Envelope

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She has come to meet the client.

 

 

 

Their lips just touched. Jisoo remained still. Did V just kiss her? Why? She knows he doesn’t like her.. Has he always been like that? Does he kiss just anyone? Or was he feeling too sensitive?

 

But the important thing is.. she liked it.. 

 

She saw how his eyes were looking at her lips before finally kissing her.. it happened so fast that she couldn’t even blink.. but she likes it.. because she likes him.

 

V pulled away right after. He did it.. he has been wanting to do it.. it has been long since he could only see her lips.. he doesn’t care if she is his bodyguard.. the fact that he likes her is what’s important for him.

 

“Jisoo..” he called her name after thinking about it carefully.

 

But then they heard the doorbell ring.

 

Jisoo stood up immediately and went to open the door.

 

RM came in with Tzuyu. 

 

Why did they have to come that very moment?

 

V only needed a minute to confess to her! 

 

He went out of his room to greet the two.

 

“I thought you had something to take care of hyung..” said V as he looked at Jisoo who was standing in front of the door.

 

He wants to talk to her.. he needs to tell her he likes her..

 

“I told them I’ll make my statement with you tomorrow.. I couldn’t leave you alone..” said RM. “And Tzuyu was also worried so she asked me to come along..”

 

What a thoughtful cousin he has! He came just at the most perfect timing! 

 

“Jisoo come and sit here..” said Tzuyu. “We bought some pizza for us..”

 

“Thanks but I’m not hungry yet..” she replied as she kept her eyes on the floor.

 

RM stood up.

 

“You can go now Jisoo.. it must have been tiring for you as well..” he said patting her back. “Thanks for saving V.. we owe you his life..”

 

Why is he sending her away like that? She can’t go.. not yet.. V wants to talk to her..

 

“You should eat first..” said V. “Before you go..”

 

“I’ll just eat at home Sir..” she replied right away. “I’ll be going now..”

 

And she went out that door.

 

She just defied him, didn’t she?

How could she just go home after their kiss? Doesn’t she need an explanation from him?

 

V was baffled but he couldn’t even go after her.

 

He sighed as he took a slice of pizza.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Tzuyu. “Were you hurt?”

 

He almost forgot he almost died just that afternoon. 

He touched his neck. He was hurt.. a random man entered his office, threatened him, said weird things to him and choked him.. of course he was hurt..

 

But Jisoo made him feel much better that he forgot the pain.

 

“I’m okay now..” he replied.

 

RM went back to his seat and looked at him.

He felt bad for his cousin. He keeps experiencing bad things.

 

“Do you want to live with me and dad for the meantime?” asked RM to V. “Dad is worried..”

 

V couldn’t answer right away. He used to live with them until he graduated college. He didn’t want to burden his uncle anymore that’s why he moved out.. 

 

“That’s right.. all of us will feel more at ease if you live with them..” said Tzuyu. “Living alone here is dangerous..”

 

What will he say to them? He personally wants to stay alone.. but Soohyun is worried.. his cousin is asking him and even Tzuyu is suggesting him to go back living with them..

 

“Alright hyung..” he replied. “I’ll pack my bags and come with you tonight..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

“What are you doing here at this hour Daffodil?” 

 

Jisoo came to Valente to see her boss. She belives he knows something.

 

“I haven’t seen you this mad for a long time..” he said putting a cup of tea in front of her. “Did something happen today?”

 

Jisoo took a few calming breaths and drank on the tea. 

 

“I want to meet my client..” said Jisoo looking at him nervously.

 

Even just asking information about their clients is not allowed and so meeting them is just beyond impossible.

 

It’s against the rules. She knows it.

 

“Why would you tell me something you know I can’t give you?” asked Big Bear. “Go home and rest Daffodil.. you must have been surprised today to ask me something like that..”

 

He seems like he knows what happened today at Aurora. 

Her curiosity is killing her even more. 

 

“I heard from Aster that you asked him to follow me..” she said. “You said my mission is dangerous.. why?”

 

Big Bear sipped on his coffee.

 

“You have become more curious now..” he said. “Why?”

 

This sly fat guy.. he’s getting on her nerves.. he’s asking her other questions just so he could avoid hers.

 

“Kim Taehyung was hurt today.. someone tried to choke him..” said Jisoo. “And that man..”

 

She closed her eyes and sighed deeply.

 

“That person knows my name..”

 

Big Bear smiled onesidedly. What does that smile mean?

 

Jisoo felt even more annoyed. She’s frustrated because she knows her boss is hiding an important fact from her.

 

“Do you know him? Is he our client perhaps?” asked Jisoo standing up from her seat. “Is he the one who hired me?”

 

But she knew she wouldn’t get any answer from him.

Big bear sticks to the rules. He will never give information about his clients.

 

“Why are you getting emotional? That isn’t like you Daffodil..” he said as he continued drinking on his coffee. “Just do your mission and get your money.. isn’t that your goal?”

 

Is he teasing her or what? She can’t stand the sight of her boss anymore!

 

“I know you have become closer with the heir of Aurora..” said Big Bear. “Is that why you’re curious about everything now?”

 

Jisoo smiled a little. She knows that everything she does is reported to him. He must have already known that she’s come to like V.

 

“Go home and rest.. you had a long day today..” he said.

 

Jisoo’s hand was about to open the door but she couldn’t bring herself to just leave when she didn’t obtain an answer she wanted.

 

She took a step back and turned to him again.

 

“Just assure me one thing..” she said with her voice strained. “My client.. he won’t ask me to kill Kim Taehyung, right?”

 

Her eyes were filled with worries. That was the only thing she wanted an answer for.. she wants to make sure that her client will never ask her to harm him..

 

“Valente does everything the client wants us to do..” he replied. “But we have never killed anyone..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo was given two days off but she couldn’t just sit back and relax.

 

Apart from all the things she wants to know about her mission, she also wants to see how V is doing.

 

And that kiss.. does it really mean nothing to him? Or does he like her even for the very least? But she can’t get ahead of herself.. she shouldn’t think much about it.

 

Still.. it was her first.. it was flawless.. 

 

She was eating some left overs from the night before when she received a call from RM.

 

She hates getting calls from him.. she always thinks like something happened to V whenever he calls her.

 

She answered the call with her fists clenched.

 

“V has been staying at our house..” said RM. “I thought you might be worried about him..”

 

She feels relieved to hear he is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter