You Never Thought of Me As a Friend?

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of all the murder attempts on Vinasaka till date, this one seemed to have the most impact. It even had him lying on bed two days straight. Given his exceptional immunity though, he became fine after being treated for a few days.

Amir, Mihas and Zaharia didn't know of anything else except just the name and his magic, so everyone had been waiting for Vin to wake up but it turns out that his knowledge was limited as well. The king's orders were to capture him no matter what but it was really hard when nobody seemed to know that guy.

Vinasaka didn't smile after that day. He felt like he had been stabbed. A mixture of emotions such as hatred, anger, disappointment and mostly heart-broken all loomed over him and even if he was fine, anybody who looked at him would say that he was sick. He honestly didn't know whether having Mir erased would get him back to normal? O would he like more to know that it was all wrong, a dream may be?

Sometimes he would just feel that maybe Mir was trying to eradicate him in order to keep the world safe just as how several others wanted him gone. Some other time he wanted to face Mir and get some answers. In short his mind was a complete mess.

The king was furious this time. Though he was really worried about the third prince, he refused to forgive his children so soon for their mistakes. King Vasu had, since the birth of his youngest, made the royal military strict for he knew he couldn't stop the word from going out. However, this has been the first time that something as powerful and poisonous had hit them which only means that the poison would have a thousand times worse effect on any other person. The enemy was not someone you should mess with.

The matter was quite serious, so his highness didn't take a risk on discussing it with any other official but just 'guruji' and himself in his chambers.

"No matter what, we need to find the boy."

Guruji maintained his calm posture as he said, "However, my lord, is there any progress? I heard that nothing except his name and power is known. There are plenty of people using the same water magic..."

"I know, but I am afraid this matter, if delayed, will lead to worse situations. What if it's the..." King Vasu clenched his fist tight on his right thigh and spoke with much disdain.

"The demon king? Asura?" Guruji, however, had no change in his tone as he sipped his cup of tea.

"You think so as well, Guruji?"

"No, I don't," The king's face took a drastic turn from frowning to a confused one. "I mean, Asura is the one who cursed him to destroy the world. It doesn't make sense that he himself would try to kill him." Well, what guruji said, did have some depth, so his highness began to think again but then who could it be?

That's what Vinasaka overheard them talking about but somewhere he didn't want to believe all this. It was as clear as day but he still wanted more confirmation.

Something made him feel that maybe Mir would be waiting for him at the same place like every other day. He decided to go, for one last time and if still things don't turn out as he wants, he will give up.... for sure this time!

Willing to take the risk, he finally managed to sneak out. It has been a week since that day. He was scared lest what he should find out actually turns out to be utterly defeating. He didn't know how he should react then. He wasn't prepared at all, but still... he went.

As he walked to the forest with his head full of fears and insecurities, he found a white little figure squatting down by the river, one arm holding the knees and the other twirling the river water. He didn't notice but his lips parted and a smile had already formed on his li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter