Chapter Twenty Eight

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter

[As to not confuse you guys:

Rogue: As an adjective, rogue means moving away from the usual path or trajectory, being rebellious, divergent, or independent-thinking. The phrase “going rogue” means to set off in an unusual, isolated direction, possibly for bad or deviant reasons.

Rouge is an adjective, it is French for “red.” In the cosmetics industry, rouge is another word for blush, the powder that is used to color cheeks and cheekbones.] 

One Plus One Equals Rise

Namjoon was out of the car in no time, pulling Taehyung in a tight embrace with a heavy sigh leaving his lips. The impact of his body slamming into Tae’s own leaves him breathless. Or maybe it’s Namjoon who unknowingly knocks the wind out of him with his appearance. Namjoon sighs in relief, tightening his holds on Taehyung. His smile returned knowing that Taehyung is safe and in his arms.

“You’re such a ing idiot.” Namjoon quips in the crown of the younger’s head, a rumble of laughter coming from Taehyung. It’s such an amazing sound. Jungkook’s content sighs and Taehyung’s deep laughter. Taehyung’s entire body relaxes compared to the tension that molded into him in the earlier hours of the day.

“It almost seems like someone missed me.” Taehyung teases melting even more into Namjoon’s hold. 

“Don’t be ridiculous. I almost lost my .” Namjoon pushes the younger away Taehyung’s box smile wins him over and Namjoon pulls him back into the warm embrace. 

“While this is nice, it’s about to rain.” Namjoon looks up towards Minjae who smiles at them to return to the car. Namjoon loosens his hold on Taehyung only because he has to. With a roll of his eyes, Minjae chuckles jokingly puts his hands in the air surrendering to Namjoon in defeat. Namjoon takes the seat by the window on the left side of the car while Taehyung sits next to him in the middle seat. Minjae chooses to sit up front in the passenger seat next to Seojoon discussing business. The car is enveloped in a tight squeeze of peace surrounding them. For once they can breathe.

 

They arrive back in Seoul soon enough, everyone exhaling knowing they’d arrived safely. There were no car chases, no gangs surrounding them, and no missing members. Seojoon takes them back to the beach house having left the younger boys there. Namjoon hasn't sat down with them to discuss next steps. He has pretty much taken in the whole group without thoughts of where they would live. Jin’s home could only hold so many people. He figures now is the time to discuss things now that their shoulders slack in relaxation. 

Everyone sits in the dining room dinner laid out in front of them after breaking off to their respective rooms after the car ride. Jin took the liberty of keeping Jungkook cuddling him and Hobi in the room he’d be staying in. The three took a long but needed nap. Namjoon and Taehyung sat around in the living room talking for hours, things light and airy around them. Seojoon seemed to be avoiding Hyunsik a little but the other male followed behind him like a lost puppy. Kyungmin and Saeho felt better enough to join them for dinner and it brought smiles to everyone's faces. 

“You can give him back now hyung.” Namjoon stretches his hands out to retrieve Jungkook who’s deeply engrossed in what’s in his bowl. He reaches out to grab it when Jin cuts him off short fearing the food would just end up on the floor.

“I will when he fusses. I just want to hold him a little longer.” Jungkook is waving his arms and bouncing in delight as Jin feeds him mashed potatoes. It’s becoming a common thing for Jungkook to have at least one potato base item on his plate. The little baby enjoyed it so much. Jin is currently in charge of his dietary needs and Namjoon doesn’t question it even when he adds a little butter and sprinkles of salt to them.

“Is that safe?” Hobi sits in Yoongi’s lap stabbing at a piece of meat with a real fork fit for a toddler. It has a cute green handle with Hobi etched on it. He’s holding his fork in a flicked way but he smiles while doing everything on his own. Jin had explained he was taking the Montessori route with Hobi and wanted to try with Jungkook also. Namjoon believed it would be an adventure but why not?

“I started teaching him when he was younger. He’s gotten the hang of it by now.” Jin says to the maid just as Hobi stuffs the meat in his mouth. He groans in delight digging into his plate. Yoongi assists him only when necessary. 

“You said you wanted to talk?” Kwon speaks up towards Namjoon who is busy whispering something to Taehyung. 

“Ah, right.” He scratches his neck in embarrassment when everyone turns their attention towards them feeling heat rise to his cheeks. “I wanted to know what our next step will be. I don’t think it’s safe for you guys to return home and I'm looking into options that may protect you. Kurea is still running around.”

“We’ve been talking about it and we were wondering if you knew of a company that would take us in?” Kwon answers for everyone taking on the role as their leader. Namjoon could see them being a group with a lot of potential, more importantly soaring to new heights even globally. 

“You’re pretty much blacklisted and a liability.” Minjae interjects. “With Kurea’s connections I fear it would only be a trap.” 

“I may know a company they could join without worry.” Yoongi speaks up looking towards Jin who nods for him to continue.  “I’ve been meeting a few people throughout all of this in hopes of starting a label-with you Namjoon.” Namjoon freezes his chopsticks still in the air as japchae falls from it. Jungkook chooses that moment to reach out stuffing some of the noodles in his mouth a little too much. The infant begins to choke and Namjoon reacts rather quickly taking him out of Jin's hands. 

“You can’t just stuff your face like that.” Namjoon sighs cleaning Jungkook up before he starts to cry. He hands him one noddle that he palms stuffing his balled fist in his mouth to get a taste of it. 

“Wouldn’t the sauces bother him?” Taehyung asks, a little concerned. 

“I dipped it in the water so he’s fine.” 

“What do you say?” Yoongi shifts the conversation back and Namjoon relies on his first instinct. 

“Why not?” Namjoon shrugs. “But it doesn’t solve the housing problems. I’m currently out of a home and staying with Jin until I find something better. 

“For now they can live in my condo.” Yoongi suggested. “Anyone wanting to come in would have to get past the security, front desk, and the keypad. We can rest the password every week until they debut. If anything happens to them after we form the group all eyes would be on Kurea for explanations.”

“If you guys are willing to start off with a no name label we are willing to help you debut.” Yoongi looks over to each boy who a

Please log in to read the full chapter