The Diamond Kingdom

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No matter what, this was way too sudden. Not only did it cause an instant uproar in the crowd, it shocked Sansara, Mohi and every other mage present there.

How could it happen in front of their eyes with all of them present yet unable to prevent it?!

They couldn’t waste a minute longer. They were about to leave for the queen when the townsfolk suddenly grabbed an arm of Mohi and began to plead, “Please don’t leave us alone. Who knows if Banshee comes again! We don’t want to die.”

“Yes yes, please don’t leave us to die!”

“Please don’t abandon us.”

 They were right though. Somebody had to go after Banshee too and now that she was probably somewhere close, it would be easier to track her down.

After a minute of discussion of reaching nowhere, Vinasaka announced, “Let it be Sansara and I, who go to the queen and the rest of you can go after Banshee.”

“DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO WHAT WE WERE TALKING FOR A MINUTE?” Mohi cried but Vinasaka seemed to be cleaning his ears for he didn’t register any of it.

“Whatever! Sansara is ...coming with me?” Vinasaka had said it from his own accord, so as if he realised something important and changed his tone from a flat order to that of a question as he turned to look at Sansara with a question mark.

“Heh..he, sure..no problem,” Sansara laughed awkwardly at first but watching Vinasaka smile, after he agreed, he actually realised that the other had thought of his consent first. Therefore his awkward smile turned into something of a genuine sort.

However, Mohi wasn’t ready to back out so easily. He retorted, “I am ordered to be with him, protect him all the time.”

“Do you underestimate him that much?” Looked like Vinasaka changed his strategy and as a result Mohi couldn’t quite find himself in a position to be able to answer it since both answers would be against his favour anyway.

Sansara said reassuringly, “Don’t worry Mohi. You take care of yourself and the others. We will be fine.”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt. Who cares about him!” Mohi almost pouted and rest of the gang cringed at it so hard that they started walking away on their own.

With that they started on their separate journeys. Mohi, Suiyo and the junior angels took the help of the townfolk who said that she had seen where the boy had been running from, so they headed that way whereas Sansara and Vinasaka decided not to teleport since they might come across important clues along the way. Besides they didn’t know the way too well.

As they entered the capital, nothing much had changed. It sounded like the same atmosphere but it looked like the sun was about to set. All the way Sansara had been nagging Vinasaka to continue his story whereas Vinisaka only kept saying, “Some other time.” Sansara did say that he would want to call him ‘Imay’ but he didn’t, not yet. 

It’s too awkward!

They were getting more and more hungry and as they proceeded to an eatery, the smell began to enhance itself to another level. Unable to bear it, they entered the place and it was just as they had expected. It was heaven for food lovers. It was no doubt that the Diamond kingdom was indeed the richest of all kingdoms and it generously showed it off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter