SMILE 11

Smile For Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 Years ago 

Joohyun leave the cemetary with her weak body. She was soaked after being under rain for almost 3 hours. She loss hope and walking without any destination. She only has one wish during that time. She want to be with her parents. She want to see them. She walk and walk until she reach sea. She sit on sand and look at the sea. It was peaceful there without any human being. She staring at the sky which she really loves and said "Wait for me mom,dad". After she said that, she stand on her feet and slowly walk to the sea. She walk until she feel the water level reached her knee, her waist after few second, her chest, her shoulder and she no longer see anything. Her body was fully in the water. She close her eyes and think "This is the end". Sea water start invading her respiratory system, her nose, and her ears. She drowning. But she didn't bother to safe herself until everything turn black. 

PRESENT

Today is her Debut Day. Seulgi feel so nervous because this is the first time she will sing on a stage with so many audience. She do her last check on her outfit and her microphone. She want to make this moment her best moment. She will remember this for her whole life. She hear MC call her name and she take her last deep breath before she walk on stage and start performing her debut song which she wrote it by her own. 'Don't Push Me' , is her song title. It is a ballad song with full of emotion in it. Everyone was immersed in her singing. She delivered her emotion very well. She saw audience mouth agape while some of them are closing their eyes to enjoy her song. Once she end her performance, everyone remain quiet the suddenly they clap for her. It was a loud clap from them. She feel so proud with herself. She bow and exit the stage. She feel like crying. A happiness cry. She hope it will delivered to that person too. To the one who she think when she sing the song. She mentally patted herself. 

Congratulation Kang Seulgi. You made it.

-------

Meanwhile at convenient store, Irene overwhelmed with happiness and sadness after Seulgi end her performance. She watch Seulgi debut stage on her phone. Few days ago, Seulgi came to the store to give her teokbokki but Irene was not there. Seulgi asked Jungkook to give her the food with a small yellow paper note. 

Hi there. It's been a long time since we talk. I just want to tell you, I'm gonna make my debut this Friday, don't forget to watch my performance. I hope you will watch it. There's something I want to show you -

ㄱㅅㄱ

So here is Irene to fullfil Seulgi wish. She was so nervous when the MC call Seulgi to perform. Seulgi look pretty in her white dress. It is the first time she saw Seulgi wear make up. It was different to her usual outfit. Black hoodie, black cap, rip jeans and black face mask. She look so pretty without her black cap on her head. She saw Seulgi took a deep breath before she start sing. Irene read the song title 'Don't Push Me'. Why the title somehow related to her? She saw Seulgi sing the song with her full emotion and there's a time when Seulgi look straight at the camera, Irene feels like she was looking at her. There was sadness in Seulgi eyes. She suddenly feel guilty for pushed Seulgi before and not be her friend. But did she deserve to be happy? Will she be happy again? She want to call Seulgi and congratulate her but she feel shy to do that.

----
Seulgi is back to her apartment. Her manager leave her after he congratulate her and tell her to take plenty rest because she gonna be so busy tomorrow for her performance. She sit at patio after taking her shower. She wrap her cold body with a blanket. She staring at starry night sky. It's being awhile since she has chance to have this kind of time, staring at sky which connected her and Joohyun. Is so peaceful. Today was like a dream to her. She remember when he received congratulatory wishes from her mother and Seungwan.

Seulgi called her mother after she finished her show. Her mother so proud of her. She praise her for her beauty in her white dress. She told her to take care of herself and don't push herself too much. Seulgi crying in happiness after her mum end the call. She missed her mother so much. She's her only family after her father passed away 4 years ago. She asked her mother to live with her in Seoul, but she said she doesn't want to burden Seulgi, plus she need to take care of their family restaurant at Daegu, so she decided she will stay at Daegu instead. Although Seulgi always visit her in Daegu, but she still feel empty without her mother by her side. Seungwan called her and said how she proud of her and happy because she is a singer bestfriend now. She said she will ask for Seulgi autograph while her autograph still free and she want to hang it at her house. She said she now searching for their photo together as proof in case Seulgi forget about her later. Seulgi laughed at her bestfriend silly plan and said she will not gonna forget her bestfriend forever. Seulgi will always remember how Seungwan always by her side since her first day in high school, when Joohyun disappear, after her father passed away, when she struggled in life and until now. Seungwan is a sister to her. Even her mother asked Seungwan to call her 'Mom' instead of 'Ahjumma'. She so blessed to have Seungwan.

Today is her special day, but she feel a bit empty. She actually waiting for specific person congratulatory wish. She keep staring at her phone. She is waiting for Irene to congratulate her. She want to call Irene, but she doesn't have her number.

"Did she watch my performance?", she sighed. She tighten her hug on her body. It seems a lot colder than usual. Or maybe because her heart feel so cold right now?

---

Seulgi was so busy with her schedules and her showcases so she didn't see Irene for almost 2 weeks now. She always attend her schedule at early morning and get home at very late night. She need to get use with her new life now. She already expected this when she decided to accept Joy offer that day. Sometimes she will asked Seungwan to help checking on Irene. In case anything happen to her. She look at Irene photos on her phone. 

Seungwan be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter