Chapter 10

A Matter of Trust

Kevin caught up with Chanhee and Changmin who were frozen in their spots, looking surprised at who was in front of them. "Hyunjoon," said Jun. "You know this is a bad idea," he said. Kevin soon realized what emotion he was feeling now. It was pity, and it didn't take him long to figure out why when Hyunjoon held up a remote of sorts.

Juyeon and Chanwoo soon caught up to them, Juyeon growling at the sight. "Leave it," said Kevin. "Jun knows what he's doing," he said. "There's something that Hyunjoon doesn't know it seems," he hummed.

"Damn it, it was either kill you or get my family killed!" Said Hyunjoon. "You don't realize the implications of the words you just said did you?" Asked Jun, his voice void of all emotion suddenly, causing Kevin to shiver. "You really think they'd leave your family alone when you're out of the country?" He asked.

"Go ahead," said Daewon. "Activate the kill switch and see what happens," he said. Hyunjoon pressed the button, looking confused when nothing happened. "See?" Asked Jun. "I told you, coming to try and kill me was a bad idea," he said. Hyunjoon growled, changing on the spot and launching himself at Jun and Daewon.

Kevin reacted on instinct, dropping his human illusion and tackling Hyunjoon and effectively pushing him out of the way. Kevin then went to stand in front of Jun, snarling and baring his teeth at Hyunjoon who turned to Kevin. Hyunjoon snarled back at Kevin, planting his feet firmly on the ground as he got ready to charge.

It wasn't Kevin or Hyunjoon that charged however, it was Jun. Using speed that easily matched a vampire's speed Jun rushed forward, grabbing the brown bear by the neck and slamming him into the ground. "Now you've gone and pissed me off," snarled Jun, his eyes flashing gold in anger as his wolf took over for a second before Jun pushed it back.

"Jun," warned Daewon. "Don't worry," said Jun as he took a deep breath, calming himself down. "This idiot's fate is up to Eric at this point," he said, punching Hyunjoon in the back of the neck to knock him out, forcing Hyunjoon back to human form. As if a shift happened Kevin stopped being hostile, sitting down as he panted, waiting on a command of sorts from Jun.

"We're safe now Kevin," said Jun as he turned to Kevin. "You can be human again," he said. Kevin stood, putting up his human illusion. "Sorry, I reacted on pure instinct," he said. "It's alright," said Jun.

"Carry him back to the house," said Kevin as he turned to Changmin and Chanhee. "I have a feeling that Eric is going to show up sooner rather than later," he said. Changmin and Chanhee walked over and picked up Hyunjoon, slinging his arms over their shoulders and dragging him back to the pack house. The others follow after him.

"Where'd that speed come from?" Asked Chanwoo as he walked with Jun and Daewon. "I know for a fact that werewolves don't get that fast in human form," he said. "It's the chips," said Jun. "I told you our abilities are enhanced in human form, imagine how much more powerful we are in our wolf forms," he said. "I don't want to see for myself," said Chanwoo, earning a head shake from Jun. "Sooner or later you'll end up seeing it," said Jun.

 

~



Eric was standing in the front yard with Haknyeon and Sunwoo, Eric in his alpha stance as he spotted who was with Changmin and Chanhee. "I see the lost bear cub returns," said Eric. "He tried to kill me," said Jun. "Impossible with the pup around," said Eric as he shook his head.

"Where do you want him?" Asked Kevin. "Let's bring him to the backyard," said Eric. "Go through the gate," said Chanwoo. Changmin and Chanhee dragged Hyunjoon over to the gate and shoved open the gate before dragging Hyunjoon through. The others follow after them.

Moonbin was standing in the backyard with Eunwoo and Rocky, eyeing Eric carefully before assessing the situation as Changmin and Chanhee dumped Hyunjoon on the ground.

"When did you get back?" Asked Chanwoo. "Not too long ago," said Moonbin. "Give or take an hour ago," he said. "I got your message, so that's why I got back so quickly," he said to Eric. "Good, I thought you wouldn't be here," said Eric.

"Can't miss an opportunity to kill the one person who tried to kill Jun right?" Asked Eric as he walked over to Hyunjoon and kicked him, causing Hyunjoon to wake up with a groan. Chanhee and Changmin grabbed Hyunjoon by the arms and dragged him to where he was sitting up, keeping a grip on him in case he tried to run.

"Tell me," said Eric. "What kind of idea was it to try and kill Jun when you know Kevin is around huh?" He asked, leaning down in front of Hyunjoon. "They were going to kill my family," spat Hyunjoon. "I had no choice!" He shouted. Eric shook his head, moving away. "We all know that the government never keeps their word when it comes to their soldiers," said Eric. "So you just screwed yourself over," he said.

"They killed off Jun's pack," said Kevin. "What makes you think they'll spare your family?" He asked. "Clearly you didn't think this through," came a new voice as Jacob walked into view with Sangyeon and Younghoon.

"Hyunjae busy?" Asked Eric. "He got called out on a last minute mission," said Jacob. Eric nodded, turning back to Hyunjoon who glared at Eric. "Now, what to do with you?" He asked.

"Isn't that decision up to Jun?" Asked Jacob. "I mean, considering the circumstances anyway," he added. Eric turned to Jun, who shrugged. "I have an idea," said Jun. "But I think it may kill him," he said, walking up to Hyunjoon.

"What will it be cub?" Asked Jun. "You want the easy way out or the hard way?" He asked. "Screw off," spat Hyunjoon, growling as he tried to move but Changmin and Chanhee tightened their grip on him so he wouldn't.

"Let him go," said Jun. "I'll deal with him," he said. Chanhee and Changmin look at Kevin who nodded. "Let him go," said Kevin. Chanhee and Changmin let go of Hyunjoon who immediately launched himself at Jun, ready to deliver a punch.

Jun jumped out of the way, grabbing Hyunjoon's arm and disabling it by hitting a pressure point before yanking him forward to deliver a palm strike to his chest and kicking his feet out from under him, letting go as he moved behind Hyunjoon.

"I was going to let you go easy but," said Jun as Hyunjoon struggled to get to his feet, his disabled arm hanging limply at his side as he managed to kneel, with one knee on the ground as he tried to force his body to cooperate. "You don't deserve my pity," he said, his voice void of all emotion. Kevin fought down a shiver, keeping his expression blank as the contract reacted to Jun's full killing machine mode. Eric and Jacob straightened on instinct, ready to act at the smallest command.

Jun let Hyunjoon at least get to his feet before rushing forward, grabbing Hyunjoon by the throat and slamming him to the ground onto his back. "Any last words cub?" He asked. Hyunjoon spat in Jun's face and Jun shook his head, reaching over and tapping the side of Hyunjoon's head, activating the kill switch and moving away when the side of Hyunjoon's head exploded, effectively killing him.

"He had a kill switch?" Asked Chanwoo. "It was obvious," said Jun as his voice returned to its normal flat tone. "When you know what to look for anyway," he added. Eric shook his head. "Dispose of him," he said. Haknyeon and Sunwoo went to drag the body away.

"Now," said Eric as he turned to Moonbin, Eunwoo and Rocky. "About that meeting?" He asked.