Banshee...

Doomed from the Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yakshi enchanted a heavy spell which took quite the time before the wall of the cave looked like it was carving out an opening. It was indeed true- Kahuna was actually linked to the Diamond kingdom. On the other side of the cave opening, lay a dense forest. Yakshi informed them that it was the path to the capital of the diamond kingdom and only the queen knows where the red diamond is.

All of them proceeded through the forest with Yakshi guiding them. There was still time for sunrise, so there were high chances they might get lost in the unfamiliar woods. However, Yakshi couldn't accompany them more than that. As they walked through the woods, Mohi kept looking down, fidgeting with his scabbard every now and then. Sansara didn't want to look desperate but all he could think of was Vinasaka's story and it wasn't long before he nervously peeked at the figure walking quietly beside him. Before he could ask something, he noticed that the look on his face wasn't like his usual self anymore. It was more unpredictable than he had ever seen.

And for some reason, he looked nervous...for the first time.

Sansara, for once, knew it would probably be out of place for him to ask what was wrong, so he rather decided to lift up the mood of the group which was currently ...really ~~~~ awkward!

"Vinasaka...," Sansara leaned towards him with bright eyes, "umm... can I call you Imay?"

Vinasaka stopped. Right there. The others had no idea what had happened, so they were all staring at these two cluelessly. Sansara, on the other hand, was done for. Instead of making the situation better, he successfully made it even worse and probably scary for himself.

I should have known! It was Mir who gave that name after all.

"...You can," Vinasaka said after a long time.

Sansara didn't answer. He only looked at him with an 'nearly escaped death' look on his face before Vinasaka continued, "It's just nobody else ever called me that before."

"PHEWWW," The look on Sansara's face relaxed as he said, "You got me for a sec there."

"What are you guys talking about?" Mohi asked as a representative of the rest since the others would rather not.

"Nothing, let's go," Vinasaka started walking again and the sudden stiffening of his expression again caught Sansara to wonder what was wrong with the guy beside him and he had to actually run to catch up to him again.

"Come to think of it...I feel like I have heard the name 'Mir' before...I mean before your story?" Sansara spoke as if he was talking to himself but Vinasaka could hear him clearly.

Maybe he was being way too expectant when the words of Sansara startled him but his expectations were erased and quite short lived as Sansara continued, "Ahh, right! The first time we met few days ago,.... you thought I was Mir, didn't you?"

"Why do you want to call me Imay?" Vinasaka asked without replying to his company. Dodging that was easy as Sansara soon began to think for an answer and said, "Actually I agree with Mir. This name doesn't suit you and now since I know that it was rather imposed on you, I am guessing you don't like it too!"

"What was I even thinking?" Vinasaka knew that he still had a long way to go.

They almost reached the capital. It was this little town that they had to cross to get to the capital and it was time for Yakshi to bid them goodbye.

"I know I don't need to warn you probably but you know you have to hold your guard against the queen. Be careful!" With that, he left behind three angels, a water demon and a demon king on the journey to obtain one of the 8 rare earth elements.

As they walked into the town, it was early morning. The streets were already full, with such a lot of noise, people everywhere, all of them screaming and howling mostly at the market.

"Isn't this the town of Ratnam, I heard this is the border town of the capital," Sila said and Sansara beamed at how those two juniors wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter