The Blade of Catastrophe

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are indeed getting too close to me considering the fact that we have met only recently,” Vinasaka said with a smirk. They were still in the same position when Sansara realised it and finally stood up brushing himself, “Ahemm, it’s you who pulled me!”

“You are welcome,” Vinasaka replied as he too got up and stood beside him. Sansara became embarrassed at the thought that he should have thanked him first for saving him. However, when he saw the cut on his arm, he squinted his eyebrows, “You are bleeding?”

Vinasaka covered his arms quickly with his sleeves, “Ahh, about that. It’s a human body so this is normal.”

Roy gathered up some courage and said, “Pardon my insolence, but demon Lord aren’t you supposed to change your spiritual shell often to remain in the best form?”

“I didn’t,” replied Vinasaka. Sansara had observed this before. His body is always extremely cold. Even last time when he visited the netherworld, it was freezing. “Why?” he asked .

“There’s someone I wanted to recognise me the moment they see me.” Vinasaka said the words so quietly that Roy and Sila almost couldn’t hear it.

“Who?” Sansara suddenly found that he was curious. However Mohi interrupted at the same time, “Demon Lord Vinasaka? If I’m not wrong then this infamous ‘blade of catastrophe’ belonged to a demon.” Vinasaka turned to look at Mohi.

After a while, he said with a face as stiff as a rock, “It’s mine!”

The angels and Sansara almost couldn’t believe it. “I made sure to bury it deep underneath the earth. It is not possible for it to emerge unless someone has broken the seal or put a reverse incantation.”

“Why did you bury it?” Sansara asked. Seeing his curiosity, Vinasaka turned to the side where Sansara was standing, bent himself a little to bring himself face to face with the other person, smiled mischievously and asked, “Dear lord, you are awfully too curious about me. I wonder why?”

Sansara was almost going red in his face when he turned to other sides and coughed before saying, “Would you stop joking! It’s just that...I am curious about the entire thing!”

“The previous demon lord put a vicious incantation on it which enforced the blade to kill its target once determined. I had no other choice.” Vinasaka completed his explanation when he turned strict once more and continued, “However, ...” Roy and Sila froze at the sudden change of the tone of the voice, “Since this blade belonged to me, I would rather you people not interfere in this matter.”

Mohi said calmly, “Excuse me my lord, I know that the spiritual weapon is your custody but this realm where it surfaced is neither under the jurisdiction of the angels nor the demons. I am afraid you have to allow us in the investigation.” Then he bowed very politely and stepped back.

There was a visible change in his eyes which turned red and he said quietly yet everyone could feel the voice near their ears, “Are you trying to defy me?” He had almost made a blue flame in his palm when Sansara sensed the danger behind his voice and held his hands, “Vinasaka, listen to me!” In an instant, his eyes turned back to normal and the blue flame was gone. The two junior angels heaved a sigh of relief.

“Please allow me in this investigation. I want to know more about it.” He was going to bow when Vinasaka stopped him and Mohi cried from the other side, “My lord-?” But he stopped as he soon as he found Vinasaka did not allow that. He then continued, “It’s not appropriate for you to bow in front of anyone.”

Hearing this Vinasaka gave a slanted look to Mohi, and Roy and Sila were absolutely clueless about the entire thing happening in front of their eyes. He turned to Sansara and said, “I was going to ask you to come with me anyway!”

“Hmm?”

“Let’s go.”

“Where to?”

“Kahuna!”

“You mean the land of the waves?”

“I am sorry to interrupt but I cannot allow my lord to go anywhere by himself,” Mohi interrupted in between.

“Ughh, it’s you again?!” Vinasaka rolled his eyes to face Mohi and Mohi instantly answered, “It’s the orders of the Lord Almighty.”

“There are things I still don’t know about the angels’ realm. I hope we can bring him along?” Sansara looked at him with puppy eyes and Vinasaka facepalmed himself and replied, “Alright fine!”

Sansara grinned broadly at his request being accepted. He knew that his father might made a ruckus about the fact that he met Vinasaka in spite of him not allowing it but having Mohi along might pacify the situation a bit. Watching Sansara so happy, Vinasaka couldn’t help but smile as if he had just treated a little boy to a candy.

Just then Sansara saw Mohi summoning his bird probably to send word to his father.

“Mohi stop. You should not. Once he knows we are defying his orders, things might not be that easy anymore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter