Goodbye

Promise

As usual, Yena was loitering around the backstage after the group’s performance. Eunbi, Minju and Nako were already headed back with Eunbi telling Chaewon to keep eye on Yena. Yena was jumping here and there, talking to multiple groups, followed by Yujin and Chaewon was there just to babysitting the two troublemakers.

Yena wasn’t really paying attention on what was being talked to her when she caught the glance of Rose. Her eyes searched for one particular person. She then saw Yuri’s condition. The younger looked terrible. She didn’t know what made Yuri nervous like that. What she knew was she wanted to erase that from Yuri. They had always been each other’s emotional support, one always there for the other during her hard times and this time wouldn’t change at all.

So, Yena got out of the group she was talking with, politely bidding goodbye before Yena dragged Yujin and Chaewon to the side as the two almost headed back because they thought that she was done mingling.

“What is it?” Chaewon asked, already seeing the glint in Yena’s eyes, she just prayed that it’s not another crazy idea.

“I need you two to help me.” Yena whispered lowly only for the two to hear, although their voice couldn’t really be heard with all the music around them.

“I like it already.” Yujin excitedly said even without knowing what the request was. Things like this always excite the youngest of the group.

“I don’t.” Chaewon directly interjected. 

“Come on. I just need to comfort Yuri, okay?” Yena explained desperately, moving her head, signing the two to look at Yuri who seemed like a time ticking bomb, radiating with nervousness. 

They clearly knew if one in condition like that it’s no good to perform. There bound to be mistakes happened and Yena didn’t want that to happen to Yuri. Everyone knew how hard Yuri would beat herself up whenever mistakes happened on stage. Yuri was known for her handwork and perfection other than her amazing vocal. So, not a chance, Yena would let Yuri make mistakes on stage in her condition that would make the younger felt even worse after they finished performing.

“Fine. But no shady activity.” Chaewon stated, agreeing to help in the end after considering Yuri’s condition.

“I don’t know if hand holding counts as a shady activity or not but that’s all that I’m going to do. Nothing else. So I hope you could help me.”

“I’ll serve as your cover, unnie.” Yujin told Yena a second later, always ready to help Yena.

“You better not make anything seen.” Chaewon said, knowing anything related to Yena could become gossip or news the next day. The three headed to Rose’s direction and they saw how Chaeyeon and Sakura acted silly which made the three smiled.

Chaewon directly blocked the view from the side of Yuri and easily, Yena slipped her fingers down Yuri palm to intertwined their fingers and at the same time, Yujin had served cover for Yuri and Yena behind them.

Yena could see the look coming from Rose’s members but she acted cool, pretending as if she didn’t do anything. Chaeyeon and Sakura directly looked at different direction, leaving Yuri to Yena. Hyewon gave Yena a glare, clearly the latter didn’t like what Yena was doing but she wouldn’t confront Yena in front of everyone. Wonyoung and Hitomi noticed what’s going on but just remained quiet. As long as it could calm their main vocal down, why not?

Yena could feel the gaze coming from her side and looked at Yuri slightly, giving her a sincere smile, assuring her that she would be okay. At least, she could see a much better colour in Yuri’s face and a small gleam of confidence started to appear in Yuri’s eyes. Glad to know that I still have this effect on you, my Hamyul.

Seeing that Yuri was much comfortable, Yena let go of her hold on Yuri’s hand. Yuri seemingly still didn’t notice that at all. Yuri looked at her after the group was being called and Yena gave Yuri a smile, feeling relieved that Yuri was in her normal condition now. Yena looked at Yuri one last time before turning away.

“Let’s go back. My job’s done and thanks to the two of you.” Yena dragged her two best friends with her, wrapping her arms around the two.

“Anytime unnie.” Yujin as always was being loud.

“Welcome roommate.” Chaewon replied, glad to be of help and Yena didn’t create any trouble for them. 

 

***

 

Promoting period ended pretty fast to Yena’s liking. Why should it end that fast? She hadn’t made any progress with Yuri and the last one was when she comforted the younger. Now she didn’t have any chance to meet the younger which frustrated her.

Shouting before she whined, she earned attention from everyone in the apartment. Minju took a peek from the door of her room to make a check on Yena.

“Unnie… what’s wrong?” 

“Why… why our promoting period ends? Rose’s still got a week to go…” Yena once again being dramatic and buried herself in the blanket and pillows, not wanting to do anything.

“Yena-yah!!! Get out of the bed. We need to go practice soon.” Eunbi shouted from the living room.

“Eunbi unnie.. Yena unnie is sulking right now.” Minju told the leader, making the leader groaned and went to check on Yena.

“Yah!!!” Eunbi threw a pillow on the figure under the blanket.

Chaewon, Nako and Yujin also came looking at the childishness, Yena displayed.

“Unnie.. don’t you think it’s better for you to get out of the bed and think of ways to get closer to Yuri?” Chaewon started and made Yena flipped the blanket over and revealed herself.

“It’s good that I make you as Yena’s roommate.” Eunbi patted Chaewon’s shoulder.

“I guess, I’m just used to all the childishness that Yena unnie pulls.” Chaewon told everyone in the room.

Yujin jumped towards the bed and slumped herself on top of Yena. 

“Yujin.. out of the bed. If you do that, Yena wouldn’t get out of it.” Eunbi scolded the youngest.

Yujin and Yena looked at Eunbi with a pout before the two got out of the bed. Yujin’s mood changed pretty quickly though as she made a run out of the room towards the kitchen to look for something to snack on. 

Yena went to the bathroom to prepare herself. She washed her face, freshen herself up. She looked at her wrist on the bracelet she’s wearing after she took it from Yuri. Looking at the bracelet, a few seconds longer than she’s supposed to, suddenly she got an idea on what to do. She would have a busy day ahead for it.

 

***

 

Yena came back after going out shopping to buy some stuff which also included some snacks and groceries. Her members had gone back first after their practice earlier. Her manager did offer to do the shopping for her but she refused it. She felt like doing that by herself.

Yena dropped everything down on the table and her members helped her keeping the groceries she bought, while she went to her room for a while to keep her personal things, she bought. 

“Yena, we’re joining ISAC for e-sport.” Eunbi told Yena, gaining the main rapper’s attention.

“Oh.. what game?” Yena asked curiously, knowing she’s sort of one of the gamers among them.

“PUBG. Since Chaewon and Nako want to join that one.” 

“What’s the other choice?”

“Kartrider.”

There’s silence for a few seconds longer than it’s supposed to be. Everyone could see the gear in Yena’s head spinning, trying to understand what she had just heard.

“What?!!” Yena literally shouted and everyone somehow had predicted the outburst that Yena’s going to make.

“Why do you pick PUBG when there’s Kartrider that I’m really good at?” Yena scolded.

“Well.. Nako wants to play PUBG so…” Eunbi reasoned although her own voice sounded weak. “Then Chaewon want to play PUBG too.”

Yena sighed, knowing their leader was always weak upon Nako’s request. She pampered Nako too but Eunbi pampered Nako to another level. Nako was literally Eunbi’s daughter in the group.

“Fine. I guess I should just start training myself in it. So, who’ll be joining. You better include me in.” Yena said, didn’t to miss out playing and would totally be disappointed if they didn’t pick her after not picking her game.

“Me, Nako, Chaewon and You.” Eunbi said, placing the last of the groceries in the fridge.

Chaewon then came to Yena’s side and wrapped one arm around the older’s shoulder. “To make your mood better since we pick PUBG even we know you’ll insist on Kartrider, they join in this too, PUBG. Count it as we pick it for your sake. So, you know.. you get a chance to get closer to her again.”

Okay, that clearly made Yena a lot happier. She didn’t care with losing whatever game that she was playing as long as she got a chance to talk with Yuri again, maybe that’s a bit too hopeful in their condition right now. She should change it into being in the younger’s presence was enough for her. 

“You’re the best, Chaewon-ah.” Yena hugged the younger tightly, squeezing Chaewon in her embrace which was also one of the way for her to annoy her roommate.

“Yah! Let go of me.” Chaewon scolded, didn’t even mind the honorific anymore.

Yena let go of Chaewon after her roommate pushed Yena away which Yena dramatically acted as if she flew away. Yena lay down on the couch, playful expression changed to a serious one as she stared at the ceiling.

It amazed Yena in a way that she knew Yuri but at the same time didn’t. 11 years indeed made a huge difference. She knew Yuri when no one knew the younger but then she didn’t know Yuri when almost everyone knew the younger. She didn’t even know the younger would play a game like PUBG or even join e-sport event in ISAC. The new known fact sometimes blew Yena’s mind in a way.

Unconsciously, Yena smiled while thinking about Yuri. She sighed happily at the thoughts of Yuri. The butterflies in her chest made her giddy and she loved how it felt so much. 

“Unnie~~ Yena unnie is being weird again.” Minju who caught the sight, shouted it for everyone to hear before going towards Chaewon’s side, didn’t want to disturb the leader who’s starting to prepare food for them.

“Since when Yena unnie isn’t weird. She’s probably just thinking of Yuri.” Yujin, who walked out of her room after heard Minju’s shouting and saw the way Yena was smiling. 

 

***

 

“Unnie, teach me how to play.” Yuri held her phone and ran towards Sakura’s side, the master gamer in the house.

“Sure.” Sakura gave a few brief explanation to Yuri regarding the game.

Without not too many people knowing, Yuri was actually a gamer. Although, Yuri didn’t play PUBG much, she would be happy to learn from Sakura or Hyewon, knowing they played a lot of games like this. Yuri was good with Kartrider but since their good gamers played more PUBG than Kartrider, she decided to just listen to their choice. Besides, as long as she could have fun that’s all that matter right?

Eventually, it became a training for Rose in playing PUBG. Sakura, Hyewon, Hitomi and Yuri gathered up in the living room to play with Yuri still asking around occasionally and got help from the three who were much better player than her.

Sakura would give instruction for them to follow occasionally. It’s difficult for Yuri at first but she got better slowly. Maybe it’s because of the members’ help, she wasn’t quite sure. She just didn’t want to be a baggage to the team and bring them down.

After a few rounds playing, Chaeyeon asked them to take a break. She placed some snacks on the table and drinks too which directly savoured by everyone in the apartment. Hyewon and Wonyoung being the fastest in that before followed by Yuri, Sakura, Hitomi and then Chaeyeon.

“So, know how to deal with Yena yet?” Chaeyeon asked Yuri, wanting to bring the topic of how Yena calmed the younger when Yuri was anxious and doubting herself.

It directly made Yuri paused, chopsticks on air, totally caught of guard with the question. The mention of Yena’s name directly brought that warmth which slowly spread in her chest when Yena held her hand to calm her down, reminding her of how the sensation truly was, having her hand held in the safety of Yena’s. She still remembered how her palm tingled when Yena’s fingers slid down to intertwine their fingers.

“No.” Yuri replied, taking the food onto her plate and then placed it in front of her. 

“I want to get close to her but her reputation.. you know, unnie. You guys are the ones warning me, remember? Not to get too close to Yena.” Yuri sighed.

Yuri pouted and placed her chopsticks down. She clung to Hyewon’s side, wanting to seek a bit of comfort. Hyewon took a bite of her food before she placed her food down to gently patted Yuri’s head. 

Hyewon silently wished that Yuri could depend on her too when Yuri was anxious and needed someone to be there for her as her comfort and strength , like how it was a few days ago. It did make her feel dejected when Yena could bring comfort for Yuri when all she could do was standing by the side, watching. She always thought that she had a chance with Yuri but with everything she heard and saw lately, she knew that she never had that. Yuri never saw her that way. 

“You could try tell her to change.” Sakura suggested.

“What right do I have to ask her to change? I don’t even know if I am still counted as her friends or not. Besides, if she could change by herself, I think it would be much more sincere than I ask her to. I don’t want her to feel forced.” Yuri finally let go of Hyewon which the latter went to look at the younger with concern. Yuri started to stuff food into , starting to feel frustrated the more she thought of it.

“Do you want to hear my opinion on this?” Chaeyeon started it off. She clearly saw what was going on in between Yena and Yuri on the backstage a few days ago when Yena calmed their main singer down. She wasn’t blind, her members too. 

Yuri looked with her signature pout, cheeks puffed up as she half chewed her food. She gave a nod to their leader, wanting an input for this. She always knew Chaeyeon was a wise one, main reason that the latter got the nickname as the mom for the group.

“I think it’s not one sided.” Chaeyeon stated simply without beating around the bush.

Did the leader notice Hyewon’s feelings towards their main vocal? She definitely did. However, she didn’t want to make it beautiful too although it might hurt their rapper. She just wanted Hyewon to move on fast from Yuri because the longer Hyewon let her feelings grow, the more painful it was going to be. Because from what she saw and learnt, it’s kind of impossible to come in between Yena and Yuri. The two had the bond that she had never seen before and sort of impossible to be seen in real life. Just like Yuri had said before when she started her story, it’s more like something coming out of a movie or a drama.

It might look like Chaeyeon tried to push Yuri towards Yena. She didn’t have that intention. She just wanted Yuri to know that the feelings might be mutual if Yuri still hadn’t seen it in Yena. If it’s not obvious enough, she knew how much Yuri depended on Yena, in spite of Yuri’s acceptance regarding that because she could see Yuri was avoiding that, refusing to see Yena’s feelings. Truth to be told, the way Yuri acted always revolved around one particular person, Yena whether Yuri realised that or not. Chaeyeon just didn’t want Yuri to experience any heartbreak and sadness because Yuri didn’t want to give a chance to Yena. Making it easy, Chaeyeon didn’t want to have too much drama going around because it wouldn’t be good to Yuri, Yena or the groups they’re in.

“As much as I don’t like Yena’s behaviour in being so oblivious and extremely friendly towards others which clearly might lead others on. She clearly holds you in a high importance for her. I can see it in Yena’s eyes. It’s different. When it comes to you.” Chaeyeon looked at Yuri for a moment.

“Chaeyeon, what if Yena looked at others that way too? We never knew about that at all. It’s not like we’re right by her side all the time.” Hyewon spoke out her concern, clearly trying to protect Yuri while doing her best concealing her own feelings towards their main vocal.

“What Hyewon unnie said, made sense. She could be looking at others that way too.” Yuri said, clearly picking opinion that would support her on not talking to Yena.

“I forgot how stubborn you could be at times.” Chaeyeon chuckled, finishing her food and walked away to the kitchen. “Just don’t take too long. I just didn’t want a lot of drama going on. It wouldn’t be good to anyone.” The leader went to the kitchen to start washing dishes. 

The living room quieted down again. The others mostly listened to it, not knowing if they could put their thoughts in it, knowing this was a new topic regarding Yuri’s feelings towards Yena that they never knew anything about. Yuri was left in deep thoughts. She understood very well what Chaeyeon’s concern was. At the same time, she was also afraid, what if Hyewon’s words were true. She wanted to trust the leader’s opinion but to purposely jump into it and face it was frightening. She didn’t have that courage at all, not yet for now.

 

***

 

Filming for ISAC came pretty soon. Yena was excited since early in the morning. The members knew the real reason behind it. Yena was singing happily even doing a moonwalk around the apartment while she waited for her members to finish changing into the attire for ISAC recording. For the first time in history, Yena finished first in getting ready.

When everyone was ready, they waited for their manager and their van to come fetch them for their schedule. Getting into the van, they talked about the possible game strategy. They were excited and nervous at the same time.

When they reached the venue, reporters and photographers had been waiting for them. The moment, they got out of the van, the cameras already started rolling, flashes from the cameras didn’t stop. Yena as usual kept her poker face, while her members gave small smile before they stepped into the building.

They got into the elevator and suddenly Yena heard a ping from her phone. She directly went to look for her phone on the bag that she brought with her. She took the device out to see an unknown number texting her.

 

This is Hyewon.

I got your number from Sakura.

I just want to challenge you 

If I won the match, you would return Yuri’s bracelet

 

Reading it making Yena frowned directly. This was like war declaration for Yena. She couldn’t back away right? After someone said that to her. It made her look like a coward. 

 

Okay. 

But I don’t want to drag our team fight in it.

……

 

Yena could see the dots forming, signing that the person on the other line was typing a reply to her message. So, Yena waited until Hyewon finished typing.

 

Me too.

Let’s talk about our rules and terms then.

 

Yena thought for a moment. How the rules would be. She would want it to be fair if she was really going to do this. She tapped on the screen with her thumb as she was thinking before she decided on it.

We would still focus on our own team fight.

The thing that decided who win would be who died last.

What do you think?

Okay.

Sounds good to me

All the best for our team

All the best

 

At least, Hyewon didn’t sound annoying and still agree to her idea in doing their best for their own team rather than whether either one of them kill one another first. If Hyewon preferred that, she wouldn’t agree to it. So be it if Hyewon thought of her as a coward and loser for that.

 

***

 

“Unnie… what are you doing?” Yuri asked Hyewon, seeing the latter was busy with her phone.

“Nothing. I just figured out a way to get your bracelet back.” Hyewon happily announced and she could see Sakura giving her a look.

“Really?” Yuri sounded happy as she jumped around while holding Hyewon’s hands. Hyewon gave Yuri a smile and a nod. I would do anything to see you this happy, Yuri-ah.

“What did you tell Yena unnie? I don’t think she would agree to give it to you, just like that.” Yuri slightly pouted, a bit conflicted because she sort of brought Hyewon into this whole mess.

“Don’t worry. It’s nothing bad. It’s just I prefer to keep it in between me and Yena. But don’t keep your hopes too high because I might fail too. It’s not a 100% thing.” Hyewon told the younger, hiding the fact that she’s challenging Yena. 

“If… there’s anything weird from Yena’s request, just don’t do it, okay? Because I would be okay without it.” Yuri assured.

“Like you really would be okay without it. You’re fine for a few days but if there’s something triggering your doubts and insecurities again, you would be a mess. It’s not good for anyone. So, I’ll be getting it back for you, no matter how long it would take.” Hyewon gave Yuri’s hand a gentle squeeze before Yuri hugged her tightly and thanked Hyewon over and over. 

Little did they know, Yena saw everything and Yena felt slightly sad, knowing it used to be her, someone that Yuri hugged so tight and also someone who’s standing by Yuri’s side, to bring a smile on the younger’s face. Right now, she didn’t even have right to stand on the same room with the younger, knowing how Yuri was keeping a distance from her. Yena couldn’t even count herself as Yuri’s friend now because from the way Yuri treated her, she was merely an acquaintance to the younger. She was the one forcing everything on Yuri.

A squeeze on Yena’s shoulder made Yena turned to look at whom it was. Seeing Chaewon, Yena gave her roommate a weak smile before sighing. She slipped her hand into the jacket she was wearing. The bracelet was in the pocket of the jacket. She gently squeezed the bracelet. It’s like she was asking for strength from it, from Yuri. I’m not too late right, Yuri? She should have known that Hyewon was her rival from the day that she saw her. Maybe she did, it’s just she refused to believe it.

“The Yena I know and everyone knows, won’t give up that easily.” Chaewon tried to bring Yena’s confidence back up. “You won’t even give up even after you put up a good fight. You are that kind of person.”

“Unnie… you don’t even give up in looking for her all this time, despite how slim the chance is. So, if just that view in front of you stopping you, I wouldn’t want you as my favourite unnie any longer.” Yujin said, after seeing the sour mood Yena had and knew exactly why after she also saw what’s in Yena’s line of view.

“We’ll be around to help you, other members too, to win her acknowledgement and of course, her heart.” Eunbi said with a pat on Yena’s back. 

Eunbi might scold Yena for most of the time but the leader also knew how serious Yena was regarding Yuri, how important Yuri was to the latter. They were the ones knowing that perfectly. She definitely would do anything to help Yena in getting what that could make Yena truly happy. Being the leader, she definitely knew that Yena never completely showed how she felt, tend to keep part of it in because Yena was the happy virus, the person that could directly bring the mood up with her presence. So, Yena was always conscious on what she displayed for others. Eunbi knew that Yena herself was aware that as easy as she could bring the mood up, she could also easily bring the mood down.

Yena was never more thankful to her members at that time as she looked at each one of them with pout and tearful eyes. Her members laughed at her before giving her a hug. It’s a rare sight for Yena to truly showed how she felt and the members were glad to see that. Yeah, I won’t give up without putting up a good fight. It’s no longer our game, Yuri-ah. It’s mine and Hyewon’s with you as the referee. I’ll let go and surrender if you decided my lost. For now, I would win your acknowledgement before I win your heart.

 

***

 

The PUBG match was keeping everyone on edge. It’s fun and thrilling. The ones that got killed early went to support their teammates and when the team was out, they would cheer on other team. 

Without no one knew, there were two people who’s fighting for more than just fun and entertainment, with heart, love and pride at stake. Yena managed to dodge getting killed and turn it around. It’s only her and Chaewon left in the game. It’s surprising with her being new in the game for their team, desperation of keeping the bracelet with her might be the push for her right now.

Meanwhile, Hyewon did her best in surviving, making a few kills too during so. She stuck close to her members, keeping an eye for one another and became a great support for Sakura. She mostly tagged close to Yuri, knowing the younger was new to this game. Hitomi sadly was out early in the game because they got into a crowded area earlier and everything was messy with everyone shooting at one another. It’s lucky that she and Sakura managed to turn it around instead of getting killed early or it would be over for her match with Yena too.

This was no longer a game for Hyewon and Yena. The two was so serious that they’re in top 10 with Yena alone for the team while for Rose’s were Sakura and Hyewon. Yena felt extremely nervous, being alone with 9 more people to fight wasn’t easy. The most important was staying alive though. With that thought in mind, she played her best, managed to get to top 5 before someone shot her from her back. Yena even shouted ‘No…’ which brought laughter to those who watched it. Whatever Yena did somehow always was a source of comedy. Yena placed her phone down, feeling frustrated. She just lost. She was going to be dramatic again until she watched Yuri giggling and she had forgotten whatever that made her frustrated earlier. It’s so unfair on what you could always do to me.

Hyewon grinned happily, knowing she had just won from Yena. In fact, she’s the one that shot Yena so it kinda double her satisfaction in it. She looked at Yuri with a huge grin and proud smile. If their team lost, she didn’t even care as she just won the biggest match ever. 

“Yuri-ah, Yena would definitely return you your bracelet.” Hyewon couldn’t stop herself from telling it to the younger.

Yuri was beyond happy but also confused on what actually made Yena returning the bracelet. Still, she was ecstatic and hugged Hyewon, literally clung to the older, despite now the older had to continue playing. She was thanking Hyewon for helping her getting the bracelet back. Hyewon wouldn’t stop Yuri. She would die to enjoy the hug that was directed to her, especially after she just got Yuri’s bracelet back and made the younger extremely happy. 

Yena saw it of course, not to mention the camera definitely caught that view, shoving it to her face, rubbing more salt to her wound. Yena got up from her seat to walk away, not wanting to see more of that. To people she would most probably just go to the restroom or something. Besides, she wouldn’t get caught by the camera, knowing the match was in the .

Yena did end up in the restroom, the only place without cameras and people’s prying gaze. She needed to sort her thoughts. Breaking in front of others wasn’t her at all. Everyone is expecting you to be the source of joy. So get yourself together. Yena scolded herself. She even washed her face to cool down. She didn’t even bother if she washed off the light makeup she had. 

Stepping outside the restroom after bringing her own mood up, she walked around with huge smile on her face. Sometimes faking did work. It’s like lying to your own self and in the end, you forgot about why exactly you’re being sad. She bumped into idols that were on their way back to the location. She just talked with them to distract herself which she knew always worked. She walked with Hyunjin back to the site and gave a fist bump before she parted ways with him and went back to her seat to watch the remaining match that’s ending soon enough. She could see Hyewon has died too, leaving Sakura alone in the last battle for the number 1.

When Sakura rank first, it directly brought shout of excitement from Rose’s members and their group. Yena was happy for Sakura. She clapped for her gaming friend for winning it for their team. Yena sighed softly after that though and Chaewon noticed it.

“What’s wrong?” 

“Nothing.” Yena assured Chaewon. Chaewon gave a glare to Yena to ask the older to spill.

“For real, roomie.” Yena tried to dismiss it, turning her gaze away to look at the screen. She slipped her hand into her jacket pocket and pursed her lips when she felt the bracelet. Time to let go.

 

***

 

Everyone was ready to head home. The schedule had ended and slowly one group followed by the other started to head back, leaving a few that were still waiting for pick up.

Yena felt like taking everything back. She really didn’t want to give Yuri’s bracelet back. However, she wasn’t the type of person who took her own words back. It’s not her style at all. What she said she would do, she definitely would do it.

“Yena..” Yena turned to see Hyewon calling for her. Her members looked at her, questioning her on why Hyewon was greeting her. She knew the view must be kind of weird because she wasn’t particular close to the latter among Rose’s members.

Yena saw Yuri and other Rose’s members trailed behind Hyewon. Yena knew the reason behind Hyewon’s greeting. Lucky thing was they were still inside the building, far from people’s eyes, especially medias or fans. She preferred it that way. Whatever interaction they would have right now, she wanted it to be as private as it possibly could. 

“You don’t need to say anything else. I know.” 

Hyewon stood in front of Yena. Her hand stretched out to demand only one thing from Yena. Yena slipped her hand into the pocket of her jacket and took one item out, the orange and yellow bracelet could be seen, poking out from Yena’s hold. However, Yena didn’t place the item on Hyewon’s hand. Instead, she walked towards Yuri. 

Yena took Yuri’s hand and slipped the bracelet back onto Yuri’s wrist. Yena pulled the strings to tightened the knot. She looked into Yuri’s eyes, exchanging glance that only the two understood. It’s private, their silent language which was best for this kind of moment. Yena slightly pouted, the only sign of her not liking it but still, no words escaped from her lips, didn’t want to give any satisfaction to people watching.

To Yena, that bracelet would always meant goodbye, the time when Yuri was gone from her life. It’s also the reason she took it away from Yuri other than forcing Yuri’s acknowledgment. Why would Yuri need that bracelet when she’s there now and won’t be gone from the other’s life ever again. Nevertheless, to others she’s just a bully or even thief for doing so. 

The hold on Yuri’s hand taking slightly longer than Hyewon wanted but before Hyewon could clear , Yena had let go of Yuri’s hand. The silent conversation pretty much ended at that moment.

It’s goodbye. Once again. Wait for me because I’ll find you again, for real this time.

Yuri knew. It’s what she saw in Yena’s eyes, the same unspoken goodbye that Yuri saw that day under the warm glow of sunset. The thing different would be, it’s Yena who walked away this time while she stayed rooted on her spot watching Yena walked away without turning back. The one thing she could see was Yena’s back with one hand raised to bid goodbye to them as Yena walked with her members towards the exit of the building. Yuri wanted to stop the older but she didn’t because if she did, they would need to face it, what’s laying deep inside of their heart, the feelings that they locked far away and forgotten about, that warm glow that remained flickering inside the darkest dungeon of their heart. 

Yuri knew that she wasn’t ready. Yena was aware of that too, hence the goodbye. Yuri also knew another reason for Yena walking away, not because the older was giving up. It’s because the older also needed time to herself, just like she was, until the two of them were ready to open the door to the deepest part of their heart to release that warm light. They would take their time, properly prepare themselves in completely trusting one another before heading to the uncharted water, just like how the kid version of them was.