Restart

Promise

“Finally…” Yena whispered. You acknowledge me.

You found me. Yuri nodded, forehead pressed against Yena’s collarbone and her face hidden against Yena’s chest. Yena could feel the slight tremble coming from Yuri and then she felt slight dampness on her hospital pyjamas top. Her smile soon erased from her face and her gaze softened. 

Yena let go of her hold on the IV pole and placed her hand behind Yuri’s head. She would let the younger take her time. She was sure that Yuri was overwhelmed with everything. If she was the one seeing Yuri in the state she was in earlier, she would definitely be in Yuri’s condition too. She knew how bad it was, her condition, just by the way her members looked at her when she woke up was enough to give her the gist of how it looked before the ambulance was there. Besides, she wasn’t blind or senseless as she could see and feel the bandages on her right arm, her body and her head. Not to mention the pain too.

Yena stayed silent and she listened to Yuri’s silent cry. It broke her heart, always, whenever the younger cried, especially when Yuri tried not to let her know. One thing that she would never get used to, it’s still as painful as how it was in the past when they were kids. 

Their members and managers were silent and just watched the two of them. They saw the sides they had never seen before from the two. The serious and mature Yena instead of the usually cheerful and playful one while for Yuri, it’s the first time they saw her opened up about how she felt, instead of being her usually quiet and guarded self.

“Is this a time for me to bring a smile to your face?” Yena whispered to Yuri’s ear as she tried to cheer Yuri up. Her tone a bit teasing and playful. 

“Shut up. You’re lucky I can’t hit you right now.” Yuri scolded, face still pretty much buried against Yena’s chest although from the sound of it, Yuri was no longer crying. Yena’s hand remained behind Yuri’s head, brushing Yuri’s hair with her thumb to comfort the younger.

Yena let out a chuckle before wincing in pain, totally forgetting about her broken ribs. Yuri tilted her head up to look at Yena with the most adorable pout ever and Yuri’s eyes were still glassy from the silent cry earlier. It’s a view that’s new and yet so familiar to the two. New because it was for the first time the two being this close with the two knowing how one felt to the other and familiar because it’s not really the first time happening as it happened numerous times in the past in various occasion. It made Yena’s heart flutter in that certain way when she’s being this close to Yuri. 

Little did Yena knew, Yuri felt the same. Yuri’s heart also raced as this would be the very first time she properly looked at the older this up close and being inside Yena’s arm didn’t help to calm it down.

“Unnie, are you in pain? Do I hurt you?” Yuri started to worry of the older, remembering the situation earlier.

“I’m fine and you are not hurting me at all.” Everyone knew that Yena being fine was a lie. It’s fascinating enough for them that Yena hadn’t crashed down yet until now. 

As much as Yena wanted to stay in this position longer, she knew that she wouldn’t be able to hold on for too much longer. It started to get a toll on her body. 

“I’ll treat you later but let me borrow your bed for a while.” Yena simply stated, still didn’t want to admit that she’s going to crash down. 

“Sure.” Yuri helped Yena to her bed, letting Yena lay down for a while. 

She definitely didn’t mind to share her bed with Yena. Yuri also understood that Yena was in pain but never wanted to admit it when the older was in front of her. She always let Yena do so, ever since they were kid. She would always play along that she didn’t know about it at all. In the past, she usually would hug Yena to comfort the older but this time, she knew that Yena needed to lie down.

“And I definitely wouldn’t forget your promise to treat me.”

No one dared to protest or utter a word to the two because Yena and Yuri literally ignored them and basically erased everyone in the room from existence as the two were busy in their own world. However, the view was really sweet to those watching and a rare one too. It’s beautiful, what they saw. The emotions were raw and if the two always implied that their story was like coming from a drama or a movie, to those watching right now, no drama or movie could capture these emotions that the two showed for them.

“And it better isn’t the thing that I think in mind right now.” Yena directly told Yuri and the younger was already smiling so beautifully to Yena with a hint of playfulness in Yuri’s eyes as Yuri took a spot next to Yena on the bed, sitting on it while keeping her eyes on the older. 

“Do you know that sweets could always make one feel better?” Yuri was telling Yena what she wanted Yena to treat her with and Yuri definitely still remembered those words very clearly in her mind, what Yena had said.

“The déjà vu.” Yena playfully complained but the two couldn’t stop smiling. Of course, Yena knew what it was and Yuri was just confirming with her words on what she wanted.

“But I definitely wouldn’t forget.” Yena assured, holding one of Yuri’s hands that was enveloping hers.

Then, the sound of people clearing their throats totally broke the bubble the two were in. It’s the moment that all of them had been waiting for, the time for them to announce of their presence. Yuri turned to look at her members and Yena’s. Yuri blushed but still she smiled, feeling sincerely happy that everything had gone back to the track. It’s like that 12 years of separation wasn’t there. Meanwhile, Yena was doing her best to act cool although she was just as shy as Yuri right now.

“As much as we like to see how you two are right now, you two shouldn’t have ignored us when all of us are worried sick of you, especially you, Yena unnie.” Chaewon was the first one to scold Yena. Sarcasm was evident in her tone. 

“Please don’t mind my annoying roomie.” Yena told everyone, and in this case was Rose’s members. In response, everyone smiled at that comment Yena gave. Indeed the term of happy pill for Violet was true. The cheerful and fun persona was the same on and off camera. It’s not changing at all even in the personal level interaction like now.

“Unnie.” Yuri squinted her eyes a bit, giving Yena a warning in a way of not to do so.

Chaewon stuck her tongue out, teasing Yena that Yuri was picking her side. Yena signature pout appeared on her lips before she sighed. She knew that she did make everyone worried of her which she could see in her members and manager’s face. Her stunt earlier totally didn’t help too.

“Alright. Sorry that I make all of you worry.” Yena sincerely apologised.

Yena looked at her members for a short moment before going back to look at Yuri. It’s time to address the real reason for her to be there, on why she insisted to walk to Yuri’s room with her own strength.

“How about you though? Still blaming yourself?” Yena asked Yuri. Her left hand already reached out to Yuri’s to take a hold on Yuri’s warm hand. It’s also a way to comfort the younger and also to make sure Yuri wouldn’t hide from her.

Those in the room, slightly grimaced at Yena’s bluntness. No one in the room asked that to Yuri, instead all of them were just assuring the younger not to do that. They didn’t want Yuri to feel guilty of what happened. However, Yena went directly tossed it in front of Yuri’s face, doing the complete opposite. All of them agreed on how crazy Yena was to ask that question when they clearly know what the answer was without even asking.

Yuri directly duck her head down, hiding her face as she bit her lower lip, her shoulders slightly slumped down. Yena sighed when she saw the way Yuri acted, how the younger held her body right now. Her prediction on Yuri blaming herself was correct.

“Raise your head, Yuri-ah. Look into my eyes.” Yena told Yuri. 

Yuri didn’t even budge and stayed still. Yena let Yuri take her time as she kept her gaze on the younger. Yuri’s members knew that Yuri definitely wouldn’t look at Yena at all. It was Yuri’s habit if the younger was down or even cried, she would be by herself. Yuri wouldn’t let anyone see her moment of weakness.

“Look at me.” It’s a soft whisper from Yena, repeating her request earlier. Yena gave Yuri’s hand a squeeze. Yena wanted Yuri to know that it was alright to do so, everything was going to be fine and that she would be there as always for Yuri like she promised when she’s a kid.

Yuri’s members were so tempted to ask Yena to stop, not forcing Yuri to do so. They understood in a way that the damage to Yuri was more towards mentally than physically. If they put themselves in Yuri’s shoes, what happened to Yena could be quite traumatising, especially with them knowing of how Yuri felt towards Yena.

When Hyewon was going to be the one to stop Yena from forcing Yuri. Hyewon even had gotten up from her seat and Yena definitely saw it from her peripheral glance before she saw Yuri slowly moved her head up to look at Yena and Yuri definitely had tears in her eyes. Yena’s attention went back to Yuri and once again Hyewon got forgotten by her.

“I’m here and I will always be here now.” Yena assured Yuri. 

“I won’t leave you. That promise is still valid.” Yena slightly pushed her body up to sit down and Yuri instinctively moved to help Yena. 

Yena patted Yuri’s head gently and smiled softly. “And you should know by now that I never break my promise.” Yena placed her left hand on Yuri’s cheek before she carefully thumbed away Yuri’s tears. She then gently wiped the tears on Yuri’s left eyes with the back of her hand.

“So, don’t blame yourself any longer or I won’t treat you.” Yena tried to joke a bit, to bring the heavy mood down and a broken chuckle came from Yuri’s lips.

“How could one change their mind that fast?” Yuri joked along but she did feel a lot better by now. The guilt was still there but it wasn’t as bad as how it was. 

“I need to. Because someone starts to be naughty and doesn’t listen to me any longer.” Yena teased Yuri. 

“Who’s being naughty? I’m not.” Yuri directly pouted and started sulking. 

Apparently Yuri’s habit didn’t change at all. Still the same Yuri that Yena had known all this time. She really loved to tease Yuri just to bring that kind of reaction from the younger.

“I don’t say it’s you.” Yena replied, holding back the smile that threatened to grow wider at how Yuri’s pout grew even prominent.

“Wow.. I can’t believe this..” Yuri scoffed and then glared at Yena. “So, unnie comes here to just attack me?” 

Meanwhile, their members exchanged glances in whether they should stop the two or not. It’s so fascinating how the serious talk turned into a debate that fast. In their eyes, it seemed that the two were going to start arguing. However, they decided to keep quiet and continued observing. Everything was kinda unpredicted to them. They never saw this kind of banter coming from Yena and Yuri, so they didn’t really know exactly how to act or react.

Yena smiled at the glare that Yuri was giving her. The younger was still sulky. She knew that for sure. At least, sulky Yuri was better than sad Yuri to her. It’s a way to distract Yuri anyway and it felt great when she knew it worked. 

“Alright. alright.” Yena scooted closer and directly hugged Yuri with her left arm which directly made Yuri frozen on the spot. “I’m sorry.” 

Yuri didn’t say anything. Yuri was too overwhelm by the butterflies that formed in her stomach. Heart directly raced from the unexpected hug. Calm down. It’s not like it’s the first time Yena unnie acts like this. You have gone through this in the past for a lot of times. 

Getting no answer or any reaction from the younger directly made Yena pulled away, thinking that she made Yuri uncomfortable. It definitely reminded her a bit of the time when Yuri was still pushing her away. 

“Sorry again if I make you uncomfortable in a way.” Yena said with a pout this time and found Yuri blushing as the younger shaking her head.

“And.. the treat is still there, okay? So, don’t be upset.” Yena quickly said, knowing everything started because of her being playful about it.

“Unnie, stop being so guarded, okay?” Yuri stated.

“Did we just hear Yuri said that?” Hitomi whispered to the rest of the members which was heard by Yena. 

Yena couldn’t understand the statement coming from Hitomi but that was a question for some other day. 

“We have decided to be friends right? So, no more apologising for something like that.” Yuri explained to the older and Yena nodded dumbly, accepting everything just like that. One good thing coming from it was that she didn’t need to worry on how to act around the younger.

“Roger that.” Yena saluted Yuri and Yuri laughed softly.

“Sorry to disturb the two of you.” Suddenly the voice of Yena’s manager came in between Yena and Yuri’s conversation which made the two quiet, to listen to the older one speaking.

“Yena, I think you should go back to your room so you could properly get a check up which you run away from when you insisted to come visit Yuri.” The manager told Yena.

Yena directly grimaced at the fact given by her manager. She quickly looked away from Yuri, knowing she would get scolded by the younger from that. Suddenly the curtain was much more interesting. She didn’t need to look at Yuri to feel the piercing gaze from the younger. She could heard the soft chuckle coming from her members. 

“Why did she need to bring that up now?” Yena muttered to herself softly.

“Unnie!” Yuri scolded Yena and earned a response of Yena covering her ears. 

Yena tried to steal a glance at Yuri and Yuri was fuming. She knew she made the younger worried again. But no one should blame her for it though when earlier she was really worried of Yuri. Yuri was always more important though. It was Yena’s turn to pout now.

“Sorry…” Yena muttered with a soft whine.

“I’m just worrying about you.” Yena continued a moment later and she slowly pried her hands away from her ears and raised both of her hands, a sign of giving up to the younger.

Yuri just sighed, couldn’t really scold Yena because of the reason, knowing it was for her purpose too. 

“Okay. Now go back to your room, unnie.” Yuri said and she could see Yena tried to argue to stay longer. 

“If unnie doesn’t go back, I’ll definitely stop talking to you until you do so.” Yuri threatened and Yena could only pouted and nodded. 

“Fine…” Yena weakly agreed to it, still pouting.

Chaewon and Eunbi silently clapped from where they stood at. The two who understood how stubborn Yena was and always the ones that got the trouble in keeping Yena in check. It’s like their duty. Finding Yuri had such a great control over Yena amazed them. 

“I’ll go back for a checkup before coming back here.” 

Yena slowly got out of the bed with Yuri’s help. Eunbi quickly rushed to Yena’s side, didn’t want to trouble Yuri because Yuri’s ankle hasn’t completely healed. 

“Thank you for knocking some sense to Yena.” Eunbi told Yuri at the same time, teasing Yena.

“Yah, unnie.” Yena whined. She didn’t understand why she suddenly being the one getting attacked by everyone.

“Why suddenly Yuri becomes everyone’s baby and I’m the bad guy?” Yena continued her complaints which made the entire people in the room laughed at her childishness.

“Why not? She’s much cuter than you and more obedient too.” Eunbi replied, just to annoy Yena as they walked out of the room together. Yena playfully glared at their leader before turning her head to look at Yuri.

“See you later, Joyul.” Yena shouted and waved at the younger.

“Alright, unnie. Make sure to listen to Eunbi unnie and don’t create trouble.” Yuri told Yena, asking the older to be more serious.

“Yes, ma’am.” Yena gave an okay sign to Yuri before pushing the IV pole with her again.

“See, even Yuri agrees on how troublesome you are.” Eunbi continued teasing Yena about it.

“Shut up, unnie.”

Eunbi and the rest laughed at Yena. Everyone did agree that Yena would be much easier to control now although Yena did behave well lately. They made their way out slowly and carefully. Yena felt so much better already, compared to when she first woke up. She had forgotten about the pain just because she was way too happy at that moment. The best painkiller would be talking with Yuri. It made her adrenaline high.

“Manager unnie… can I request something?” Yuri asked while watching Yena disappearing from her view, slowly walking away with the help of Chaewon and Eunbi.

“What is it?” 

“Can you move my room to Yena’s?” 

The manager questioned herself on whether it would be the best decision to follow with Yuri’s request. What she had seen earlier told her that if she didn’t go along with it, Yuri would just sneak out to find Yena. That’s how deep the two’s connection was. The two weren’t in a relationship. That much she was aware of. It was barely friendship. There were parts that were hidden from her and the members seemed to know about it. It must be something personal. Her gut feelings did tell her though, coming from the experience of looking around or the previous artists she handled, from the two’s interaction, what the two had could grow into something more than friendship and it meant trouble for Yuri and the group. Even right now was enough of a trouble that even their company asked about the extent of Yuri’s relationship with Yena, wondering if they should bury the news. 

“So, how is it, Unnie?” The question interrupted what was in the manager’s mind

“I need to ask if Violet’s manager agree to it or not. Just no sneaking out till then.” The manager warned Yuri and Yuri could only pout as she nodded in agreement, praying that Violet’s manager would agree to it.

 

***

 

Violet’s manager agreed to the idea way too fast. There’s only one reason for that. She needed Yuri around to keep Yena in control. She didn’t want Yena sneaking out in that kind condition which might make their main rapper’s condition worse.

When Yuri was moved into Yena’s room, Yena was asleep. Yuri didn’t mind that at all, knowing Yena needed all the rest. During that, she would occasionally check on Yena while she listened to her members talking and sometimes listened to songs in her phone. She purposely didn’t check any social media, knowing how crazy it could be and she didn’t need all that stress.

Yujin walked closer towards Yuri’s bed and took a seat on the edge of the bed, near Yuri’s feet. It directly caught Yuri’s attention and pulled the headphones out of her ears. 

“Hello, unnie. We never properly talked.” Yujin started the conversation. She talked to most of Violet’s members but the rarest interaction would be with Yuri and Hyewon. 

“It’s still so amazing to me, that you are the Yuri, you know?” Yujin’s tone was so full of amazement.

At that moment, Minju walked towards Yujin and tugged the puppy’s shirt. They needed to bring Yujin back to stop the embarrassment that they felt started to grow. Wasn’t surprising at all because Yujin was the other troublemaker of the group. If the members didn’t spend time controlling Yena, it would be Yujin. 

“Come back, Yujinnie.” Minju muttered softly. “You don’t want Eunbi unnie to scold you right?” Minju continued whispering to Yujin.

The hyper Yujin directly looked dejected at the words of she might get scolded by their leader. She just couldn’t help it when she was really curious about Yuri. All this time, she only heard Yuri as a tale from the past by Yena. Seeing the Yuri was like seeing a character of a storybook came to life. What’s more fascinating was that the Yuri was Rose’s Yuri, someone that was so close to their group.

Yuri watched this whole thing with a smile. It’s amusing, the interaction happening in front of her. It seemed that Yena talked about her a lot and it made her slightly curious on what Yena told her members. She hoped it was in a good note though. She could see the curiosity in Yujin’s eyes and she didn’t blame Yujin about it. Now that she had mended her friendship with Yena in a way, she also wanted to get to know more of Violet’s members, the people who knew Yena all this time and also the people who took care of Yena when she wasn’t around the older.

Yujin was dragged away by Minju. Minju was apologising on Yujin’s behalf for disturbing her and gave Yuri an apologetic look while Yujin was pouting all the way. Yuri just couldn’t help but let out a chuckle. Well, somehow she could sense the effect of Yena in the group. 

Hyewon came closer to Yuri, remembering the item that she had been holding for these two days. She sort of forgot to give it to Yuri for worrying about the younger. Hyewon took the broken bracelet out of the pocket of her jeans.

“Here.” Hyewon opened her palm as she handed the broken bracelet to Yuri. “I thought you would still want it.”

Hyewon took a seat next to Yuri on the bed and Yuri scooted slightly to the side to make room for Hyewon. Yuri looked at the broken bracelet and felt sad about it. She took it from Hyewon’s hand and held it tight in her palm. She indeed needed to let go of that bracelet now. Her lucky charm did protect her in one way or another. She wouldn’t throw it away though. She would keep it close to her wherever she went. She placed the broken bracelet on the  side of her pillow. 

“How’s your ankle?” Hyewon checked Yuri’s condition.

“It’s healing pretty well. There’s only slight pain. The swelling is gone too.” Yuri assured the older.

Yuri turned her gaze towards sleeping Yena again before smiling by herself. Then the room broke into a huge laughter and she turned to find Sakura, Chaeyeon, Hitomi and Nako joked around. Then soon enough Wonyoung and Yujin joined in. Yuri would chuckle as she listened to them and Hyewon watched them from where she was seated, next to Yuri on the bed. 

As it was getting darker, the members decided to head back first, not without leaving a lot of food behind. Yena stirred awake from the loudness. Violet and Rose members had mingled really well and it’s like they were already one group instead of two. This time everyone talked to one another, except for Yena because she’s asleep. Yena woke up in confusion with the talk the ten had as they walked out after bidding goodbye to her and Yuri. She even barely made out any words at that moment, still extremely confused with what’s going on. All she knew was Yuri was now in the same room as her, her body was in pain again and all of them were going home. 

At least the doctor came in for last check up of the day. The doctor reminded her to do her breathing exercise regularly, a therapy for her lungs and not to make huge movement with her right arm. Yuri definitely heard all of that. Yena didn’t need to worry that she might forget about it because Yuri was around. 

 

***

 

The moonlight came through the room from the gap in between the curtains. The two people in the room couldn’t get any sleep. One was sleeping too much while the other was slightly nervous. Both of them knew that they had a lot to discuss but none could bring the topic up. The two hadn’t had a serious talk just yet, the talk that they preferred to be done when there were just the two of them.

“So… my Hamyul properly acknowledge me now right?” 

In the end, Yena was the one starting it off. Seemingly Yena knew that Yuri didn’t know how to bring it up and Yuri was thankful for it. 

Both of them was pretty aware that they hadn’t properly talked about everything. How their friendship should be, knowing their status as idols that people tend to make everything out of every single interaction they had.

“Should I take it back?” Yuri teased Yena, eyes playful as she stared at Yena from across the room from her bed. She didn’t want to let that lightness and ease that Yena started to disappear that easily.

“No.. no.. no..” Yena quickly said, didn’t want Yuri to change her mind about it. The two shared a glance before laughing. It was supposed to be this way. Easy.

Yena gave Yuri a small smile. The two kept quiet for a few seconds, around a beat or two of their heart but from the look they shared, they knew the next topic would be a serious one. However, the atmosphere was still light and comfortable. It’s not the awkward and suffocating. 

“Honestly speaking, to be one hundred percent trusting unnie would still a bit difficult. However, right now, I’m on the trusting side than not.” Yuri told Yena, knowing the reason of Yena’s question earlier. Even if she had reassured Yena about it before but they weren’t really properly talking about it.

“I understand Yuri-ah. It’s still a long way to earn your trust. We lost 12 years. Well, I lost 12 years to keep your trust that you once gave me. But don’t worry. This is already a good start.”

Yuri nodded with a smile. “Don’t worry. I won’t avoid you like how it was, just like how I’ve said it.”

That statement at least assured Yena, knowing that the younger wouldn’t push her away any longer. As much as she didn’t mind to go through that again, she preferred it not to happen. She was yearning for the younger during these few months.

“That’s good.” 

The two once again smiled at one another. They could feel it. Their friendship was slowly fixing and they could feel it too, that warm light that’s now free from its confine slowly flickered up into a brighter one and spreading inside of their heart. 

“I wonder what’s wrong with us. We always get closer in the hospital.” Yena said and Yuri was confused at first but then the younger understood. It was indeed funny. What was happening to them was just like how it happened in the past.

“I don’t regret a bit for meeting you or parting ways with you and must wait this long until I find you and for you to acknowledge me.” Yena continued, eyes glued to the person on the bed across her, staring at Yuri warmly.

“The most annoying part though was for you not telling me that you know me.” Yena’s face faked to be annoyed with it and Yuri just smiled at Yena, knowing it was just Yena’s antics.

“What can I do? You’re not the unnie that I know.” Yuri argued in playful manner. 

“Am I now?” Yena’s tone was hopeful. She wanted Yuri to tell her ‘yes’ so that she knew that her hard work all this time paid off.

“Maybe. Although you are more annoying than the last time I remember.” Yuri gave a vague answer although Yena could see it in Yuri’s eyes that Yuri did think that she had gone back to her old self, her true self because Yuri was looking at her like how small Yuri always did, like how she was the younger’s world. So, she didn’t need other confirmation. 

“Ha… ha.. that’s funny.” Yena sarcastically remarked and Yuri laughed heartily at Yena before Yena joined in. The room was then filled with their happy laughter.

When the two stopped laughing and the two stared at one another. That’s when Yena finally noticed the orange thread next to Yuri’s pillow. Seemingly Yuri noticed where Yena’s gaze had landed to. 

“Unnie, sorry that I broke the bracelet that you gave me.” Yuri sounded sad. It’s normal though when that bracelet had kept her company for years.

“I’m glad in a way that the bracelet is broken.” On the contrary, Yena sounded happy. As long as Yuri was alright, she didn’t care if the bracelet was broken. She could make more of it for Yuri. 

“Why? I don’t though.” Yuri was confused with the way of Yena’s thinking. Wasn’t the older supposed to feel sad too that she didn’t take care of her bracelet properly.

“It only meant goodbye.” Yena explained with a sigh. All the bracelet reminded her of was only the time that she got to be separated from Yuri. So in a way, it’s a great thing to her that it was broken.

“But it keeps me strong all this time.” Yuri muttered with a pout, still feeling sorry for the broken bracelet. 

“Besides, I would prefer you to be safe than you got hurt from protecting the bracelet. So, on positive thoughts, I’m glad that my bracelet protect you too in a way.” Yena sincerely said before she continued. “But I’m here now to keep you strong all the time. All the more reason you no longer need it” 

“You won’t be next to me 24/7” Yuri argued as she once again locked gaze with Yena.

“Ugh… the older you is so demanding.” Yena pretended to be annoyed although a few seconds later, Yena was already smiling again at Yuri. She was never been this happy before. Her stomach was filled with butterflies and she felt all this bubbling energy and excitement inside of her.

“Unnie…” Yuri whined and the younger pouted again like a hamster. 

“I totally forget how cute you could be, my Hamyul.” Yena stated so casually that made Yuri blushed. It’s lucky that it’s dark that Yena couldn’t really see her face. 

“By the way, can I get a hug?” Yena asked softly. 

The two exchanged shy glances and then Yena saw Yuri nodded. There’s an underlying meaning that Yuri always caught from Yena when the older asked for a hug. That’s the time that Yena needed Yuri to be the source of her strength.

Yuri got out of her bed. The cold air of the hospital hit her body the moment she got out of the blanket and when her feet made a contact with the cold floor, she couldn’t help but slightly shivered from it as she made way towards Yena. Meanwhile, Yena had already scooted to the side to provide the space for Yuri. Yena pulled the blanket up for Yuri as the younger took the spot next to her left before she covered Yuri up again with the blanket.

Being this close totally didn’t help in hiding how the two felt for one another. It was clear how much the two missed one another but due to the people around them or how they were sort of in a distance from one another, they didn’t feel as much. 

“I miss you. Like really miss you. I thought I won’t see you ever again.” Yuri finally broke down her walls and decided to just show Yena how she truly felt. 

Yena sneaked her left arm behind Yuri and wrapped it around Yuri’s shoulder and pulled Yuri closer to her. Yuri wrapped her arms around Yena’s waist as she scooted closer to Yena, finding a comfort from the older. 

The chilling air of the hospital had been replaced with the warmth of each other. Maybe it was the reason that they two got together when they were kids. Yuri wasn’t used to the cold air of the hospital while Yena was too used to it that she needed a change. Had the two learnt of the comfort and warmth in each other’s arms, they no longer wanted to feel that cold anymore.

“I miss you too, so much.” Yena honestly replied, decided to lay out her feelings towards Yuri. 

Yena never found it difficult to tell Yuri how she truly felt. It’s always easy because she knew Yuri wouldn’t judge her ever. So the only person she could be honest with was Yuri and it applied the same to Yuri in this case. 

“And I will always keep my promises, okay? Every single of it. So, don’t you ever doubt that.” Yena whispered as the two were now going back to their own little world.

Yuri nodded her head as she tightened her hold around Yena. Yuri buried her face on Yena’s neck, just like how she used to do when they were kids. Yuri closed her eyes as she felt Yena’s warmth started to lull her to sleep. The feelings was still the same as she could remember. It felt so safe, so comfortable when she was in Yena’s arms. All her worries disappeared just like that.

“Unnie, how are you feeling?” Yuri suddenly remembered, waking herself up from almost dozing off, wondering  if Yena was still in pain or in any kind of discomfort. 

At first, Yuri wanted to pull away but Yena seemed to sense it and rested her cheek on top of Yuri’s head. Yuri remained still after that and went back to her previous spot in Yena’s arm. 

“Complete.” Yena told Yuri honestly and she didn’t really mind of her racing heart. She decided to just be confident with it even with the risk of Yuri might be listening to it.

Yuri smiled in Yena’s arms, slightly blushing too but the two really were enjoying one another’s presence. Yuri agreed on what Yena had said, despite that she didn’t say it out loud.

“Sleep.” Yena told Yuri, sensing the younger was really relaxed in her arms. Yuri must be tired from staying awake all the time while she was the opposite for sleeping most of the time. 

“But unnie..” Yuri softly argued but she knew it was getting harder for her to stay awake because of how comfortable Yena’s embrace was.

“I’ll be sleeping soon too. So don’t worry.” Yena softly whispered, didn’t want to disturb the silence that had slowly lulled Yuri to sleep. She could always know when Yuri was being comfortable, at how relaxed Yuri’s posture was.

They knew they still got a lot to talk about but for now, they could have a little break. At least they had settled on what’s going on in between them. They would still need to discuss on how to face others or the media later on. For now, they could escape the discussion and enjoyed the time they had for themselves.

This moment was like they were returning to the past, when nothing else matters. The only thing mattered was one another. They were rekindling their friendship, their trust for one another. It wouldn’t take long now because the two had decided to face it together as they had properly met now. Would they progress further than friendship? They couldn’t give that answer just yet but the option remained open as they also wouldn’t deny the fact that they always had this love towards one another waiting to be explored because the two never understood how they truly felt towards one another from being too young. Whatever held in the future, at least they knew they would face it together and would always be for one another even if no one would stand behind them to support them.