Mission

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Rule number 1 - She must never reveal her identity.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo was called into the office by her boss today.

Another errand is awaiting her. It hasn’t been that long since she last had one.

 

She was humming to a song while going inside the building when she bumped into Aster, Jin’s alias.

They grew up and were trained together in Valente for more than ten years. He’s the only friend she has in her life.

 

Jisoo was dragged to an alley by him before she could enter.

 

“Aster.. what are you doing here? We can’t be seen by anyone..” said Jisoo pushing his hands away from her. “The safest place for us is inside Valente..”

 

“I wanted to talk to you as Jin not Aster.. that’s why I brought you here..” Jin replied. “You have been working non stop since the start of the year.. don’t you want to rest?”

 

“I can’t rest! I don’t like taking a rest..” she said sighing. “I need to keep working so I can move out of this country as soon as possible..”

 

She wants to go far from there. She wants to live on her own. The only goal she has in life is to save up money and go somewhere far from everyone. And Iceland has been her dreamplace for a long time.

 

Jin pulled her hands.

 

“Your wound hasn’t even healed yet..” he looked worried. “And you already want to take another errand..”

 

Jisoo sighed as she she took her hat off. She was getting tired of his nagging.

 

“You.. when did you cut your hair again?” asked Jin surprised. “Why did you cut it so short? It’s even shorter than mine!”

 

Jisoo put her hat on again. She decided to cut her hair yesterday because she was tired of drying her hair in the winter.

 

“How can you just say you’re too lazy to even dry your hair?” asked Jin concerned. “You’re a woman and-..”

 

“Do I look like a woman to anyone? Do I look like I care about my hair getting this short?” asked Jisoo pushing him away. “I only want one thing.. and that is to become rich and escape from here.. So don’t worry about these useless things, okay?”

 

She ran inside Valente and headed straight to her boss’ office.

 

They call their boss “Big bear”. They don’t know his real name. He never told them. He doesn’t tell anyone about it.

But he does look like a big bear because he’s fat and tall, just like a real bear. 

 

“You look like a handsome boy with your hair cut like that..” said Big bear. “You look quite stylish.. it suits you..”

 

Jisoo sat down. 

 

“What about the next mission?” asked Jisoo in a hurry. “What do I need to do?”

 

“Do you want to grab some coffee first?” asked her boss. “I wanted to have a friendly chat with you.. it has been a while since we talked like this face to face..”

 

They’d usually talk over the phone to avoid getting seen in public. But this time her boss asked her to come to their office in person.

 

“I want to know what kind of errand it is this time..” she replied. “Do I need to steal something again? Or smuggle some kind of illegal drugs? Hack some infos? Destroy some evidence? What is it that I need to do?”

 

“You’re always impatient.. I like everything about you apart from that..” he said while taking a sit across hers. “Listen to me.. Daffodil..”

 

Her alias “daffodil” was given to her by her first client who had her put some drugs in a bouquet of daffodils.

Since the name sounded unique to her, she cooly accepted it and ever since that day she became known as Daffodil in that field.

 

She learned every kind of martial arts she could learn from taekwondo to boxing.. she’s got superb skills and she’s also quick-witted.

 

She’s as strong and intelligent as Aster.. she’s got everything a night corrier would need.. the only flaw she has is that.. she’s a woman.

There are certain missions she can’t do be just because she’s a woman. And she’s completely frustrated about it.. it hinders her from doing other errands thus saving more money and becoming rich as early as she could.

 

Big Bear threw a folder on the table.

 

 

 

Client’s profile

 

 

Name: Kim Taehyung

 

Age: 25

 

Nickname: V

 

Occupation: none

 

Hobby: Playing games at home

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo sighed as she looked at the very littled details she has about her client.

 

“He’s the heir to Aurora.. you know that brand, don’t you?” asked her boss. “It’s very simple.. you need to be his bodyguard..”

 

“What? Bodyguard? Me?” asked Jisoo bewildered. “A courier must not be seen in public.. a courier must not be exposed to cameras.. a courier must hide-..”

 

“You’ll use your real name.. you’ll work under the name Kim Jisoo..” he said. “But I’ll falsify your other personal information..”

 

“A courier must not reveal his name even in the-..” 

 

“10 million dollars.. you’ll get that..” said her boss. “Our client will pay us more depending on how good you do your job.. I have already sent you a few thousand dollars so you could buy yourself some new clothes..”

 

Jisoo took her phone out and checked if anything had been deposited to her account already.

 

Her eyes widened at the amount she had received.

 

“Do I really just need to be his bodyguard?” asked Jisoo. “Why would someone pay us that much? Is there something else I must do?”

 

She catches on pretty quick. She knows it’s weird that someone would approach Valente to hire a bodyguard. Why would they ask one from from an illegal company?

 

And she was right.. her instincts never lie to her..

 

“The client wants you to spy on him while pretending to be his bodyguard.. he asked you to observe him.. everything he does..” said Big Bear. “That’s the only instruction we received so far..”

 

So she needs to spy on him.. she knows it’s the riskiest thing she would ever do as an errand girl.. she has to show her face completely to the enemies.. she has to reveal her name.. 

 

But that money is tempting.. if she does the job well.. she might be able to move to Iceland anytime soon.. her dream will soon be fulfilled.. 

 

“Are you up for it?” asked her boss. “Do you want it?”

 

She has decided. This might be her last mission.. maybe after this she’ll fly directly to see the northern lights she has been wishing to see..

 

“Same rules.. Daffodil..” he continued speaking. “You must not reveal anything about yourself and about Valente.. don’t forget that..”

 

That’s the most important rule of their company. Even if she’s on the brink of death.. she must not reveal anything about Valente.

If she defies it, she’ll get killed instantly.

 

 

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

“You must be kidding me uncle..” said V to Soohyun. “Why would I even need a bodyguard?”

 

V went to meet his uncle to his office in Aurora.

 

“Hyung.. you should talk about it with your dad..” said V to RM. “When did this idea come from?”

 

Soohyun took over Aurora when V’s parents dad died in that plane crash. He has taken care of him ever since that day.

 

“Soon you’ll need to enter the company V..” said RM. “You need to have your own bodyguard.. I agree with dad..”

 

V sighed in disbelief. He doesn’t want to be controlled.. he hates it when someone imposes him to do something.

 

“I told you I was not ready to start working yet..” he replied. “Isn’t it too soon to be talking about this? It’s frustrating.. uncle.. please? I don’t need a bodyguard..”

 

“You have been creating a lot of trouble these months V..” Soohyun said. “You drank and almost got i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter