Lips

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Rule number 5- She must stay focused on her mission.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo was following behind V who was greeting the employees one by one.

 

It was V’s first day at work as an operation manager’s assistant. He’s clueless to what he has to do.. what if he just becomes a burden to his uncle? He’s sure he’ll disappoint him someday..

 

After almost a whole morning of introduction, V finally went to his office.

Even the feeling of having his own office was weird to him.

He wasn’t mentally prepared for this.

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo was also feeling troubled.. 

She received that mission from her boss last night.. she needs to prevent V from becoming a CEO..

While she knows V isn’t particularly interested in becoming so, she knows it is bound to happen someday.. he’s being trained to become one..

 

And with what means will she try to meddle with him on becoming a CEO?

She wishes she could slap her client’s face for giving her undetailed missions.

She needs to have proper instructions to be able to complete them.

 

“Why do you look tired?” asked V looking at her. “Did you go home late last night? Did I give you a hard time when I was drunk? I can’t remember anything..”

 

She couldn’t sleep last night after reading that message from Big Bear.. she was feeling uneasy..

 

“No Sir..” she replied in a low voice.

 

“You can sleep on the couch while I try to read some company files..” said V. “I won’t run away so there’s no need to worry..”

 

Jisoo smiled and sat down on the couch a few feet away from him.

 

She saw him looking very serious while scanning the files diligently. He does have the face of a rich CEO.. he looks suitable.. just like those men you see in a drama..

 

He’s also nice.. he smiles a lot.. he’s always kind and funny when he needs to.. but his eyes are full of worries.. 

 

Why is he so mindful of his uncle and cousin? Why does her client want to stop him from becoming the next CEO? 

 

Why is this task making her head spin? 

 

“Why don’t you just sit beside me and look at me closely instead of staring at me from afar?” asked V lifting his eyes from the papers to her face. 

 

She got caught. She thought she was being careful enough.. Is she even a spy? She keeps on gettinf caught by him..

 

V stood up and grabbed a chair beside him.

 

“Sit down here..” he said. “I’ll show you something..”

 

Jisoo sat beside him looking nervous. 

She closed her hands in fists as she put them on her thighs.

 

V turned his head to her and saw her being so stiff.

 

“Did I do something to you last night?” asked V looking worried. “I think you’re being weird because I did something..”

 

“No Sir..” she said smiling. “I’m sorry if I made you feel weird because I-..”

 

“Then relax yourself..” he said while touching her hands. “Feel free to do what you want to.. I don’t bite..”

 

Jisoo loosened up a little. She knows she shouldn’t act awkward but she’s worried.. and she can’t focus on her task..

 

“Your hair has grown longer..” said V. “I can now do this to you..”

 

He tucked her hair at the back of her ear.

 

Jisoo gulped and avoided his eyes right away.

 

“You’re blushing again..” said V teasing her. “Don’t they tell you that you’re actually very girly?”

 

Any woman would blush if a man keeps touching her and saying stuff like that.

 

“Did-.. didn’t you say you were going to show me something, Sir?” asked Jisoo stuttering.

 

“Ahhh.. that’s right..”

 

V took something from his bag. It was a notebook. Jisoo saw him holding it sometimes while spying on him at night.

 

He opened it and showed her some drawings.. creative and beautiful designs of clothes, bags and accessories.. 

 

She thought he was just doodling on that notebook.. who would have thought he had a talent for this?

 

“These are amazing..” said Jisoo, her eyes widened in surprise. 

 

“I sometimes draw things like these when I’m bored..” he said. “I draw what I like.. if I can’t keep one thing from my head, I’d need to draw it.. only then I’ll feel better..”

 

“May I take a look at the other things you have drawn?” asked Jisoo as she flipped over the pages one by one.

 

She was amazed everytime she turned a page.

 

And then a certain drawing caught her eye. It was a woman..

 

V took the notebook away from her immediately. 

 

It was certainly Tzuyu.. he must have drawn her a lot because he always thinks of her..

 

But why is he so shy? She knows it already that he’s so into her.. he didn’t need to be like that..

 

“I’ll order something to eat..” said V as he dialed a number on the telephone.

 

V is always busy feeding her.. she loves eating but she has gained weight since she started working for him. She can’t even get some exercise at home because she’s tired after following him around all day.

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” asked V. “Do you want something else? I thought you liked bibimbap.. I can order something else for you..”

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“I’m on diet, Sir..” she replied bashfully.

 

But V thinks she’s too skinny.. he’s feeding her always because he wants her to look healthier.

 

“I don’t like skinny girls..” he said. “So you should eat..”

 

“But Tzuyu is skinny.. and you like her..” Jisoo replied.

 

Well.. that’s true.. what did he even say to her?

 

“I mean.. I don’t want my bodyguard to be thin..” said V clearing his throat. “How will you protect me if you don’t eat?”

 

What does he even mean with his words? He’s making Jisoo confused..

 

“But Sir..”

 

V put a spoonful of rice in making her stop talking back at him.

 

“I can feed you like this if you keep on complaining..” he said smirking. “We can share the same spoon..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes became wide again. Why is he being so playful to her everytime?

 

“Will you eat by yourself or will I feed you myself?” V asked as he took another spoonful of rice and showed it to her.

 

How can this coward threaten her like this? He doesn’t know who’s he dealing with..

 

V held her chin.

 

“I’m going to eat..” said Jisoo removing his hand on her chin.

 

“Good bo-.., I mean good girl..” said V patting her hair.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

V went to see RM at a restaurant near Aurora.

 

“Where is Jisoo?” asked RM as soon as V sat down in front of him.

 

“Why is everyone asking for her whenever they see me?” he asked smiling. “Tzuyu asked me for a favor.. she said she needed her to go shopping for today..”

 

“What?” RM raised his voice a little.

 

He can’t believe his cousin is lending his bodyguard to be someone else’s assistant.

 

“Don’t worry hyung.. I came here safely, didn’t I?” said V appeasing him. “And she’ll be here by the time we finish our dinner..”

 

“But still.. dad hired her so she can guard you everyday..” RM replied. “She needs to be by your side always.. I’ll talk to her when I see her..”

 

“Why would you talk to her? She never slacks off.. it was Tzuyu who asked her to come with her..” said V. “I allowed her that’s why she went.. but you shouldn’t get mad at her..”

 

“Are you taking her side?” asked RM. “And you’re blaming Tzuyu?”

 

RM knows V has been in love with Tzuyu. 

 

“No..” said V. “I was just saying you should talk to me and not with Jisoo..”

 

“But still.. you never know what might happen when you’re alone..” said RM sternly. “I just want to be sure you’re safe..”

 

V nodded his head and started eating. If he doesn’t agree with his cousin, they’ll be talking about the same thing all night.

 

RM is stubborn just like him but when it comes to his little cousin, he’s soft. If V and RM wanted something in the past, he’d give it to V even if he liked it first. He felt sorry to him because his parents were gone too early. And so he wanted to make him feel loved in any way he could.

 

V knows what his cousin does for him and when he became a little mature and realized his cousin’s love for him, he started obeying and respecting him even more.

 

“Are the preparations going well for the 25th Anniversary of Aurora?” asked V. 

 

RM nodded his head. Aurora’s foundation day coincides with V’s parents’ death anniversary.

 

His parents were on their way back home from Paris for an event when their plane crashed that day.

It was a sorrowful day for V.

 

“You don’t have to attend the party..” said RM. “You know I also hate those kinds of events.. after that, let’s go somewhere nice.. we can go skiing if you want.. I’ll ask Tzuyu if she has time and-..”

 

“I will attend it hyung..” V said. “I’m one of the employees now.. I’m sure uncle will also like it if I come.. you don’t need to worry about me..”

 

“Alright..” said RM. “I honestly want to see you there.. it’s the 25th anniversary anyway..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

“I knew you’d come wearing that so I brought a dress for you to change into!” said Tzuyu pushing Jisoo towards the changing room.

 

The 25th anniversary of Aurora was held in the most luxurious hotel in Seoul.

 

V told Jisoo to come to the party directly because RM would pick him up.

 

Jisoo came wearing the same black blazer and black pants she’d usually wear but as soon as Tzuyu saw her, she pulled her outside the hall.

 

“But I can’t wear something like this..” said Jisoo seeing what Tzuyu brought her.

 

It was a silk white backless mini dress. 

 

Of course the dress is beautiful and y.. but someone like her won’t be able to pull it off.. it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter