Waiting

Promise

“It’s in good condition right?” Hyewon asked Yuri regarding the bracelet that Yena just returned the younger. 

“Don’t worry, unnie. It’s in the same condition. Thanks for getting it back for me.” Yuri sincerely thanked Hyewon, giving Hyewon a hug which the older decided to enjoy because things might change in the future, especially after the younger mended her relationship with Yena.

“So, you and Yena are good now?” Chaeyeon asked.

“I think both of us are good even before she took away my bracelet.” Yuri replied after she let go of her hug on Hyewon and ran her fingers once on the bracelet on her wrist. 

“We’re just not close.” Yuri chuckled at her own words. It’s partially true. They’re close but at the same time not, as well.

“That’s good then. I don’t need to worry of you arguing then. So, you’re still going to avoid her?” The leader continued while making their way to the van.

“You don’t need to worry of anything, unnie. We’ll be okay.” Yuri assured the leader. An apprehensive smile could be seen on Yuri’s face and it somehow made Chaeyeon questioning on what’s the meaning behind the smile and the words. 

“Somehow I feel more worried when you said that.” Chaeyeon mumbled and Yuri chuckled beside her. 

“We are taking our time. So, you don’t need to worry about what happened last few weeks to happen again.” Yuri told the leader after they’re in their van.

“How could you be so sure?” This time it’s Hyewon asking, still cautious over whatever Yena could do. Yena had tried hugging Yuri then stole Yuri’s bracelet. Yena could do some other things that might make Yuri uncomfortable and she didn’t like that idea at all.

“She told me earlier.” Yuri leaned her head against headrest and closed her eyes, trying to take a nap.

“Eh? But you didn’t talk with Yena earlier.” Hitomi exclaimed.

Hyewon glanced at Yuri who had her eyes closed. Yuri seemed a lot relaxed. She wondered if it’s because of the bracelet or another reason. 

“I just know what’s in Yena’s unnie head.” Yuri said with a smile on her face. She thought she had lost that skill but after she said it out loud, making it as real as it could be, she knew it’s still there. With that thought, her heart fluttered in a way that she could say just reserved for Yena.

Everyone clearly could see how relaxed Yuri was, kinda an unexpected view for what was going on earlier. They were sort of expecting a more anxious Yuri like how the few confrontations that they younger had with Yena. The two indeed walked an unreadable path to everyone. When one expected the two to do one thing, it ended up resulting in the opposite. 

 

***

 

Yena believed with all of her being that Yuri understood the hidden message that she gave. She received the same one when she looked into the younger’s eyes earlier. Right now, the one that could understand her the most would be Yuri, the person who owned her heart. 

“So.. so.. you act so sweet in front of Yuri. Want to tell us something?” Yujin the excited puppy started the conversation the moment they were inside their dorm.

“Unnie, share it with us. We could see the lovey-dovey look you give Yuri.” Nako chimed in, clearly didn’t want to lose the chance to tease the older too. 

If they just know… Yena felt like laughing her heart out from hearing the teasing because what actually happening was quite the contrary.

“Yeah, don’t be petty. Share it with us.” Eunbi said and Yena raised one eyebrow at them with her face remained expressionless.

“All of you wouldn’t want to know. Trust me.” Yena told them, taking off the jacket and tossed it on the couch, heading to the kitchen to find something to drink, settling in a can of cola.

“There must be something. After sharing that kind of look.” Chaewon stated and a pop could be heard when Yena opened her can of cola.

“Since all of you are so curious. It’s goodbye. That look that we give one another means goodbye.” Yena gulped her cola, sounded pretty chill with what she just told her members. 

“WHAT!!!!” Everyone was shocked at her explanation, clearly not believing what Yena had just told them. The Yena who was so persistent in looking for Yuri just told them that it was a goodbye? None of them would believe her.

“Eyyy… don’t lie. How could that be a goodbye.” Chaewon asked, still in disbelief. 

“Yeah… you sound pretty chill too. Yuri was saying goodbye to you, you wouldn’t be as calm as this.” Yujin continued, knowing how Yena was all this time when it came to Yuri.

Yena shrugged and walked towards her bedroom, not forgetting to bring her jacket with her and tossed it to her bed. Everyone was trailing behind her, seemingly not to believe what she had just told all of them.

“I’m serious.” Yena turned around to face all of them, looking serious but to her members, she didn’t look like one. Yena scratched the back of her head, not knowing how to prove it to them that it’s the truth. Blame everything on her comedic power that even her serious face, didn’t seem that serious. Yena sat down on the bed, legs crossed, clearly comfortable in it. The members came joining in the bed, wanting to hear more from Yena. 

“It really is goodbye. I’m the one saying goodbye.” Yena stated. Everyone was silent. It’s the kind of time when they knew that there’s more to listen to instead of cutting it off. “Or is it both of us? For sure, we both need time. I need time too. I rush this, thinking 11 years apart is enough, that I should no longer wait. But clearly I am wrong.”

Those words that just came out of Yena’s lips, no one in the room expected that. Yena suddenly had such a deep and mature thoughts. It’s like Yena’s childishness just went poof, gone just like that. Was it Yuri that brought the change in Yena or it’s just something that Yena rarely showed them? They did know if it was about Yuri, Yena would turn into someone they never knew at all.

“This version of me… isn’t the right one for Yuri. She deserved so much better and with this mindset that I still have right now, isn’t right for me too.” Yena ended her talk, gulping her cola.

As much as she thought she’s ready, she wasn’t. It also wouldn’t be fair to pursue Yuri with how she was now. The person that was filled with so much baggage. Oh, she knew that pretty well. Although people kind of liking how friendly she was, the label of her reputation being a player was still there which she never understood where it came from when she never dated anyone before. 

So, no. She wouldn’t let Yuri to be in that situation. Yuri was right to draw that line in between them, building the walls so that she wouldn’t get close to the younger. She didn’t blame Yuri now. Sometimes, one indeed needed to get a slap to make them realise things going on around them. For Yena was that challenge from Hyewon, the risk of losing Yuri for real if she didn’t change.

The she now was someone that Yuri avoided and walked away from. It’s time she went to search deep inside herself, looking for her true self, for that someone that Yuri loved and always looked upon with wonder and ran towards. At that moment, Yena made up her mind, making another promise to herself and Yuri.

Time to let go of the past. I’ve been chasing the shadow of our past all this time. I should have realised that I should be chasing the present and future you. I should learn more about you, understand you more, the you now. All this time, after knowing, I foolishly think that it won’t change, that the ‘us’ won’t change. Of course, I’m wrong. Time to properly put a chase on you, to the right direction now. To the ‘us’ that I don’t know if it would be waiting for me at the end of the road or not, but just like how others told me, I wouldn’t give up, until I reach the end of it, for me to see it for myself.

 

***

 

These past few months, the members felt a shocking change from Yena since that day, the day they had a really heavy talk. When the changes happened, they finally understood what Yena meant by in their talk on how she wasn’t in the right version for Yuri. Yena came back on time after all of her schedule, no after party, no mingling or whatsoever that tend to come out as a news the next day or simply the gossips that would simply ran inside for others to talk about. 

It’s like a completely different Yena. The members noticed it but didn’t ask or say anything about it. Yena was still the same Yena, still friendly, kind, silly and playful but it’s hard to describe. The basic nature of Yena was still there but in a much better way. Minju termed it for them as a better version of Yena. Meanwhile, Yena termed it as a true version of herself, the version that got lost in the darkness, getting locked at the same time as she locked away her feelings towards Yuri, trying to contain it.

Yena was never late to any schedule now. For group schedules, she would stick with her members, nothing like randomly running around, if she did, she wouldn’t go alone and would always have someone to keep her company which the idea kind of shocking for her members to hear, especially after she added with the words of ‘give me a sign if I am being too friendly or giving a vibe of leading others on.’, not to mention that Yena would’t insist on going to visit others’ waiting room or stopping to talk when one of the members told her that she couldn’t. For sure, no more trouble came from Yena for Eunbi to handle. 

At first, it’s hard. She needed to change a lot and she needed to thank her members for helping her too with it. She discussed with them on what they thought that she needed to change so that people wouldn’t misunderstand her intention. So, after a lengthy discussion, she made up a set of rules for herself. Walking with others, especially with those that were told having a crush on her must have a distance on them, no touching that’s for sure, when they tried to hug her arm, she would take a step away or slow her step down. She tried to make it less obvious but her crushes still could feel it. She still helped others around, like in rapping or dancing but it was simply with words. Now, every banter that was given to others were strictly friendly, nothing like random ‘beautiful’ or ‘cute’ comments and especially the ‘babe’ joke that she used to use around. 

It caused a huge uproar, of course, and her crushes were confused and filled with questions that no one dared to ask. Speculation was that Yena was dating. Everyone even waited for the announcement coming from Yena or that they saw it by themselves. However, what they got was radio silent, no news or suspicious pictures about Yena in any news or SNS platform.

Eunbi and the rest of the members were extremely happy with the change in Yena. No need to question where Yena was going because she would tell them beforehand and always bring someone with her if she needed to go out to simply buy something or clearing her head off after feeling bored staying in the apartment for too long. No need to worry that there might come random news of Yena possibly dating anyone.

It’s their free weekend, no schedule, just the time for the to rest and relax. Everyone was at home and busy with their own thing. Yena claimed the living room to herself for her project. She had been trying to make a friendship bracelet from watching Youtube video for the last few hours. It turned out to be much more difficult that she could remember.

“Eunbi unnie, could you help me with this?” Yena called out from the living room, asking help from the leader who was known to be really good at crafts.

Eunbi came to see what the duck had been busy with and once again the leader was surprised with the new change in Yena. Yena making a handcraft? That would be first. Eunbi then saw the familiar colour of the thread and it started to amuse her.

“What are you doing?” Innocently Eunbi asked.

“Making a friendship bracelet but I got confused halfway. Is it supposed to go this way or that way?” The pout was clearly visible on Yena’s face.

“Let me see.” Eunbi came to watch the video with Yena and then she pointed on how Yena should make it. Yena directly thanked the leader.

Eunbi watched Yena working on the bracelet, so serious that no one or nothing could distract the latter from it. Eunbi looked around, seeing all the materials that Yena had bought. The paper bag that she saw which she noticed Yena had bought it for quite some time, even before the change in Yena. It’s just that Yena didn’t have chance to work on it because of the group and personal schedule.

Eunbi also noticed at far corner there were two red velvet boxes, it wasn’t big in size and she was kind of curious. She didn’t see that before and it seemed to be new. 

“What’s that?” 

Yena raised her head to look at Eunbi and then looked to where Eunbi was pointing at which was to the velvet boxes because the leader was curious on what was inside of it.

“Ah.. just something to be hung at the end of the string when I finish this.” Yena replied. 

“Can I see?” Eunbi suddenly turned polite because somehow the leader could sense that it’s kinda personal for Yena.

“Sure.” Yena handed the boxes to Eunbi before continuing working on the bracelet that she wanted to be perfect. It was supposed to be better than the one she made when she was a kid.

Eunbi opened up the first box, showing a small metallic duck in it. Eunbi knew it’s not cheap and the leader wondered when Yena went out to buy it. From the look of it, it’s also a custom made one. She took it out of the box to look properly at it. She could see a small engraving of letter ‘Y’ around the duck’s neck.

“Silver?” Eunbi guessed and saw Yena shaking her head.

“Platinum. Don’t want it to get oxidised.” Yena mumbled, still serious with the making the bracelet.

Eunbi placed the duck back into the box before opening the other one. In it, she could see a small platinum hamster, the same size like the duck earlier and she could see the same engraving ‘Y’ around the hamster neck. The leader closed the box and placed the two boxes on the table, watching Yena working one thread after another, slowly making a form of bracelet. Then it clicked to the leader that Yena was remaking the bracelet that she returned to Yuri on the ISAC filming a few months ago when she and other members thought that Yena had given up during these few months.

