Chapter 13

A Matter of Trust

Jun came to, sitting up with a gasp when he felt the chip pulse to wake him up. He looked around the room, finding himself in Yunhyeong's room. Kevin walked into the room when he felt the rush of emotions coming from Jun. "Jun?" He asked. Jun blinked, looking at Kevin.

"Are you okay?" Asked Kevin. "I'm fine," said Jun as he nodded. "How long was I out?" He asked. "A few weeks," said Kevin. "Everyone was worried, but Daewon said this was normal," he said. "Moonbin knows about everything then," said Jun. "For the most part," said Kevin.

"What happened with Hongseok?" Asked Jun. "Moonbin kicked him out of the pack," said Kevin. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked. "Vaguely," said Jun. "I remember my body just not wanting to respond to what I was trying to do, but that's it," he said.

"He was gonna kill you," said Kevin as he looked away from Jun. "Oh," said Jun as he sighed. "I don't remember much of what happened," he said. "So I guess I was expecting that," he said.

"Are you okay?" Asked Jun as he looked at Kevin. "I'm fine," said Kevin as he nodded. "The others are too," he added. "Jacob is here, if you want to see him," he said. "I guess," grunted Jun as he moved to get off the bed, slowly standing and taking a few steps to make sure he was fine before walking out of the room with Kevin following after him.

"By the way, the collar fits you," Jun said with a slight chuckle, earning a sigh from Kevin. "I forgot I had this thing on," said Kevin as he shook his head. "I guess I really am a dog now huh?" He asked. "Yep," said Jun.

When Jun made it to his favorite spot outside in the backyard Jacob, in a rare show of emotion, tackled Jun and hugged him. Jun nearly fell backwards, but quickly balanced himself, putting his arms around Jacob as he returned the hug. "Don't scare us like that," said Jacob as he moved away, looking at Jun. Jun shook his head. "I won't," he said.

"I see you're up and walking around," said Daewon as he walked over with Jinhwan. "I am," said Jun as he turned around to face Daewon. "So Moonbin knows then?" He asked. "Yep," said Daewon. "I had to tell him, because our contacts in China have been getting weird phone calls from Hongseok," he said.

"So we still have a hold on China," said Jun. "It seems we do," hummed Daewon. "We just can't return to the country," he said. "Who else do you know?" Asked Jinhwan. "We can't tell you," said Daewon. "Though I'm sure Moonbin will be contacted soon," he said.

"How is Eric?" Asked Jun as he turned to Jacob and Kevin. "He's faring," said Jacob. "He wanted to come see you, but we told him to wait til you woke up," he said. "I've been here since you got rescued," said Kevin. "It wasn't looking good for the first week," he said.

"My body was shutting down," said Jun as he shook his head. "For it to suddenly restart like that, it'll look bad for a week or so," he said. "You weren't there when it happened last time, Eric was," he said. "Right, he was with you since it started," said Jacob.

"You and Yunhyeong need to have a chat it seems," said Jinhwan as he looked at Jun. "I know," said Jun as he sighed, feeling the contract reacting to something. He turned to Jacob and Kevin who shrugged. "It's Eric, I think," said Kevin. "He must be relieved to see that you're awake," he said. "Or rather, feel that you're awake," he added.

 

~



"You're okay," said Yunhyeong as he met Jun outside after dinner a few days later. "Yeah, I am," hummed Jun as he looked up at the sky to look at the moon.

"So much for the trust huh?" Asked Jun as he turned to Yunhyeong. "I didn't think he'd go that far," said Yunhyeong as he sighed. "I was not here to do anything to your pack," said Jun. "If I was, I wouldn't have agreed to come with you to Germany in the first place," he said. "I would've come over myself to wipe out your pack if I was ordered to," he said.

"The way I see it is you're a lot like me," said Yunhyeong as he shifted on his feet a bit, relaxing as he let his arms drop to his side. "We've been used 'til we break, and now the others are trying to put the pieces of us back together, except I have my pack and you just have Daewon, and the three under your contract," he said.

"What is your role in the pack?" Asked Jun. "Other than a hunter anyway," he added. "Back then I was a tracker," said Yunhyeong. "I was able to get us in and out relatively quickly," he said. "I don't do much tracking anymore but," he added, shrugging.

"Did you know then?" Asked Jun. "That we were mates? I knew," said Yunhyeong. "A part of me also knew that you wouldn't return the feelings, but I never knew why until you told me about the chips," he said. "I am fine with it," he said. "Because under all that icy exterior is someone just trying to live," he said.

"We'll make it work," said Jun. "I know," said Yunhyeong. "We have to, if Hongseok leaves for good," he said. "I don't think he'll reject me, for obvious reasons but," he said, shrugging.

 

~



Jacob had left, promising to return later with Eric once Jun was completely recovered. Kevin stayed around, knowing that Juyeon had things covered back home. Kevin never took off his collar, and Jun moved into Yunhyeong's room with Kevin having a dog bed in the room. They had asked if he wanted a regular bed and Kevin refused, saying something about not being comfortable in a regular bed. He mostly slept in his dog form anyway,

"It's a shame," said Jun. "What is?" Asked Kevin as he stood beside Jun. "Hongseok doing whatever he's doing," said Jun. "It's really hurting Yunhyeong," he said. "I realize that," said Kevin. "But you're here for him right?" He asked. Jun nodded.