The Time-Space Labyrinth

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Sansara and the old woman looked at him in utter shock as he said the word.

So this is why he has been like this all the way! But then, if it’s his sister, then that means, she is…..

“Queen Zaharia, she is my older sister. Go and tell her Vin is here to see her,” Vinasaka said once again.

A lot of questions were hurdling up Sansara’s mind one after the other and he didn’t know which one to ask first. Questions like ‘Zaharia is indeed his sister, but wasn’t that a long time ago? How is she still alive? An angel or a demon can’t be a queen!’ “Wait...is she really a demon?” Sansara didn’t realise that he actually blurted out those words loud unlike he had thought. However Vinasaka replied, “No, she is not.” Now this made things even more difficult. 

The woman carefully observed Vinasaka and said word by word very slowly, almost whispering near his ears, “Are ...you...the ...demon king?”

It was actually more surprising for them to see her saying the name without a fear when even angels and demons are no exception from it.

“I am, and may I know who you are?”

“Ohmy...thank goodness, thank goodness you are here. Please save the queen. She’s battling all by herself. Her highness has told me about you before. You are exactly like she had mentioned,” she made a very pained expression but suddenly went strict again as she resumed, “But this is no time for introduction. As you can see, everyone has been killed. Only the queen and both of us are alive somehow, though her highness has suffered innumerable damages and currently her state is very critical.”

“Both of us?” Sansara enquired.

“Ah, yes! There’s another servant beside me who survived. While her highness used her magic to save me, the other servant actually knows a bit of wizardry, so he survived as well. Right now he is busy supporting her majesty with everything he can. Her majesty is barely holding on though. They have been doing this for days. I don’t know how long this will last. Please save her, my lords. Please!” At the end, the old woman had almost folded her arms to join her hands in front of them as a gesture of pleading with tears welling up as if she had finally given in to their despair and the hard times.

Vinasaka was almost about to rush inside followed closely by Sansara when he stopped suddenly and looked back at the old woman. He bent down to meet her gaze and gulped before asking, once again his eyes as scary and red as Sansara had once seen them before. It sent a shiver down the spine of the old woman, who probably thought it to be the end of her though she didn’t know why.

“The palace guards, the army with all high class techniques didn’t survive...and you are telling us that the servant did?”

Just the question,.... and a scream was heard from inside which made all the three of them rush inside without thinking twice. Looked like the woman really never thought about this...how naive! And no wonder, soon all of them were entangled in a maze of time.

It was their carelessness, mainly Vinasaka’s. He knew very well that Zaharia’s time magic has allowed her to persist till now and thus very naturally, she would also use her time magic to heal herself. What was strange was the entire palace was consumed by a time spell turning the place into a dangerous highway of all time and space which attacked anyone and everyone who stepped inside, dragging them all into their maze of boundless memories regardless of the timeframe.

“Dammit, I should have warned Sansara!...Please be okay!” Vinasaka could very easily come out from the spell since it was familiar to him, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter