Warm

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

She has completely fallen in love.

 

 

It has been three days already ever since Jisoo disappeared from the party.

 

V still hasn’t received any news from her. He knew it was strange that Jisoo would just go away that night without saying a word to him or either to Tzuyu.

 

And so he started to become worried and he became more anxious when he overheard his uncle and his cousin talking about her.

 

“That’s why I told you not to trust that woman! If she suddenly cut contacts with you, doesn’t that mean that she now knows that we are aware of her movements? Just what is she planning to do with that man? How are they related? We should have never trusted that crooked company Valente she came from!”

 

V has never heard of that company before. What is it? What kind of business do they make?

He looked for it on the internet but he could find nothing.

 

He felt like RM and Soohyun are hiding something from him. What were they talking about?

 

He sneaked into RM’s room when he was at Aurora and found out some files his cousin has been keeping inside his cabinet. 

 

A crumpled business card was found in between the papers. It was Valente’s. 

 

He ditched his bodyguard and went by himself to the address. He thought he went to the wrong place.

He found himself in front of a barbecue restaurant. 

 

He looked around for some more minutes but it was the exact location. 

He stood there for a moment observing the area and a few minutes later, someone grabbed his arm and dragged him to an alley.

 

“What are you doing here?” 

 

His heart almost dropped on the ground. 

It was Jisoo’s friend. The flower guy Jin!

 

“Why are you alone? How did you find this place?”

 

Valente is actually inside that restaurant. People can’t know the real purpose of the whole building.

 

“I was looking for Jisoo.. I heard the agency she works for is around here..” V replied while looking around him. “Is it called Valente? Do you know where I can find it?”

 

Jin put his hands down on his sides. He was also looking for Jisoo just like him. He could feel that something happened to her because she hasn’t come out of her house for a few days already and even Big Bear couldn’t contact her.

 

He wanted to go inside her house to check on her but her password changed. He could break in easily to be honest but he thought he was not the one Jisoo would want to talk to at that time. 

 

 

“Why are you looking for her?” asked Jin. 

 

V told him about how she disappeared from the party.

 

Jin now understands. He thought Jisoo must have come to know already that the man wanting to kill V is her own father.

 

“Can you tell me where Jisoo lives? Have you been able to talk to her these days? I was really worried when she suddenly disappeared without saying a word..”

 

Jin could see he was sincerely worried. But what can he do? He can’t tell him himself about what he knows. He shouldn’t meddle into their lives.

 

“Just go home right now..” said Jin. 

 

He was about to leave him when V grabbed his shoulder.

 

“Just tell me if she’s safe.. I beg you..”

 

Jin felt even more conflicted. He could hear V’s voice quiver as he begged him.

 

He looked at him and saw his eyes watering. This man is completely unaware of what danger Jisoo might bring him. Would he react the same if he knew the real her?

 

“Please tell me at least if she’s okay.. I won’t ask anything else..” said V again. “Is she-..”

 

“Come with me.. I’ll show you what Valente is..”

 

Jin decided to let him know about their company. He could no longer hide it. He is also worried about Jisoo. He has to know as well if she’s doing okay.. he knows she’ll get angry at him for telling V about her but he can’t just sit still and watch the whole drama unfold.

 

V looked surprised as he entered the basement. It was dark until they reached what seems to be an office.

 

Jin opened it and there sat a man who looked more surprised than him.

 

“Why did you bring him here?” asked Big Bear. “Do you know what-..?”

 

“We should at least tell him about Daffodil..” said Jin. “He wants to know how she is.. he’s worried.. just like us..”

 

V looked confused. Who the heck is Daffodil? He wanted to see Jisoo not someone else. But what’s with all these flower names? That Jin is called Aster.. then could it be that Daffodil is Jisoo’s nickname?

 

“Sit down Kim Taehyung-ssi..” said that big man.

 

How did he know his name? V somehow looked more nervous. The place was weird.. their office was at the basement.. that man looked scary.. 

 

They wouldn’t do anything to him, would they?

 

“This is indeed Daffodil’s agency.. I mean Jisoo’s company..” said Big Bear. “Since Aster has already brought you here, I’ll tell you everything.. but promise me you will never tell anyone else.. or else.. you won’t see the sun rise again..”

 

That was a threat, wasn’t it? V gulped. Where the heck is he and who is he talking to?

He came there to see Jisoo and not to talk with this scary man.

 

Big Bear and Jin told him about Jisoo pretending to be a bodyguard to him and her being a night courier.

 

“And about that person following you-..” 

 

“Give him Daffodil’s address..”

 

Big Bear cut Jin’s words. 

 

And as soon as V went out of the office, Jin confronted his boss.

 

“Why didn’t you let me tell him about Jisoo’s father? He also has to know about it..”

 

“Let the two of them settle it.. Jisoo must be the one to tell him about it.. we must wait for her..” said Big Bear. “I know Jisoo will make a way to protect that man.. although I didn’t expect she’d like him..”

 

He sighed.

 

“Why did she have to like that man? It’s only become more complicated..”

 

“But will Jisoo be able to tell him that she’s the daughter of the person who killed his parents?” asked Jin concerned. “How will she say that to him?”

 

 

———————-

 

 

V found Jisoo’s house right away. Well, it looks normal from the outside. He thought a night courier would live in an inhabited building or at the basement just like their company.

 

He keyed in the password Jin had given him. He was nervous. He felt like he was breaking into her house. Well, he really was.. will she get mad? She hasn’t even agreed to dating him and he’s going inside her house without permission.

 

But he’s worried. He needs to see with his own eyes that she’s okay.

 

He managed to get in with the password. The house was cleaner than what he had imagined. There weren’t many things in the living room. But it was cold. Doesn’t she turn the heater on?

 

He took a deep breath as he walked towards the kitchen and almost had a heart attack when the lights as he heard her voice.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jisoo sounded cold. “How did you get in?”

 

V turned to her slowly. Jisoo was wearing a large shirt buttoned up unevenly. Her face looked tired and her eyes seemed swollen. 

 

“I’m asking you again.. how did you come in?” she asked him as she thought Jin might have told him about her address. “Aster.. that guy..”

 

“I wanted to see you..” said V. “I was worried after you disappeared just-..”

 

“Get out..” she said coldy.

 

V looked startled. Jisoo has always spoken gently to him apart from that time they argued inside the bathroom.

 

“I won’t..” he said as he took three steps closer to her.

 

“Go before I push you out of the door..” she said taking three steps backward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter