Bait

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

All of her questions got answered.

 

 

 

V still had no idea that Jisoo was there.

He has been thinking a lot these days. 

 

Apart from the truth about his parents’ death, something else has been bothering him.

 

A few days ago, he took Jisoo’s profile from his house so he could find about where she lives. He wanted to see her. He thought he needed to see her. He missed her.

 

He got her address but he found himself in front of an old building that used to be an apartment complex.

 

He thought it must have been written wrong. But he had already found it weird that RM wouldn’t have noticed that.

Still, he thought it was just an innocent mistake.

 

Then he started visiting the schools Jisoo graduated from based on her CV but it turned out that everything wasn’t true.

None of the schools had Kim Jisoo registered as their alumni.

 

V has started to get suspiscious. Who is she? Which is the truth and which is the lie?

 

Jisoo has always been a mystery to him. That’s right.. he could never read her mind.. she was always secretive.. but she has helped him in various ways.. she was there whenever he needed her.. she never left his side.

 

She wouldn’t have risked her life many times if she had never been sincere to him.. even as a bodyguard.. she would’t go to such extremes if she didn’t consider him as someone she really cared for..

 

But why was everything about her false? Why? Is her real name even Jisoo? 

 

Although he feels suspiscious about her, he misses her.. and he misses her more tonight because he’s alone in that party.

 

He was just staring blankly while waiting for the party to finish when he heard some people’s whispers.

 

 

“Is she a new model? She looks pretty..” 

 

“How can she rock that short hair with a long gown?”

 

“She looks hot..”

 

“She’ll make it big..”

 

 

He looked around the hall to see who they were talking about. That “short hair” made him curious. He only thinks of Jisoo whenever they mention a short haired woman.

 

He stood up and his mouth dropped upon seeing the gorgeous lady they were talking about.

 

Is it the same Jisoo he knows? She looks even more attractive to his eyes. 

 

Then he saw Tzuyu coming his way.

 

“I didn’t know you and RM invited her as well..” she whispered to him. “I’m glad you brought her here.. I have also wanted to see her..”

 

But he didn’t invite Jisoo.. and neither did RM. 

 

Who told her to come? How did she know about the party? She wouldn’t have known it alone because that party was a private one.. only people with invitations could come in.. She’s become even more mysterious now..

 

V was having a lot of questions in his mind when the music started playing.

 

Tzuyu’s parents started dancing and slowly other couples did too.

 

V’s eyes were looking for Jisoo. Where did that girl go? He hasn’t taken a good look at her.. 

 

He walked through the crowd and finally found her. But she wasn’t alone. Who is she talking to?

 

She was talking and smiling with a random man. V’s jealousy fired up.

What is she doing with some random guy when he is there in that party!

 

He didn’t know she was capable of flirting! And right in front of him! She must be wanting to see him jealous! He suddenly felt his cheeks hot.. he was boiling up inside. After that kiss they shared.. she could still talk with another guy like she didn’t care about his feelings.

 

And then he saw the man asking her to dance. She wouldn’t just allow him, right? 

 

But Jisoo did.. she did hold the other man’s hand. She’s holding his shoulders delicately while that punk is holding her small waist tightly. What does she think she’s doing?

 

V couldn’t watch them anymore and approached them.

 

He cleared his throat to let them know about his presence.

 

Jisoo didn’t seem surprised. V felt even more disappointed.

 

The man smiled and kissed Jisoo’s hand before leaving the two of them alone.

 

He dared kiss her hand in front of him! He ought to give him a lesson!

 

Jisoo turned to him. She didn’t know that could make him jealous. She just wanted to act as natural as possible that’s why she danced with that guy.

 

But the look in V’s eyes made her gulp. She could sense that she angered him by dancing with another man.

 

“What are you doing here?” asked V taking a step closer towards her. “I didn’t know you’d be here.. I couldn’t contact you at all.. how could you just leave like that when my uncle told you to?”

 

Jisoo had to dispose of her old number as per RM’s order. She was told not to stay in touch with him.

 

“Ahhh.. I’m sorry.. Sir..”

 

V took another step towards her closing the gap between them.

 

“Did you like dancing with him that you were unaware that I was watching you?” his eyes thinned. 

 

Jisoo shook her head. She didn’t like dancing with that man.. why is he acting like a jealous man? It’s making her feel guilty..

 

And that man can never compare to him.. her eyes are only for him! 

 

“I’ll go there and just sit-..” she said taking a step back but V grabbed her hands and put them on his shoulders.

 

“I’ll have to show them that you’re mine and nobody else can dance with you..” he said as he pulled her body closer to him.

 

Did he just call her “his”? Jisoo tried to suppress her smile.. she shouldn’t look happy in front of him.. not yet.. she needs to contain her emotions.. 

 

V had a lot of questions inside his head but seeing her closely made him forget everything in a snap.

 

“You can wear heels now without tripping yourself..” he whispered to her while dancing. 

 

“Ms. Tzuyu gave a more comfortable pair of heels tonight.. but my feet are aching already Sir..” she replied looking away from his eyes. 

 

“You aren’t my bodyguard anymore.. stop calling me Sir..”

 

Calling him Sir became a habit to her! She forgot about that!

But is it okay to just call him V? It feels awkward to call him by his nickname.

 

“Call me oppa instead.. I’m one year older than you anyway..” said V leveling his face with hers to see her flustered. “Why aren’t you looking at me? Are you embarrassed to call me oppa?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes slowly met his. But why does his face look slimmer? Did he really lose weight?

 

“Aren’t you eating these days?” asked Jisoo looking worried. “You must always eat even if you don’t feel like it.. you need to have energy and-..”

 

V’s lips curled up into a broad smile.

 

“Are you perhaps worried about me? Are you concerned? Are you interested in me now?”

 

He felt like confessing to her several times was successful. Did she start to like him too? He could see in her eyes that she did look worried about him.

 

Then he rememebered those fake school records and address again. Can he ask her why she put the wrong ones? Will she tell him the truth?

 

“Will you wait until we catch the person harming you?” Jisoo’s gaze suddenly looked serious as she spoke those words to her. “Can I give you the answer when that time comes? Everything.. all the truth.. I promise I’ll tell you..”

 

V stopped dancing and just looked at her. What does she mean? Does she like him too but is just waiting until everything is okay? 

 

One of his hands went to her face. He could see that Jisoo wasn’t bothered by his touch.

She must have only been holding herself back because of his uncle. 

He smiled at her and she smiled back at him.

 

Then slowly the lights in the hall went dimmer.

An announcement was made.

 

“We will now show you some video greetings for our celebrant..”

 

 

V pulled his hands away from Jisoo and turned to where the projector was.

Then there was darkness for a few seconds before the video greeting started.

 

And when the lights turned o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter