Chapter 1

A Matter of Trust

"You want me to do what?" Asked Yunhyeong as Wontak had managed to talk to him before he was due to return to Germany. "Mentor Jun for a bit until his missions come in," said Wontak. "He can't do anything to you, you're protected by 'shifter law," he said.

"Wontak," said Yunhyeong. "I don't even hunt werewolves anymore," he said. "How the hell do you expect me to mentor someone when I haven't hunted werewolves in years," he said. "I believe he may be able to help you," said Wontak. "With what?!" Shouted Yunhyeong as he grabbed Wontak by the shirt collar and slammed him into the wall behind him. "The hell do you expect a god damn werewolf hunter to do to help me? Huh?" He snarled.

Wontak remained calm, gently pushing Yunhyeong back as he put his hands on his chest. "Just trust me this once alright?" He asked. "And, careful will you? I can easily apprehend you even if it's been years since you've hunted werewolves," he said. "Just one favor," he said.

"What about Hyeongjun? JR? MK? Yunho? Hell even rookie Changhyun?" Asked Yunhyeong. "JR's busy with his side of the pack," said Wontak. "MK's away on missions," he added. "And I promised Yunho and Changhyun a long vacation and I'm giving them one," he said. "Damn it, I'd do it myself but I have my own missions to do, and Hyeongjun is out of commission at the moment," he said. "He was injured badly on the last mission and I can't have him doing missions until Yohan gives the okay," he said.

"Fine," said Yunhyeong as he stepped back. "He can come with us," he said. "But the moment I find something he does wrong I'm sending him back to where ever the hell he came from," he spat. "Deal," said Wontak. "I better not regret this," said Yunhyeong.

 

~



"Why did you agree to this?" Asked Hongseok. "I wasn't given a choice," said Yunhyeong. "Everyone has a choice!" Said Hongseok. "You know we can't afford to have another person with us," he said.

"Well maybe if you didn't decide to go to Chicago then we wouldn't've had to deal with this?!" Shouted Yunhyeong. "We should've left with Sanha when he was needed, but no you had to go see Jinho and the others," he growled.

"Like it or not they're what family I have left," said Hongseok. "What family? For all you know they're all dead!" Shouted Yunhyeong. "Family would've asked you to go with them when they left," he said. "Family would've begged you to stay when I was needed in Toronto to talk to Wontak," he said. "Family is someone you care about to the point where you want to protect them with everything you got," he said.

"Family wouldn't've forced you to do something you didn't want to do," said Hongseok as he reached up to caress the scars on Yunhyeong's face as Yunhyeong closed his eyes. "Family would've kept searching for the one who went missing, not give up after believing he was dead," he said.

"Give him a chance," said Yunhyeong when he calmed down. "You gave me a chance, and here we are," he said, opening his eyes. "We're in this together, whether you like it or not," he said. "Fine," said Hongseok as he sighed. "If this comes back to bite us, I'm blaming you," he said, earning a snort from Yunhyeong as he shook his head.

 

~



"Damn, you guys really had a shouting match yesterday," said Hoetaek as Yunhyeong and Hongseok joined him at the usual table at Yuto's Starbucks. "We worked it out," said Yunhyeong. "I can see that," said Hoetaek. "Jun should be here in a few minutes, so relax," he said.

Right on cue the door chimed, and in walked Jun with Wontak. "Well, that's for me," said Yunhyeong as he got up, going to speak with them.

"It's strange," said Hongseok. "You two have always been strange, but go on," said Hoetaek as he brought up his newspaper to read. "I never thought Yunhyeong'd take on a person to mentor," said Hongseok. "Well, Jun's been hunting for years apparently," said Hoetaek. "At least, that's what I understand from his so called "government job," he said. "I can't speak too much about it due to confidentiality but," he said, shrugging. "I see," said Hongseok.

 

~



"We've worked before haven't we?" Asked Yunhyeong as he sat at a table with Jun and Wontak. "Probably," said Jun. "But there's been many I've worked with when they get sent to China," he said.

"You can't speak of what you do there can you?" Asked Yunhyeong. Jun shook his head. "No, it's one of the agreements I made when they allowed me to leave the country," he said. "I guarantee I won't be a problem though, unless you make a problem out of it," he said. "No, it's not going to be an issue," said Yunhyeong. "Good," said Jun as he nodded.

 

~



After discussing things and bringing Hongseok over to meet Jun they were off, heading back to Berlin. Jun and Hongseok were awkward around each other, and Yunhyeong was indifferent with Jun, his cold facade up and ignoring everyone around them.

Eunwoo had been the one to get them from the airport, taking them straight to the coffee shop before driving back to the hospital to get back to work.

"Hey you three, welcome back," said Moonbin as he stood at the counter. "Chanwoo not here today?" Asked Yunhyeong. "I gave him and the others the day off, we have the other crew today," said Moonbin, motioning to Chunji and Jeongwoo who were making drinks and to Dami and Renjun who were delivering drinks. "Ah," hummed Yunhyeong. "I'll get the usual made, go relax," said Moonbin. Yunhyeong nodded, turning and going to sit down with Hongseok and Jun.

"Didn't think you'd be here," said Yunhyeong as Renjun walked over with their drinks a few minutes later, setting them on the table. "Chan out on missions again?" He asked. Renjun nodded. "I would've gone to Toronto but Chani said no this time," he said.

"Have you tried asking Jeno or Jungwoo?" Asked Yunhyeong. "I did, they said they couldn't have me over," said Renjun. "Must really ," said Jun. "I'm used to it," said Renjun. "I try to visit them when I can though," he added. Jun hummed in response.