, the one who will always accompany Yejin to visit the orphanage Yejin was growing up before, when her adoptive brother, Son Woosik couldn't make it.

"Aigoo ..., Hyunbin-ah. Now, you are her husband. Life is a mystery. How can that neighborhood link turn into a marriage, " the nun squeezed his arm happily and he bowed to her lightly.

"Aigoo. I forgot.. take a seat, wife, and husband," she said again as putting her hands on her temples, after realizing they were still standing up in her rooms. The three of them took a seat on the couch. Yejin then shrugged her hand lightly to his arm. Like knowing what was her needed, he took a big paper bag and handed it to the nun in no time.

"It is just a small souvenir from us, mother!" Yejin said happily.

"Thank you, Yejin-ah and Hyunbin-ah! You have helped this orphanage much with your donation. The kids get a good enough from you two," Hyunbin then signed to not saying any further by blinking his eyes and shaking his head behind Yejins back, the nun caught his sign with her peripheral vision. Secretly, Hyunbin also donated to the orphanage from his potteries exhibition. Yejin always warned him not to do that, because, he always donated too much that shouldnt be done by him, to the orphanage.

"You two?" Yejin asked tilting her head.

"Ahh ..., No,.., I mean you, Yejin-ah! Seeing you two are matched, I just can help to say you two." she revised her words with a calm smile. Suddenly, a slight commotion coming from the door, disturbing their small talk. They turned their faces together to the door.

"Yejin-Eonni Can I take a picture with you?" A girl asked Yejin in the name of a bunch of kids who were already missing her in the orphanage. A bunch of kids had grouped in front of the door queueing with excited faces to see the top Korean actress in the house. Yejin then put on a big smile welcoming their excitement.

"Sure, let's go!" She woke up from the couch and walked toward the kids, happily.

-----

They walked around the garden in the orphanage looking at the children who were happily playing together, after the photos session. The boys were playing football and the girls were playing with the jump rope. Hyunbin was walking with his hands behind his back while Yejin was eating ice cream in silence, enjoying the ambiance. The breeze waved sending fresh air and the sound of leaves on the tree as the music.

"Oppa ...," Yejin said after ice cream on her hand.

"Uhm ...," he turned his focus from the kids to her.

"Don't you want to play football with them?" she pointed her index finger to the boys. Hyunbin looked at the boys and turned his face again to her.

"I don't want to ...," he answered still walking ahead. Suddenly, Yejin caught his step by hugging his arm.

"Do you want this?" Yejin handed him an ice cream that was by her before. Hyunbin sighed his breath disbelief and Yejin was smiling ear to ear seeing that he wouldn't reject her wish with that offer.

-----

Hyunbin had folded his sleeves and played with the boys. Yejin sat on the bench with girls who played jump rope before. Yejin and the girls supported the boys from afar with squeaking sounds and big claps.

The boys kept playing the ball full of energy after knowing that they would get a feast meal if they were winning the game against Hyunbin. They didn't give Hyunbin many times to control the ball and Hyunbin gladly giving the chance to the boys and took a step back not to make them lose the game. The scream started rising when the goal was made by the boys. Hyunbin ran around the field with a bright smile and seeing her face from afar. Her face showed the purest smile supporting the boy's team while her hand was still holding the ice cream stick happily. The childish bright face that made him tugging his corner lips into a slight smile.

*****((()))*****

"What is it? Hwang Reporter?" a man's voice was heard in another line. Hwang reporter was sitting on his seat while his legs sprawled on his work table, swaying his chair with his pen on his ear.

"I think Kim Reporter is really into her. I don't know, but I feel that he will do something soon," Hwang Reporter replied.

"He is paid by someone," he sighed deeply. "I think so. But, I don't know someone who paid him ...," Hwang Reporter replied furrowing his brows.

"Can you check about the positive articles he had written? Seems like I know who is the one, but, I am still not sure about this. Don't you want to check that out for me?" Hwang reporter jumped down his legs and went closer to his screen. He searched for all the articles which had been written by him.

"I see ..., Isn't it too much for revelation who is paying him?" Hwang reporter scrolled the page from the very front and checked that to the last page.

"Even I am just seeing the latest pages, I knew who is standing beside him." Hwang reporter added after taking minutes to scroll the pages.

"I am thinking about that too." The man sighed.

"Isn't it too much? Even the scandals she was in, he didn't even write that." Hwang reporter who was always following the celebrity life's news started scratching his chin.

"Help me, please!" The man replied.

"It is interesting. What is the connection between Kim reporter with Choi Junyoung?" Hwang reporter tugged a smile. "Thanks for the hint."

*****((()))*****

Yejin bowed lightly to everyone in the orphanage who were readily escorted her to the car. The night had come and they should end their meeting with her past family. They had a good time together even for a short time. Playing with the orphans and having a good meal together like a family, showing their sorry for not inviting them to their wedding since it was a rushed wedding. They put their wedding for privacy and now they were coming to show their gratitude to the place Yejin was living before.

"Mother, kids I am going home. Byee.." Yejin waved her hand while walking toward the car. Hyunbin who was already in the car also waved his hand to the kids with a big smile.

"Be Careful ...!" They shouted while waving their hand until Yejin entered the car.

-----

Hyunbin drove the car with his eyes fixed on the road. Yejin who was happy that day kept smiling ear to ear looking at him.

"Why are you staring at me? Have already fallen for me?" Hyunbin who kept steering the wheel and busily looking to the side mirror.

"Thank you, Oppa! You are so cool, today," she replied sincerely. He just kept silent and still driving the car.

The situation became awkward after she said that. The words that would never come out from her lips. They tend to bicker other than praising each other. On other hand, the whole day activities had drained them and shut their mouths which made the situation more awkward.

"Oppa, just If, you find your loved ones in the future, what will you do? Introduce me as neighbor's little sister or ex-wife?" she blurted out the words out of nowhere.

"Are you planning to get a divorce this fast?" He mumbled still steering the wheel.

"It just, I feel that you get all that husband's materials already. And for your ages right now, it is impossible that you haven't loved someone." She added again looking at the road sighing her breath deeply.

He would turn thirty-five that year and already got everything on his hand. His potteries got massive attention from Korea also overseas. Even he didn't do anything for the whole year, he would still get a good living. No, revised it was a luxury living. She knew him for years and it was impossible she didn't know every single thing about him. Instead of showing himself, he hid in a very normal person without anything branded glued on him, except for his house that filled with luxury HB Signature's potteries which were his own making. Girls would never reject him if they knew him. But, he never showed it to them, except Choi Junyoung who accidentally knew him as HB Signature's owner from the very first.

"I do ...," he replied fast.

"Then why didn't you propose to her?" Yejin asked him.

"And you just ask me after you get married to me?? Huh ...," He replied in a plain tone, heartless.

"No, I think ...," she stuttered didn't know what to say.

"She loves another man ...," He stopped her in instant.

"Ahh ... She isn't Choi Junyoung, right?" Yejin sighed.

"How do you know if she isn't Choi Junyoung?" He stopped his car when the red light was shown.

"You would never...," she said narrowing her eyes and waving her index finger in a firm tone. "Agree to marry me in an instant after Choi Junyoung came." she smiled showing her crescent eyes, feeling satisfied. Hyunbin just saw her in a daze.

"Proud of yourself?" he sighed.

"Am I right?" She faced him proudly.

"Whatever ...," he sighed seeing the light turned into green. He drove the car again while Yejin still being bubbly.

"Is she pretty?" She added.

"Pretty ...," He said fast.

"Is she pretty than me?" She asked the same question with a different vibe. Hyunbin looked at her and choked his throat, shocking by her blunt question.

"Uhm ...," he giggled shaking his head.

"Yah ... Oppa be serious!" She whined while Hyunbin was just holding his laughter.

"I bet the man is more handsome than you, so you scare to ask her out," Yejin smirked after finding excellent words to piss him off.

"YAH ...," he glared at her while she was sticking out her tongue, happily. Suddenly, her phone rang and she picked the phone in a minute with her palm was raised in front of his face, stopping his death glare from destroying her pretty face.

"Ne...Yoon Daepyo...What is it?" Yejin asked the one who phoned her. After seconds, Yejin's facial expression changed after hearing his voice saying something she didn't want to hear.

"Again?? I know ...," she ended the phone fast.

****((()))*****

Hyunbin was already getting a fresh shower, drying his hair with a towel. He took a glance into Yejin's room. He worried after seeing her daze look after picking up the phone. She stopped being bubbly and choose to get sleep in the car. He sighed deeply and tried to tiptoe to her room. He wanted to knock, but suddenly he heard sobs inside the room. He stopped his hand and tried to open the door lightly which luckily it wasn't locked.

He saw her petite body was covered with a blanket and she just sat with her back against the head of the bed and putting her head hiding between her knees. Seeing her shaking shoulders strangely twitched him. He walked toward her and taking a seat beside her on the bed.

"Why?" he asked her, softly.

"No, Oppa ... I am fine," she kept sobbing on her knees.

"You are still being like that." he sighed knowing that she was always hiding her problems by herself. He put his hand around her shoulder, hugging her and patting it lightly. Yejin sobbed hardly after feeling his pat. The pat that always reassured her and saying like shout it out louder since then. She hugged him and cried on his hug loudly.

"Did I do something wrong? Why everything seems so hard to me?" She cried loudly on his hug.

"Why?" He sighed.

"Yejin abandoned her biological father, Yejin rushed marriage because she is pregnant, Yejin played with Jung Woosung, Yejin the player, Yejin... ." she sobbed started rising while she uttered the words. She couldn't continue the other words which hurt her more. His jaw tightened hearing the harsh words. He hugged her and rubbed her shoulder, giving strength to the strongest in a silent yet happy person on his embrace. She kept the news by herself all without someone noticing. The bright eye smile that hid her problems neatly.

"Biological father?" She mumbled on his hug. His new clothing was wet with her tears by now. Hyunbin knew it and no need explanation for that. He sighed his breath.

"Just let it out for now!" He asked her and she cried louder after he said that. Hiding her problems by herself inside that laughter, crescent eye smile, and her harsh words. But, deep inside, she was also hurt too. She was still a woman with a soft heart too.

"Oppa ... I am tired ...," she let out her tears. The scandals and rumors would give a big impact on her. She lost her offers just minutes ago. All the commercial offers she already signed in, suddenly canceled several movie and drama offers had been canceled from the first-ever scandal she had, and it continued with her commercial film. The plan she would use to redeem the Jung Woosung scandals before the new filming movie with him was started. She lost it in just a minute.

"It is okay if you're tired, it is normal. Just take steps back for a moment to get a rest, before you start with the new you ...," he said softly after she was calming down.

"You too?" she asked him.

"I did that too," he replied. Yejin sobbed and wiped her mucous with the nearest fabric which was his clothing he just changed after getting a shower.

"SHHIIIITT!" he tried to scream seeing his clothes wet with her mucous and cupping his face with his free palm. Yejin turned her face to look into him with a scarred face. Her eyes started welling tears and her lips were trembling again.

"??" She sobbed being sorry for she had done and wiping the clothe feeling wrong. Hyunbin couldn't help seeing her tears just folding his lips inside and close his eyes tightly, calming himself down.

"Noo ... I mean ssssttttt ...," he said to sob Yejin with a creepy smile. Yejin sobbed again on his clothes while he kept patting her arm lightly and taking deep breaths. 'Be patient! You still have tomorrow to hit her up!' he kept repeating on his heart. Yejin cried louder on his hug again letting out her grudges.

"Ssssstttttt.." he exhaled his breath, patting her arm.

-to be continued-

 

Author’s note:

Hi my lovely readers ^^

I want to say , Congratulation for Binnie ^^

Hope you will like this chapter ^^

Thanks for supporting through comments and votes ^^

See you on Friday ^^

For the last, kindly check my other stories The Binding Angel, Through Their Lenses and The Luckiest ^^