The Ace

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was scary how each of their faces had the scariest expressions and Vinasaka didn’t dare go near them. He decided to wait behind the tree for an opening and a better opportunity. As he was watching them, he gradually squinted his brows when he realised that he might not actually be their target after all. Meanwhile as if on cue, an attendant came out in a hurry and bowed to Amir. He asked the young attendant, “Is he sleeping?”

“Yes, probably your highness crown prince. Youngest prince has been inside his chambers since yesterday and he hasn’t come out yet.”

“That’s strange!” Amir said in disbelief, “He’s not the type...anyway could you keep an eye on him? It’s best for him not to come with us.”

Vinasaka, after hearing everything and confirming that the looming danger was not for him to taste, he grew more curious than ever and started working on his mischief again. While Amir was busy giving his commands before setting out for somewhere which looked and sounded like a real dangerous expedition, Vinasaka sneaked into the royal premises and walked out of the gates as if he just came from inside his chambers, clueless about what everyone was doing. That was just some marvellous acting right there!

Vinasaka came and stood beside Mihas who could immediately sense him beside himself and said, “Vin? Why did you...?”

“Where are you all going? Let me come along? Please!”

“No Vin, it’s really dangerous, we don’t even know who we are up against?” Amir was going to forbid but Zaharia did the work instead so the crown prince just added, “Yes, she is right. You are still a child, it’s going to be really risky. If father knows then he will not be happy about this!”

“You guys always do this! Why?...Mihas please let me go along, hm?” Vinasaka turned to hold Mihas’ hands, considering that he was the most sensitive of the bunch but Mihas said, “This is not an ordinary evil hunt, otherwise you could probably come.”

“It’s not? Well, you guys do look really tense, what’s up?”

Amir said that they would tell him everything when he comes back and it wasn’t really convenient to delay anymore, so they left without taking him anyway. But who would’ve known that the demon child was adept in all sorts of tricks when it came to getting his way. With that, the three, well actually four of them carried on in their journey on the chariot, the older siblings being completely unaware about the fourth presence.

Even if he wasn’t allowed to fight, there were some invaluable things that he learnt from his guru (basically for self defence). There were three chariots which were huge. Each carried a royal child, a bodyguard and several other soldiers. It wasn’t a big deal for Vinasaka to swap himself with a soldier from Mihas’ chariot. He hadn’t yet swapped their bodies, just the soul otherwise even if Mihas couldn’t, given his bodyguard Uta was present, he could have been really caught.

Honestly, Vinasaka felt guilty that he was taking advantage of his brother’s loss of sight but Mihas was way too capable of sensing vitalities around him accurately, so it could be any moment that his facade was going to be thrown away like it was nothing. There was a reason he was called ace. Vinasaka literally held his breath throughout the ride; everybody else maintained the silence too, but the moment they were about to reach, Uta asked Mihas, “How could this unfortunate incident happen in the presence of his highness crown prince?”

Mihas replied very seriously as he held tightly on to his bow and arrows, “That just shows how powerful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter