18.

The Night Crew

A long while later is when I have a lot more pressure on my shoulders. Because I now have to start acting like a crown prince and I still am trying hard to make it work, but I still struggle to accept the new fate. I also haven't quit The Night Crew, because this team has become a team of friends and they have promised me to protect me at all costs. I know that the queen doesn't like that, but I don't leave my friends behind.

I'm with the five of us in a private room, enjoying a drink. I can't go outside now, as it becomes too obvious that I am outside. I have pleaded for the four of them to become my bodyguards and although the queen didn't want it at first, she had no choice but to accept my request. The four of them all have a room near me, because they need to be at my room as soon as possible in case danger is lurking around the corner. I have seen this strange guy, who apparently is a taoist priest, multiple times and I have heard from many maids that he is still making a plan to get me killed.

On the other hand, I have seen the three female ghosts that are constantly near me quite a few times. They also try to warn me for this taoist priest and I have been taking more and more measures to protect myself. I have learnt more about this guy and how I can prepare myself to bring him down for good. This is something that the team can't help me with, because the final move has to be made by me. I master both fire and water, so I am powerful enough to bring him down. Having control over the ghosts isn't enough to bring me down.

Prince Hakyeon has continued to flirt with me, but I still am not sure how I truly feel about the whole situation. I have never actually cared about a relationship at all and I don't even think that I want that right now. Maybe we are going to spend some time together and that I am able to figure out how I truly feel towards the prince. I still find it very difficult to call him by his name when it's just the two of us, so I still call him by his title.

''I have heard that this guy wants to do a ceremony tonight in which he will release more and more ghosts to terrorize this place. So we need to stop him tonight.'' Yunho says and Byeongkwan is the first one to disagree. Joon Gi follow shortly after, but Seonghwa agrees and also has a plan to stay close to the prince to keep an eye on the royal family to see what they are up to.

''How are you so sure of stopping him tonight? He is much more powerful than we are and only I can stop him. We need to have a plan that isn't doomed from the start. Yunho, it's something I have to finish myself okay?'' I sound pissed, but I am determined to get this taoist priest killed. It's just that I need more time to come up with a plan and I can definitely use the three ghosts to spy on him. If I would do that, it would be obvious that I am after him.

Right at that time, a knock is heard on the door and it's announced that the queen and the prince want to come in. The five of us all face the door and get up at the same time, but I can sense that someone grabs my hand from behind me. When I look over my shoulder, I can see that it's Joon Gi who has taken my hand in his as some kind of support and indirectly telling me that everything will be fine with them on my side. Then, the door is being opened by some guards and both the queen and the prince enter the room.

The five of us bow for the two and we recieve the same treatment from the queen and the prince as the two bow at the same time. The eyes of the prince go straight to me, but I ignore that. My eyes rest on the queen, who seems to be disturbed by something. It can't be due to the presence of The Night Crew, since she had to accept already that I refuse to keep them on the other side of the gates. And she has said herself that my wish is her command, although she doesn't agree on this actually.

''Your Majesty, may I ask why you are here?'' Yunho immediately takes the lead, not giving the queen a chance of explaining why she is here. Yunho makes sure that he stands in front of me, so that the queen won't be able to fully see me and to make sure that the prince has to break his eyecontact with me. From this distance, I can hear a sigh coming from the prince. I get what Yunho is trying to do, as he basically always has been a kind of father figure to me when I grew up aside from the household I grew up in.

The prince approaches Yunho without saying a word and manages to grab my shirt, before pulling me away from Yunho. He pulls me with him towards the queen and the four of them sigh in annoyance. The prince lets go of my shirt and grabs my hand, making me look at him with a disgusting look. I didn't approve this whole thing myself yet and it seems that the prince isn't giving me any time to take it all in. He may be in love with me, but that doesn't mean I return that love for him just now. I look back at Yunho, trying to make clear to him that this isn't what I wanted and that I prefer to stay with them.

''We have to attend the ceremony in just a few minutes and the four of you cannot be around him. I know that you would like to protect him, but you cannot be around him to do that. All of you are a danger to the other attendees and I don't want our crown prince to end up with a damaged reputation.'' the queen speaks and it's obvious that she is disgusted by the fact that The Night Crew is around me and serve as my guards. The queen sees The Night Crew as threats to me, but I know them longer than she does and I need to prove her that this team can protect me a lot better than the guards of the palace can. We are able to see ghosts and the guards of the palace can't. 

Without giving the team a chance to respond, the queen leaves the room along with the prince, who pulls me with him. I look over my shoulder and I try to make clear that I never signed up for this. I then look back and I just let the prince pull me with him. I wish that they had never discovered who I am, because I still would've lived the life that I grew up in. And then the royal family wouldn't have bothered me. I still wish I was a complete stranger to the family, but it's a shame that I had to be taken away and that I had to change my lifestyle. But one day, I have to take over the throne. And when that happens, I'll change everything.