The Price of Time-Space Magic

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sansara was quite baffled at what was happening in front of him now. Vinasaka had said that it was his sister but she couldn’t recognise him at all. Even Vinasaka behaved quietly strangely as soon as she woke up. He was almost considering the fact that his story might be actually false but then he remembered how the old woman behaved as she recognised him downstairs when they first arrived, as if it was her highness who had told her everything about her brother. So is it possible that...that she didn’t remember him anymore.

On the other hand, the other mighty presence in the room had a different set of emotions playing through his head. First it was already a lot for him to take when the first thing he saw after meeting his sister after so long was her almost dying, then she fails to recognise him and now she was wailing on the floor in a pitiful state right in front of him begging him to help but he couldn’t even if he wanted to.

If this was 300 years ago, could anybody have believed that the pitiful woman lying there right now was Zaharia, the only rare talent who could control and even master the time space magic.Time-space magic- the magic which is sought after by thousands of mages all across the world but fate smiled on only one. However people looked on only the outside and its charms. Such a heavy magical power obviously had its own cons. ….And Vinasaka knew exactly what was the cost of this magic.

But maybe it was for the good that she didn’t remember him anymore!

There was only one thing that Vinasaka never understood...why was she trying so hard. It was never like she had wanted to live long, then what’s the point of going through all this? She could bring an end to all her sufferings by herself, the very moment she stops using her magic.

Among all these thoughts jumbled up in his head when he was almost staring at her without batting an eyelid, he heard Sansara say, “They are here!”

“Who?” Just as Vinasaka asked, both of them were terrified to see the sight in front of them where Zaharia had finally somehow managed to dispel some of the barrier magic as she spit a mouthful of blood. 

It happened in a split of a second. Both of them rushed, one to move her back and the other to mend the barrier and at the same time, several figures had appeared right that instant and the old woman who was currently almost reduced to a corpse, having felt the new presence, paced rapidly towards them and jumped onto the very first figure that appeared. 

“WATCH OUT!” Vinasaka cried but it was too late.

“MOHI,” Sansara was also evidently turning pale at the sudden progress of the events.

Zaharia blinked several times, her face deathly pale as she tried to digest the scene in front of her.

The incoming group of people were indeed alert on any unprecedented movements but this was too much of a shock. Mohi was bitten in his right arm near his wrist and the woman seemed to have latched on to him. Vinasaka didn’t want to but , “Sanyam," he called out his spiritual whip and within a second it had wrapped itself around the woman. He had always avoided using it against common people but he had no choice now. 

Sansara and the others were wondering why he was so hesitant in using that whip when he could have done it long ago but soon as the queen shouted, "Noooo," even the woman began to scream out as loudly as possible. The whip loosened its grip and once again curled itself around Vinasaka's waist but the old woman passed out on the spot.

Vinasaka sighed in relief and patted the hilt of the whip in appreciation. Sansara found the interaction cute but he had no time to keep admiring. Zaharia released herself from the already loosened grip of Sansara and rushed towards the woman where Mohi was already examining her pulse. 

"She just passed out...but the blood that she had lost...it's too much," Mohi hadn't even finished speaking when Zaharia simply without looking in a haste began to use her time magic to seal her time. 

Not again! She was already low on spiritual vitality. There was already a flow of her magic that was constantly taking place. If she loses any more vitality, she would definitely not be able to keep up, nonetheless it might be way too dangerous for her. Before Sansara and Vinasaka could stop her, they found Mohi who was the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter