Mission Back to Palace

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Zaharia was also in detention now, it was even more difficult for Vinasaka to sneak out. “No matter what, she will find it out in an instant.” But he couldn’t ditch his friend also. Finally, after a whole deal of brainstorming, he thought of a master plan and was so impressed by it himself that he couldn’t control his grin.

Off he went to get into action! As he entered his sister’s chambers, he walked to where the princess was sitting doing something in a paper with a sneering look on her face, so intently engaged that she didn’t even hear her attendants announcing the arrival of her brother. Vinasaka stooped from above and upon a closer look, he saw a disfigured human body painted in blue and then scratched rigorously over and over again to the point that it hardly looks like a picture anymore.

Vinasaka didn’t dare mess with his infuriated sister and instead asked, “Sister, sister? Who is this?”

“OH!?” she hid the paper away upon reflex when she heard the voice, “No one! It’s nothing?”

After calming herself down a bit, she said, “How come no one announced your arrival?”

“They did, but you were too busy!” Vinasaka sat down beside her. Zaharia’s only weak spot was her brothers and Vinasaka knew it after all. She ruffled with his hair and asked, “So? What is it this time? What are you here for? Another favour, another request? C’mon spill it out!” He was found out even before he could try out his plans.

An awkward laugh followed by a sudden clasping of hands in form of request, “Sister, please don’t let others know. Please!”

“You are going out again!!” she almost screamed when Vinasaka quickly sshh-ed her, “But Vin you know the amount of destruction that happens everyti-...”

“I know sister, but trust me this time I did not harm any body and moreover...,” he was about to take Mir’s name when he stopped. Among his many forbidden acts was also an act which forbids him to involve or talk or even meet a stranger. This was only done to protect Vinasaka. Since there were rumours everywhere, there had been a lot of times when various people has tried to poison him or kill him quietly since he was clearly a threat to mankind and the whole world. Everytime something like that happened, the king had himself taken care of such matters and those people were never seen again. Vinasaka knew everything so he dare not mention about Mir.

“Moreover?” Zaharia asked waiting for him to finish.

“Umm...moreover you know how boring it is to be inside the royal premises all day!” With a little more coaxing, he managed to win over the princess. “Fine, but keep your promise alright.”

“Ay ay madam!” Vinasaka made a silly gesture of a salute and left her sister smiling, hopping out of the room.

They met everyday but Vinasaka would still feel the same amount of excitement as the first day. Mir asked him, “I heard about something happening with royal siblings yesterday in the town?”

“Oh that!” Vinasaka replied lazily sitting against a tree and Mir followed him as well, as he continued to describe the whole incident. After he finished and shrugged, Mir burst out laughing, “You fell down from the tree...in front of everyone?”

“Did you just pick that out from the entire story that I had just narrated?” Vinasaka couldn’t believe him but joined him slowly and soon both of them were laughing hard.

“Why are you laughing?” Mir asked holding his stomach still laughing.

“Because YOU are laughing!” Vinasaka actually ended up laughing at himself.

When they were both back to being able to control themselves, Mir cleared his throat and said, “I am sorry, I shouldn’t have laughed at your highness.” However, his laugh was leaking from his words again and both remained silent for about a minute before they started laughing again like crazy.

The silence of the dark woods was finally broken and now it was filled with the laughter o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter