Chapter 11

A Matter of Trust

"A meeting that requires the presence of everyone here?" Asked Moonbin. "Either way everyone ends up getting involved," said Kevin. Haknyeon and Sunwoo soon walked back, going to stand on either side of Eric as Sangyeon and Younghoon went to stand on either side of Jacob and Chanhee, Changmin and Juyeon took their places on either side of Kevin. Daewon and Jun kept a neutral stance, putting their hands in their pockets as they waited for this meeting to start. Chanwoo was unsure of what he was supposed to do but he went to stand beside Jun.

"So," said Eric as he relaxed out of his alpha stance, shifting slightly to appear as neutral as possible. "What was your reasoning to get all three of us here?" He asked. "Why do I have a feeling that this may determine how much of an interaction you'll have with me?" Asked Moonbin as he tilted his head to the side.

"Well," said Eric as he looked at Jacob and Kevin before fixing his gaze on Moonbin. "Jacob came first to warn you," he said. "And you didn't listen to his warning," he added. "Kevin came over when you weren't even here and Chanwoo passed on the message," he said. "But you continue to try and push this territory opening?" He asked.

"More hunters are pushing their way to where you live," said Moonbin. "Of course they are, we let them," said Eric. "I already let communications between hunters be known," said Kevin. "Quite a few teams have gone through and made sure it was okay to do so," he said.

"Who was the most recent team to go through?" Asked Moonbin. "Hwanhee and the twins," said Kevin. "They were going through with Yunho and his brother as they formed a team of sorts," he said. "Well, Xion and Yunho did, the others just tagged along to make sure things would go smoothly for them," he added. "I see," hummed Moonbin.

"Opening territory for communication isn't needed then," said Eunwoo. "Since you've already done so," he added. "Well, for hunters," said Jacob. "Our information network is off limits if that's what you're trying to get," he said. "We have exclusivity rights with someone already," he added.

"Who runs your information network?" Asked Rocky. "We can't say," said Eric. "Though Chanwoo knows," he added. "I do," said Chanwoo as he nodded. "However due to confidentiality I can't share who it is until they give the go ahead," he said.

"The three of you are contract bound then?" Asked Moonbin. "We are," said Eric. "Can't tell you who either," he added. "They're not too keen on letting the world know anyway," he said. "Enemies are everywhere for us, we don't know who is listening," he said. "Makes sense," said Moonbin.

"So I don't think this conversation is going anywhere," said Jacob. "No, doesn't look like it," said Eric. "We should get going then," he said. "We have no reason to be here anymore," he said, turning to his packmates before heading off with them. Jacob shook his head and was the next to head off, disappearing from view within a minute as his packmates followed after him.

Kevin was left with Juyeon, Changmin and Chanhee as he looked at Jun. Jun shrugged, turning to Chanwoo and Daewon, having a conversation. Kevin shifted slightly, the corners of his lips going up in a small smile before turning and leaving with Juyeon, Changmin and Chanhee.

 

~



"You told him to go huh?" Asked Daewon as he sat with Jun in the room Daewon was sharing with Jinhwan. "If he stayed Moonbin would've been suspicious," said Jun as he shrugged.

"Why can't you let Moonbin know again?" Asked Jinhwan. "Chanwoo owns the information network here," said Jun. "So we know that Chanwoo won't spill information to people we won't allow," he said.

"It's why exclusivity contracts exist," said Daewon. "People that Moonbin can't get in touch with Chanwoo can," he said. "We opened that door for him essentially, and Chanwoo knows when to be quiet about things concerning those three," he said.

 

~



Yunho, Xion, Hwanhee and Dongmyeong showed up at the coffee shop a week later. Dongmyeong got to catch up with Jun who was visiting Yunhyeong as he worked.

"It's been a while huh?" Asked Dongmyeong. "It has," hummed Jun. "I see you followed in your brother's footsteps," he said. "I didn't mean to, to be honest with you," said Dongmyeong. "But I've found closure," he said. "So I found a way out," he said. Jun nodded, sipping on his coffee.

"How's life treating you and your network?" Asked Dongmyeong. "Fine," said Jun as he nodded. "The three main contacts have been around more often now that I'm finally out of China," he said.

"Do you think you'll get it removed?" Asked Dongmyeong, referring to the chip. "No," said Jun as he shook his head. "I don't think I'd survive something like that," he said. "Even if I did, there's consequences for everything else," he said. Dongmyeong nodded.

"You've adjusted well though," said Jun. "Just be wary is all I have to say," he said. "We still have enemies despite the change in occupation, I know," said Dongmyeong.

 

~



A sigh left Daewon as he felt a headache coming on. Jun wasn't acting like his usual self again, and he feared that the wolf was trying to take control again. The only thing that he saw in Jun that changed was just how the chip was responding to Jun's weird emotional state. Kevin's departure always changed things within Jun, and Daewon was sure Kevin was needed again.

On top of that Jun was thinking of getting the chip removed, for reasons that Daewon never understood. They weren't sure what having three contracts would do to his body after getting the chip removed, and Jun was pretty much dead if not for the chip anyway. Either his healing would kick in and it'd take forever to fully recover or his wolf would completely take over.

"What's wrong?" Asked Jinhwan as he sat beside Daewon. "I'm just worried," said Daewon. "For Jun?" Asked Jinhwan. Daewon nodded. "My chip is reacting to his emotional state, and I'm sure Kevin isn't faring much better," he said.

"Hyunjoon was someone important to you two wasn't he?" Asked Jinhwan. "No," said Daewon. "Not to us," he added. "The others didn't care really, but Eric had forced him out of the pack pretty much," he said. "He did have a choice to stay, but Hyunjoon put family before pack," he said. "That really set Jun off, as despite everything Hyunjoon did, Jun knew they'd kill his family anyway," he said. Jinhwan hummed in response.

 

~



Jun was in a weird state of mind, as he kept an eye on Dami while she was working on the garden again. Eunwoo and Rocky were hesitant to let Jun keep an eye on her at first, but Jun reassured them that no harm would come to their human. It had been programmed into his chip, to not hurt any humans anyway. He was physically unable to bring himself to hurt a human, as the chip would shut down his body the moment he thought of doing so.

"I oddly feel safe around you," said Dami as she paused in working on the garden to go have a chat with Jun as she drank some water. "It's a strange feeling indeed," agreed Jun. "But due to the chip, I'm physically incapable of hurting you because the moment I do the chip would shut my body down," he said.

"Did your government do that?" Asked Dami. Jun nodded. "They wanted to make sure we wouldn't turn against our captors, in a way," he said. "But they tried to get me to kill another human before," he said. "It didn't work, if you were wondering," he added. "Your body shut down?" Asked Dami. "It took weeks for me to recover from that," said Jun. "They had to restart my program just to get me to wake up," he said.

"Jesus," said Dami. "And your pack didn't try anything after that huh?" She asked. "No," said Jun. "I think Sangbae wanted to try but he didn't want end up facing against me in a fight," said Jun. "The chip could turn you against your pack," said Dami. Jun nodded.

"Why are you telling me all this?" Asked Dami. "I don't know," said Jun as he shrugged. "Maybe because you already know about my chip without me telling you anything," he said. "I also know you won't tell anyone else," he said. "I wouldn't, I've kept my word," said Dami. "I know," said Jun.