SMILE 18

Smile For Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The idol got an offer as second female lead for a movie. This is Seulgi first experience debut as an actress. She's got more popular so the director personally cast her for the role. She passed the audition with overwhelmed praise from director and the script writer for her outstanding talent. It's a love story movie. Even only as the second female lead, Seulgi tend to always giving her best in everything she do. 

It's been a week since she start shooting for the movie. She is practicing her script reading in living room that night. It's the scene where she need to confess her love to the male lead. Seulgi never confess her love to anyone before so she had a hard time to convey the right emotion. She only receive confession from someone but never give one. She tried for the nth time but failed. She bury her face into the script and whines. 

"This is so hard", she whines.

At the same time, Irene steps out from her room when feel thirsty. She walking towards kitchen and get a glass. She pour cold water into it and she chug the water slowly to calm her thirsty throat. She turn around and see Seulgi sitting on floor across tea table in living room. She wash the glass and put it back to it's original place. She approach the younger. 

"Are you practicing your script reading?", she said break the silence. 

Seulgi separate her face from the script and lift her head looking at the voice source. She pouted.

"What's wrong?", Irene asked and take her seat on couch behind Seulgi. 

"This is so hard", the idol whining.

"Which scene you practicing?" 

"This one" , Seulgi show her script to her manager. Irene take it. The older read it with her full focus. 

"This scene need two people to act together to get the right emotion. I'll help you", she said.

Seulgi smile. "Really?", she ask anticipating. A bit happy since Irene will help her. Maybe she can do it right if there's someone acting with her. 

Irene nod. "Let's start? Then you can sleep after that. You look sleepy".

Seulgi nod weakly. "I am".

Seulgi rose from the floor and take her seat besides Irene. They adjust their seat and now facing each other. "I'll start".

Seulgi close her eyes and inhale deeply. Trying to get into the character. She open her eyes and look into Irene's eyes deeply. They locking eyes. 

"I love you Taemin-ssi. Why can't you love me like I love you?"

"Lack of emotion. Do it again" , Irene commented.

"I love you Taemin-ssi. Why can't you love me like I love you?"

"Again Seulgi. You need to imagine that you talking to someone that you love", the older said. 

"Imagine that I talk to someone that I love". Seulgi close her eyes and imagine Irene's face. She open her eyes slowly and locking her eyes again with Irene's. This time her stares full of love and deeper than earlier. 

"I love you Taemin-ssi. Why can't you love me like I love you?", she recite her dialogue.

Irene divert her eyes from Seulgi's and read the script "I don't love you. You should know that my heart is always for Soojung".

"She's gone. Why can't you give me chance to prove my love to you?",the idol said emotionally. She totally immersed into her character.

"Stop it. Nothing can't change it. Not you, not anyone"

"Taemin-ssi", Seulgi called. She stretch out her hand and reach for Irene's face. Irene didn't move since it's written in the script. She cupping Irene's right cheek and caressing it gently. Irene blushing by the younger action but she need to keep her focus.

"I love you. Please don't leave me", Seulgi pleading. She lean forward. Her eyes teary and full of sadness. She close their distance in slow motion. An inch, another inch. 

Seulgi is totally immersed into her character. She lean forward and didn't have any intention to stop when everything suddenly turn silence and she can only see Irene face infront her. Irene's brown orbs absorbing her. She's lured by that beautiful eyes. She lean more forward and Irene also not moving. Neither them bother to move and break the moment. Both lost into each other eyes. Their face only few inch from each other.

"I love you", Seulgi utter it softly. That words make Irene's heart racing so fast. Seulgi's breath brushing against her face.  The younger tilting her head. Their lips will connect anytime soon if Seulgi keep moving forward. They lost in their own world when suddenly Irene snap from it.

"Seulgi", she softly called. 

Irene's voice bring Seulgi back to reality. She stop from leaning forward. She blink. Irene do the same. Irene's long eyelashes almost brushing the younger's face. She blushing from their extremely close proximity. She pull back and clear . She scratching her nape. 

"I guess this is how I should do, right?", she said awkwardly. She really sure that she must look like a tomato now. "And, you suppose to push me. It's written in the script", she added. 

"Sorry, I forgot", Irene whispered. Her cheek so red now. She look like a steamed bun. Her heart still beating like crazy. She afraid Seulgi might hear it.

"Aww, why so hot?", Seulgi said and fanning her body with her shirt. "Umm, I going to bed now. I'm so sleepy", she nervously said and rose up from her seat. 

"Uh, yes. I'm sleepy too", the older said. She put down Seulgi's script on the tea table in front her. 

"Umm, thanks for helping me. Good night Irene", Seulgi said and quickly walk towards her room. She not waiting for Irene's reply and quickly lock the door behind her. She leaning her back on the door. She place her hand on her heart. Little that Irene's know, Seulgi's heart beating as fast as Irene's and it's seems that her heart might burst anytime soon.

"You must be crazy Kang Seulgi", she muttered. 

-----

Seulgi open her eyes when her alarm went off. She grab her phone. She stares at her room ceiling and last night scene playing inside her mind. Irene look so much prettier from up close and her pinkish tinted cheek made Seulgi almost lost her control. Her cheek heated up just thinking about how they almost have their first kiss if Irene didn't call for her that time. Irene also didn't move, did she expecting Seulgi to continue her move? She place her hand on her heart. 

"Calm down heart. Let's act normal", she said. She pull up her body from the her bed after few minutes daydreaming. She has movie shooting today, so she need to get ready. She do her morning routine. When she step out from her room, she bump into Irene who also just come out from her room. 

"Good morning", the idol greeted her manager. Slightly awkward because of last night event. 

Irene smile shyly. "Good morning to you too, Seulgi", she replied and close the door behind her. 

They walk towards kitchen to make breakfast. Irene put on an apron and tie her hair into a messy bun. Seulgi saw that and Irene look really y this morning because of her now exposed neck. She gulp and divert her attention to other side to avoid staring at the older. 

"What do want to eat?", the older ask. 

"Just a simple breakfast. I don't have much appetite today. Scramble egg and bacon, maybe?" , the idol replied and take a few glance at the older. 

"Okay", the older replied and walk towards the fridge and take out some bacon. 

"Do you want some help?", the idol ask and approaching her manager. 

"It's okay, you can sit there. I will finish this soon", Irene said and smile. 

Seulgi heart skip a beat when she saw that smile.

You are dead Kang Seulgi, her silent mind said.

Seulgi take her seat at the kitchen counter and she observing Irens's every movement. Thankfully their breakfast end without much hassle. Both girls prepare themselves for work after they finish eating. They act normally today and mentally decided to not say anything about last night to avoid awkwardness between them. 

They now at movie set for Seulgi's shooting. The assistant director call for her and inform her that they will start her scene now. Seulgi is reenacting her dialogue which she pratice with Irene yesterday. She imagine that she talking to Irene. Irene is observing the idol. Seulgi doing so well. She convey the right emotion that needed. She blushing when she remember last night moment. Seulgi was so close to her. They never being that close before. She remember how she trailed down from the younger eyelashes, her monolid eyes, her pointed nose, her lips as Seulgi leaning closer to her. Seulgi is really pretty. She admit it. They were so close and she remember how Seulgi's breath brushed on her face and Seulgi's citrus invaded her olfactory system.

Seulgi approach her manager after she done with her scene. Irene is staring at her without blink. The older is blushing. Her cheek so red. 

"Eonni, why you so red?", she asked. 

Irene remain silent and her eyes never left the idol's face. 

Seulgi waving her hand in front Irene's face to wake her. Still no response. Then she smirk, thinking of something mischievous. She lean closer to Irene's ear. 

"Love what you see, Irene-ssi?", she said with her deep voice. 

Irene wake up from her reverie when she heard Seulgi's voice super close to her ear. She taken aback on how close Seulgi is. So close. She push Seulgi back playfully. "Yah. Too close".

Seulgi let out a small laugh. Teasing the older. "You're daydreaming. I just teased you. And you're so red", the idol said. 

"Am I?", Irene suprised. She take out her phone and open camera apps to see her face. She indeed so red. She take a water bottle and drink some water to calm her nerves. 

Seulgi smiles.

"I'm done. Let's go?", she said. Irene nod. They bow at the production staffs and steps out from the set. Seulgi need to drive her own car today because Seok Jin have something to do. So they walking towards Seulgi's car. They slip inside the car. Seulgi switch on the engine. She suddenly remember that she invited Seungwan for dinner tonight. Just wanna hangout with her bestfriend because she too busy for these past few months and that girl had pestered her and tell her she want to see the idol. So she decided to cook for her tonight. 

"I almost forgot", she said break the silence. 

Irene hum questioning.

"I invite Seungwan for dinner tonight. You know, she keep pestering me and said I forgot about her when I didn't see her for months now. So I decided to cook for her tonight. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. I forgot", she explained and give her usual hehe smile. 

"It's okay. It's your house. And I missed her too", the older replied. "So what you gonna cook?", she asked. 

Seulgi grin. "We'll see later. For now, let's go shopping", she replied. 

-----

Seungwan arrive at her bestfriend's house floor. She steps out from the elevator with a plastic bag full of snacks and drinks. She walking towards Seulgi house. She ring the bell and wait for Seulgi. She ring it again after no answer for few minutes. She frown. 

"Is she not home? Did she forget?", she murmured. She take our her phone from her handbag with her free hand. She unlock her phone and search for Seulgi's number. Her bestfriend pick up after few ringing. 

"Yah KangSeul, where are you? I already here", she whines. 

She listen to Seulgi intentively before replied "Okay then. Hurry up. This plastic so heavy",she said. She silence for awhile indicating that Seulgi is talking. "Do you think I will come here empty handed? Just hurry up. Okay", she hang up. 

Meanwhile at Seulgi car. 

"Seungwan is already here", the idol said after she put her phone inside her pocket and kill the engine. She slip out from her car and get all stuff they bought from supermarket. Irene step out from the car. She attempt to help Seulgi, but Seulgi said she got it. She just need to help her lock her car. Irene obeyed. They quickly walk towards elevator and push button to their house floor. 

Ding. They arrive after few minutes. They step out from the elevator and walk towards Seulgi's house. Seulgi feel quilty as she saw Seungwan leaning her back to her house front door. 

"Seungwan ah", she called. 

Seungwan turn her head to the voice source. "Yah, why so many?", she asked as she saw Seulgi full hand. Seulgi just replied her will her innocent smile. 

Seungwan turn to Irene. "Eonni, annyeong. How are you?", she said with her bright smile and waving at the older. 

Irene smile "I'm fine. You?". 

"I'm good", the younger replied. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but my hands almost broke. Can you, please?", the idol said and signalling Irene to open the door for her. 

"I'm sorry", Irene quickly get keys from her bag and unlock the door. She twist the doorknob and push the door to give way to Seulgi. Seulgi quicken her steps to kitchen and put all the ingredient on the kitchen counter. Seulgi stretching her hands and finger after free them from all the plastics. 

Irene and Seungwan come after that. Seungwan put the stuff she bought on the tea table. She make herself comfortable and sit on the couch. 

"Did you wait long Seungwan ah?", Seulgi ask from the kitchen. 

"Not really"

"Make yourself comfortable. I will cook as fast as I can", the idol said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter