Neck

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

She’s emotional when it comes to him.

 

 

“Why are you awake already? Are you feeling better now?” asked RM seeing V already dressed up for work while sitting in the living room. “You drank a lot last night with Tzuyu.. do you even remember what-..?”

 

He stopped seeing what V was holding in his hands.

 

He was looking for that article since that morning. No wonder he couldn’t find it anywhere. How did his cousin manage to get his hands on it?

 

“V..” he said gently as he sat in front of him. “Listen..”

 

“What is this article hyung?” asked V confused. “Why didn’t I hear about it before? This must be fake, right?”

 

RM sighed. What can he tell him? He doesn’t know it either.. he discovered that article after digging a lot about Aurora for months. 

 

That article isn’t anywhere on the internet and he only managed to get his hands on it through a police friend he has.

 

That’s why he needs to ask his dad about it.. he also wants to know the truth.. he and V were still young when it happened so he’s just as clueless as him.

 

“Why does it say that my parents might have not died in that plane crash?” V looked perplexed. “And that secret? Is it true that my dad stole someone else’s designs?”

 

That is also RM’s suspiscion. 

 

If V’s dad ever stole someone’s designs from that employee who took her own life.. then why was there no article published about it around that time?

 

And about V’s parents.. all media outlets reported that they were killed in that plane crash..

 

Even RM is confused.. he needed to talk with his dad first so he could know what to tell V but his cousin caught him before he could also have an answer.

 

But the thing he fears the most right now is about the husband and child of the woman who died 15 years ago.

 

If his suspiscion were true, then the person who wants to hurt V now is related to that woman.

 

Who would it be? Did her husband really die? And her daughter? Is she also dead now?

 

He’s utterly confused about the situation too.. he is just as frustrated as V..

 

A few moments later, Soohyun came.

He was in another city the night before and was exhausted from his trip so he was planning to just rest all day.

 

Little did he know that an even more tiring day was awaiting him.

 

V didn’t hesitate to ask his uncle about it. 

RM found it difficult to even bring up the topic but his cousin just asked him directly.

 

“What’s the truth behind this?” asked V showing his uncle the article.

 

Soohyun’s eyes widened as he looked at what he was holding.

 

“Where did you get that from?” he asked raising his tone. “Don’t bother yourself about it and just go to work today..”

 

Soohyun has never raised his voice like that to him. He would scold his own son RM but never V..

 

“I’ll only go if you tell me the truth uncle..” he said firmly. “I think this matter is something I need to know..”

 

“That article is fake..” said Soohyun taking it away from him and ripping it. “It isn’t important..”

 

“What do you mean it isn’t important?” asked V frustrated at his uncle’s response. “My parents’ death isn’t important? I need to know at least how they died.. because I’m their son.. so please-..”

 

“I told you not to be bothered by this..”

 

“You always tell me not to bother about anything! You tell me not to worry, not to think, not to do anything.. you have been telling me that for 15 years uncle.. that’s why I grew up like this not knowing anything.. I grew up like an idiot unlike RM hyung.. I barely finished my college.. now I’m forced to work at Aurora when I have no idea what work I am doing.. I’m grateful that you trust me and want me to be the next CEO but uncle.. this isn’t it.. why can’t you even tell me about my parents?”

 

RM was sweating buckets while listening to his dad and cousin arguing like that.

 

He didn’t know V has been feeling like that for years. He was unaware of his cousin’s suffering.

 

“You two know that everything I did was for your own sake, right? That everything I tried to keep hidden from you was for the company’s sake..” said Soohyun as he approached V. “Whatever I didn’t and couldn’t tell you.. can’t you just think that it was the best for you?”

 

Did he just confirm all of RM’s theory? Did he just admit the content of that article?

Did he just say he kept his mouth shut about everything for everybody’s sake?

 

V left the two alone. RM was about to follow him but Soohyun grabbed his arm.

 

“Dad.. V shouldn’t leave by himself just-..” 

 

Soohyun shook his head.

 

“You heard him already, didn’t you?” he said sighing. “He must be feeling so upset so he needs to pacify his anger.. he’ll come back home.. you know your cousin..”

 

“Then will you let him wander around knowing that someone might harm him?” RM looked mad as well. “What if he gets into fights like how he used to before? You also know how impulsive he is when he’s furious..”

 

V created a lot of troubles when he was still attending high school. He didn’t know how to fight but he was always involved in every school fight.

 

It was how he relieved his stress back then. He was immature and hadn’t been able to accept his fate that time.

 

RM went out of their house but V wasn’t anywhere near anymore.

 

 

———————-

 

 

“Then you shouldn’t have let him leave the house!” said Jin. “You were busy eavesdropping that you forgot he could be in danger now..”

 

“That’s why I asked you to help me find him.. he might be anywhere right now.. RM told me he went out of their house furiously.. he might get himself in huge trouble..” Jisoo looked very worried that it was making Jin jealous too.

 

“Alright.. I’ll look for him around the company’s area and you try looking for him around his house.. he might go there.. you said he was the type to stay alone when he’s concerned about something..” he said tapping her shoulders.

 

“Call me if you happen to find him..” said Jisoo as she walks past him but Jin grabbed her arm to stop her.

 

“About that newspaper.. I think our Boss will be able to find out if I ask him.. why don’t we-..?”

 

“No.. I will find out about it by myself without getting that old fart involved..” she said. “You already know what he’ll say if I ask him for a favor.. I’ll better do it myself..”

 

Jisoo left and contiuned her search for V. 

She has been circling around the entire city all day but she has no idea where he could have gone to. He even left his cellphone and she couldn’t track him.

 

It was almost 5 pm when she decided to go to V’s house to check once again if he went there.

 

She had already gone there twice but he wasn’t there. And just like what she had expected, he hasn’t come home.

 

She looked around his house while trying to think where he went. She stopped by his room and saw that fairy tale book once again.

 

She hasn’t even asked him anything about it. She hasn’t even told him that she’s the owner of the book.

She was feeling restless that she isn’t by his side. She’s hoping he’s okay.. that he isn’t hurt..

 

As soon as she stepped outside his room, she heard the door opening.

And there came inside V wearing his suit when he didn’t even go to work that day.

 

Jisoo ran to him and grabbed his wrist. V was startled to see her inside his house.

 

“What are you doing here?” asked Jisoo looking like she was about to cry anytime.

 

“I think I should be the one asking you that.. this is my house, I came to take a shower..” he replied cooly. “You.. what are you doing here?”

 

He looked like nothing really happened that morning.. like he didn’t disappear and worry anyone.

 

V pushed her aside gently and took off his jacket putting it on the sofa.

He went to his room directly but Jisoo followed him behind.

 

“Where have you been all day?” Jisoo’s voice was loud but full of concerns. 

 

V looked at her.

 

“I’m going to shower now.. are you staying inside my room?” he asked grinning. “Stay if you want..”

 

Jisoo was busy scanning his face and hands. He didn’t seem to have gotten into any fight. He didn’t have a single bruise.

She felt relieved for a moment.

 

V ed his shirt while looking at her.

 

“You’re really staying?” he asked teasing her.

 

Jisoo went out immediately and shut the door. 

Is he really okay or just pretending to be okay?

He must have been shocked to hear about his parents. He must have been mad at his uncle but why is he acting like that?

 

Jisoo was waiting for him to come out of his room so she can ask him if he is really okay but it has already been more than an hour since he said he’d take a shower.

 

She was getting worried. What if he did something to himself? He wouldn’t think of doing anything bad to him, would he?

 

She was nervous. She needs to check on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter