Chapter 12

A Matter of Trust

Jun and Hongseok's tense atmosphere eventually exploded, with Hongseok confronting Jun about some suspicions he had. Jun wasn't even doing anything, and Daewon had left again with the promise of being back as soon as possible. He had to catch up with a few of his contacts anyway, to make sure they knew that Chanwoo's network was now in their hands.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Asked Jun as Hongseok pretty much slammed him into the wall behind Jun. "What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?" Snarled Hongseok as he glared at Jun.

"You think I'm afraid of you dog?" Asked Jun as he felt the contact burning, reacting to some anger on Jacob's side. "I suggest you back off," he said, pushing Hongseok away.

Why the hell were they left alone again? Of course, it had to be a day where everyone was busy but himself and Hongseok. Jun wasn't pissed off yet, but he could feel Jacob reacting to the anger of him being pushed into the wall.

"Why are you even here?" Asked Hongseok. "I know you have the contract over those three," he spat. "Your government wasn't exactly secretive when it comes to their soldiers," he growled. "I know about the chip," he said, and a pulsing migraine brought Jun to his knees as he groaned, clutching his head.

"It's a shame, that I'll have to kill you," said Hongseok as everything went black for Jun.

 

~



Daewon had felt the chip reacting to something on Jun's side, and a call from Kevin about Jacob and Eric going on an anger filled rampage made him return to Germany. Kevin had come along, meeting Daewon in Poland. When they made their way back to Germany Kevin was becoming unresponsive at times, just staying in his dog form when they reached Berlin. Daewon was forced to put a collar on Kevin and attach a leash so that no questions would be asked. Kevin remained well behaved so the humans left them alone for the most part.

Yunhyeong met them at the train station, as Hongseok and Jun had been missing from the house for a few days prior to their return. "I swear I don't know what he's doing," said Yunhyeong. "I know," said Daewon. "However, we need to get to him before something happens," he said. "Kevin is not human right now, something is going on," he said.

"Would the contract react like that?" Asked Yunhyeong as he left with Daewon and Kevin. "I don't know, this is the first time this has happened," said Daewon. Kevin seemed to be dragging Daewon in a certain direction so Daewon hurried along, with Yunhyeong quick to follow behind him.

 

~



Jun came to, feeling that his arms were tied behind him with chains attached to the wall behind him stretching his arms behind him. "You're in trouble now," he grunted as Hongseok leaned down into his view. "I don't think so," said Hongseok. "Your body is shutting down you know," he said. "I'd kill you before that even happens," spat Jun as he tried to move forward but his body wouldn't cooperate. The contract was holding, for now. He just hoped that Kevin and his brothers weren't rendered as regular animals again.

"What the hell did you do to me?" Asked Jun. "I simply disabled your chip with a shock to your brain," said Hongseok as he stepped backwards, standing up as he walked over to a table and picking up an item before walking over. Jun tried to move, but his body just.

Wouldn't.

Cooperate.

"What the hell did I ever do to you?" Asked Jun as Hongseok shoved a taser onto Jun's back and turning it on, causing Jun to jolt, gritting his teeth. "Exist," said Hongseok as he took the taser away and walked back to the table and grabbing another item. He walked back with a cattle prod and turned it on, slamming it onto Jun's back. Jun grunted from the impact, gritting his teeth from the pain.

Jun could feel his wolf wanting complete control, but would his body handle it? What was going to happen with the others? Especially the three under his contract. Jun had to hold out just a little longer, they would be coming for him soon.

 

~



Daewon entered the warehouse, immediately unclipping the leash from Kevin who bolted into the main room, barking and tackling Hongseok who was about to deliver another blow to Jun.

Daewon ran over to Jun who was barely hanging on at this point. "Hang in there alright?" He asked. "I'm going to restart your chip, hang in there Jun!" He shouted, yanking the chains off the wall and quickly going to Jun, putting his hands on either sides of Jun's head. "Look at me alright?" He asked. "Hang in there, I can't lose you again," he said as Jun looked up at him, his eyes cloudy and distant. Daewon reached into his pocket, bringing out his phone and pulling up an app, tapping a couple things on it before putting it next to Jun's head where his chip was located.

Jun jolted at the sensation of the chip restarting, his eyes rolling into the back of his head as he passed out. Daewon let out a sigh of relief, taking his phone away and looking at the screen, tapping another button to make sure Jun's chip was restarting before getting to his feet and turning to Kevin and Hongseok who was on his back with Kevin staring down at him, snarling.

Yunhyeong walked over, glaring down at Hongseok who just glared up at him. "You don't know what I know," said Hongseok. "You're lucky as hell that Kevin respects 'shifter law," said Yunhyeong as he took out his phone to make a phone call, stepping away from them.

Daewon knew Kevin had it covered, so he turned to Jun and went to put him in a more comfortable position, taking off his shirt and bunching it together to put under Jun's head as he laid Jun on his back. He felt very strange, but it was probably due to his chip suppressing the feeling of sadness.

 

~



Chanwoo entered the warehouse with Jinhwan and Moonbin, who had to come along since it had involved a 'shifter. Kevin was refusing to put up his human illusion, but he had relaxed, sitting down and waiting on a command from Daewon.

"I never thought you'd have it in you," said Moonbin as he looked down at Hongseok who was still on his back. "You have to believe me damn it," said Hongseok. "Don't even bother trying to explain everything," said Moonbin. "Daewon was given the go ahead to tell me about the chips," he said. "And I know about Kevin here," he added.

"Kevin," said Daewon. "You're good to be human," he said. Kevin put up his human illusion, the expression on his face showing relief. "I feel my brothers calming down too," he said. "Good," said Daewon.

"Is Jun okay?" Asked Jinhwan as he turned to Daewon. "He'll be fine," said Daewon. "It'll take a couple weeks to recover again but," he said, sighing. "I feel my chip reacting to his restarting, so it's working," he said.

"Get out of here," said Moonbin. "I don't care about 'shifter law at this point either," he added. "Because I wouldn't go this far just to hurt my mate's pure blooded mate," he said. "Reflect on your actions, don't bother coming back until you're ready to admit fault," he said. Hongseok shivered at the commanding tone in Moonbin's voice, forcing himself to get to his feet before nodding to Moonbin and making his way out of the building. Kevin followed after Hongseok to make sure he did leave before coming back to check on Jun.