Chapter 6

A Matter of Trust

"It seems like you're doing well besides the slight hinderance with the chip in your brain," said Chanwoo as he and Jun were grocery shopping. "I mean," said Jun as he shrugged. "I've had time to adjust to having a chip in my brain, and I can pretty much tune out the headaches now," he said.

"So why am I the only one that can know about your chips?" Asked Chanwoo. "Moonbin doesn't need to know," said Jun. "You own the information network, and we can trust that you don't tell anyone," he said. "Well, unless it involves someone from our pack anyway," he added. "Right," said Chanwoo.

"You know that Yunhyeong has to know about this right?" Asked Chanwoo. "It's gonna be difficult because we don't know when they'll let us tell more people," said Jun. "Moonbin is already suspicious about me in general and Hongseok is being a pain in the regarding Yunhyeong and I anyway," he said.

"I'll tell Hongseok to back off," said Chanwoo. "Honestly though, if it was a jealousy thing it's a stupid notion," he said. "I think that even through your chip you'd be able to tell if someone was your mate or not," he said. "If we were mates, I'm pretty sure that he would've said something by now at least," said Jun. "True," said Chanwoo.

 

~



"What can you tell me about Eric as a person?" Asked Yunhyeong as he sat beside Jun who was sitting in the backyard again, staring up at the sky. "Well," hummed Jun as he thought of what to say.

"I already know he's the youngest, in their team and of the three team leaders," said Yunhyeong. "Are you trying to get information out of me for Moonbin's sake?" Asked Jun. "No," said Yunhyeong. "I asked Daewon and he pointed me to you," he said.

"Of course he did," Jun said with a snort. "That means I can't reveal very much because it has to do with the team member who left," he said. "So, no I can't elaborate anything like that," he said.

"But," said Jun as he looked thoughtful. "If I can get Kevin to come out of hiding we may be somewhat closer to getting to Eric," he said.

"Kevin?" Asked Yunhyeong. "Unlike Jacob, who's a kitty cat, Kevin's a dog," said Jun. "A 'shifter?" Asked Yunhyeong. Jun shook his head no. "I think you would've noticed that when Jacob showed up," he said. "I'm sure you'll find out soon enough who is what," he said.

"Who is Eric to you?" Asked Yunhyeong. "A friend, almost like a little brother," said Jun. "No, we're not mates, it'd be weird and extremely awkward," he added. "I wasn't going to ask if you were," said Yunhyeong. "It just seems odd how you're oddly... Caring towards someone," he said, earning a snort from Jun.

"You'll know with time," said Jun. "I guarantee it," he added.

 

~



Jun was bedridden with a bad migraine again, leaving Daewon to be the one to take care of him while the others were doing their own thing. Chanwoo would've stayed behind, however he couldn't as Moonbin was on a mission and Jinhyuk was back in the States with Rocky visiting Wooseok and Seungwoo before going to visit Xiao and the others. Eunwoo wanted to help, but he didn't know how to cure a headache like that.

"You should go to the coffee shop," grunted Jun as he rubbed the sides of his head with the palms of his hands. "I think this means Kevin finally came out of hiding," he grunted.

"I'm not leaving you behind, meetings be damned," said Daewon. "I left you behind before, it's not happening again," he said. "Go deal with the dog," grunted Jun. "I'll be fine," he said. "It's not like I'll disappear, you'll always know where I am since we have the same program in our chips," he said. "Fine," Daewon said, sighing. "I'll see you in at least 4 hours," he said. Jun nodded, closing his eyes and trying to sleep.

 

~



Daewon entered the coffee shop with a blank look on his face, his own headache bothering him since Jun's headache was so bad. "Didn't think you'd leave his side," said Chanwoo as he stood at the counter. "He'll be fine," said Daewon, his voice oddly void of emotion.

"Are you okay?" Asked Chanwoo, referring to the chips. "I'll be fine," said Daewon as he shook his head, walking up to the counter. "I'll take the usual," he said, handing over the money. Chanwoo nodded and took the money and rang up the order, handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, handing the cup to Dami who went to make it. Daewon nodded, turning and going to sit down, keeping on hand on the table while the other was in his lap, staring off into space as he tried to ignore the headache.

Jinhwan brought over Daewon's drink, patting him on the shoulder. "Something must be happening real soon," he said, putting the cup down on the table before sitting in front of Daewon. "You could say that," said Daewon as he took the coffee in front of him and brought it to his lips and took a sip before setting it back on the table.

"How's Jun's headache?" Asked Jinhwan. "It was pretty bad, but I know he'll be okay," said Daewon. "How will you know?" Asked Jinhwan. "I just... Know," said Daewon as he shrugged. Jinhwan nodded, getting up and going to get the other drinks for the other tables.

The door chimed and everyone turned to see someone new walking into the coffee shop. "Kevin," called Daewon, feeling his headache finally going away as Kevin turned to him. "Daewon," said Kevin as he nodded, turning to the counter as he walked over to it.

"What can I get you?" Asked Chanwoo. "The usual please," said Kevin as he handed over the money. Chanwoo processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, handing the cup to Dami who went to make it. Kevin nodded and turned, walking over to Daewon's table and sitting down.

"Jun couldn't come in person huh?" Asked Kevin. "Headaches," said Daewon. "Ah," hummed Kevin.

"What brings you out of hiding?" Asked Daewon. "Moonbin's attempts at getting to Eric are really starting to piss us off," said Kevin. "He needs to back off," he said. "He's on a mission right now so I don't think he's trying anymore," said Daewon.

"This is his last warning," said Kevin. "Eric is not in the mood to have a conversation about territory openings, believe me," he said. "I'll let Moonbin know," said Daewon. "Good," said Kevin.

 

~



Jun stumbled into the coffee shop an hour later, going straight for Daewon's table and collapsing onto a chair beside Daewon. "Kevin," said Jun. "Jun," said Kevin.

"Your headache is gone then?" Asked Daewon. "For now," said Jun as he nodded. "Good," said Daewon.

"I know," said Jun as he turned to Kevin. "But we can't stop his attempts," he said. "He's an idiot if he survived his encounter with Jacob and still wants to contact Eric," said Kevin. "Moonbin is very lucky to be out on a mission right now," hummed Jun as he nodded.

"How's the rest of them been?" Asked Jun. "Fine," said Kevin. "Juyeon wanted to come over but I advised him not to," he said. "Better not," said Jun. "Not until this is all over anyway," he added. "Right," hummed Kevin.