The reason was that other than Yena’s changes around her crushes, the changes in Yena also included in not looking at anything regarding Yuri during all these months, unless it accidentally came to the social media page that Yena was looking at. Even that, Yena quickly scrolled over it. Yena didn’t even use Yuri’s picture as her home or lock screen. Yena also didn’t spend time looking at Yuri’s picture. It’s like Yena completely erased Yuri in her life. But with what Eunbi saw right now, it had proven that their thoughts on Yena giving up was wrong. 

The true reason of it was, Yena would look at Yuri when she really deserved it, until she managed to discover her true self, the real her. Still, if that happened, she wouldn’t use Yuri as her home or lock screen. She would only use Yuri as her home or lock screen when she managed to get the picture that’s only for her to see which meant the pictures that only the two shared together after they mended their friendship.

“You’re making the bracelet.”

“Mmhmm…” Yena replied casually, finally reaching the final part which was making the knot for the bracelet. “The old one is kinda breaking. The threads are poking out here and there. So, I made a new one for her.”

Yena was satisfied with the result. It looked really good. It’s really neat too. She proudly tied the duck and hamster at each end of it, making sure it’s tied tightly before she slightly burnt the edge of it, to seal the breaking threads. She was really happy with it. She even tried it on her wrist. 

“This looks a hundred percent better than the old one.” Yena proudly announced.

“Why didn’t you just buy a bracelet or order one, something more expensive, you know like from gold or silver? It’s more durable too” Eunbi kinda wondered what Yena’s opinion on it because if it was her giving something to someone whom she held dear, she definitely would go and look for a good accessories or jewelries.

“Well, I do think of that. But it’s just me buying. It’s like an F for effort. It makes me look not sincere.” Yena reasoned, eyebrows slightly creased as she put deep thoughts in it.

“Besides, I want Yuri to feel as if the bracelet didn’t change at all. That’s why I stole the bracelet so I could get the colour of the threads and custom made the duck and hamster. So there isn’t much changes. Just a more durable duck and hamster.” Yena explained the whole thing. Eunbi now was having a whole new perspective. When she thought Yena was out there creating trouble, apparently Yena had another reason for it.

“Although I must admit that at first I stole it so that Yuri would admit who she was and acknowledge me. But at least, I had a better plan after she decided not to.” Yena snickered, when she thought of why she stole it.

“Just when I think better of you.” Eunbi sighed although the leader did look playful so Yena knew Eunbi was teasing her.

Yena shrugged and stuck her tongue out at the leader. She went to look at her wrist again, liking her own hard work so much. 

“You’re going to give it to Yuri?”

“Mmhmm.. But not now. She’s not ready yet. Me too. This is only halfway. I’ll give it to her when I meet her at the end of the road.” Yena muttered, taking off her bracelet and placed it in a small black square gift box with golden ribbon on top of it. 

“What do you mean?” Eunbi was intrigued with Yena’s way of thinking. New Yena indeed kept on surprising her day after day.

“Huh?” This time it’s Yena who left confused with Eunbi’s question. 

“You’re turning philosophical.” Eunbi told Yena which Yena laughed it off, going back to the silly duck that everyone knew.

“You’re thinking too much, unnie.” Yena playfully pushed Eunbi by her arm. “I’ll give it to her when I earned her trust back. During that time, I just need to be a much better person who doesn’t create trouble in everything that I do.” 

 

***

 

During these few months, Yuri remained pretty much the same, doing everything according to her pace. She was still trying to figure out on what she should do with her feelings towards Yena. Each day was filled with the thoughts of Yena and whenever she was reminded by how the older look that day when she walked away. Yuri looked at her bracelet, trailing her fingertips on it, trying to remember the warmth of Yena’s fingertips against her skin. 

The news regarding Yena definitely travelled to Yuri’s ears. Yena created a huge fuss the last few months, regarding how the source of joy had completely changed, how Yena kept distance with everyone, no after party or staying longer after schedule for unnecessary purposes and if Yena got no schedule, the latter was out of the radar, no one knew where she was going or what she was doing. 

Yuri could feel the pull on her heartstring. Yena was breaking the walls she built even without her presence and that move was far more dangerous than when Yena was around her. Yena was like forcing Yuri out of her hiding. It’s like Yena barged on the door, trying to break the lock that kept that part of love for her, the small light that’s tucked away for years. Yuri knew once the door was broken, that small flicker of light would definitely burn like a huge blaze as nothing would hold it back any longer. It’s only a matter of time for Yena to open it with the key that she had but lost along the way or barge it open with force. 

As it went on, Yuri definitely was still depending on Yena’s bracelet. It’s still the only thing that would always assure her when she was having her doubt. It gave more meaning towards her now because it reminded of the time when Yena was giving her strength before she got to the stage.

The change didn’t only happen to Yena. It happened to Yuri too. It’s just that Yuri wasn’t aware of it. Yuri was definitely more open now towards her members. She would share her thoughts whenever there’s something troubling her. Yuri was trying not to keep it bottled up and that progress was definitely loved by everyone. It’s like Yuri finally gave her trust to her members.

Meanwhile, Hyewon never made a move on her feelings towards Yuri, in spite of wanting to be selfish about it. She knew she didn’t have a chance ever since Yuri revealed her history with Yena and she also didn’t want to burden Yuri more with the weight of her feelings. Hyewon was pretty much content staying by Yuri’s side either as sister or best friend to the younger. Let her keep this unrequited love to the younger. However, if Yena didn’t treat Yuri right, she wouldn’t hesitate to put up a fight towards the latter in getting the younger’s heart.

That day, Rose was walking in the lobby of one broadcasting company building, they just finished recording a show. They just came out of the elevator and heading to the exit. 

“Yena unnie…” Clearly a sweet voice was calling out towards Yena that brought Rose’s attention to where the voice was coming from.

The group saw Yiren calling towards Yena who’s walking towards the exit with the manager of the group. Yena was an MC to one of the shows airing there, so no members was with her that day. What’s going on in front of the group, clearly caught Yuri’s attention. It would be the first time she saw Yena after ISAC filming. 

“Can you stay back for a while? There’s something that I might need help with.” Yiren spoke sweetly and was going to hold Yena’s hand but Yena managed to pull it back before it happened. Yiren noticed the rejection and didn’t try that for the second time, clearly still trying to be respectful to Yena and also maybe afraid that she might upset the older. 

Yena knew of the crush Yiren had for her. She had Chaewon compiled a list of names of people who had crush on her and Yiren’s name was definitely there. 

“Sorry. But I couldn’t for today. I need to go back early.” Yena dodged that. She wouldn’t go back to how she was in the past. Yena wasn’t going to hesitate even one bit about it now. It would always be a ‘no’ now without her members around her. It’s enough for all random gossips that appeared even without her doing anything. She sort of learnt not to make unnecessary interactions now because apparently that’s how all of those gossips starting.

“See you next time.” Yena simply told Yiren before she turned around to head back to the exit again. That moment, she accidentally locked gaze with Yuri. It stirred the feeling inside of her reminding her of how much she missed the younger.

Yuri was pretty much the same. She had been missing Yena for quite some time now and now seeing the older made her wanted to just call out to her and simply being around the presence of Yena. Yuri almost called Yena out, stopping the older but no, she quickly shook that idea that came to her mind.

Not yet…

The two seemed to share the same thoughts on that few seconds of looking into each other’s eyes. Yuri caught a small hidden smile on Yena’s lips as the older turned away and walked out of the building and into the van that’s waiting for the latter. It’s amusing in a way for them to be able to understand one another’s thoughts which Yuri knew was the reason behind Yena’s smile earlier. 

“Not gonna greet Yena?” Chaeyeon asked.

“It’s not the time yet.” Yuri told Chaeyeon while having a small smile herself and continued to walk with her members, heading towards the exit. Chaeyeon nodded understandingly, knowing that if the two were ready, not even a single person could stop the two. 

The small changes in Yuri, Chaeyeon could see it pretty clearly. Yuri was still being cautious in opening herself up but it was progress. She also could see that Yuri was getting more mature too in her way of thinking. The most obvious one among all of the changes was how Yuri wasn’t really hiding it when it came to missing Yena. The members could see how Yuri would look at her bracelet or at Yena’s pictures and the younger even had notification for Violet’s Vlive, just to catch a glimpse of Yena. It’s funny how the two of them still hadn’t asked for one another’s number yet at this rate. The two indeed were taking their time, just like how they said they would.

 

***

 

Yuri opened her book, cute stationeries by her side as she decided to write words that came into her mind. It’s sort of her process in making songs. She would mix and match those words to fit into a song. 

Hyewon was by her side as usual. The older always remained by her side. The two would always talk to one another when they wrote, asking for opinion from one another, especially when Yuri was building lyrics to a song and when Hyewon wrote her rap lyrics, asking Yuri’s opinion because the younger clearly was extremely good in it. Yuri was kinda famous in her company for that particular skill of hers.

“Are you writing songs, Yuri-ah?” Hyewon peeked over to Yuri’s book.

“Not really. Just writing the words that come to mind.” Yuri stated as she wrote words after words before she just randomly drew figures at the edges of the page.

Yuri pouted a moment, trying to think some more of the words but seemingly nothing came to mind and she closed her book, placing on the table, placing the pen on top of the book. She lay down on the couch and took her phone to look at the social media, humming song at the same time. It’s sort of Yuri’s routine, singing or humming for most of the time. 

Yuri saw some of their pictures came up and she would smile at the fan arts. Then she stumbled upon topics regarding Yena who was surprisingly trending. Curious, she looked at the reason why. At first, she thought it’s another gossip but apparently it’s just filled with fans speculations or how they missed the time Yena updated most of the time in social media or appeared almost everywhere with other groups. Yuri turned off her phone in the end. She didn’t know how she was supposed to feel because she did partially feel guilty because of the change in Yena but she also felt happy, seeing how the older turned into a better self of herself. 

Came to think of it, Yuri realised that she had kinda forgotten the whole reason of avoiding Yena. The trend she saw a few seconds ago sort of confirmed it. She didn’t feel anything like how she would be in the past when she saw it, the fear and insecurity whenever it came up, like it’s something that she dreaded to see whenever there’s Yena name in news or trends, afraid what she saw would be another gossips or a real dating news. Now, she didn’t feel anything with the trend that came up.

Hyewon turned around to find Yuri staring at the ceiling. The younger seemed to be deep in thoughts. However, she knew it wasn’t something that made the younger anxious. Yuri’s posture was really relaxed and so she didn’t worry much about it.

“What are you thinking about?” Hyewon didn’t want to ask about it but at the same time, she wanted to know. Although through her guessing, it must be regarding Yena.

Yuri tilted her head to the side and looked at Hyewon, pursing her lips into a thin line, still pondering on whether she should share it with Hyewon or not. Deciding not to worry the older, Yuri told Hyewon about it. 

“I think, I’m ready to face Yena unnie now.” 

Just with that statement was enough to make Hyewon’s heart sink. She knew it’s going to happen but still, she couldn’t stop herself from feeling the heartbreak.

“Why didn’t you do so back then?” Hyewon referred to the time when they bumped onto Yena after her MC-ing schedule.

“Told you unnie, it’s not the time yet.” Yuri replied boringly and shrugged again. 

“I couldn’t understand you at times.”

“I couldn’t myself too.” Yuri laughed heartily after making that response. 

To Hyewon and the members, it was really nice to see Yuri became more open like this, more expressive in her emotion too. Although Hyewon was slightly jealous for the reason of the change in Yuri. How she wished the reason was her but no, it would always be Yena.

“You don’t think of asking Yena’s number from Sakura or Chaeyeon?” Lately Hyewon felt like she was losing track in the way of Yuri’s thinking. Yuri had turned unpredictable for her and it sort of made her sad, adding to the heartbreak she was feeling.

Chaeyeon who was in the kitchen overheard the entire conversation was really curious on what was playing in front of her. It’s really interesting. So, the leader sneakily listened in the conversation.

“Nope.”

“Here I am thinking that you would be directly trying to contact Yena after your realisation. How could you even be so sure Yena wasn’t waiting for you to acknowledge her?” 

“She is waiting for that and also something else. So, until that something else is met, we would remain in our pace.” Yuri replied with a soft smile on her face as she got reminded by Yena’s face earlier, the message that they exchanged as they glanced at one another.

“People would directly run towards their love at that kind of realisation you have. You two are something else.” Hyewon said at the same time masking her own feelings during this entire conversation. She better got used to how it felt because there would be far more conversations like this in the future and might be far more affectionate than this one too. She needed to prepare her heart too, as time went. 

“I just believe that all the waiting would be fruitful in the end, unnie.” Yuri replied as she smiled softly, clearly having Yena in mind at the moment.

But I don’t think my waiting would ever be fruitful, Yuri-ah because your heart always belongs to Yena…

 

***

 

“How’s your schedule? All safe without us guarding you?” Chaewon asked, walking out of the kitchen, holding a plate of fruits in hand. She then placed the plate on the table in their living room.

Yena just came back from her schedule and it’s been a while for her doing that alone. She couldn’t always be dependent on her members regarding avoiding her crushes. 

“I think I’m doing great.” Yena dropped her things on couch and took some fruits to eat.

Yujin came out of the room and joined with Yena and Chaewon who were in the living room with Minju. Yujin directly went to Yena’s side, taking part in eating the fruits that Chaewon’s cut.

“Yah.. yah.. My fruits.” Chaewon scolded before the two finished the whole plate without her eating it. 

“I’ll help you cut some more unnie.” Minju offered.

“You’re the best.” Chaewon happily said, glad to get some help and the two went to the kitchen to cut more fruits.

“I met Yiren earlier before heading back.” Yena told them.

It’s not surprising for Yena sharing her day because sometimes her members did point out things that she wasn’t supposed to do or telling her that certain person might have interest on her. So, she made it a habit, reporting how her day went on with her personal schedule to her members.

Her members were listening to Yena’s story, knowing Yena would want them to know and also advised her if she did anything misleading. They pretty much didn’t say anything because it would most probably just like how it was usually, nothing new or surprising.

“And I saw Yuri too at that time.” Yena continued.

That’s when everyone found it interesting as Minju and Chaewon even walked away from the kitchen to sit back onto the couch to listen to Yena.

“Did Yuri misunderstand everything?” Yujin asked, curiously. “Especially after you try so hard to clean your image.”

Yena tried to recall what she saw and she knew Yuri understood her. She shook her head, looking at her members. “No, I don’t think so. I avoided hand holding or even staying longer. I don’t even stop to talk with Rose’s members. I think we are fine. She didn’t seem upset.”

“You’re sure that she isn’t keeping anything from you?” Chaewon tried to make sure of it. The last thing she wanted was for her roommate’s hard work to go in vain.

“That’s right, unnie. Yuri could probably hide it form you.” Minju spoke out in concern.

“I’m sure though. I locked gaze with Yuri earlier and I believe that she’s fine. Don’t scare me with that.” Yena told them, now somehow a bit unsure. She quickly shook her head. No, she shouldn’t be. “I believed that I still understood her.” 

“Unnie, I kinda wonder, if you decided to take your time with Yuri ,which I think you have taken enough since there isn’t anymore gossip about you around. Why haven’t you make a move?” Yujin looked at Yena after she asked the question. 

“I think it’s not the right time yet.” Yena replied.

“So, when is it?” This time, it’s Chaewon’s turn to ask. Everyone just wanted the best for Yena. They didn’t want Yena to wait for too long that she lost her chance. A slow approach would be fine according to them. 

“Unnie, don’t forget that sometimes it’s right to wait but if you take too long, sometimes you might lose the chance too.” Chaewon told Yena and Yena simply nodded, totally understood the concern. 

What Chaewon had said was true. Yena knew it. It’s just that she also knew that it wasn’t the right time yet. When would it be? She wasn’t quite sure about it because there’s something missing which she couldn’t yet pinpoint what it was exactly. It’s like she hadn’t completely found herself.

At least, Yuri was giving her the time she needed. Although in the back of her mind, Hyewon would always be her concern. Hyewon had come in between them, making the latter as her rival whether Yuri realised it or not. Nevertheless, she put all of her trust on Yuri that the younger definitely would wait for her.