Cool

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Rule number 3- She must not feel pity towards anyone

 

 

“He has fired you?” asked Jin laughing. 

 

“How could you laugh in this situation?” asked Jisoo throwing her hat on the table.

 

She went to see Jin to have a drink with him after being asked to leave by V.

 

“It makes me angry that he cannot accept that his bodyguard is a woman..” said Jisoo complaining non stop. “He’s the stupid one for not noticing I was a girl.. I even saw my profile on his desk but I don’t think he opened it..”

 

“Then you should have told him right away.. I understand he must be angry..” Jin replied. “What will you do now, Daffodil?”

 

Jisoo drank some of her beer. She was already feeling bad because of her period but then that happened.. she needed to drink even if it’d worsen her pain.

 

“I won’t get fired.. I can’t..” she said. “I need that money desperately and  getting fired because of a mere reason boils me up inside.. I’ll make sure to stick with him..”

 

“But.. I think it’s better if you just get fired..” said Jin. “I mean.. it doesn’t suit you.. and also.. spying someone like this while pretending to be a bodyguard.. I think it’s too risky.. what if you get in a big trouble later?”

 

“Aster..” Jisoo said gently. “Jin oppa.. I know your concerns.. but I’m not the same 9 year old girl who used to cry a lot.. I’m different now.. I’m stronger now..”

 

Jisoo was taken in by her boss to train with Jin at a young age. She used to cry a lot.. she admits that.. she’d cry whenever she got bruises after training and practicing with him.. but that’s all in the past.. 

She’s grown up now.. she isn’t that little kid anymore..

 

“Why are you in such a hurry to go away from here?” asked Jin looking at her. “What’s so good to see those northern lights you always talk about?”

 

Jisoo smiled before she could give him an answer.

 

“Because they’re beautiful.. and far from here..” said Jisoo. “One of the few things I remember from my parents is.. hearing them talk about it.. I’m sure I heard them wanting to go there with me..”

 

Jin felt bad asking her that question. He didn’t know it was related to her parents.

 

Jisoo doesn’t usually talk about them.. she only has few memories of them.. she doesn’t even know where they are right now.. 

 

She woke up one day and was told that she was alone.. Big bear saw her sleeping on a bench in a park.. the house she lived in didn’t belong to her parents’ anymore.. she didn’t know where they could have gone to.. she has no idea what happened to them and why they abandoned her all of a sudden..

 

“Would you recognize them if you saw them again?” asked Jin curiously.

 

She doesn’t know if they’re still alive..   they might cross paths someday..

 

Jisoo drank another glass. 

 

“I don’t know.. it has been fifteen years already..” she replied. “I can’t even recognize myself when I look in front of the mirror.. how will I be able to recognize someone I haven’t seen in that long period of time? I changed a lot during these years.. I’m sure they have aged and changed as well.. just like me..”

 

“But I still see that little girl in you..” said Jin smiling at her. “Whenever I look at your eyes.. I can still see that bright light you’re hiding within you..”

 

That’s right.. she used to be as bright as the light.. she used to be a lot more cheerful.. Jin used to make fun of her because she always cried but she used to bring joy to everyone.. 

 

“So you will keep working as a spy?” asked Jin. “Just be careful always.. Jisoo..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

“Everyone knew she was girl..”  said RM. “I even gave you her profile.. why would you complain about it now?”

 

V went to Aurora to ask his uncle to replace Jisoo.

 

“You said it yourself that she was good..” said Soohyun. “Does it make sense that you’re asking me to replace your bodyguard just because she’s a girl? What kind of a lame excuse is that? Did you do something embarrassing to her thinking he was a man?”

 

BINGO! He indeed did some embarrassing things.. he asked her to do things not knowing she was a girl..

 

“Alright.. I’ll ask someone to look for another bodyguard but make sure this is the last..” said Soohyun. “And also.. I will formally introduce you to the company next month..  so study hard and prepare yourself..”

 

“But I think Jisoo is still a good bodyguard to him.. she even caught Tzuyu’s stalker on her first day..” said RM looking concerned.

 

V bit his lower lip as he thought of Jisoo. It is true that she’s skilled.. but it feels quite uncomfortable for him to have a female bodyguard.. 

It’s all because he has lived alone all his life that he’s awkward to everyone.

 

“Tzuyu invited us to go out for a drink tonight..” said RM. “Will you come?”

 

That’s not even a question! Of course he is willing to go wherever Tzuyu asks him..

 

“Make sure he doesn’t create trouble tonight...” said Soohyun. “He has already done quite a few and I don’t want his image to suffer even more.. the stockholders will be keeping an eye on him from now on..”

 

This is the very reason he doesn’t want to get involved in any business. He doesn’t want to be in the spotlight.. he doesn’t want to be controlled..

 

 

———————-

 

 

“Where is Jisoo?” asked Tzuyu as soon as she took a seat. “You didn’t come with her?”

 

Is V supposed to get jealous that Tzuyu is paying attention to his old bodyguard? 

 

“This guy fired her already..” RM replied. “He thought Jisoo was a man.. and when he learned she wasn’t.. he told her to quit..”

 

“Why did you fire her?” Tzuyu looked frustrated. “I have started liking her.. she’s lovely.. and she’s really good..”

 

Should V bring Jisoo back? He doesn’t want to see Tzuyu getting sad and concerned.

He felt a little conflicted all of a sudden..

 

“When will you find someone as nice as her? She helped me on her first day and I can tell she works hard..” said Tzuyu. “I think you should have given her a chance to prove herself to you..”

 

“That’s right..” said RM. “She’s capable.. she already proved herself even if it was only a week.. but this guy is just ridiculous..”

 

V was feeling guilty. What he did was really unacceptable.

 

“Oppa.. the shoot will start next week so may I see you before that?” asked Tzuyu to RM. “I think I need to ask you a lot about the concept so I can prepare myself more..”

 

V loves this attitude of Tzuyu the most. She’s already good but she always wants to be better in every way that she can.. she continues to improve and surpass herself..

 

He has been staring and admiring Tzuyu’s beauty when some men came to their table and greeted Tzuyu.

 

“Oppa!” Tzuyu said smiling. “How are you?”

 

They were old colleagues of Tzuyu when she wasn’t famous yet.

 

“You’ve become a lot prettier!” said one of them. “I hope I can treat you to a meal next time..”

 

V already hated the fact that they were talking to his Tzuyu but it he hated it more that all of them were like scanning her.. they wore a maliscious smile as they talked to her.. a man knows better what other men are thinking inside their heads..

 

Good thing they walked away from there after having a quick greeting. 

 

“I have been thinking to change my hairstyle these days.. I thought I needed a new concept.. I saw the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter