Chapter 18

A Matter of Trust

Jun turned his attention to Kevin who burst into the room after regaining his human form a few minutes after he woke up. "You're awake," said Kevin as he blinked. "You're awake!" He said, tackling Jun as Yunhyeong moved out of the way. "I'm awake," said Jun as he tousled Kevin's hair. Kevin whined as he moved back, threading his fingers through his hair to fix it. "Oi," he whined, earning a chuckle from Jun and an amused snicker from Yunhyeong.

"I'll get the others," said Yunhyeong. "I'll leave you to it," he said, turning and walking out of the room.

"Your wolf took over," said Kevin as he turned to Jun. "I know," said Jun as he looked down at his hands, seeing the slightly twitching fingers. "Is that why I couldn't feel any emotions from you?" Asked Kevin. Jun shrugged. "I thought so," he said. "It seemed it worked," he said. "I didn't want you to fall into the same rage as your brothers," he said. "I get it," said Kevin.

"But you should've told me," said Kevin. "I was panicking because I didn't know what you were doing," he said. "It's alright," said Jun. "It's over now," he said. "It's over for now, but what will happen if it happens again?" Asked Kevin. "It won't," said Jun.

 

~



Yunhyeong entered the room with Daewon and Jacob a few minutes later, with Jacob sighing at Kevin's antics. "Oi," said Kevin. "I haven't been human in months can you blame me?" He asked, glaring at Jacob. "No," said Jacob. "But try and act like you're not 12?" He asked. "Tomorrow," said Kevin. "Fine," said Jacob.

"Leave him be," said Jun. "Seriously," he said. "Sorry," said Jacob. "It's good to see you awake though," he added. Jun nodded, looking down at his hands.

"Are you okay, really?" Asked Daewon. "I'm fine," said Jun. "Really," he added. "No side effects from anything," he said. "I see," hummed Daewon. "I know," said Jun. "You expected something to go wrong but," he said, sighing as he looked down at his hands.

"It's good that there's no side effects," said Yunhyeong. "At least, none that we can see," he added. "Believe me, I'm sure that the chip would compensate for any side effects that came with my wolf taking over," said Jun as the door opened and Moonbin stepped into the room with Chanwoo bringing in Hongseok via the wheelchair.

"You didn't think I'd wake up did you dog?" Growled Jun as he spotted Hongseok. Jacob and Kevin straightened on instinct, Kevin feeling the bit of anger that Jun was feeling. Jacob had felt the brunt of it though, but he forced himself to remain still, waiting for a command.

"We're finally passing judgement on the dog?" Asked Jun as he looked at Moonbin. "We are," said Moonbin as he nodded. "Good," said Jun as he moved to get up, standing with a slight wobble in his step as he got his balance before walking over to Hongseok.

"You deserve what you're getting dog," spat Jun as he went and punched Hongseok in the face before moving back. Hongseok glared at Jun, spitting in his face. "You deserved what happened to you," he growled. Jun growled. "You don't know what happened to me for me to end up the way I did," he snarled, grabbing Hongseok by the shirt and lifting him up.

"You are so lucky I didn't kill you," he spat, throwing Hongseok to the floor. Hongseok landed in a heap, grunting at the impact. Everyone moved away from him, though Jacob and Kevin moved closer to Jun, the contract having control of them as they instinctively moved to be ready to fight at a moments notice.

"Leave him," said Jun as he took a step back. "This is up to the foxes and Yunhyeong at this point," he said. "I'm all for killing him, if it comes down to it," he said, looking at Moonbin who nodded. "If it does I'm sure Yunhyeong will let you get first dibs," said Moonbin.

"We'll be outside then," said Jun. "Sure," said Moonbin. Jun left the room with Jacob, Kevin and Daewon, closing the door behind them.

 

~



"When did I get moved back to the pack house?" Asked Jun as he turned to Daewon after they headed outside, going to sit in their usual spot. "After the 2 month mark," said Daewon. "They couldn't keep you in the hospital, you were pretty much healed," he said. "You were just waiting on me to wake up at that point?" Asked Jun. Daewon nodded.

"I'm surprised he was still alive," said Jun. "I think it was due to your wolf doing enough damage to just cripple him," said Daewon. "In the end it came down to 'shifter law," he said. "You didn't want to kill him because of that," he said. "Or rather, your wolf didn't," he added.

"I think we would've killed him," said Jacob as he scratched the back of his head. "It was definitely a possibility," said Kevin as he shrugged. "I don't think he can fully walk now either," said Daewon. "You really did cripple him," he said.

"Throwing him onto the floor after he pissed you off was a bit much though," said Kevin. "You know my past is a very touchy subject for me," said Jun. "He's got a point," said Daewon.

 

~



"I should just leave you on the floor," said Moonbin as he crossed his arms, going full alpha mode as he stood in his so called "alpha's stance." "But I'm not that cruel," he said, nodding to Chanwoo and Yunhyeong who went to help Hongseok back onto his wheelchair.

"Now," said Moonbin once Hongseok was settled back in his chair. "Why the hell did you decide to try and go against 'shifter law and severely injure your mate?" He asked. "You don't understand," said Hongseok. "Try me," said Moonbin as he glared down at Hongseok.

"He was going to kill us all," said Hongseok. "You don't understand!" He said. "If he was going to do so, wouldn't he have started with the werewolves first?" Asked Moonbin. "Also, even I think that the program in his chip wouldn't stop him from stopping himself when it came to people who are mates," he said.

"What do you want to do with him?" Asked Moonbin as he looked at Yunhyeong. "Send him back to Hui," said Yunhyeong. "Let the hybrids deal with him," he said. "As much as I'd want to keep him here, there's no point anymore," he said. "However, I am not going to reject him," he said. "This time away from each other is going to do us good I hope," he said.

"Did you want to accompany him there or shall I get Hui here?" Asked Moonbin. "We know how this will end if Jun or I go with him," said Yunhyeong. "Get Hui here if you can, I believe Yuto has been wanting to come visit Sanha anyway," he said. "I'll see what I can do," said Moonbin. "Dismissed," he said. Yunhyeong bowed his head before leaving the room.

 

~



"We have to head back," said Jacob as he looked at Kevin. Kevin sighed. "I know," he said. "We each have a country to run," he said, shaking his head. "Tell Eric we said hello," said Jun. "We will," said Jacob. "Be careful out there," said Daewon. "I believe Youngbin is going to stop by to check up on things soon enough, I got a text message from him yesterday," he said.

"Right, Eric should be seeing him soon then," said Jacob. "Yep," said Kevin. "We'll see you around then," he said. "See you whenever," said Jun. "Don't hesitate to use the contract to get us here," said Kevin. "It probably won't get to that point again," said Jun. "But don't worry," he added. "If I need you, I'll call on you," he said. Jacob and Kevin nod before getting up and running into the forest behind the house.

 

~



"You okay?" Asked Jun as Yunhyeong walked over and sat down beside Jun with a sigh. "I'm fine," said Yunhyeong. "Well, as fine as I can be," he added. "It's been a long few months," he said. "I'm glad you're awake though," he said.

"I woke up a week after the incident," said Daewon. "So it really worried everyone when a month passed and you weren't awake yet," he added. "Ah," hummed Jun. "Well, I don't feel any different from before," he said.

"What's going to happen to Hongseok?" Asked Daewon. "Hui's going to come get him," said Yunhyeong. "At least, I asked Moonbin to see if he could come over to take him back," he added. "Sanha hasn't seen Yuto in a while, and Sanha hasn't been able to go see him in months," he said. "Ah," hummed Jun.