Birthday Present

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That was bad, real bad. He couldn’t even go to Mir now for he will only be followed and that will basically be leading them to the target. But Mir was supposed to be waiting – he was indeed waiting. Amir took it upon himself to make sure he doesn’t let Vinasaka escape once again. That was it. Things just got the worst.

It was dark, a lot of time had passed while Vinasaka just anxiously kept looking out of his chamber’s windows without a word. After quite a long time, Amir began, “Are you sure you can help him?” To this, Vinasaka violently turned to look back at him like it was the last thing he was expecting.

“Brother...you...”

He didn’t know why his brother suddenly was behaving that way. But he didn’t have time to ponder about it anyway.

“Can you?” Vinasaka nodded violently which brought a smile on Amir’s face and both of them very efficiently sneaked out without a hindrance. As soon as they reached the forest, Amir stopped, “It’s all upon you now.”

“Mmn, but brother may I ask why suddenly...”

“Ummm ...Let’s just say, I have my own regrets.”

Vinasaka didn’t quite understand but he instantly began proceeding to the direction of the cave. Amir was anxious about the fact whether he did the right thing or simply let his whim take over himself and pushed his own brother towards obvious danger. He decided to wait...right there.

Vinasaka reached the cave as soon as possible, but Mir wasn’t there.

But I remember asking him to wait for me right here! Did he go somewhere?

He began looking for him everywhere but he couldn’t be careless. There were guards everywhere. He almost reached the town but there was no sign of Mir.

Suddenly, he felt sad by the fact that he knew nothing about him. He didn’t know where to look for him, he didn’t know where he lived, he was so lonely yet he never spoke a word about it. And probably, if he hadn’t mentioned his father dying, Vinasaka would have had no idea about that as well. That’s how he realised, he never asked Mir about any of this. Most of their meetings would be mostly about Mir listening to Vinasaka cracking stupid jokes and both of them doubling up in laughter, or them sparring and later Vinasaka sitting on the forest floor sulking at his defeat. But Mir...he never complained about a thing. And yet Vinasaka ended up doubting him. Even if he knows the truth now, the fact can’t be changed that he hadn’t trusted him at first.

As he walked on the streets of the town, he found a bunch of royal soldiers walking towards him and as he looked more carefully, his eyes became wider and wider as soon as he noticed Mir captured by them. Mir faced down at the road as he was getting dragged by them probably to the palace. There was no better idea that he could think of at that time, honestly.

Vinasaka simply walked to the guards with a proud expression on his face, probably way too nervous from inside and threw a casual question, “Where are you all going?”

The guards upon recognising him instantly kneeled on the spot…. without letting go of the prisoner.

Ughh, more acting!!

“Third prince, we found the traitor who tried to kill you!” Mir was happy to see Vinasaka at first but the sudden discovery of this fact brought a drastic change in his face and it was as if the words were stuck in his throat. Vinasaka wanted to scream ‘NOOO’ but that wouldn’t help the situation so he tried to continue his acting as he walked towards Mir and said, “Let me see then...”

As soon as he found the guard having let go of Mir, Vinasaka used his spell to cut off the rope that was used to bind Mir’s hands and pulled him along before Mir had realised the situation himself.

One time, he actually tried screaming, “Where are we going?” to which Vinasaka only replied, “Anywhere but here!!”

“....”

“...”

The guards were on their tails to be specific, but the kids, they were fast...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter