Truth

My daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Her background has been revealed.

 

 

 

The timing is always at worst.

Why did his uncle have to come at that exact moment? Just when he was kissing her forehead.. just when she had her eyes closed..

 

Why didn’t RM tell her that his dad was going to see V? He could have given her a heads up!

 

And so right now.. she is put in this bad situation..

 

Soohyun looked mad. He was already suspiscious of Jisoo because of those pictures last time and now he hates her even more because she’s flirting with his nephew.

 

“A new bodyguard will replace you from tomorrow..” said Soohyun. “I’ll double pay you this month so you won’t feel it’s unfair..”

 

That can’t happen! Jisoo needs to be by his side! She has yet to catch the bad guy!

 

“Uncle..” V tried to interrupt.

 

“That’s why I told your cousin not to give you a female bodyguard.. I knew this would happen..” said Soohyun aloud. “We can never trust anyone these days..”

 

“I was the one who fell for her uncle.. she doesn’t even like..” V explained.

 

Jisoo kept her head low as she stood in front of them.

 

V’s problems have been piled up. First it was only about the man threatening him then his parents and now Jisoo.

 

Nothing is going her way.. not a single thing!

 

V doesn’t want Jisoo to quit because of him. It’s all his fault for liking his bodyguard.. why does his uncle have to tell her to leave?

 

Right then, RM came inside his house. He was out of breath as he entered.

 

He didn’t know his dad would come to V’s house. He was only informed by the maid that his dad wanted to pay his cousin a visit to talk to him.

 

He knew just by the look in his dad’s eyes that he caught the two of them. 

To be honest, he knew that Jisoo also likes V but he still didn’t want her to quit because of that sole reason. He trusts her skills and knowing that she is in love with V, RM took advantage of this so he’d be sure that Jisoo will protect him in any way she can.

 

“Hyung..” said V standing up.

 

V thought he came in at the right time. He knows he’s fond of her, he came to help him convince Soohyun.

 

“Jisoo will quit..” said RM.

 

Jisoo was startled. What did he just say? Why? They talked about it already. 

 

“Can I talk with Jisoo outside?” asked RM. “I have to know when I can send her the last pay..”

 

Jisoo bowed her head and went out with him leaving V and his uncle alone.

 

“Uncle.. she saved me a lot of times already.. if it weren’t for her.. I’d be dead.. why do you need to replace her just because I’m in love with her?” V looked totally frustrated. 

 

“You said you wanted to talk about your parents, didn’t you?” asked Soohyun changing the topic. “I’ll tell you everything you want to know..”

 

V was speechless. 

 

“It’s true they didn’t die in that plane crash..” said Soohyun. “My brother and your mother never got on that plane because they never even went to Paris.. they disappeared before their flight..”

 

“What?” asked V. “They disappeared?”

 

Soohyun nodded his head.

 

“I only knew about it months after that accident..” he replied. “It was already revealed in the television that they were included in the passenger list of that plane but I learned later on that they couldn’t even go to Paris.. their car disappeared.. I couldn’t tell you this because I knew you’d be worried V..”

 

V suddenly felt dizzy. His uncle has been keeping this from him for a long time.

Why is he telling this to him now just so he could avoid his questions about him firing Jisoo?

 

“We never found their bodies.. the secret investigation went on for five years without finding the suspect..” Soohyun continued. “And then.. the suspect was declared dead.. just like that..”

 

“Who is he? Who killed my parents?” 

 

Soohyun sighed deeper. He seemed to be in thoughts on whether to tell him or not.

 

V looked even more curious. Why is his uncle hesitating a lot? If the suspect is already declared dead.. why can’t he just spill it out?

 

“Kim Jaehyuk.. the husband of a female employee who committed suicide inside the company she worked at.. he pretended to work as a driver the day of your parents’s departure and disappeared..”

 

V was choked with emotions. Everything his uncle said was new to him.

He was still heartbroken about his parents’ sudden death even after fifteen years and now with this.. he feels more devastated and anguished.

 

“What does he have to do with my mom and dad? What does his wife’s death have to with them? Why did he kill them? Why?”

 

Soohyun came closer to him and placed his hands on his shoulders.

 

“Your dad.. my brother..” Soohyun sighed yet again. “He stole Kim Jaehyuk’s wife’s designs...and the company she was working at shut down because she was accused of plagiarism.. that’s why she killed herself..”

 

V covered his face with his hands as he started crying. 

He thought nothing could shock him anymore.. why is everything so twisted? 

 

Soohyun hugged him tight. He felt sorry for his nephew. He thought it was for the better that he kept everything hidden from him.

But seeing V that confused and lonely at the same time, he feels bad..

 

Soohyun couldn’t tell the press about the truth about their death because if he did, he would also need to expose the truth about his brother stealing someone’s designs. And he couldn’t just let the company go down like that.. V’s dad worked hard for it.. 

 

 

———————-

 

 

“You got fired again?” asked Jin laughing at Jisoo. “How many times are you going to get fired? What did you do this time?”

 

Jisoo was just frowning. She wouldn’t dare talk about what she did to get fired.

 

“What are you going to do now?”

 

“His cousin asked me to continue working for him.. he said I can continue looking over V so I’ll have to follow him around while staying hidden.. that’s my expertise, isn’t it?” Jisoo smiled as she said that.

 

She was glad that RM decided to let her continue her job. That’s the only thing she wants.. she has to catch that man before he does V harm..

 

And after that.. she will confess her feelings to V.. she has decided to tell him that she likes him.. that’s why she needs to catch that man as soon as possible.

 

“But you don’t look sad at all..” said Jin noticing her grin never faded once. “Did you find out anything about that man?”

 

She shook her head. 

 

“Nothing.. he has been too quiet these days that it makes me nervous..” she replied scratching her head. “At least I know how he looks like.. I’ll be able to recognize him if I see him again.. and his voice sounded quite familiar too..”

 

“What if he’s a night courier like us just like what we suspected at first?” asked Jin concerned. 

 

“What I’m worried about is if he isn’t like us..” she replied. “Night couriers like us don’t kill people.. we just do illegal stuff but we don’t harm anyone..”

 

Jin nodded his head as his lips lifted into a smile.

 

“That’s right.. Big Bear told us we should never harm and kill anyone..” he said. “I guess that old man has a heart after all..”

 

———————-

 

 

It’s been a few days already since Jisoo stopped working as a bodyguard.

 

V hasn’t come out of his room since then. Although his uncle managed to convince him to come back to their house, he was still downhearted. 

 

He has no appetite.. he has no desire of doing anything..

He feels distressed about everything.. the company which used to be important for him turned out to be the hell.. it was all because of that company that his parents died.

 

He knows he shouldn’t be acting like that.. he knows time has already passed.. he should just leave everything behind.. he knows that.. but he can’t..

 

His new bodyguard has been guarding him outside his room. Even the change of bodyguard was ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter