SMILE 13

Smile For Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 Years Ago, Beach

Joohyun feel someone hitting her on her face repeatedly and there’s voice keep saying “Please, please, please”. There’s a desperation in the voice.

Am I dead?, Joohyun said in her mind.

Joohyun suddenly coughing and water escaped from . She feel suffocated. She keep gasping for air while she coughing. 

“Student, are you okay?”, said a voice besides Joohyun.

Joohyun open her heavy eyes slowly. The feel a hand helping her to sit. She turn her head around and saw a woman kneeled while helping her.

“Dad, is she okay?”, a small girl asked while her eyes still on Joohyun.

“Student, are you okay?”, the older man asked. 
Joohyun remain silent. 

“Honey, lets bring her to hospital”, the older woman said after observing Joohyun. She help Joohyun to stand on her feet. Joohyun weakly rips the older woman’s hand from hers. She walking leaving the family even though she hear them calling for her.

Why you don't let me die?

-------
 

PRESENT

Seulgi eyeing Yeri who come with two cups of coffee on the tray in her hand. Yeri placed the cups on the table at her front. Yeri left after bowing to the older girls. 

“Please drink Seulgi ssii”, Joy leaning forward to get her cup. Seulgi followed and get hers.

“So how is your work? Is everything okay?”, Joy asked after she take a sip of her coffee. 

Seulgi lift her head from her coffee and turn to the taller girl.

“Yes. Everything is okay”, she simply replied.

“I proud of you. I’ve told you before that you gonna be famous in less than a year. But I didn’t expect that will happen so soon. You gain so much fans in less than 6 months and you popularity now.. wow”, Joy said. Well, truthfully she is proud of herself because her eyes never failed to judge someone talent. She so confident when she proposed Seulgi to become their singer before because she saw talent in the older girl.    

“Thank you. Is happen because of you”, Seulgi humbly replied. She put down her cup on the table back.

Joy smiled. She put her cup on the coffee table and rose from her seat and walk towards her work table. She take something and walk towards Seulgi again and sit on her previous seat.

“I believe your manager had told you the main reason why I asked to meet you today”, Joy calmly said. 

Seulgi nervously nod. “Yes, he told me yesterday”

Joy eyeing the nervous Seulgi in front her and put an envelope on the table and asked Seulgi to open it. Seulgi shocked when she saw the envelope's content. It was her and Irene’s pictures from last Sunday when they’re on their friendly ‘date’.

“Look here Seulgi eonni..” 

Seulgi turn to the girl who sit across her.

“I can call you eonni, right?”, she gives her sweetest smile to the nervous girl. Seulgi nod indicating that she is okay with that.

“Look here eonni. We are not here to blame you on what happen. Well we know is your right to go anywhere with anyone you like. But as you know, you’re our face right now and every media attention are on you right now. I hope you understand”, Joy carefully explain. She doesn’t want to put any blame on the older shoulder. Since she was the one who drag her in this situation. 

Seulgi slowly nod. “I’m sorry Joy, I should think thoroughly before I made any decision. I thought I was careful enough that day, but turn out I was wrong”, she turned to the representative and said.  

“Is she your girlfriend?”, Joy bluntly asked and Seulgi surprised by the question. “Well, you look close but I don’t think she is you siblings since she didn’t resemble you. Don’t worry, I don’t discriminate anyone. I’m cool if she is your girlfriend”, she added.

“No. She is a friend of mine. An important one”, Seulgi replied. She said it with confident in hope Joy will believe her.

“Well, actually I’ve explained to the reporter that she is your new manager and she accompany you that day”, Joy smiled. Seulgi surprised by Joy words.

“Don’t be so surprised Eonni. It is safe like that. Plus you do need a new manager now since you got so many job offer nowadays and I don’t think your current manager can handle it alone. So I think I want to take her as you new manager”, Joy explained while leaning her back to the brown couch.

Irene as my manager? She still not comfortable with others right now.

“I don’t think she will accept the offer Joy. Since, you know..she’s not very comfortable with other people”, Seulgi said. She don’t think she will ask Irene to take this offer. She hope they can come out with other solution. If possible.

“I don’t think we can do anything other than that eonni. Since I already told the reporter about her is your manager. We don’t want them to release any news about we lie to them, right?”

Seulgi silent. She’s contemplating right now. Well, Joy is right. 

“Do you want me to tell her myself?”, Joy asked after she saw the idol didn’t say anything for seconds now.

“It’s okay. Can you let me explain to her first?”, Seulgi nervously replied. She don’t want Joy to approach Irene before she explain the situation to the older. 

“Sure, let me know later. We need to do this to convince the media”

-----

Seulgi is walk Irene to her work as usual. They walk side by side. Irene saw black plastic bag in Seulgi right hand. She glance at the younger girl besides her. Seulgi is awfully silent compare to her usual self. She looks like she is in a deep thinking.

Is she tired?, Irene think.

“Seulgi ya”, Irene sofly called. While her eyes still gazing on the taller. Seulgi turn to the older. It is rare for Irene to start the conversation. It was always Seulgi who start it.

“Yes?”, she replied. 

“Are you okay?”, Irene softly asked. She fidgeting with her hands.

Seulgi smiled when she saw Irene cute face. “I’m okay. Why?”

Irene shake her head to right and left slowly. “You look tired and..you look so deep in thought”, she replied.

Am I too obvious?

“It’s okay. I’m not tired. It just I have something to think about. Don’t worry okay”, she replied softly and pat Irene head. She give her eye smile to ease the older. Irene nod and look at her front. Hopefully Seulgi didn’t see her face turn red.

Maybe I should ask her. Well, is not a bad offer actually. Plus we can have some extra time together.

“Irene ah, may I ask you something?”, Seulgi look at Irene.

Irene look nervous. “Yes”

“How long have you been working at the store?”,
Irene look at Seulgi quizzically. Wondering why Seulgi suddenly asked her that.

Seulgi her nape nervously. “I mean. I just want to ask you if you’re interested to any job offer”.
Irene didn’t answer, but she look at Seulgi softly instead. She know Seulgi must have her own reason to ask her that. Seulgi seem so off tonight.

“What happened? You can tell me. I’m not good with word, but still..you can tell me. I will listen to you”, she concernedly asked. Her eyes looking straight at the taller eyes.

Seulgi gulped. She don’t know whether is a good decision to ask Irene about it. She avert her eyes. Is hard to stare at Irene’s eyes right now.

She let out a light sigh. “Someone took our picture last Sunday. And my agency told them that you’re my manager and they want to offer you a job. As my manager”, Seulgi said. Her eyes still at her front. No response from the older.

“I’m sorry for dragging you into my p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter