Caught

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rule number 8- She must never reveal her background.

 

 

 

RM would look at Jisoo through the mirror while driving and V wasn’t liking it.

Why would he look at her? V has been wondering why ever since they got on his car to go back home.

 

Tzuyu had to go back first because of her injury. 

And Jisoo has been quiet ever since she saw that USB kind of thing he gave her.

 

Everyone around V seems to be acting weird now. 

 

“Jisoo, I can drop you off at your house..” said RM looking at her.

 

V who was sitting beside him in the front was wishing Jisoo would say no. He doesn’t want his cousin to know where she lives. He thinks he should be the first one to know.

Why is acting so damn possessive of his bodyguard?

 

“No.. it’s okay..” said Jisoo. “I will get off at Sir V’s house.. I need to make sure he arrives safely at his house..”

 

That’s right.. Jisoo never disappoints.. she’s always responsible!

 

RM peeked at his cousin sitting beside him. He was wondering if he really likes Jisoo now.. why does he like her? 

RM didn’t like the idea of him liking his bodyguard.. he can’t like her.. it can’t be her.. he knows it’ll end awfully and he doesn’t want his cousin to get hurt.

 

But fortunately, Jisoo doesn’t seem to feel that way.. as long as she doesn’t like him back.. RM feels relieved.

 

They arrived in front of V’s house. It was already 9 pm.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home?” asked RM to Jisoo. “It might be difficult to take a taxi from here..”

 

Jisoo shook her head and before she could say a word to him, V stepped forward.

 

“I’ll make sure she gets a taxi hyung..” he said before closing the door. “Thanks for the ride!”

 

Jisoo was waiting for V to go inside but he was just standing in front of her and not doing anything.

 

“Sir.. aren’t you going in?” asked Jisoo. 

 

V scratched the back of his head and looked around.

 

“I’ll drive you home if you-..”

 

“No Sir..” she replied immediately. “I’ll go home by myself..”

 

She can’t let him know where she lives. And it’s dangerous for him to drive alone.

 

“Why?” asked V disappointed. “Don’t you trust my driving skills? I don’t drive often but I got my driver’s license at 18 and-..”

 

Jisoo suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him behind her. 

V was startled. 

 

“W-what’s happening?” asked V trying to see her face.

 

But Jisoo was just looking straight into an alley.

 

“Is there something there?” V was worried.

 

V can’t see anything. It was too dark.

 

Then Jisoo started running all of a sudden leaving him in surprise.

 

Did she see someone there? Was someone following him again? What if she gets hurt? 

 

He was worried about her. He was worried she might get hurt by the person following them.

 

And so he ran after her. He couldn’t match her pace but he still followed her.

 

And he found her.. with a man wearing a mask.

 

Jisoo was pushing a man against the wall. Is he perhaps that someone who ran after them at the party? 

 

As he was approaching them slowly, he could see Jisoo slightly letting go of that man’s shoulders.

 

“Who is he?” asked V catching his breath. “Is he the same person following us last time?”

 

Jisoo shook her head. 

Why did she suddenly look pale? Why does she look shocked? 

 

V took a few steps closer and looked at the man.

He looked like he was still in his 20s.  His eyes looked kinda familiar.

 

“He’s my friend..” said Jisoo. 

 

“Friend?” asked V scanning the man.

 

Is he that guy with the flower nickname?

 

The guy took his mask off and bowed his head. He looks even more familiar now.

 

“We talked over the phone once.. I’m Jisoo’s friend.. my name is Jin..” he said.

 

Jisoo looked angry but she was trying to calm herself.

 

“You must be that guy... that Aster?” asked V smiling while reaching his hand to him. “It’s nice to meet you..”

 

Jin smiled and shook his hand.

 

“But.. what are you doing here at my house at this hour?” he asked.

 

“He came here to pick me up Sir..” said Jisoo holding Jin’s hand. “I’ll see you tomorrow Sir.. I need to go now..”

 

Did Jisoo just hold a man’s hand? In front of him? And that Jin guy came to pick her up?

Why? Who is he? She said he was a friend but..

He must not be just a friend.. or else he wouldn’t have come to his house just to pick her up..

 

And the more he thinks about that friend of hers.. the more familiar he becomes to V.. where has he seen him? He’s sure to have met him already..

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

“I think you can at least tell me now why you were following me..” said Jisoo as she threw her bag on the floor.

 

Jin picked up her bag and put it on the table.

 

“And you-..” Jisoo paused and put her hand on her forehead. “You told him your real name when he already knows your codename.. why don’t you just tell him that we work as nightcouriers at Valente?”

 

Jin gave her a glass of water.

 

“Drink first.. your lips will turn blue.. you look so pale..” he said.

 

“I don’t understand you Aster..” she said putting the glass on the table instead. “How can you look calm right now? How could you just reveal yourself like that to him?”

 

“You did too..” said Jin. “He knows you by your real name..”

 

“But that’s because Big Bear told me to use my real name..” said Jisoo.

 

“Don’t you wonder why our boss would ask you to use your real name when he knows it’s dangerous?” Jin’s eyes thinned. 

 

Of course that crossed her mind several times. She did wonder why..

 

“What do you mean?” Jisoo looks perplexed. 

 

“I don’t know either Jisoo..” he said as he sighed. “The only thing I know is that.. you being the bodyguard to the heir to Aurora is putting your life in danger..”

 

Jin drank on the glass of water before sitting down. He took a few calming breaths before finally speaking up again.

 

“It was our boss’ order..” said Jin lifting his eyes to Jisoo. “Me following you..”

 

“What?”

 

“I was following you from the start Daffodil.. you saw me once at Aurora, didn’t you?” asked Jin furrowing his eyebrows. “And at the party.. I-..”

 

“Were you trying to do something to him?”

 

“No..” said Jin firmly. “I saw the man following V alone so I had to distract V and pretended to ask for some directions..”

 

“You saw him too?”

 

Jin followed them and even saw them hugging each other that night.

 

“Then.. the tracking device.. you put it on me, didn’t you?” 

 

Jin nodded his head.

 

“I had to.. I needed to know where you went..” he replied. “I had to make sure you are safe.. because that’s my mission..”

 

“So you were spying on a spy?” Jisoo’s voice was shaking.

 

She was unaware of what was happening around her. She didn’t realize Jin has been following her around.

 

“Then the bugging device at V’s home.. it must be all of your doing..”

 

“What bugging device?” asked Jin confused. “I only put a tracking device on you.. I never entered his house..”

 

“So someone else put it?” Jisoo looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter