SMILE 10

Smile For Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi is waiting for Irene to finish her shift that morning. She sat down in a cafe near to the convenience store. She saw Irene walked passed by the cafe and she follow her. She make sure she follow her from a safe distance, don't want to startle the older. Irene look so tired, Seulgi can saw it even from her backside. They passed by around 2 neighbourhood after almost 30 minutes walking.

Did she always walk this far? Why she didn't take a bus?, Seulgi thought.

Seulgi keep following Irene. Still in the safe distance. Suddenly she can saw Irene stopped and she look hesitated. She take a few steps forward then she stopped. Then she take a few steps backwards. She go back and forth for many times. She keep staring at one direction. Seulgi eyes follow the direction and she saw there was a dog tied on a post just few meter from Irene. The dog barking at her. Irene crouched and she shook her head for many times. After few minutes, she saw Irene stand on her full height and took another road. Seulgi followed her.

It takes another 15 minutes before they arrived at Irene's house. She saw Irene enter her house. It is a studio size house. 

Did she live alone? Where are her parents? I never saw anyone in her house in Daegu.

Seulgi staying there for another few minutes before she leave. She took the road which Irene didn't take before and she approach the dog.

____

Meanwhile in Irene house, she approach her parents photo.

"I'm home, mom, dad", she smiled weakly. She sit in front of the table. "You know mom, there's someone being so nice to me recently. She said she want to be my friend. She saved me, treated me. But...I don't think I deserve to be her friend. I don't deserve to be happy after what I done to you mom, dad", tears forming in her eyes. "But....I don't want to hurt her too. She so kind...and warm. What should I do?", she hug her body and start sobbing. 

Her mind flied back to few days before at convenience store. She just arrived for her night shift when Jungkook talk to her. 

"Noona, I saw you this morning" , he said.

Irene raised her brow, confused.

"So you do know her", he added.

Irene still look at him confusedly.

"That girl who help you before when you sick. She's your friend. I saw you two walk together this morning", Jungkook said. 

Irene furrowed her brow to remember the incident. She suddenly remember that Seulgi was the last person she met that night when she fainted. Why she didn't remember it before. That citrus scent. She smell it too when she asked the one who help her to not call 112. It was Seulgi. She saved her. Not once but twice. Yet she paid her with a yell and push her away when Seulgi want to be her friend.

Irene contemplating whether she want to call Seulgi or not and apologise to her about last day incident. She gazing at small note given by Seulgi which she wrote down her contact number last day. This is the first time after years she concern about someone. This is not her. Not Irene. Bae Joohyun may be affected by other, but not Irene. She distance herself and put a wall between her and others since the day she loss her parents. But Seulgi, she somehow affect Irene. 

____

Seulgi is here again. In Joy office. She received a call from Joy yesterday and the representative asked her regarding her offer. So here she is today to talk about it and sign the contract. She had made her decision. She decided to accept the offer to become a professional singer. She hesitated at first but she think this is a good chance for her future since she also love singing since she was a kid. So why not she try it. Joy was so happy with Seulgi decision. 

"I'm so happy with your decision", Joy extend out her hand to handshake Seulgi with a big smile on her red lips. 

"Thank you for this offer, Joy. I'll work hard", Seulgi receive the taller hand then she release their hand.

"Your training will start tomorrow. Is that okay for you?", Joy stated. 

"I guess is okay for me. But is that okay if I didn't stay at the dorm? Since my house not really far from here", Seulgi replied. It will a bit awkward for her to stay at dorm at her age. Since other trainee must be too much younger than her. So she guess she will stay at her apartment during her training. 

"Yes. You may stay at your apartment as long as you promise that you not gonna be late for your training class. It will a bit tough since your debut date will be next month, but I know you can make it. Plus, you are my favourite", Joy expressed her genuine thought and wink at the shorter.

Seulgi awkwardly smiled. They stay there for another minutes to discuss more about trainee rules and something related to training days.

Seulgi exited the PS Building and walk towards her car, open the driver door and slip inside the car. She fished out her phone and saw one missed call on her phone screen. She unlocked her phone and check her missed call record. Unknown ID caller. She call the unknown number and wait for someone to answer. It ringing for few second before someo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter