The Demon Overlord

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Be careful, there is someone else!” Vinasaka looked around himself cautiously before his gaze fell on Sansara who kept on chanting healing spells without stopping. Honestly this was no use until now, since her spell was counterattacked by the person who just died but since he was gone, it seemed as if she was actually showing signs of progress.

“Is she…,” Vinasaka began but Sansara completed as he gladly looked up at him with a hint of hope, “...Reacting!”

“That’s good, that’s good! Now we just need to find the culprit!” Vinasaka cursed under  his breath, silently worried about the death that just happened and without a doubt Sansara was also troubled by the sudden passing away of the man so he muttered, “So he was just a pawn!”

But since the man had died now, her magic must have stabled as a result of which the memory maze of time must have been cleared up. Just as he thought, the old woman from before, dragged herself in front of the chamber, “My L-lord…,” but it was not how they had expected to see her. She was all drenched in blood as if somebody had spilled it on her but on clearer inspection, it was found that the wound was her own. She bled from her stomach and throat. No wonder she was not alive anymore but…

“A walking dead…” For Sansara, though it was the first time he had seen something like that, he still seemed to have known about it. Her eyes were the worst, it looked like it could come out any moment. She was pathetically trying to walk towards them. At first it even looked like she was in her senses when she kept stammering and calling them talking a long time just to walk a single step but all of a sudden Sansara’s eyes widened when she almost crawled at double the pace straight towards Sansara or actually, Zaharia. 

Vinasaka didn’t even blink when he brought out his sharp longsword Lyca and held it vertically touching the ground in front of Sansara as if putting up a barrier but to his surprise, clang and it was the sound of two swords clashing as Sansara had also at the same time used his free hand to strike a barrier with pegasus, the snow blade horizontally. Both of them glanced at each other when Vinasaka had actually let out a smirk, “Not bad!”

When they looked at the woman, it was a strange feeling. It was hard for Vinasaka to actually see the look on her face from where he was standing but Sansara could see it very well. Due to the double barrier set up in front of her, she didn’t seem to be able to actually invade but she kept trying from where she was. Although her movements were messy, unclear of what motives she behold, her eyes, they looked like she had something to say, they looked like she was desperately trying to hold herself back. Sansara noticed a tear rolling down her eyes, as she kept screaming without making any sense and as he continued to look, Vinasaka asked, “What’s wrong? Do you sense something?”

“She….is not completely dead, isn’t it?” Sansara looked up at Vinasaka to confirm when Lyca appeared as a cat and started sniffing the woman and jumped on Vinasaka’s shoulder.

“Looks like it,” Vinasaka was about to inspect more when suddenly the door crashed open and with a deafening sound a bunch of men started pouring in, all looking more or less like the old woman but definitely dead.

Vinasaka was rapid in his actions. The barrier was held by Sansara and Lyca went back to its sword form as if on cue and murmured as he saw Sansara was about to join, “Don’t need to…”

“But they are all...the palace guards!” Definitely, they were palace guards who were missing earlier. It was very easily detectable from their monotonous uniforms but what Sansara had actually meant was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter