Friend

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being the youngest of the royal siblings, Vinasaka was immensely spoiled and pampered by his parents and his older siblings, specially his oldest brother, his highness Crown Prince, Amir. The king would often be busy with the kingdom’s affairs and the crown prince would take that opportunity to act like a father to his sister and brothers.

Vinasaka always dressed in red, his robes in hues of scarlet and golden and would always wear a ‘kara’ in his right hand which was his first birth day gift from Guruji, precisely to help him refrain from losing control of his inhuman strength. As long as the kara was there, it would help him control his emotions and every time he loses control, the kara would tighten its grip around his wrist to bring his consciousness back.

The kingdom of hearts had no idea of the curse of the third Prince. However there were substantial rumours regarding him and his name.

“Why did the royal highness name his own son like that?”

“It is scary indeed, I have heard that he is cursed!”

“Really? No wonder the birth of the third prince is considered a bane to the royal residence.”

Since it was a name marked by the demon king himself, there was no way they could change it, so they all called him ‘Vin’. He knew about himself, the curse and everything; probably that was one of the ways to reduce damage. But he still hated how he was not allowed to leave the royal premises without his siblings or his parents. When he was the age, like many others, he also wanted to go to gurukul, but allowing that would be shouldering a tremendous amount of risk. Thus, under the orders of the royal highness, the gurukul was shifted to the royal premises.

Vinasaka had a lot of friends and as mischievous as he was, he would often sneak out of the premises disguised as a student of the gurukul and would end up getting caught by one of his brothers and letting himself dragged back to the residence. One such day when he managed to escape the watchful eyes of all the royal guards, Vinasaka and his friends stopped running when they found themselves in the woods. The plan was a success and they all started laughing as if they had attained huge victory. I mean they were all ten year olds. No wonder this was a huge feat for them.

But looks like their celebration is short lived. When they turned back to look at the sudden strange presence behind them, they were stunned. A huge wolf, white as snow, with looming red eyes was nearing them with slow steps. It was not difficult to understand that it was no ordinary wolf. It was a beast- a demon beast and it looked like a feast to it. It lowered its head to pick up something from the ground and when Vinasaka realised what it was, he almost tried to reach it by reflex but immediately fell back, “Noo, my pendant!!”

All the other boys started running the opposite way. Vinasaka kept holding onto their clothes, begging them to help him, not leave him alone but not a single soul was willing to risk it all.

“Please, don’t leave,” he cried as he clutched his ‘best friend’s’ sleeve, “Please, the pendant!.....It is very important. My father gave that to me....listen to me. HEY don’t go away. Hey!” Tears rolled down his cheeks as he kept hollering and screeching. The wolf came running to his direction and he covered himself, scared that it was the end for him, but there was nothing. He peeked from behind his arms and found the wolf cowering behind a tree almost quivering as if it had been blocked by something terrifying. As he shifted his gaze, there he saw him for the first time; standing there was a boy about same age as him with a written spell in his hands and a small sword at his back looking at him with a smile and his hand extended for him to take.

Vi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter